What if Qui-Gon survived and trained Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Razielim
Personally, I think Anakin would have become less of a hothead. Obi-Wan, while a great mentor, was strict. And Anakin, being broken in the head, needed someone who understood him better. I think if Qui-Gon trained Anakin, he wouldn't have fallen to the dark side.

The problem is, Qui-Gon might have given Anakin too much freedom...

PVS
what if anakin and obiwan were actually gay lovers?

Council#13
laughing





But seriously. I agree with what Razielim is saying. However, at times Qui-Gon could also be strict with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan tried to mirror his training of Anakin after Qui-Gon's training of himself. Besides, Obi-Wan had just been made a knight the day before he started Anakin's training. Part of the tension between Anakin and Obi-Wan was because Obi-Wan didn't choose Anakin as his apprentice because he wanted him, but because Qui-Gon asked him to (source: logic and Clone Wars Volume 1: Defense of Kamino). Anyway, I don't think that Anakin would have fallen to the Dark Side if Qui-Gon was around; Palpatine probably would have found a way to work around Anakin's attachment to Qui-Gon and turn Anakin to the Dark Side

MC_GG
Originally posted by Council#13
laughing





But seriously. I agree with what Razielim is saying. However, at times Qui-Gon could also be strict with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan tried to mirror his training of Anakin after Qui-Gon's training of himself. Besides, Obi-Wan had just been made a knight the day before he started Anakin's training. Part of the tension between Anakin and Obi-Wan was because Obi-Wan didn't choose Anakin as his apprentice because he wanted him, but because Qui-Gon asked him to (source: logic and Clone Wars Volume 1: Defense of Kamino). Anyway, I don't think that Anakin would have fallen to the Dark Side if Qui-Gon was around; Palpatine probably would have found a way to work around Anakin's attachment to Qui-Gon and turn Anakin to the Dark Side
Palpatine may be that smart, but not smart enough if Qui-Gon was around. You see, if Qui-Gon trained Anakin, he might have not ended up marrying Padme in the first place. Plus what the hell would Palpatine make up to turn Anakin to the dark side. He wouldn't be able to say that Qui-Gon will die if he doesnt turn, thats stupid. Personally i think Anakin would've turned to the dark side, but not so soon. If he did, then he would've died. Because then he'd fight Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, which will result in Qui-Gon dying and Obi-Wan killing him. Therefore there wouldn't have been an Empire in the first place.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by PVS
what if anakin and obiwan were actually gay lovers?

laughing

overlord
Oh, that nasty Anakin would've still f*cked Padme alright but I don't see him stupid enough to turn against the jedi order with Qui Gon as master. Yes, he would probably not take the jedi order very serious but he wouldn't get all paranoid and insane with anger like he did under Obi Wan.
Who knows.. Maybe Qui-Gon would have joined the sith like his master and his new apprentice Anakin! Then we would see Darth Qui and Darth Binks dueling Obi Wan Kenobi and getting pwned.
Then it would be Obi Wan versus Anakin all over again with Anakin suddenly jumping in lava!

jollyjim311
Anakin would probably get jealous of Obi Wan or something, and Palpatine would lure him to the dark side.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Razielim
Personally, I think Anakin would have become less of a hothead. Obi-Wan, while a great mentor, was strict. And Anakin, being broken in the head, needed someone who understood him better. I think if Qui-Gon trained Anakin, he wouldn't have fallen to the dark side.

The problem is, Qui-Gon might have given Anakin too much freedom...

Qui-Gon was very stricted with Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon kept Obi-Wan in line just like Kenobi kept Anakin in line. Same outcome would have happened.

PVS
yes, but quigon also had a parental quality which, so we are led to think, enabled him to train what was basically a youngling. kenobi was not able to form such a bond, though he did with luke in a sense. with anakin he was more of an older sibling. they elude to this a couple of times.

in other words, kenobi was too young to take on that burden effectively.

Anakins' turn to the dark side is also part of his childhood, being bought up as a slave. Something that happened long before Qui-Gon came.

I think he still would have turned to the dark side...

Sin Harvest
And yet Anakin's fate would have been the same. All sons feel anger towards their fathers just as much as they feel anger for their older brother. The teen who yells because "daddy" won't let them go out with friends.

The point I am trying to make is that Anakin would have fallen whether Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had trained him.

chinabing
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
The point I am trying to make is that Anakin would have fallen whether Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had trained him.
Since Qui-Gon was so wise, wise enough to train Yoda and Obi-Wan on how to return from the netherworld of the force, my guess is he would have learned of the trap Palpatine was planning for Anakin. Qui-Gon was a greater teacher than Obi-Wan and would have reigned-in a head-strong apprentice such as Anakin . . . as he did with Obi-Wan.

overlord
That netherworld nonsense doesn't mean crap. Qui-Gon would've certainly sympathised more with Anakin and supported him in a lot of things. I can't picture Anakin rebelling against Qui-Gon as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.