Omega level characters in DC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
What characters in the DC universe could be classified on par with the Omega level mutants in Marvel?

Soleran
Superman

ScarletSpider
Pretty much any non-human character. DC seems to be either non-powered or over-powered.

Accel
Omega mutants are those with unlimited potential, so nay one in DC with seemingly unlimited potential should qualify, such as:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Flash
Green Lantern
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter
Blue Beetle

There are others, I'm sure, but these are the ones I could think of for now.

Validus
I don't know if Blue Beetle and Martian Manhunter would qualify as "unlimited potential".

HellMaster93
MM is ore powerful than Supes... he just has a LAME weakness...

Adam Warlock
The JLA

Validus
Originally posted by HellMaster93
MM is ore powerful than Supes... he just has a LAME weakness...
He's powerful of course but his potential is pretty much set. Superman will get more powerful as he grows older. Wonder Woman is a Goddess. Captain Marvel can eventually step up and take Shazam's spot. Flash has the Speed Force. Green Lantern's have a plot device power. Zatanna has already been stated to have unlimited potential. MM won't ever get more powerful than he already is.

ScarletSpider
We don't know much about the new Blue Beetle, but he looks to have great potential.

Private Pion
Originally posted by Validus
He's powerful of course but his potential is pretty much set. Superman will get more powerful as he grows older. Wonder Woman is a Goddess. Captain Marvel can eventually step up and take Shazam's spot. Flash has the Speed Force. Green Lantern's have a plot device power. Zatanna has already been stated to have unlimited potential. MM won't ever get more powerful than he already is.

I'm not so sure. I mean, he can learn new tricks. Everytime I read a story about MM, he's more powerful.

HellMaster93
IDK... I believe you, Val... big grin

Loot

HellMaster93
REALLY!? awesome...

Validus
Supposedly but a lot of writers tend to ignore it. We've seen MM hurt by fire after that story was published. He got owned by an OMAC with a flamethrower.

Private Pion
Because DC tend to forget they have a shared universe, like the whole thing with Cap's Wildstorm crossover and him appearing in Superman/Batman.

Loot
Originally posted by Private Pion
Because DC tend to forget they have a shared universe, like the whole thing with Cap's Wildstorm crossover and him appearing in Superman/Batman.

exactly

Loot

Validus
Wonder Woman embodies truth so she should still count. I still can't see MM being that level.

Loot
she should count because she embodies truth or because you want her to count?

the martians seem to have a great capacity to evolve in terms of body and mind, if he could reach a peak why not?

Validus
Originally posted by Loot
she should count because she embodies truth or because you want her to count?
The first one but thanks for the little fanboy nod.

Originally posted by Loot
the martians seem to have a great capacity to evolve in terms of body and mind, if he could reach a peak why not?
They already had a peak. They were called Burning Martians.

Loot

Validus
Let me clarify. I'm not saying she would be for sure, just that she has a greater potential than most would because of her origin and status.

With MM, the only thing he could do is get better in the use of his powers but anyone could do that.

NoFate007
I'd say:

Superman
Green Lantern
Flash
Zatanna
Mr. Mxyzptlk

Are definites

Possibilities:

Wonder Woman
Dr. Fate (I don't know too much about him, so he might not, but it seems kind of possible)
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday - I mean hell the guy does keep getting stronger no matter what lol

Draco69
Wonder Woman at her potential was the Goddess of Truth. With the lasso, she remade the universe in a blink of an eye to retcon Donna Troy's history.

Not one of her better decisions....

So yeah, WW as a goddess and imbued with the Godwave (which makes her stronger and stronger as time past; back then she was a mid-level Class 100) would be considered omega....

batdude123
Superman is an omega. He just absorbs more and more yellow sun radiation and will continue to get more powerful when he gets older.

batdude123
I think Captain Atom could potentially be an Omega-level character. erm Although, if he absorbs too much he time travels.

Sea King
would aquaman be considered omega level now??

its hard for me to say. his hand puts his other powers at their peek but he never realy got the hand its to top power level(although he did do a good job with it)

batdude123
Originally posted by Sea King
would aquaman be considered omega level now??

its hard for me to say. his hand puts his other powers at their peek but he never realy got the hand its to top power level(although he did do a good job with it)

Aquaman is not Omega level.

Sea King
Originally posted by batdude123
Aquaman is not Omega level.

well im just saying his powers are at peak and thats what omega level means his hand is the only thig he has not compleaty master'ed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.