Darth Revan versus Asajj Ventress and Durge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Ready set go.

Occurs on board the Titanic.

I say Revan, I will offer an explanation when I DON'T have an exam the next day. Farewell KMC... for now.

Captain REX
Revan...

DE Luke
Originally posted by Captain REX
Revan... Proof?Sorry,REX.I haven't taken ANYONE'S word for it since the day I started debating at KMC. wink

kamikz
How can Revan kill Durge?

Null ARC Avis
by WTFpwning him with lightning.

Captain REX
Originally posted by DE Luke
Proof?Sorry,REX.I haven't taken ANYONE'S word for it since the day I started debating at KMC. wink

Go ask Kent. Apparently Revan can Mind Trick Hutts. no expression

Asajj is fodder for a Sith Lord, but Durge would be a much bigger problem.

Null ARC Avis
yea lightning is very fard to use these days no expression

DE Luke

Asajj is fodder for a Sith Lord, but Durge would be a much bigger problem. 1. laughing Did you ban that idiot yet?
2.Exactly.

Lightsnake
Durge can probably reach Revan by the time Asajj distracts him...if Revan can subdue him with lightning, then he could win...but Durge won't hesitate to use Asajj as his shield and she's a very good fighter, enough to stall Rev for a few moments at least...this could go either way, but Durge is a huge problem for most anyone

zephiel7
I say he storms them both off the titanic.

Null ARC Avis
or drains them...

Lightsnake
Which probably won't work on Durge

DE Luke
Originally posted by zephiel7
I say he storms them both off the titanic. Of course YOU would,considering your a fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Which probably won't work on Durge yea he is a droid isnt he...

Razielim
He'd fry them like he did the Rakata, I think. Asajj is bantha poo to a powerful Sith Lord and Durge gets punked by lightning.

Lightsnake
Ummm....that's ARMOR...Durge is an organic being

kamikz
Originally posted by Razielim
He'd fry them like he did the Rakata, I think. Asajj is bantha poo to a powerful Sith Lord and Durge gets punked by lightning.

Where is the proof that he is weak against lightning? Not doubting it, just asking...

Council#13
Hmmmm..... well..... isn't this difficult? no expression Asajj and Durge would make quite a formidable team, with Durge's regeneration thing and Asajj's great skills with the lightsaber. But Asajj was pretty much toyed with by Dooku, and Durge was killed by Anakin when he threw him into a star. Revan's lightsaber skills definately outmatch Asajj's, and I'm pretty sure his Force powers were more formidable than Anakin's at the time of the Battle of Boz Pity. Revan could probably Force crush, push, and lightning Durge to death after taking care of Asajj. Revan's biggest problem in this fight would be being outflanked by Durge and Asajj, both of whom are really fast.

kamikz
It wasn't exactly like Anakin could have killed Durge anyday. Durge pretty much toyed with him, until Anakin pushed back all of his grenades and mines that he had placed on the ship. Then his regenation overworked and he became weak, then Anakin forced him into an escape pod and shot him out. Revan isn't having an escape pod and is not on a space ship that is above a star, it's going to be more difficult than that.

Again, where is it said that Durge can be killed by lightning?

Council#13
1. It sure didnt look like he was toying with him. He said "You've got to be the fastest Jedi I've killed. And I've killed, a LOT of Jedi." Then tosses him around and stuff.

2. Well, obviously one hit of Sith lightning can't kill Durge if when Obi-Wan zapped him with those gigantic pipes didn't kill him. However, Revan could use the same tactics as Anakin: weaken Durge's regeneration thing until he can easily be killed and is too weak to defend himself.

Count Kent
Durge can't be physicall killed, so Revan would probably just force drain him or destroy his mind or something.

Hey Zeph, do the cambatants know their enemies well. If Revan knows everything about Durge and his species, he will know to pull off a force drain or destroy his mind and will win in about 3 seconds (Ventress is not an issue in this fight), otherwise would probably take time to figure out Durge's weaknesses. However he is incredibly smart and it wouldn't take him too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew of the Gen'Dai and was able to recognise Durge as being one (Revan was very knowledgeable).

Lightsnake
Draining likely wouldn't work as Durge is immune to most of the Force. And destroying his mind wouldn't work as he has no centralized brain

kamikz
Originally posted by Council#13
1. It sure didnt look like he was toying with him. He said "You've got to be the fastest Jedi I've killed. And I've killed, a LOT of Jedi." Then tosses him around and stuff.

2. Well, obviously one hit of Sith lightning can't kill Durge if when Obi-Wan zapped him with those gigantic pipes didn't kill him. However, Revan could use the same tactics as Anakin: weaken Durge's regeneration thing until he can easily be killed and is too weak to defend himself.

That means nothing. He was being honest with Anakin, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't toying. Later he said "hope I didn't break you, that comes later". We see Anakin flying through a wall by a punch from Durge, Anakin is wounded as hell, Durge is not even fautige. While Anakin is laying on the ground, Durge doesn't make a move and instead talks to him. Anakin only won because Durge had already placed some mines on the ship and that there was a pod there....

Durge can't be killed. Mabey Revan can weaken him (this would be if he has alot of explosives or something else thrown back at him) but that doesn't mean he can kill him. Anakin still had to send him into a sun....

Count Kent
He can't physically die however surely he can mentally die.

Lightsnake
Which'll be hard as Durge has no centralized brain or nervous system

zephiel7
Well technically lightning is 10 times hotter than the surface of the sun. If the Revster can keep it up then Durge is done for.

Darth Solus
Asajj Ventress will be killed easily by Revan, but Durge offers more of a problem. In the Clone Wars series he is stunned for a good 5 seconds my the clone commanders electric wire thing which most likely pales in comparison to the energy that will be induced from revans force lightning. i say revan wins, but not effortlessly.

kamikz
Originally posted by zephiel7
Well technically lightning is 10 times hotter than the surface of the sun. If the Revster can keep it up then Durge is done for.

I was pretty sure that it was 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun. But even though it is, how can people like Luke Skywalker survive minutes of torturing with it, they would not withstand a second on the surface on the sun.... It could depend on the surface. Lightning or a person must rather not be in contact with the ground to be effected to such a high degree, and the terrain speaks alot for what happens. A lightning bolt itself might be hotter than the surface of the sun, but it can easily be reduced to lesser effects. But I'm not sure....

Razielim
Well, I don't think the Emperor was trying his hardest. He wanted Luke to experience a long and painful death.

Either way, I don't think Sith lightning is as hot as normal lightning.

kamikz
He was trying in the end, look at his facial experssion, it shows that he was trying. Even though he might not try his fullest, how can he lessen the effect so much himself?

Agreed.

Escape81
Originally posted by kamikz
He was trying in the end, look at his facial experssion, it shows that he was trying. Even though he might not try his fullest, how can he lessen the effect so much himself?

Agreed.

That wasn't strain on Palpatine's face. That was hatred.

kamikz
Oh, yeah maybe it was. But it sure doesn't look that way. But I'm not gonna argue that for now....

And even though Palpatine may not have done his fullest he did it for a heck of a long time, if his sith lightning was that hot Luke would have died from the beginning....

Pyro Tyrannus

Asajj is fodder for a Sith Lord, but Durge would be a much bigger problem.

Sorry Rex you are my fav mod but Assaj is a Dark Jedi. . .

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Pyro Tyrannus
Sorry Rex you are my fav mod but Assaj is a Dark Jedi. . . He meant that Asajj would be fodder for a Sith Lord, not that she was one.

jollyjim311
Force lightning is much different than normal lightning. It's simply more... cinematic. It's also more versatile. It can be used to torture (as seen in ROTJ), or to cause severe damage and send you flying (as Yoda experiences first hand in ROTS).

Anywhom, if Durge went in first, then Asajj, then Asajj would enter lightsaber combat, and Durge would smash him into the floor.

*Achoo* thrashes Anakin when he isn't even trying: http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=5&f=30&name=Obsession_3_of_5
Is a super-melee fighter: http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=19&f=29&name=Obsession_2_of_5
Is fine against electricity and couldn't be killed by the Sith or Mandalorians: http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=22&f=29&name=Obsession_2_of_5
A Jedi gawks over his speed after he quickly takes out Obi and Ani: http://www.swcomics.com/republic_c.php?i=16&f=51&name=Clone_Wars_-_The_New_Face_Of_War_Part_1_of_2

achoo*

Razielim
The thing is, Asajj would get her ass kicked in moments.

zephiel7
Well its force "lightning," if so it can heat the air to temperatures around 10 times hotter than the surface of the sun. We never saw a Sith Lord unleash his wrath on Durge, but a blast of lightning would surely annihialate him. Revan was described as summoning storms of lightning from the sky, and the Rakatans were in awe of his power.

Assaj ventress cannot stand before a dark lord of the Sith. Whether it be Kun, Palpatine, Sadow, she is a non issue.

Razielim
Yeah, especially since Asajj got her ass kicked by AotC Anakin.

kamikz
Actually, that was Anakin shortly before knight hood...

Razielim
Eh? Wasn't it 4 months after AotC?

kamikz
Oh, maybe it was. But Anakin was promoted to a knight 2 episodes after that I belive...

jollyjim311
Hahaha, Asajj throwing that huge pillar and Anakin throwing it back easily with one hand, such total bullshit.

kamikz
Why? Just asking stick out tongue

Lord Saboteur
Oh, maybe it was. But Anakin was promoted to a knight 2 episodes after that I belive... IIRC, the novels and comics filled in the gap between those episodes.

kamikz
Gotcha

jollyjim311
Why? Just asking stick out tongue

...They... aren't... that... good...

I mean Episode 5 Yoda lifts an X-Wing into the air with a bit of a struggle, and a Padawan Anakin throws a giant pillar uphill with one hand casually? Not happening.

Count Kent
Yoda's raw power was much weaker by episode V.

Council#13
That means nothing. He was being honest with Anakin, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't toying. Later he said "hope I didn't break you, that comes later". We see Anakin flying through a wall by a punch from Durge, Anakin is wounded as hell, Durge is not even fautige. While Anakin is laying on the ground, Durge doesn't make a move and instead talks to him. Anakin only won because Durge had already placed some mines on the ship and that there was a pod there....

Durge can't be killed. Mabey Revan can weaken him (this would be if he has alot of explosives or something else thrown back at him) but that doesn't mean he can kill him. Anakin still had to send him into a sun....

Oh right, I forgot about that "Hope I didnt break you" part. Woops my bad. Revan can definately weaken him like hell; make him so weak that he can't help Asajj. When he finishes with Asajj, he can probably do something that'll destroy Durge.

darthsith19
Revan wins easily with his Force Storm (lightning).

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Count Kent
Yoda's raw power was much weaker by episode V.

If you say so, but still, in Episode two, we see Yoda having to concentrate to prevent a pillar, that is approxomitely the same size as we see in the Clone Wars, from dropping on Anakin and Obi Wan. Anakin can just one-handed pussy-wave the thing back at Asajj when it was flung at him from higher ground without breaking a single stride? No. The Clone Wars cartoons can't be taken that seriously. The events happened, just not in the way we saw them.

Oh yeah, and DarthSith, dontchoo dare call that a Force Storm. Sidious is the only one with that mastered. It's just lightning.

Razielim
The TotJ companion confirms that the Ancient Sith did have a version of force storm.

Lord Dragonfire
Sidious's force storm and a storm of lightning are two entirely different attacks.

zephiel7
Funny how the Rakatan's described Revan summoning lightning from the sky to slaughter them. It is not likely the one employed by DE Sidious, but nonetheless it resembles the lightning seen in a storm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.