Delta vs SAS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zaxaquar
Please only list hard facts, then opinions. Make sure that you are still friendly during posts to prevent the thread from getting locked. This thread is being created to collect information for people to review and make their own conclusion. Please attempt to separate your opinion from the facts that your opinion is based off of to prevent confusion of fact and opinion. Thank you for participating.

I hope you all find this thread useful, entertaining, and good source of information.

(this information has been gathered by extensive research, and personal communication, as mentioned)

===========================================
I've talked to guys in the Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force, SWAT, Recon from the army (don't remember the devision), and Airborne.
British SAS and SBS, I don't know much about, I'm in the U.S. so I haven't communicated with any SAS or SBS. I don't know much about them. The Delta Force was STARTED by an American who WAS an SAS. He started SFOD-D and SFOD creates more tactics and more, trains harder and harder, they were started by an --->X<--- SAS who was an American. They were NOT trained BY the SAS. They occasionally participate in cross drills.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delta Force is a unique unit, with approx 300 officers in it. The U.S. government officially denies their existence. The Delta Force commence covert ops which are range from under cover work, VIP assassination, illegal operations (dirty work of governments), political interference. Team elimination in some cases. They do it all. They specialize in SCUBA, HALO, HAHO, small to large unit warfare, woodland and CQB. Hostage recue of course.
Deltas are almost a match for SEALs in SCUBA, but SEALs dominate Delta in underwater operations, which aren't very common. Deltas dominate the SEALs on ALL land and air warfare.
Preparing to get in rangers (join the U.S. army, and hopefully get recruited by US-A-1stSFOD-D).

My opinion: I believe that the US-A-1stSFOD-Delta is slightly more skilled than the SAS. I believe this because the U.S. are war mongers and are at the top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

Take care everyone...
-Zaxraver

Soleran
Yeah really there is no "better" team, they all cross train and guess what, once again they all cross train there really is no better.

KharmaDog
Each has their own specialties.

JTF2, SAS, Delta Force, SEALS, each has their own exceptional abilities and preferred forum of operations.

bogen
in the end they'd probably blow each other into bits with the north korean pointing and laughing the whole time.

jaden101
SAS isnt confined to military operations...they also are responsible for the security of visiting VIP's and it is them who plan routes for motorcades etc....so when you see tony blair walking around with a bunch of suits flanking him...they are not merely security services...they are SAS

in the first gulf war it was the SAS who were the first allied forces in and were responsible for the "scud hunter" mission. this was despite the fact that there was initially no formal communication with the USAF to send in air strikes after the SAS designated target...they improvised...and were successful

its estimated that combined with the US F-117 stealth...the SAS were responsible for the destruction of 80% of all designated military targets during desert storm

due to there work in iraq, Israel backed down from their threat to attack Iraq after a few missles were launched against them

i would say technologically that Delta Force would be superior but it terms of tactics and diversity of deployment...the SAS edge it

Darth_Erebus
Have any of you guys been in at least a basic infantry unit in the military? Do you guys even know how many members are in a SEAL team? What is the standard sidearm of the SAS? To the person who said "Delta force has 300 officers" where did you get that figure, especially for a unit that supposedly doesn't exist? And how do the best units of the British Royal Marines compare to the SAS?

I don't know all the answers myself (though I know some) and I was a force recon Marine in the early 80s.

jaden101
techincally the SAS dont have standard issue weapons as many of them use their own prefered sidearms anyway

if you want to say they have standard issue gear then its the same as the regular army...the Browning L9A1 or in some cases (as is supposed to be the general replacement) the P226 Sig-Sauer

Keith6544
well let it be clear that our Royal Marines have the fastest Amphibious record. And our SAS training lasts about over 1 year and the selection process for the SAS is the hardest in the world. The SAS missions are usually in squads of 4-10 men all individually trained in different fields. One man will be an expert in communications,another in disarming explosives, another in medical treatment, another in orienteering and so on but always the most expierenced soldier in the squad will have a certain expertise in each field. This makes the SAS the most advanced CT unit in the world. No SAS soldiers have been KIA since WW2, They were deployed in WW1, WW2, falklands, both gulf wars and were used in the hostage crisis in the Iranian embassy and used in Germany when a plane was hijacked by terrorists.

inimalist
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Each has their own specialties.

JTF2, SAS, Delta Force, SEALS, each has their own exceptional abilities and preferred forum of operations.

I had heard that JTF2 had higher requirements for acceptance and tougher training, but that could have just been someone running their mouth

Bicnarok
Only someone who has experience with both of these special forces can give an accurate answer.

Seeing as the forces work and train together a lot, sharing experiences and ideas, it would come down to who is on the ball on the day.

Any Brit would say the SAS and Yanks, Delta (or more likely the SEALS).

Ive come across the SAS when I was in the Military a few times and all I can say is that they are very intelligent, prefessional people who love thier job.

Reincarnated
It shouldn't be Delta vs SAS but the SAS vs the US special ops group who managed to kidnap the panama president in the middle of the night

Rogue Jedi
Delta Farce ftw.

Burning thought
SAS would easily take the number one ranking special force, apprently they train other special forces or so ive read but theres no point in debating it, nobody really knows enough about either to be able to rank them effectively, grabbing a few missions here and there is all fine and well but theres likely hundreds of incredible missions we dont hear about that would be far more impressive and further gauge their effectiveness.

I wouldnt call the US:

Originally posted by Zaxaquar

top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

The SAS programs are said to be incredibly tough, and ive read by most the toughest in the world though I have no official source thus why I wouldnt debate it, but top when it comes to military? their only top in budget dude.....each of their pieces of equipment from their rifles, tanks, jets, subs are argueably Weaker and inferior one on one to British made variants. Their a "toss as many forces in as we can and we will win! hell yeah were awsome!" kind of military imo, not elite top of the range weapons.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
SAS isnt confined to military operations...they also are responsible for the security of visiting VIP's and it is them who plan routes for motorcades etc....so when you see tony blair walking around with a bunch of suits flanking him...they are not merely security services...they are SAS

in the first gulf war it was the SAS who were the first allied forces in and were responsible for the "scud hunter" mission. this was despite the fact that there was initially no formal communication with the USAF to send in air strikes after the SAS designated target...they improvised...and were successful

its estimated that combined with the US F-117 stealth...the SAS were responsible for the destruction of 80% of all designated military targets during desert storm

due to there work in iraq, Israel backed down from their threat to attack Iraq after a few missles were launched against them

i would say technologically that Delta Force would be superior but it terms of tactics and diversity of deployment...the SAS edge it

Watch Bravo Two Zero

UKR
Originally posted by Zaxaquar
Please only list hard facts, then opinions. Make sure that you are still friendly during posts to prevent the thread from getting locked. This thread is being created to collect information for people to review and make their own conclusion. Please attempt to separate your opinion from the facts that your opinion is based off of to prevent confusion of fact and opinion. Thank you for participating.

I hope you all find this thread useful, entertaining, and good source of information.

(this information has been gathered by extensive research, and personal communication, as mentioned)

===========================================
I've talked to guys in the Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force, SWAT, Recon from the army (don't remember the devision), and Airborne.
British SAS and SBS, I don't know much about, I'm in the U.S. so I haven't communicated with any SAS or SBS. I don't know much about them. The Delta Force was STARTED by an American who WAS an SAS. He started SFOD-D and SFOD creates more tactics and more, trains harder and harder, they were started by an --->X<--- SAS who was an American. They were NOT trained BY the SAS. They occasionally participate in cross drills.
Delta Force is a unique unit, with approx 300 officers in it. The U.S. government officially denies their existence. The Delta Force commence covert ops which are range from under cover work, VIP assassination, illegal operations (dirty work of governments), political interference. Team elimination in some cases. They do it all. They specialize in SCUBA, HALO, HAHO, small to large unit warfare, woodland and CQB. Hostage recue of course.
Deltas are almost a match for SEALs in SCUBA, but SEALs dominate Delta in underwater operations, which aren't very common. Deltas dominate the SEALs on ALL land and air warfare.
Preparing to get in rangers (join the U.S. army, and hopefully get recruited by US-A-1stSFOD-D).

My opinion: I believe that the US-A-1stSFOD-Delta is slightly more skilled than the SAS. I believe this because the U.S. are war mongers and are at the top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

Take care everyone...
-Zaxraver

YYYYYYYOOOOOOO JJJOOOEEE

Bicnarok

Placidity
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the SAS has both a higher attrition rate during selection and also a much longer training period before being qualified. Also, the SAS has a longer track record.

However, I don't think anyone can objectively say which is the "best".

On a side note, I'd also like to point out the Australian SpecOps unit, SASR is also up there among the ranks.

Final Blaxican
Australia's lame though.

no expression

Anonymous000
Well, time for me to start up an old topic Happy Dance
I saw this page from a google search, and needed to post something so uninformed people don't stay misinformed.
Delta Vs. SAS Vs. Navy Seals

-Requirements-

I won't go into detail with this part. But Delta has the most strict requirements out of these three groups. If you don't own any books on these groups, a simple google search should suffice if you want to confirm this.

-Selection-

SAS: Have at least 3 months of service, and sign up. There are two selections per year, one in the summer, one in the winter. So either way your battling the elements. Heatstroke vs. Hypothermia.

Navy Seals: Meet the basic requirements, and take the SEAL Challenge. You sign up for it.

Delta: You don't sign up, they find you. They find you based on your recorded skills in the Army. They will ask you to join if they need your skills. If you accept, you go through S&T which very little is known about. However, very, very few people make it through S&T successfully.

-Analysis-
Anyone can sign up for the SAS and SEALs. Though, they do have to go through the selection courses and what not, they do not need any specific skills. Whereas, Delta, recruits specific people whom have specific skills that they need. And after they are recruited, they get to go through their own Selection Course. So while all three units no doubt have top notch soldiers, Delta has the best assortment of skills/abilities. Because of the fact that they recruit you based on your ability , and you can't 'sign up', shows that they put their Squadrons together to have maximum effectiveness in maximum scenarios.

-Training-(Not overly much is known on the actual training, so I will not go into detail of training for ANY of these groups.

SAS: Intense training for ALL environments/scenarios.

Delta: Like the SAS, intense training for ALL environments/scenarios

Seals: Intense Water training, with above average land training.

-Analysis-

While Delta does not train ALL of its members for underwater warfare, their SCUBA teams match the Seals as far as training and skill level go. The Seals just have more SCUBA teams. I'm not sure about SAS Scuba teams, so I will not make a comparison with them. However, on land, both Delta and SAS are much better trained and skilled than any Navy Seal team.

-Overall-
Not much is actually KNOWN(not speculated) about Delta aside from selection requirements. Delta is by far the most classified of the three Special Operations groups. However, aside from that, based on what we do know, Delta has a slight edge on the SAS. Delta also has the edge on the Seals, because while underwater their team skills are about equal, out of the water, Delta dominates. Again, I'm not sure about the SAS scuba teams, so I can't make an accurate comparison of the Seals to the SAS. From what we know, Delta has an edge on the SAS for the sole reason of selection. Anyone can sign up for the SAS. Granted, not all pass training, but thats not the point. Delta hand picks its recruits from all units in the Army, and then puts them through selection. This will give them the edge over the SAS.

Also, exact numbers are not well known, and therefore my analysis' do not take numbers into account.

Ms.Marvel
**** that

rangers lead the way!

Anonymous000
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
**** that

rangers lead the way!

erm More blind support. Boy are the people of this forum open minded and intelligent. The Rangers are better than the Marines as far as land combat. But they fall short to Delta, SAS, and probably the SEALs. While the Rangers are one of the top units as far as the US military goes, when you look at only the Special Operation units, the Rangers are nothing special. The Rangers and Marines are more numerous then the other Special Ops Units, a consequence of this is that they have less training, and less skill. While the are still Elite soldiers, they cannot stand up to the top tiers of Special Operation Units.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Anonymous000
Boy are the people of this forum open minded and intelligent.

ha ha ha tell me about it! i wish more members were as intelligent as you are! it was so impressive how you managed to see how my post was nothing more than a call of duty reference and doesnt reflect my opinion of which military branch is superior to which at all!

yeah totally!

Symmetric Chaos
erm More blind support. Boy are the people of this forum open minded and intelligent. The Rangers are better than the Marines as far as land combat. But they fall short to Delta, SAS, and probably the SEALs. While the Rangers are one of the top units as far as the US military goes, when you look at only the Special Operation units, the Rangers are nothing special. The Rangers and Marines are more numerous then the other Special Ops Units, a consequence of this is that they have less training, and less skill. While the are still Elite soldiers, they cannot stand up to the top tiers of Special Operation Units.

One Riot, One Ranger cool

Autokrat
Its entirely possible that not everyone has payed CoD.

I myself have played neither games.

Ms.Marvel
i was by no means dissing the man hes clearly a cerebral tyrannosaurus

Autokrat
i was by no means dissing the man hes clearly a cerebral tyrannosaurus

Oh he's clearly not smart, but expecting anyone to get a CoD reference is simply a generalization.

Ms.Marvel
well my point was more that you should in general avoid taking the condescending mightier than thou route because you never know when the context might be going right over your head... in this instance if hed said that rangers werent the best and explained why and left it at that i would have just explained that it was a joke and all would be good but to insult my intelligence when he failed to interpret the intention of my post in the first place... just makes it seem a little excessive

Anonymous000
A Call of Duty reference which has been used since World War II? Wow, I didn't know they made Call of Duty way back then. Also, if you intended it as a video game reference, then you could have put (Call Of Duty) in Parentheses, as by just posting what you posted, your post should be interpreted merely as the Ranger Motto, thus showing that you believe the Rangers are the best of the best. Also, why post a video game reference in this thread? It is completely irrelevant.

But really, how is that a video game reference? That has been the Ranger Motto since WWII.

Also, 'Cerebral Tyrannosaurus' good one, I've never heard that one. However, I think my Masters Degree would disagree with that a bit. Although, I will admit, plenty of idiots get college degrees, though most not in any science.

"One Riot, One Ranger" That refers to the Texas Rangers, does it not? This I may be wrong on, but if I remember correctly this motto pertains to the Texas Rangers, not the Army Rangers.

Ms.Marvel
wow... you totally didnt get any of what i said... no expression

did you even click the call of duty link i put in my post? ...its underlined no expression

like that would seriously answer all of your questions no expression and also make you look silly.

as for "cerebral tyrannosaurus..." i shouldnt have to explain why that would be a compliment.

Robtard

20 minute wiki-degree FTW, yet again. This is why KMC is awesome.

Edit: wait, you're just a sock.

Anonymous000
Oh I never said that 'Rangers Lead The Way' wasn't in a game. Just that it shouldn't be used as a video game reference, unless stated when it is first used.

Nope, doesn't answer my questions.

Oh really? For some reason when I read the original post, I read it as sarcastic, and demeaning. If it wasn't meant in that way, then I merely read it in the wrong light, and for that I apologize. Though, I do believe it was intended as sarcastic.

Oh how I wish I got my degree in 20 minutes. Then I wouldn't be so damn mad that its currently worth about as much as the paper its printed on.

Ms.Marvel
you got me.

you get thorns
well my point was more that you should in general avoid taking the condescending mightier than thou route because you never know when the context might be going right over your head... in this instance if hed said that rangers werent the best and explained why and left it at that i would have just explained that it was a joke and all would be good but to insult my intelligence when he failed to interpret the intention of my post in the first place... just makes it seem a little excessive

Dear Lady, I know no more about you than the content of this post yet I want to spend the rest of my life with you or someone just like you.

You are truly a rarity in forumland.

Ms.Marvel
itll break your heart to know that im a secretly a guy then wink

dont tell anyone though! =O

you get thorns
thumb up

Ms.Marvel
seriously though thanks! big grin i dont get compliments like that very often stick out tongue

sxcommunity
SEAL... i respect them... they are smart...

§P0oONY
I'm going to have to go with the Super Army Soldiers.. (3:50 in the video)

nTSO3BG7fcA

BulletFoss
No SAS soldiers have been KIA since WW2

You are very wrong my friend. Lots of SAS soldiers have been killed since WW2.

Some were killed in Borneo, at least 2 were killed in Oman and if you've ever read the book Bravo 2 Zero by Andy McNabb you'll know that 3 were KIA during the Gulf War.

The SAS are the most versatile soldiers in the World and are trained to fight with minimal equipment, heavily outnumbered and with no operational support.

They do this very well and do not depend on modern technology to complete their objectives.

They DO NOT guard the UK Prime Minister or Royalty as previous people claim, these guards are either MOD Police or one of the elite Armed Police units such as SO19.

They DO, however, take the role of "SWAT" in extreme Counter-Terrorist situations only. This has only ever happened twice, to my knowledge. See The Iranian Embassy siege for information.

In the extremely rare event that they are deployed domestically for this reason, they operate on a "take no prisoners" policy, they are not Police and they will only make arrests if a camera is watching.

After the Iranian embassy siege, there was a hearing, as people were killed on British soil. The court asked one of the SAS soldiers, "Can you tell me why this suspect was found to have 25 shots to his chest during autopsy?", to which the SAS soldier replied "Yeah, I ran out of ammo"

The SBS are very similar to the SAS and undergo the same selection and training, however they continue to undergo amphibious training and are used in Mountain and Amphibious operations. Only soldiers from the Royal Marines can join the SBS, but any serviceman can join the SAS. (I say join loosely, you must be "recommended"wink

During training, the SAS/SBS go through the toughest physical and mental training in the World. They are tortured as much as the Human Rights Act will bend to during their training.

SFOD Delta are trained well, but they are trained to work with all operational support and technical equipment. They undergo some "spartan" training, but the focus is more so on working with lots of kit. The SAS are trained to operate with the bare minimum, this is what gives them the edge.

Not only that, but about 85% of SAS soldiers are the toughest SOB's from the Parachute Regiment and Royal Marines. The kind of guys that would pummel about 10 people during a pub brawl and still come out laughing despite being bottled, chaired and probably getting a broken nose.

Hope this helps!

Wild Shadow
hmm.. i would pick the SAS over Delta Force i never put much stock in american combat training no matter how elite it claims to be especially when u see these turds running around they just disappoint you.

anyways SAS combat training is actual combat training not some sissy americanized let me pamper ur @$$ and you think ur being rigorously trained b/c the worse you got as a kid was a stern lecture and a time out..

BulletFoss
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
anyways SAS combat training is actual combat training

Agreed.... in the sense that most SAS candidates, prior to joining the SAS, have been on the front line and are combat experienced.

You must serve a minimum of 2 years before you are eligible for SAS selection.

*I was in the British Army for 5 years and worked with many SF units (SAS, SBS & SRR)

Mindset
hmm.. i would pick the SAS over Delta Force i never put much stock in american combat training no matter how elite it claims to be especially when u see these turds running around they just disappoint you.

anyways SAS combat training is actual combat training not some sissy americanized let me pamper ur @$$ and you think ur being rigorously trained b/c the worse you got as a kid was a stern lecture and a time out.. Have you seen Navy Seal training? confused

BulletFoss
Originally posted by Mindset
Have you seen Navy Seal training? confused

I have, it's tough....very tough - but also very specific. They are the best in their field and would not perform too well in conventional environments (as good as the parent unit they came from).

Seal Team 6 (or DEVGRU) are comparable to the British SBS, although the SBS are also able to take on the role of an SAS unit as they both go through the same selection and training. (SBS then go on to become amphibious and mountain warfare experts)

However, Seals are not able to take on the role of Delta Force units and are therefore not as versatile.

Still, the Seals are pretty tough mo-fo's - IMHO there is too much "shouting therapy" going on for a Special Forces training wing.

In Britain, the special forces candidates do not need any further discipline and "bullsh*t" training, this you would only find in basic training.

Robtard

anyways SAS combat training is actual combat training not some sissy americanized let me pamper ur @$$ and you think ur being rigorously trained b/c the worse you got as a kid was a stern lecture and a time out..

Two words, Ram Bo.

Mindset
Originally posted by BulletFoss
I have, it's tough....very tough - but also very specific. They are the best in their field and would not perform too well in conventional environments (as good as the parent unit they came from).

Seal Team 6 (or DEVGRU) are comparable to the British SBS, although the SBS are also able to take on the role of an SAS unit as they both go through the same selection and training. (SBS then go on to become amphibious and mountain warfare experts)

However, Seals are not able to take on the role of Delta Force units and are therefore not as versatile.

Still, the Seals are pretty tough mo-fo's - IMHO there is too much "shouting therapy" going on for a Special Forces training wing.

In Britain, the special forces candidates do not need any further discipline and "bullsh*t" training, this you would only find in basic training. What do you mean conventional environments?

DEVGRU is just a smaller organization within the Seals.

Edit: Actually, I need to make a correction, they are a Naval Special forces group, but I think they are a separate entity from the Seals. In any case Navy Seals != DEVGRU

BulletFoss
What do you mean conventional environments?

DEVGRU is just a smaller organization within the Seals.

Edit: Actually, I need to make a correction, they are a Naval Special forces group, but I think they are a separate entity from the Seals. In any case Navy Seals != DEVGRU

Conventional really describes "standard" combat, but in an SF sense this would include being outnumbered or deep behind enemy lines.

DEVGRU/Seal Team 6 are an elite division of the Seals. In the same way the SBS are an elite unit within the Royal Marines Commandos.

US Marines are like the British Parachute Regiment (what makes the grass grow, blood blood blood!!)

US Rangers are comparable to the British Royal Green Jackets

Ironically, British Marines are a similar class of soldier to the US Airborne infantry, although the roles are totally different, they somewhat share a more intellectual property which other units seems to lack (in exchange for a psychopath like mentality).

Actually the Royal Marines share the same role as the Navy Seals.

Tomaytoes - Tomartoes

Mindset
Originally posted by BulletFoss
Conventional really describes "standard" combat, but in an SF sense this would include being outnumbered or deep behind enemy lines.

DEVGRU/Seal Team 6 are an elite division of the Seals. In the same way the SBS are an elite unit within the Royal Marines Commandos.

US Marines are like the British Parachute Regiment (what makes the grass grow, blood blood blood!!)

US Rangers are comparable to the British Royal Green Jackets

Ironically, British Marines are a similar class of soldier to the US Airborne infantry, although the roles are totally different, they somewhat share a more intellectual property which other units seems to lack (in exchange for a psychopath like mentality).

Actually the Royal Marines share the same role as the Navy Seals.

Tomaytoes - Tomartoes That's exactly what Navy Seals do.

http://navyseals.com/?q=specialties-0&page=0%2C0

Seals are a special forces unit just like Delta Force, except they are from the Naval branch, they are the US equivalent to the SBS.

DEVGRU is not really an elite unit of Navy Seals, they are one of the Seal teams, or they used to be, they just perform a specific task.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_seals

MSOR is probably equivalent to the Royal Marines.

Jester504
Sorry to say, but you guys are missing the best of the best here.

The SAS, Delta, ST6, etc. all are elite groups, but they still are not the best... Not even Delta, who's probably the best out of those three.

CIA has their own paramilitary Special Operations Group, or SOG. They have gone in before other soldiers in every war the U.S. has been involved in since Vietnam (it might be since WWII, but I can't remember).

They are easily superior to Delta or SAS. In fact, CIA SOG recruits from Delta. So to get into SOG, you might have to get into the Army Green Berets, then get asked to join Delta, make Delta, then get asked to join CIA SOG, and then actually make CIA SOG. You'd have to be beyond bad*ss at that point.

From the book "Special OPS: America's elite forces in 21st century combat":

"Highly classified, the SAD is regarded as the preeminent special operations unit in the world. Members are the elite of the elite; "the best period." This results from the sources from which the organization recruits its members: Special missions units (SMUs); such as Delta Force and NSWDG (United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group)..."

RE: Blaxican
I bet Luke could kill like twenty of them.

Robtard
LoL, you recently watched Deadliest Warrior.

majid86
I've heard that the Australian SAS are some of the best trained special forces in the world

Jester504
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I bet Luke could kill like twenty of them.

The Old Spice guy wouldn't even have to kill them. He will TURN THEM INTO DIAMONDS.

Mindset
Originally posted by Jester504
Sorry to say, but you guys are missing the best of the best here.

The SAS, Delta, ST6, etc. all are elite groups, but they still are not the best... Not even Delta, who's probably the best out of those three.

CIA has their own paramilitary Special Operations Group, or SOG. They have gone in before other soldiers in every war the U.S. has been involved in since Vietnam (it might be since WWII, but I can't remember).

They are easily superior to Delta or SAS. In fact, CIA SOG recruits from Delta. So to get into SOG, you might have to get into the Army Green Berets, then get asked to join Delta, make Delta, then get asked to join CIA SOG, and then actually make CIA SOG. You'd have to be beyond bad*ss at that point.

From the book "Special OPS: America's elite forces in 21st century combat":

"Highly classified, the SAD is regarded as the preeminent special operations unit in the world. Members are the elite of the elite; "the best period." This results from the sources from which the organization recruits its members: Special missions units (SMUs); such as Delta Force and NSWDG (United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group)..." Cool.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jaden101

delta does the exact same thing.

BarnacleWilhelm
From what I've heard, Delta and SAS training is similar, and they cross-train together. SAS seems to have a higher dropout rate, but it might be because the recruits aren't as well trained. Delta recruits people from the Green Berets and Rangers. I think they have to have a few years of experience and must stand out as an excellent operator. Even among that group though, many don't pass the Delta training.

DEVGRU, I believe, is the same thing but they recruit their members from the SEALS.

bassnva123
Delta and SAS are trained together . Deltas training is varied in length because of different MOS's that each operator carries. There are multiple detachments and units of Delta. With that being said the Israelli
Shayetet 13 is the closest to Delta in training Delta is hard to rank as we are not allowed information on their training, not even their PT time requirements. It is very hard training and lasts for about 6 months after all other trining and then you train daily and jump very often !!! just remember Delta rules !!!!!!!!!!!

joeraman
Its informative one provides a lots of information related to topic also give some more information related to topic.

mjb0015
To be honest, the Delta and Seals are brilliant soliders, but the SAS are another level yet, as they train and fight alongside the Gurkhas, an elite ground fighting force that have an amazing skills in ghosting (Camouflage). Just my thoughts.

mjb

Mindset
Nah.

Darth Truculent
Rangers = toughest infantry school in the world and that's according to the National Geographic and Military Channels. 60 days of pure hell. In Vietnam, Rangers had bounties on their heads. I have a friend in the Rangers and he said that SoF (Special Operation Forces) don't go anywhere without backup and who do they ask? Rangers. I'm not saying that the Rangers are the best, but when their is a target that is 'impossible' to take - Rangers lead the way. After all, they took the Tora Bora in Afghanistan anyway nearly killing bin Laden.

King Castle
hahahaha.. propaganda at work. Hoah!...
how many rangers have you met personally or worked alongside?

Robtard
Originally posted by King Castle
hahahaha.. propaganda at work. Hoah!...
how many rangers have you met personally or worked alongside?

All of them.

BTW, Aragorn is a ranger, should tell you something.

King Castle
yeh, he's a scout, tracker who fights dwarves and fairies not a true warrior capable of full on battle.

you want a killer, fighter, warrior there is only one branch who stares you in the eyes when he kills you and doesnt stab you in the back in order to kill a sissy incompetent moron using stealth or just taking recon pictures..

rkxvVug-iig

Robtard
Yeah, no. He's been in a "full on battle", a couple of them.

LoL, talk about propaganda and hype. Marines are little more than regular army personal, just a different branch. Common grunts.

King Castle
obviously you never compared physical training and qualifications that sets a marine apart from a soldier. the special ops training given to some ranger units is barely equal to what an average marine receive and is required for them to be considered marines..

if you dont believe me go join both branches and get back to me in 4 to 6 years if you take the half time contract whatever it is calledroll eyes (sarcastic)

JwGzbkgrZsQ&feature=related

Robtard
Propaganda and hype, sir. Granted, it draws in the fools to enlist with visions of glory and whatnot.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, no. He's been in a "full on battle", a couple of them.

LoL, talk about propaganda and hype. Marines are little more than regular army personal, just a different branch. Common grunts.

They're a department of the Navy. The Army has many fields, but the Marine Corps is all about combat. They're probably the proudest of the five branches, but not without good reason. They're not "regular", that's for sure.

Robtard
Fully aware of the US military, I have friends that serve or did serve; I considered enlisting after HS in a branch too, so I researched.

I'm not buying the Marine bad-assery myth though.

King Castle
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
They're a department of the Navy. The Army has many fields, but the Marine Corps is all about combat. They're probably the proudest of the five branches, but not without good reason. They're not "regular", that's for sure. thank you for that.. you are truly wise. cry

have you seen some of the army quotes about what they think about the Marines?

http://oldcorps.org/USMC/quotes.html

usaflag

YOf0XgGaTrA&playnext=1&list=PL31608753F932B740

by the way rubtart you are right some of it is propaganda but not all of it and it came about and remained for a very good reason.

now i am more than willing to admit that there are nasty marines that shouldnt wear the uniform who dont represent the standards of the corps but it is less prevalent than the other branches.

AClpk0xM1A8&NR=1

RE: Blaxican
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvzFh2_KBk0

The few, the proud.

Robtard

The few, the proud.
Your tax dollars at work

Quiero Mota
I'm not buying the Marine bad-assery myth though.

It's not really a myth when you can look it up in any history book.

I don't think I need to list the various battles throughout history in which the USMC completely (to use modern Internet parlance) "pwned" the enemy.

Originally posted by King Castle
have you seen some of the army quotes about what they think about the Marines?

I used to be in the Army and so I know there's always been a rivalry. But some of the more fanatic ones get carried away.

The few, the proud.

I hope their C.O. doesn't see that. The only more concrete evidence of troops violating DATD would be a full-on gay sex tape.

Darth Truculent
I just wrote that it's according National Geographic and the Military Channel. So one piece of evidence comes from a source that is not 'propaganda' as some in here called it. When a candidate graduates from Ranger school, he is not told until that day. How does he find out? His name is called awarding him the title of Ranger and the coveted symbol (patch). The 75th Ranger Regiment is the best trained and disciplined unit in the world.

Not to insult, the invincible Marine Corp is a myth and fallacy. Sure they may be bad ass in Afghanistan, but the really really 'impossible' assignments go to the Rangers. Tora Bora was no walk in the park. Continious air strikes and fire fights between Rangers. The Taliban and al Qaeda fighters should have stopped NATO cold, but the Rangers kicked them. Over FOUR HUNDRED enemy killed what the official report was, but it is believed that the actual total was around 1,000.

Now tell me, how can facts be propaganda?

Happy St. Patricks Day!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDwlGbEcJ6Y

GaDaffy Duck
All gay, your average little bloke in a uniform regardless of platoon etc is a kid. Soldiers in the UK have to have a normal bmi. This means not many are built like muscular athletes either.

MichaelTeam2
I have been a SEAL on seal team 2 for only 3 years I am 20 years old. My team has been on several training missions with both the British and australian SAS. I have a lot of respect for all of the men in the SAS but I have to say the delta force has got the edge. I got two buddies over in delta one of them being my bestfriend from high school. Although I can't give away any information about delta I can say that from what I know delta is one of the most elite military forces on the planet. He will be going to green team with me in a week to try to make it to our dream team, SEAL team six a.k.a DEVGRU. This is off topic but SEAL team six vs Delta Force what do you think? Also whoever said the SAS has the hardest training on the planet you must be mistaking the SAS for the SEALs

Mindset
Originally posted by MichaelTeam2
I have been a SEAL on seal team 2 for only 3 years I am 20 years old. My team has been on several training missions with both the British and australian SAS. I have a lot of respect for all of the men in the SAS but I have to say the delta force has got the edge. I got two buddies over in delta one of them being my bestfriend from high school. Although I can't give away any information about delta I can say that from what I know delta is one of the most elite military forces on the planet. He will be going to green team with me in a week to try to make it to our dream team, SEAL team six a.k.a DEVGRU. This is off topic but SEAL team six vs Delta Force what do you think? Also whoever said the SAS has the hardest training on the planet you must be mistaking the SAS for the SEALs You went straight into the SEALS?

Do you train with MARSOC?

MichaelTeam2
After highschool I enlisted straight into BUD/s. I probably should have went to college and entered an officer but I couldn't wait. The first day was the worst because I thought I knew what was coming because I watched all the tv shows of navy SEAL training and I read just about every book but it was much different when I was there. After a while I got used to the training and the physical demands and I think thats exactly what those instructors wanted us to do. Before hell week we thought we would be able to make it through easy but during that first night of hell week 6 men dropped out.
Now about MARSOC I have only trained with them three times so far the first time was during a mission where we were taught basic surveillance skills and target identification. The second time they came to our base and used our target ranges with us and trained in our CQB compound. We taught them how to clear rooms and deal with hostage situations. And my third time was an optional course where a select group of SEALs were aloud to go through the selection process for the marine force recon. I don't have too much training experience with American special operations because SEAL team two specializes in arctic warfare I've trained with special operations around the world that fight in much colder climates. I have completed 23 missions so far which is much more than I expected and every single one of those missions I brought a pack of hand warmers with me.

Mindset
If you sign a SEAL contract and you don't make it through BUDs do you have to serve in the Navy?

Lord Lucien
I have been a SEAL on seal team 2 for only 3 years I am 20 years old. My team has been on several training missions with both the British and australian SAS. I have a lot of respect for all of the men in the SAS but I have to say the delta force has got the edge. I got two buddies over in delta one of them being my bestfriend from high school. Although I can't give away any information about delta I can say that from what I know delta is one of the most elite military forces on the planet. He will be going to green team with me in a week to try to make it to our dream team, SEAL team six a.k.a DEVGRU. This is off topic but SEAL team six vs Delta Force what do you think? Also whoever said the SAS has the hardest training on the planet you must be mistaking the SAS for the SEALs I was in the SAS for 10 years, and the SEALS for 6. The SAS is way totally harder.

Not as hard being a Yeoman though. That's some intense shit there, my nig.

Mindset
You're full of lies and my mayo.

MichaelTeam2
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I was in the SAS for 10 years, and the SEALS for 6. The SAS is way totally harder.

Not as hard being a Yeoman though. That's some intense shit there, my nig.

I think it's more of a personal opinion of which ones harder. I came straight out of high school and went to the seals but so it was harder for me than some of the guys that were in their twenties I was only seventeen. Navy SEALs are much tougher and that's a fact because to be in the SAS you don't have to be a jock or anything. And no offense but serious SAS for ten years and then SEALs for six I'm not sure if that's even possible sounds like some bs

Mindset
If you sign a SEAL contract and you don't make it through BUDs do you have to serve in the Navy? ?

Robtard
Yes, as you have already signed a contract with the Navy. Depending on how you signed up, dictates where you go after you failed BUD/S.

Lord Lucien
I think it's more of a personal opinion of which ones harder. I came straight out of high school and went to the seals but so it was harder for me than some of the guys that were in their twenties I was only seventeen. Navy SEALs are much tougher and that's a fact because to be in the SAS you don't have to be a jock or anything. And no offense but serious SAS for ten years and then SEALs for six I'm not sure if that's even possible sounds like some bs Bro, brah... broooo.

Totally not BS, broskie.

Mindset
Lord Lucien was a girl scout.

Lord Lucien
Girl scouts are pussies. Which is why I joined. A god amongst insects. They made me their queen, dahling.

MichaelTeam2

Tzeentch._
THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH

MichaelTeam2
Interesting time in Libya not as much action as I intended

Lord Lucien
Are you saying you planned the murder of Chris Stevens and that the riot was of your doing?

You bastard.

MichaelTeam2
Haha no I was deployed there and we were supposed to collect intel from a target building and capture two rebel leaders but it was called off

Robtard
That mission was only officially called off. The CIA went in instead; we did a complete "cleaning" of the building, zero US casulties, intel captured and 77 enemies killed and/or captured. Easily ranks in my top 10 fav missions.

Omega Vision
That mission was only officially called off. The CIA went in instead; we did a complete "cleaning" of the building, zero US casulties, intel captured and 77 enemies killed and/or captured. Easily ranks in my top 10 fav missions.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think that liars like Michaelteam2 try to take credit for the deeds of real heroes like you, Rob.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It makes me sick to my stomach to think that liars like Michaelteam2 try to take credit for the deeds of real heroes like you, Rob.

As a real American and a real hero, I thank you on the behalf of all Americans for thanking me. God Bless this great nation and may God strike down those who wish to harm her.

http://www.americo.net/vivaportugal/nj/org/epleo/images/american_flag.gif

Tzeentch._
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar73571_35.gif

Lord Lucien
That mission was only officially called off. The CIA went in instead; we did a complete "cleaning" of the building, zero US casulties, intel captured and 77 enemies killed and/or captured. Easily ranks in my top 10 fav missions. Sho dem towl heds wut 4 sir!

Robtard
http://imageshack.us/a/img811/5669/ygdr1.gif

Mindset
God bless you, Rob.

guG9cVs3ms4

MichaelTeam2
Sho dem towl heds wut 4 sir!
I have no problem with you but then to say you are in the CIA and had 77 confirmed kills and you're calling me a liar. Come on you gotta know what you're talking about there were only 13 heat signatures in the village jackass

MichaelTeam2
Sho dem towl heds wut 4 sir!
Agreed my brother

MichaelTeam2
Yes, as you have already signed a contract with the Navy. Depending on how you signed up, dictates where you go after you failed BUD/S.
Oh damn I screwed up I got my facts wrong and I quoted the wrong crap whatever

Mindset
Nah, he's legit.

I, myself, am a high ranking DOD official.

Robtard
I have no problem with you but then to say you are in the CIA and had 77 confirmed kills and you're calling me a liar. Come on you gotta know what you're talking about there were only 13 heat signatures in the village jackass

I am in the CIA. I didn't call you a liar, Omega Vision did.

The Corona satellite you used is outdated and subpar; it couldn't penetrate the (unknown to you) lower levels the hostiles had made and were mainly operating out of. Wasn't 77 kills. It was 77 kills/captures. If you must know and don't tell anyone as it's classified, it was 47 captured and 30 killed.

Mindset
I personally requested Robtard to head the operation.

Robtard
I personally requested Robtard to head the operation.

Because you wanted a 107% success rate.

Mindset
thumb up

MichaelTeam2
Wtf my quotes are all screwed up I quoted the wrong people for the wrong things

Robtard
Wtf my quotes are all screwed up I quoted the wrong people for the wrong things

That kind of lazy behavior may be accepted in the SEALs, but it won't cut it for the CIA, son.

MichaelTeam2
That kind of lazy behavior may be accepted in the SEALs, but it won't cut it for the CIA, son.
It isn't my job to sit here and post on forums infront of a whole bunch of guys who wish they had my job and instead sit infront of the computer the whole day. By the way I'm not talking about you.

Mindset
Who are you talking about?

MichaelTeam2
I am in the CIA. I didn't call you a liar, Omega Vision did.

The Corona satellite you used is outdated and subpar; it couldn't penetrate the (unknown to you) lower levels the hostiles had made and were mainly operating out of. Wasn't 77 kills. It was 77 kills/captures. If you must know and don't tell anyone as it's classified, it was 47 captured and 30 killed.
I meant to quote omega sorry about that. I mean that sounds like a pretty plausible reason for our technical era. What kind of gear did you use on the that mission? I've always been curious of the load outs you CIA boys use compared to our load out. What are you OGA, SAD something like that?

MichaelTeam2
I'm working on a radio transmitter right now with PBC, chicken wire, and a car battery it is time to see if it works I learned from my cousin in the marines he's an engineer so this better work or else he shouldn't have the job haha

Mindset
He's not allowed to say what equipment he uses.

Lord Lucien
It's super secret.

MichaelTeam2
I figured that. And usually to be a CIA operative you need former special ops experience were you a SEAL too or SFOD-D or 24th STS

Omega Vision
He was in the 501st.

Lord Lucien
Also known as Cheney's Fist.

Robtard
I figured that. And usually to be a CIA operative you need former special ops experience were you a SEAL too or SFOD-D or 24th STS

All of those twice plus the SAS, SBS and the RUF and Federales and the 501st.

MichaelTeam2
All of those twice plus the SAS, SBS and the RUF and Federales and the 501st.
Damn I gotta up my game haha

Omega Vision
I was in the COBHC for about two years.

MichaelTeam2
I'm going to sniper schoo soon because my green team instructor recommend it for any DEVGRU member which means I won't be talking as much on this forum as much anymore

Robtard
When the gov'ment sends in ST6, it always as a cover for our even more undercover CIA operations. That's right, we're the covers behind, behind the cover.

Good luck in your GPS Defense course, I passed it in a day with highest marks. Maybe one day you'll be eligible for the SOG, though I doubt it with your apparent laziness.

MichaelTeam2
I'm not lazy I graduated BUD/ s at the top of my class and I will give you my top scores for the pt. 50 push-ups in 39 seconds, 50 sit-ups in 47 seconds, they don't time us on the pull-ups but I completed them everyday with no breaks, 1.5 mile run 6:45, and 500 meter swim in 7 minutes flat. I still do those workouts everyday and I train everyday. The only breaks I get are during meals and sleep if I manage to get any of that. I'm not lazy I just don't focus on some grammar bs.

I also hold the highest score in the kill house in my team history. Maybe someday If I choose I will be an SOB SOG with you, you never knows

Robtard
Not with that lousy attitude, son.

Lord Lucien
Becoming an elite soldier doesn't just happen overnight. It takes one solid weekend before you get your license to murder.

MichaelTeam2
Not with that lousy attitude, son.
I hate to break it to you but if you we're a SEAL you must of been a lousy one. All SEALs are cocky and confident. We are even tought to be during training.

Mindset
That's not what you're taught, young man.

MichaelTeam2
Okay then you are not a true SEAL my friend if you even were a SEAL to begin with.

Robtard
I hate to break it to you but if you we're a SEAL you must of been a lousy one. All SEALs are cocky and confident. We are even tought to be during training.

I was and it was boring, why I moved on to the CIA, America's true heroes. I hate to break it to you, the showboating is a clandestine test and you apparently failed, why you'll never move ahead.

"A humble warrior is the deadliest kind of warrior." -Sun Tzu circa 504 BC.

Lord Lucien
I hate to break it to you but if you we're a SEAL you must of been a lousy one. All SEALs are cocky and confident. We are even tought to be during training. That's fake SEAL training. You were trained as a decoy SEAL that everybody thinks are the toughest guys. The REAL SEALS are trained in a secret location somewhere in Africa.

Robtard
Being a top CIA agent, I happen to know where that secret location is. I sometimes spend my 8.7hrs a year of allowed vacation/down time training with the real SEALS for shits and giggles.

Lord Lucien
I hope the President and Congress appreciates your dedication to preserving the peace and stability of the Empire. Lord knows, they won't volunteer to test the effectiveness of our AssassoBots.

MichaelTeam2
This sounds like some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. I showed my friends on the team some of the stuff you are guys are saying and I had them all cracking up. Come on you are sworn to secrecy and you have 8.7 hours of vacation time. If you had 8.7 seven hours of vacation time then I guess posting this bull on forums is part of your job. Can you please not break the law and impersonate government agents thank you.

Lord Lucien
This sounds like some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. I showed my friends on the team some of the stuff you are guys are saying and I had them all cracking up. Come on you are sworn to secrecy and you have 8.7 hours of vacation time. If you had 8.7 seven hours of vacation time then I guess posting this bull on forums is part of your job. Can you please not break the law and impersonate government agents thank you. Who's impersonating? Part of the CIA's job is monitoring internet forums. Rob's working every time he posts here, looking for people like you who slander government officials and sow seeds of doubt and malcontent online. You just watch yourself son, that little post there will have already been added to the terrorist database.

Mindset
They can yuk it up all they like.

Facts are facts.

MichaelTeam2
If you knew anything about the government that would not be considered an act of terrorism. If you worked for the government you would know my birth name and other info about me already which you clearly don't so you are lying

MichaelTeam2
There are different jobs in the CIA. There are the guys who monitor the computers, there's the operatives and security agents and even the custodians at the CIA compound. No one man does multiple jobs. If you are an operative that's what you do.

Tzeentch._
Mike's on to you guys.

Mr. Tibbs
I was and it was boring, why I moved on to the CIA, America's true heroes. I hate to break it to you, the showboating is a clandestine test and you apparently failed, why you'll never move ahead.

"A humble warrior is the deadliest kind of warrior." -Sun Tzu circa 504 BC. Cool, I'm in Delta Farce.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Mike's on to you guys. Clearly he's a foreign mole placed in the ranks of the American citizenry, collecting information for the impending invasion.

Robtard
This sounds like some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. I showed my friends on the team some of the stuff you are guys are saying and I had them all cracking up. Come on you are sworn to secrecy and you have 8.7 hours of vacation time. If you had 8.7 seven hours of vacation time then I guess posting this bull on forums is part of your job. Can you please not break the law and impersonate government agents thank you.

I've no doubt that a person of your low clearance and pay-grade would see what I said as being tomfoolery, but assure you it's 100% true.

Moderating all threats is part of my job, specifically posting here and the thousands of other websites and forums would be part of that job as well. I'll let you in on a little secret, 17 seconds before I typed the first letter to this reply I had killed seven hostiles, captured Class 11 intel, destroyed the prototype of what you'll likely hear about in the next 18 to 27 months as "Turbo Anthrax" and saved four innocents that had been marked as collateral damage. IMO, going above your mission is the only way to operate.

Lord Lucien
I've no doubt that a person of your low clearance and pay-grade would see what I said as being tomfoolery, but assure you it's 100% true.

Moderating all threats is part of my job, specifically posting here and the thousands of other websites and forums would be part of that job as well. I'll let you in on a little secret, 17 seconds before I typed the first letter to this reply I had killed seven hostiles, captured Class 11 intel, destroyed the prototype of what you'll likely hear about in the next 18 to 27 months as "Turbo Anthrax" and saved four innocents that had been marked as collateral damage. IMO, going above your mission is the only way to operate. You're a modern day Captain America, sir.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3oCItKoN4fc/Tb9Jif3krfI/AAAAAAAAHmU/HQyDAAA-wX8/s1600/CaptainAmerica****yeah_Engame_Rise_Against-s750x600-145723.jpg

Robtard
The CIA is currently working on a super-soldier program and is months away from human testing.Due to my flawless track record I'm currently at the top of the list, if I so choose. Though I can say this without pride or arrogance, I don't see how one can improve on perfection.

Mindset
The CIA is currently working on a super-soldier program and is months away from human testing.Due to my flawless track record I'm currently at the top of the list, if I so choose. Though I can say this without pride or arrogance, I don't see how one can improve on perfection. Yea, it would be kind of redundant. erm

I'll have to talk to the CIA about this...

Lord Lucien
The CIA is currently working on a super-soldier program and is months away from human testing.Due to my flawless track record I'm currently at the top of the list, if I so choose. Though I can say this without pride or arrogance, I don't see how one can improve on perfection. If you get an option for personal touches to your uniform, I suggest picking the Cap'n. The CIA can definitely shell out some of their precious nano-carbovibranium reserves for a shield. And possible cape.

Robtard
Yea, it would be kind of redundant. erm

I'll have to talk to the CIA about this...

Do me a favor and let them know that I'd like to donate 87.3% of my salary for the next 10 consecutive years to America's wounded troops and 12.6% to America's interracial orphans.

Not sure when I'll be stateside next and I'd hate to do something of this importance not in person or in person by proxy.

Robtard
If you get an option for personal touches to your uniform, I suggest picking the Cap'n. The CIA can definitely shell out some of their precious nano-carbovibranium reserves for a shield. And possible cape.

Excellent. I'll pass this up the chain.

FW: To the director of the CIA
CC: President Barack Obama
CC: The Joint Chiefs

MichaelTeam2
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Cool, I'm in Delta Farce.
Delta farce is a funny movie

MichaelTeam2
That was a test because I was trying to find out if you are lying. Although I highly doubt you are telling the truth about typing that reply 17 seconds after a mission and it is also highly unlikely that you counted 17 seconds. I think I trust you are In with the CIA. Congrats on your previous mission accomplishments sir. I just passed green team I'm still shooting to make it to such a prestigious position as you.

Lord Lucien
Did you know I once played baseball and the ball went right over my head?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>