DC vs. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
DC:
Pre-Crisis Superman
Green Lantern (Hal and Kyle)
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally)
Martian Manhunter

Marvel:
Silver Surfer
Classic Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Morg
Sersi

Which team wins?

Avalonofthewind
Precrisis Superman causes vibrations which cause the Marvel characters to lose their powers. He then juggles planets for fun while drinking orange juice and playing the banjo with his feet.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Precrisis Superman causes vibrations which cause the Marvel characters to lose their powers. He then juggles planets for fun while drinking orange juice and playing the banjo with his feet.

lol that sounds about right.

batdude123
laughing

Private Pion

You forget, he sneezes on them, wiping out their entire universe.

lilnutta12
1 other thing he wipes his armpit forgeting about the planet and the planet brakes along with them cool

diabloman
marvel

Private Pion
Actually, on second thoughts, rocks fall, they all die.

Broly92
They get forced to make a show called Super Pals

diabloman
Originally posted by Private Pion
Actually, on second thoughts, rocks fall, they all die. surfer flies down and catches the rocks

Private Pion
Cosmic, magical rocks from beyond time, which are the embodiment of the gods of the old world.

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
marvel

Well this is certainly unexpected. roll eyes (sarcastic)

badabing
This would be a good fight if it wasn't Pre-Crisis Superman or maybe RKT.

diabloman
Originally posted by batdude123
Well this is certainly unexpected. roll eyes (sarcastic) lets face it. you like DC i like marvel. sorry to disapoint you

batdude123
lets face it. you like DC i like marvel. sorry to disapoint you

I like both Marvel and DC. You assume that I like DC better because my favorite character is Batman. That's beside the point here. This isn't a popularity contest. This is a "who do you think would win in a fight" contest.

diabloman
I like both Marvel and DC. You assume that I like DC better because my favorite character is Batman. That's beside the point here. This isn't a popularity contest. This is a "who do you think would win in a fight" contest. i am being serios the DC cant take on the marvel list there

batdude123
Alright, that's better. Now, WHY do you think the Marvel side would win?

diabloman
Alright, that's better. Now, WHY do you think the Marvel side would win? theres more guys and most of them are more powerful then the DC team

batdude123
theres more guys and most of them are more powerful then the DC team

No, both teams have six characters and are equally powerful.

Psyquis52
Alright,

Silver Surfer vs Superman PC = Silver Surfer
Green Lantern (Hal) vs Thor = Hal
Green Lantern (Kyle) vs BRB = Kyle
WW vs Sersi = WW
Flash vs Gladiator = Gladiator
MM vs Morg = Morg

Now...

Silver Surfer vs Hal = SS
Kyle vs Morg = Morg
WW vs Gladiator = Gladiator

or...

Silver Surfer vs Kyle = SS
Hal vs Gladiator = Hal
WW vs Morg = Morg

and then you have two heralds vs 1 GL

Game over.

Marvel wins 7/10 to 8/10

Soljer
No, they are not equally powerful. As is being discussed (somewhat comically), Pre-crisis Superman was a walking Plot device. A PIS machine, as it were. He would come up with Super-Anti-marvel-powers and they would cease existing.

Current Superman would be a better match, but then would immediately be destroyed by the Surfer. So it would be a bit pointless. If normal Superman, I would give this to the Marvel team.

Pre crisis? He could solo them.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
No, they are not equally powerful. As is being discussed (somewhat comically), Pre-crisis Superman was a walking Plot device. A PIS machine, as it were. He would come up with Super-Anti-marvel-powers and they would cease existing.

Current Superman would be a better match, but then would immediately be destroyed by the Surfer. So it would be a bit pointless. If normal Superman, I would give this to the Marvel team.

Pre crisis? He could solo them.

Fine, it gets switched down to regular Superman. However, Hal or Kyle would be able to handle Surfer rather than him going after Supes.

Psyquis52
Fine, it gets switched down to regular Superman. However, Hal or Kyle would be able to handle Surfer rather than him going after Supes.

I agree that a GL is a match for a herald but I don't think they can beat SS.

diabloman
No, both teams have six characters and are equally powerful. equally powerful you say ? come on man wake up

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Alright,

Silver Surfer vs Superman PC = Silver Surfer
Green Lantern (Hal) vs Thor = Hal
Green Lantern (Kyle) vs BRB = Kyle
WW vs Sersi = WW
Flash vs Gladiator = Gladiator
MM vs Morg = Morg

Now...

Silver Surfer vs Hal = SS
Kyle vs Morg = Morg
WW vs Gladiator = Gladiator

or...

Silver Surfer vs Kyle = SS
Hal vs Gladiator = Hal
WW vs Morg = Morg

and then you have two heralds vs 1 GL

Game over.

Marvel wins 7/10 to 8/10

You're joking right? blink PC Supes wouldn't lose to Silver Surfer. Besides, Hal or Kyle could more than hold their own against SS. Just ask Validus, Silver Surfer can't do anything that a GL can't do. smile

batdude123
I agree that a GL is a match for a herald but I don't think they can beat SS.

And just why not? They are equal in terms of power.

batdude123
equally powerful you say ? come on man wake up

Would you at least TRY to have an objective view point here. roll eyes (sarcastic)

diabloman
Would you at least TRY to have an objective view point here. roll eyes (sarcastic) i do have a point. doesnt look like u know how much powerful the marvel team is.

batdude123
Diabloman, I know perfectly what the Marvel team can do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
Errrm...you say that the Surfer wouldn't fight Superman? Which is...true, really. Even if you pitted him against someone else, it would be possible for him to simply drain Superman of his power with a mere thought, and THEN go after any one else. Or morg could, could he not? As a herald of Galactus, he should have powers comparable to the Surfer's.

Regardless, with regular Superman, this definitely goes to Marvel more often than not.

bigbran
if this is morg w wol then he is above ss.

batdude123
Errrm...you say that the Surfer wouldn't fight Superman? Which is...true, really. Even if you pitted him against someone else, it would be possible for him to simply drain Superman of his power with a mere thought, and THEN go after any one else. Or morg could, could he not? As a herald of Galactus, he should have powers comparable to the Surfer's.

Regardless, with regular Superman, this definitely goes to Marvel more often than not.

Surfer wouldn't have time to deal with Superman. He'd be too busy fighting Hal or Kyle. The other GL would be facing Morg.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
if this is morg w wol then he is above ss.

Hell no. no I am NOT giving the Water of life to Morg. no

Avalonofthewind

I hate seeing stupid comments such as this one. Immediately destroyed by Surfer? Won't happen in ANY reality.

Could SS get a win? He could after an exhausting battle for him.

diabloman
Diabloman, I know perfectly what the Marvel team can do. roll eyes (sarcastic) sure embarrasment

batdude123
sure embarrasment

Well, it seems as if you don't know what the DC team can do.

diabloman
Well, it seems as if you don't know what the DC team can do. i know plenty of what they can do im just saying that this marvel team can take them down.

Psyquis52
You're joking right? blink PC Supes wouldn't lose to Silver Surfer. Besides, Hal or Kyle could more than hold their own against SS. Just ask Validus, Silver Surfer can't do anything that a GL can't do. smile

Bottom line, the most dangerous person in this line up isn't Silver Surfer at all. Morg before he even had the WOL beat Silver Surfer and could have killed him with very little effort.

Now I can assume that any GL is on a similar power level to heralds but you'll have to work with me on the fact that SS is more experienced with his powers. Not to mention that but I honestly believe he's faster and has more durability. Even without force fields and what not SS can take damage on a Colossus level and his strength level is just as high.

Morg on the other hand is a death sentence for any of the DC crew. Seriously.

Gladiator is easily a match for any one of the Marvel and I know I don't have to list Thor and BRB's capabilty. I shouldn't have to defend them. You really should give me some credit for assuming Marvel wouldn't win by a lot.

batdude123
i know plenty of what they can do im just saying that this marvel team can take them down.

Fair enough.

bigbran
y would you make pc supes, but not wol morg?

Soljer
I hate seeing stupid comments such as this one. Immediately destroyed by Surfer? Won't happen in ANY reality.

Could SS get a win? He could after an exhausting battle for him.

Erm..I don't mean in a physically confrontation, I mean....Surfer can (has?) just drained his yellow-sun radiation, or produce kryptonite raditation. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted me, but the Surfer's matter manipulation/creation powers would end Superman.

batdude123
Bottom line, the most dangerous person in this line up isn't Silver Surfer at all. Morg before he even had the WOL beat Silver Surfer and could have killed him with very little effort.

Now I can assume that any GL is on a similar power level to heralds but you'll have to work with me on the fact that SS is more experienced with his powers. Not to mention that but I honestly believe he's faster and has more durability. Even without force fields and what not SS can take damage on a Colossus level and his strength level is just as high.

Morg on the other hand is a death sentence for any of the DC crew. Seriously.

Gladiator is easily a match for any one of the Marvel and I know I don't have to list Thor and BRB's capabilty. I shouldn't have to defend them. You really should give me some credit for assuming Marvel wouldn't win by a lot.

Yes, however Morg is a brawler with a lot of power. He doesn't have the speed factor. GL's are experienced enough with their powers to easily be able to compete with Silver Surfer. There is nothing that he can do that they can't do. Faster? Maybe. However, Kyle flew from one end of the universe to the other in under a day. So if he is faster (I doubt it), it is not by so much that he would make them look like fools.

Gladiator is powerful, but so are the characters on the DC line-up. Thor and Beta Ray Bill are powerful as well, but anyone would give those guys trouble. Oh yeah, btw you are a SAINT for not saying that Marvel wins by so much. stick out tongue

Soljer
I don't want you to misunderstand me, I'm not saying that Marvel DESTROYS DC, I'm just saying that I believe they would manage the majority. Not by a lot, but at least a small majority.

Psyquis52
Yes, however Morg is a brawler with a lot of power. He doesn't have the speed factor. GL's are experienced enough with their powers to easily be able to compete with Silver Surfer. There is nothing that he can do that they can't do. Faster? Maybe. However, Kyle flew from one end of the universe to the other in under a day. So if he is faster (I doubt it), it is not by so much that he would make them look like fools.

Gladiator is powerful, but so are the characters on the DC line-up. Thor and Beta Ray Bill are powerful as well, but anyone would give those guys trouble. Oh yeah, btw you are a SAINT for not saying that Marvel wins by so much. stick out tongue

Why thank you batdude. As usual, you have posted a very interesting fight that we will have many a friendly engagement over. I like that. big grin You are a genius.

Back on subject. Morg out-maneuvered SS in there first encounter. He was suprisingly fast and should be considered as fast as SS.
Morg is also more than just a brawler. He used his powers in creative ways to beat SS, Defensively and Offensively; and that was before WOL.

Accel
I personally find current Superman above Pre-Crisis Supes. I mean, besides sneezing a solar system away, what has Pre-Crisis Supes done?

Didn't current Supes help lift the Spectre (weight of the universe) and fly faster than Pre-Crisis Supes was ever shown to fly (20X lightspeed)?

batdude123
Why thank you batdude. As usual, you have posted a very interesting fight that we will have many a friendly engagement over. I like that. big grin You are a genius.

Why thank you! big grin

Back on subject. Morg out-maneuvered SS in there first encounter. He was suprisingly fast and should be considered as fast as SS.
Morg is also more than just a brawler. He used his powers in creative ways to beat SS, Defensively and Offensively; and that was before WOL.

Yes, however consitant feats of him would suggest that he likes to have a purely physical fight with an opponent. He never utilizes his attack speed. Btw, he is not as fast as Silver Sufer.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Accel
I personally find current Superman above Pre-Crisis Supes. I mean, besides sneezing a solar system away, what has Pre-Crisis Supes done?

Didn't current Supes help lift the Spectre (weight of the universe) and fly faster than Pre-Crisis Supes was ever shown to fly (20X lightspeed)? Precrisis Superman had more abilities than current Superman, and his looney writers allowed him to do totally illogical things.

batdude123

Didn't current Supes help lift the Spectre (weight of the universe) and fly faster than Pre-Crisis Supes was ever shown to fly (20X lightspeed)?

BLASPHEMER!!!!!! PC Superman has closed a gigantic black hole when it was open. The Post-Crisis version of that feat he held it closed before it had a chance to open. However, in the Pre-Crisis case, the black hole was already open and he closed it. He has also flown through dimensions before like it was nothing. Pretty much anything he did was just damn uber and completely unexpected.

Cosmic Cube
Why thank you! big grin

Yes, however consitant feats of him would suggest that he likes to have a purely physical fight with an opponent. He never utilizes his attack speed. Btw, he is not as fast as Silver Sufer.
Like Flash, Surfer's speed has to be dumbed down in comics for a interesting story.

Avalonofthewind

He's repaired all of time with his fists.

Things like making sense didn't matter.

batdude123
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Like Flash, Surfer's speed has to be dumbed down in comics for a interesting story.

Same as a GL. wink

Cosmic Cube
BLASPHEMER!!!!!! PC Superman has closed a gigantic black hole when it was open. The Post-Crisis version of that feat he held it closed before it had a chance to open. However, in the Pre-Crisis case, the black hole was already open and he closed it. He has also flown through dimensions before like it was nothing. Pretty much anything he did was just damn uber and completely unexpected.
Black holes only "open" and "close" in pre-crisis DC comics.

Post crisis Supes contained the gravity of a miniature black hole with his bioaura (and a little help from GL.) It was already active when he grabbed it.

Cosmic Cube
Same as a GL. wink

GL's have FTL flight speed, not reflexive speed.

Avalonofthewind
Erm..I don't mean in a physically confrontation, I mean....Surfer can (has?) just drained his yellow-sun radiation, or produce kryptonite raditation. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted me, but the Surfer's matter manipulation/creation powers would end Superman.

It's been debated before. SS could creatively use that against Superman. Then again Supes could also pull T-vo on him and negate a lot of his power.

batdude123
GL's have FTL flight speed, not reflexive speed.

The ring more than makes up for that. It gives the user automated defenses along with heightened awareness. It can do stuff without the user having to realize it.

Psyquis52
Why thank you! big grin

However we should also compare those feats with battle tactics one would use against said opponents.

For instance: where is Silver Surfer most vulnerable? His close range game. Therefore, you would want to take the fight up close. Also Terrax has a scary close range game with his axe. It's natural to want to disarm him of his axe that way he loses confidence, steam, and the majority of his power.

So Morg comes across that way because the majority of his opponents are vulnerable to a close range fight.

He would more than likely try to close the gap on the GL's as well and could probably do it effectively.

Juntai
He's repaired all of time with his fists.

Things like making sense didn't matter. In one of the recent stories, either in IC Secret Files, or in the 3 parter in Supes' comics involving him. Kal L the old Superman's Lois had died, and he asked god if he could have some help with it, and suddenly she was back to life.

batdude123
However we should also compare those feats with battle tactics one would use against said opponents.

For instance: where is Silver Surfer most vulnerable? His close range game. Therefore, you would want to take the fight up close. Also Terrax has a scary close range game with his axe. It's natural to want to disarm him of his axe that way he loses confidence, steam, and the majority of his power.

So Morg comes across that way because the majority of his opponents are vulnerable to a close range fight.

He would more than likely try to close the gap on the GL's as well and could probably do it effectively.

And Hal or Kyle would be more than ready to take on Morg. They are more versatile than him.

Psyquis52
And Hal or Kyle would be more than ready to take on Morg. They are more versatile than him.

laughing That's ridiculous. Is there anyone the GL's aren't more versatile than?

That's kind of like saying water is wet.

It doesn't matter if they're more versatile. Morg is more vicious. He won't relent. He will kill them if he gets the chance.

batdude123
laughing That's ridiculous. Is there anyone the GL's aren't more versatile than?

That's kind of like saying water is wet.

It doesn't matter if they're more versatile. Morg is more vicious. He won't relent. He will kill them if he gets the chance.

You don't think that the GLs haven't taken on relentless types before? They are more powerful than you give them credit for.

Cosmic Cube
The ring more than makes up for that. It gives the user automated defenses along with heightened awareness. It can do stuff without the user having to realize it. This is true. That's the only reason why GL's can fight guys like Surfer.

However, they have to will themselves faster than light, which takes a lot of willpower.

Hal has done it.

Psyquis52
You don't think that the GLs haven't taken on relentless types before? They are more powerful than you give them credit for.

Oh now. Don't get like that. I'm a huge GL fan and am more than aware of what they are capable of. Seriously, Kyle is by far one of my favorite comic book characters but I am also very well informed on what Surfer and Morg are capable of.

I happen to own that whole Herald Dilemma thing where Morg first appears and kills Nova.
I use those as a reference point for this and I'm telling you that Morg has fighting skills that are beyond that of most Cosmic beings. Combine that with being the 2nd most powerful herald before he had the WOL.

batdude123
Oh now. Don't get like that. I'm a huge GL fan and am more than aware of what they are capable of. Seriously, Kyle is by far one of my favorite comic book characters but I am also very well informed on what Surfer and Morg are capable of.

I happen to own that whole Herald Dilemma thing where Morg first appears and kills Nova.
I use those as a reference point for this and I'm telling you that Morg has fighting skills that are beyond that of most Cosmic beings. Combine that with being the 2nd most powerful herald before he had the WOL.

Yeah, and Hal has punked Mongul in a h2h fight before. What's your point?

Psyquis52
Yeah, and Hal has punked Mongul in a h2h fight before. What's your point?

Pft. Mongul is an @#$. Hal's nice and all that with hand to hand but before Morg was a herald that was his forte. It was all he had to live off of. He wasn't some ace fighter pilot, he was an executioner by life style and he had to fight for that position.

batdude123
Pft. Mongul is an @#$. Hal's nice and all that with hand to hand but before Morg was a herald that was his forte. It was all he had to live off of. He wasn't some ace fighter pilot, he was an executioner by life style and he had to fight for that position.

Don't be underestimating Mongul here. Mongul is extremely strong and durable. He is one tough sob. He's an alien conqueror.

Psyquis52
Don't be underestimating Mongul here. Mongul is extremely strong and durable. He is one tough sob. He's an alien conqueror.

I was actually teasing. wink

Cosmic Cube
Don't be underestimating Mongul here. Mongul is extremely strong and durable. He is one tough sob. He's an alien conqueror. Krypto nearly killed him. stick out tongue

batdude123
Krypto nearly killed him. stick out tongue

That's cause Krypto is a freakin BEAST!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue Happy Dance

Seriously, he gave Superboy Prime some trouble. no expression

batdude123
I was actually teasing. wink

wink

Cosmic Cube
Krypto is not a beast. I am.

Psyquis52
Krypto is not a beast. I am.

Wow. Being a little full of ourselves aren't we?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.