The Rules Of Attraction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoRemorse
Watchign it right now, it seems pretty cool.
Really gross when soem chick was gettign puked on whilst doing it.

What do y'all think?
Yay or nay?

BackFire
Hated it, lousy, boring, pretentious without any redeaming values beyond the emo/goth chick killing herself. The only scene in the whole movie that was somewhat involving on any level for me.

dills
I always watch it whenever I flipping stations and it's on. Cool little movie.

dills
I always watch it whenever I'm flipping stations and it's on. Cool little movie.

-Tired Hiker-
It has one of the best split screen sequeces ever. When Dawson and that hot short hair'd chick meet, that was special.

dementedde
I can't remember it that well. I watched it when it first came out on DVD. But I do agree with BackFire. I thought it was boring. My impression of it first of all was gonna be another teen comedy like American Pie judging by the UK posters. Even though it was supposed to have dark humour I found I didn't laugh once through it.

As for the dramatic parts, yes, it does kinda show a bit of reality for teenagers in a unusual way but that sort of thing has now got a few films in the market that I could say is much better than this - Alfi (new version), Thirteen, Kids... Ones I can think of at the top of my head. Don't waste your money or time watching crappy Rules of Attraction

MildPossession
I really enjoyed that part too, I like the whol style of the film and the cinematography of nearly the whole film. The parts near the start where it runs backwards with Tomandandy playing over them are fantastic.

I like Rules of Attraction in that way mostly, so could watch it whenever.

Read the book too!

Didn't like the film when I first saw it, but it's growing on me for the style of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.