something really disgusting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well for those of you who dont know, micheal bay is in the process of ruining one of the greatest horror movies of all time, he's remaking the texas chainsaw massacre, and i just went over to imdb.com and saw a very disgusting plot outline of the remake....here you go...

Plot Outline: Less gory and more thrilling remake of the 1974 shocker classic about young adults touring rural Texas and finding trouble in the form of a cannibalistic family.

also jessica beil is going to star in it
anyone who has seen this movie knows that to make this movie more thrilling is so impossible its laughable, but to say that in the plot outline is a total insult to the original which for its time, and still is the most thrilling and horrifying film every made. micheal bay should stick with his high budget no skill action movies he's always been attached to and stay away from genres that take actual talent to make.

chico23
Hey it could be worse just think if Joel Schumacher, the man who killed Batman (i.e. Batman and Robin '97), was doing the film. Also, I agree with everything you said about Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's just another attempt at ruining a classic for the sack of the almighty dollar. When will it end?

BackFire349
joel schumacher is a good director, have you seen tigerland?

LaurenE147
I thought George Clooney killed Batman

Bad Boy
Bay ain't directing, just producing. While being a Bay fan, I also can't see why he is even bothering to make this film, the original was long and boring in my opinion.

BTW, do you really wanna know something disgusting? Guess who's playing Leatherface? RYAN PHILLIPE!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!

Actually, now I can't wait for this film. It's gonna be hilarious!

Tex
Whoose directing?

I think it's a great idea!!!!!!!!!

He's going to **** up the movie soooo bad, the greatness of the original will be even more evident.
What a dork!
He should play leatherface, ugly prick! Wouldn't need any makeup! What a piece of shit!!!
They better not even film in Texas!!! What an insult!!!!!! mad

Thomas H
Bay should never have touched this crap, luckily he want be directing it!!! Ryan Phillipe in the lead!this movie is doomed to be a flop!! and it will be butched by the critics!!!

mah
ooookay, from now on the bay fan-clan should be marked 'insane' for ever.

Thomas H
I am insane! sick

Bad Boy
wots wrong with being insane???

blabdawab gobby bogroll. iwenttothetoiletandsawamicrophoneinthesea!!! maaahhhhwwwwwaaaahhhhwwwwaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!! urrrrrgggghhhhh.

doesanyoneherelikefish???

BackFire349
you gotta be kidding, phillipe is playing leatherface!??!?? thats horrible. he's just some skinny little dipcrap. leatherface is supposed to be a big intimidating guy, not a pretty boy... jesus christ. im speechless.

Bad Boy
Oh man! This is soooooo funny! I'm now an even bigger Bay fan than before!

Are you crying yet Mr Backfire?

BackFire349
nah, if anything it will just make me apreciate how great teh original is. i actually wanna see it now if you're serious about phillipe, that will be hilarious. although i dunno what micheal bay was thinking when he thought he had any kind of right to touch this masterpiece. leave it to bay to ruin teh greatest horror movie ever.

Bad Boy
Don't worry Bay ain't directing. But don't be too hard on Bay. He's only done 4 films and they are all of the same genre. In years to come he would have expanded. Who knows, if he were directing, it might be better than the original. I can't really see how it could get worse! smile

BTW, a first time feature film director is directing. He's a former music video director.

BackFire349
it could get much worse, especially if bay was directing. and it will get much worse with this remake because bay is trying to cash in on its name even if it means ruining the brilliance of the original movie.

BackFire349
for the first time ever, i agree with thomas h, bay never should have touched this.

Tex
Jessica Beil sucks too! roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
its going to be such an insult to teh original. did they learn nothing when they remade psycho a few years back. dont mess with perfection. mad

ToMacco
Yes, BackFire. That is rediculous and disgusting.

Producers will do anything to try to make a dollar.

I WILL NOT go see this movie. Just like I never paid any money to see the Psycho remake.

BackFire349
good, im glad to hear that im not the only one outraged by this autrocity. i think its sad and shamefull to the film industry

Bad Boy
You are taking this too seriously!

IT'S JUST GONNA BE ANOTHER SHITTY REMAKE THAT WILL BE FORGOTTEN ABOUT IN ONE WEEK!!!!!

Calm down!

Tex
Yup.

BackFire349
you're the one yelling you silly goose. you calm down.

chico23
I think it all goes back to the same things Tomacco and I and others have posted under topics relating to sequels. All Hollywood cares about is the money. If they think it will put butts in the seats they're going to make it, bottom line. They have no regard for the integrity of a film or the fans that love it. Its making me ill just thinking about it. mad

Bad Boy
True, but say that to the first time director who is gonna helm this film. He knows he has one shot at getting into film, and this is it. He's not gonna mess this up, he's gonna try and make it good.

And what a task he has got! Directing a film that has already got a bad reputation before even 1ft is filmed!

In my true honest opinion, I don't think this film will be very good because I simply didn't like the original. But there are a lot of people who are snobs. They judge names and reputation before releases and then miss out because they would have been too snobby to see it.

Besides, this guy has done music videos before so he has some experience. Remember, Bay is just acting as executive producer, it's all gonna go down to this new guy's ability. Give him a chance!

Tex
Most of the greatest directors of all time have gotten their start in Hollywood directing horror films.

Music directors on the otherhand usually **** up movies beyond belief. Instead of making a film, they make 2 hour music videos! roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
ala queen of the damned. which sucked balls

BackFire349
i just dont think they should remake the movie, i mean, even if you dont like it, thats just cuz its not your cup of tea, which is fine, but the fact of the matter is that it is a masterpiece that pretty much started the new age of horror films that are now classics (halloween, nightmare on elmstreet, friday the 13) all of which are not nearly as good as tcm. this is going to be just like the psycho remake, its impossible to improve on perfection, instead of remaking old classics and screwing them up and putting a stain on their name, why not do a new movie, or god forbid, use a new idea for a change roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zed
I dont think the first was that good, had a few good scenes, dont think it deserves a remake.

BackFire349
or heres an idea, how about instead of remaking it, they just re-release it in theaters so a whole new generation can experience what a true horror movie is.

Zed
I dont see a remake, being better than the original, unless if they change the story around,

the "Pshyco" remake was just a waste of time,

if this is to be better than the original, director will have to take it to another level.

BackFire349
its impossible to make it better, i garantee it wont be on the same caliber as teh original.

Thomas H
Hmmm, mah sais that I am insane, cant understand why..... mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................ Ihatefishmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooiamcracymoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooifo
rgaottotakemypillsmooooooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaa
naaammmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmi
iiiiiiiiimooooooooooooooooooo stick out tongue

Thomas H
I am a fraid that if this movie ****s up, (which it will, bay will get all the faults!!)

BackFire349
yep, he shouldnt have touched it. he deserves the faults for trying to mess with a classic. that fool.

Tex
They have a picture of the new leatherface in one of those movie magazines, I'll try to post it in a bit.

Tex
Cant find it, but it looked really toned down and the skin was just way tooo brown. Apparantely the new leatherface likes to tan.

Have you seen it backfire?

BackFire349
no i havent. and i dont really want to see that, he's the greatest horror villain of all time and i dont want to see what micheal bay and company have done to him.

Tex
He still looks kinda scarry, but not as scary as in your sig.

mah
btw, smashing new sig Tex

Tex
Thank you Mah!
And no, it's not the new leatherface! roll eyes (sarcastic)
laughing

BackFire349
lol, i wouldnt be surprised if it were.

Thomas H
classic? laughing laughing

Bad Boy
I'm afraid it is a classic.

But it's not good though!

Thomas H
who cares, the movie is ridicolous! evil face

Bad Boy
Yes it is! Cheezy acting, unmeaningful direction. Good story though!

Thomas H
its a shame that bey touches it, he to good for a movie starring ryan fillipe!!!!!! mad

Bad Boy
He ain't a bad actor, he just stars in bad films..... like this one!

Thomas H
he dont exactely ROCK! he should meybe get another agent?

Bad Boy
Yeh, maybe! Let's see how he makes this film first!

This is gonna be hilarious! I can't wait!

Thomas H
the total **** up of 2003!!do I smell some razzies here? laughing laughing laughing out loud

Bad Boy
Yeah probably! They should ban the Razzies though. Film makers train for years, and to tell them that they are crap at their job in front of the WHOLE WORLD, is cruel!

So what if they make a bad movie? That's their fault and they would learn from their mistakes. It's a disgrace when the people who don't even present the awards don't even know anything about film making anyway.

Past nominated directors- De Palma, Bay, Burton, Cameron. What a disgrace!

BackFire349
ignorance is bliss eh fellows?

Bad Boy
Can we close this thread now because it's a crap argument. At the end of the day we all agree that this film is going to be shite.

Thomas H
hehe, cameron got nominated for an razzie? what movie?

Bad Boy
Titanic.

mah
which was a good film

Thomas H
what was it noinated for? and titanic was not a great movie...the sinking scenes was exelent, but the rest was kinda boring! 3 out of 6

BackFire349
titanic personifies everything that is wrong with the film industry.

mah
how`?

Bad Boy
No........ the thing that is wrong with the film industry is snobs like you. It's a film made for one thing. ENTERTAINMENT!

Why can't you accept that to make a film of this scale requires a lot of skill, talent and dedication?

You criticised directors like James Cameron and Michael Bay but next time you do remember this.......... "they know a hell of a lot more about film making than you ever will!"

mah
and the difference beetween those two, is that cameron made a commercial film with mass-appeal that got good critics, whilst Bay mostly make high-grossing, but BAD films.

Bad Boy
Well thats your opinion. I personnally love his films.

The scripts may have been bad (especially Pearl Harbor) but he has a highly original visual style and wonderful creativity with his mise-en-scene.

BackFire349
it requires a lot of money. films that require lots of talent are films like american beauty, requiem for a dream, and movies that are made for the sole reason of making money *every micheal bay movie, titanic, etc* are whats wrong with the film industry.

BackFire349
and how can i be wrong with the film industry, im not in the industry. i just give my opinions. and they obviously hit you close to home since you get upset over them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
Nah! Crap response.

While the films you selected do have a lot of talent, at the end of the day, you are just being snobbish and narrow minded.

Are you telling me, that to recreate the sinking of the Titanic and the bombing of Pearl Harbor requires no talent?

BackFire349
well with a big enough budget, yes.

Bad Boy
No, the bigger budget just supports them. They still have to go out and do it!

BackFire349
like i said to thomas h, i like the some of the generic action movies. *gone in 60 seconds, the rock* but they are in no way quality films, they are just fun to watch sometimes. and when their are so many films coming out like that, thats whats wrong with the film industry.

BackFire349
not really, they just need some computer programmers, id like to see micheal bay make a movie like american beauty, or one flew over the cuckoos nest, he cant because he's not talented enough.

Bad Boy
Remember this. Directors still have to choose the angle, wot is happening in the frame, character position etc in CGI shots.

The Rock is one of the most exciting action films I have ever seen. To excite and entertain and audience requires talent.

Could Michael Bay direct a film and American Beauty and Cukoos Nest? Well I don't know, his four only films have belonged to the action genre.

Could Sam Mendes direct a highly exciting action film?

BackFire349
yes i think he could, his talent far exceeds bays, road to perdition has some action in it after all. so if he wanted to he could make a whole movie like that.

Bad Boy
But how do you know. Bay hasn't had the chance to be very versatile yet.

Give him a chance. Besides, he has won awards for music videos and commercials.

BackFire349
oh wow roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
dont be sarcastic. directing music videos and commercials is a field of work i want to break through in.

BackFire349
its not something to brag about as far as awards go though.

Tex
I cant believe you guys are arguing over Michael Bay!
He doesn't deserve it!

BackFire349
well the only other argument that is going on right now on these forums are about goldmember, and i havent seen that yet so im kinda stuck stick out tongue

Tex
Yeah well congratulations all the same.

This thread you started is up to 78, almost unheard of in the Movie Discussion Forum.

And all thanks to Michael Bay! stick out tongue

Thomas H
Letr me tell you one thing here Backfire 5198165169, when you got to work whit a budget one that scale, you have to have a calm mind, and be talented, so you dont use more money than the movie co can give, so the higher budget you got, the higher responsibility you have, and if you can work with high budgets, YOU ARE TALENTED!!!! so dont come and tell me Bay sukcs! and backfire, when Bad Boys 2 comes out, dont even bother to go, you know that you will hate it, so use your money one some candy or a coke maybe?

Bad Boy
Go Tom! Go Tom! Go Tom!

Zed
really all budget responsibilities lay with the producer of the film.

But one thing we should straiten out here, directors are only visual directors on how the film should be shot and displayed,

all story based movies are purely down to the screenwriters, alot of people assume that the director makes a movie.

What makes a movie is a good combination of crew.

Tex
A combination of which the director is of upmost importance.

BackFire349
some directors write and direct. those are the great ones.

Bad Boy
You can't say that ALL the budget is the responsibilty of the producer because it's the director that has to go and spend the money wisely.

Tex
Directors dont worry about money.
That's the producers job.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
Um...... yes they do!

If there are vital scenes for a film that need to look good when the money isn't there, then I think the director would worry!

Zed
In most high profile jobs, the director tends not to have that great responsibility concerning budgets.

Only top directors have that prerogative.

Tex
A good director makes best of what he has been given.
That's why that shitpot Bay needs a $200,000,000 budget to make his crap somewhat watchable.

While a director like Sam Mendes made a masterpiece like American Beauty on an impossibly small budget.

Bad Boy
Yes, but did American Beauty need a huge budget? No!

Are you telling me it's possible to recreate the Pearl Harbor attack with $5 million?

You are all saying he is a bad director, but have any of you actually explained why? No!

Instead you keep saying, 'Bay sucks!', 'Bay is a shitpot!', 'Bay is crap'. If Michael Bay is so crap, surely you could explain what is wrong with him instead of making immature, pointless and useless comments.

This debate is so crap because none of you are trying to contribute anything usefull. Do you actually know anything about film making? I bet you don't even know what mise-en-scene means!

BackFire349
he only makes one type of movie, he has no range or variety, he uses the same basic visuals constantly. he would never be able to make a movie without having a huge budget, no matter what type of movie. and he knows this, why do you think he's not directing the texas chainsaw massacre remake, because he knows it would show everyone once and for all that if he was to make a movie outside of his normal bounds (big explosions, lots of moola) it would be laughably bad.

Tex
Yup
You dont have to be an expert at film making to spot a bad director. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's horrible!
Just titties and explosions
BORING!!!!!!

What a looser!
I cant believe I'm even wasting my time talking about that hemorrhoid! sick

Thomas H
that means that jerry bruckheimer rocks to!!!whhhoooooo big grin

Ushgarak
Tex is right; you don;t have to know how to direct to spot bad direction.

And bear in mind that it is taken for granted that a director can perform may of the less glamorous aspects of his art. I don;t think there is any denying that Bay knows how to direct in general; if he ever took a 'director's exam' he would do great. Otherwise he wouldn;t be a director at all!

But Hollywood is a competitive business and merely being competent gets you nowhere and Michael Bay has never done a film in which it can be remarked that the direction really contributed to how good the film was. Which brings us back to the American Beauty example. That film woould have been nowhere without the great script, of course, but without Mendes' superlative direction it would merely have been a good rather than a classic film.

Bad Boy
He's not directing TCSM because he's too busy directing Bad Boys 2. His films do not have the same visual style. While they are similar in style each one has developed a new and innovative style.

For example, the hospital scenes in Pearl Harbor were very clever for creating panic and frustration.

Just by saying his films are full of explosions and special effects is a really weak effort to judge him as a bad director. Yeah, he hasn't directed a wide range of films but thats because he hasn't had the chance. Im not saying he is the greatest director to roam the planet because he simply isn't, but as an action director he is simply amazing and he dares to invent new styles of film making.

I believe that a lot of you are not yet ready for his style because I think it's too ahead of your time. He's an entertainer, and if he entertains me and millions of others, how can he bad at what he does?

BTW, Bad Boys was a low budget film and Tex, if he is such a loser while still being really successful in life, what are you?

Tex
Being a film student yourself BadBoy, I think it would be more beneficial for you to study the directing styles of a true genius; the likes of Polanski, Speilberg and Shymalan instead of Michael Bay.

Michael Bay is the personification of everything that is wrong with film today.

Ushgarak
How on Earth can you marry the statements that he simply entertains and that he is ahead of our time? A storyteller or director who can only entertain and nothing else is practicing the oldest and most basic form of the craft. Ahead of ANYTHING'S time it is not. Geez, people who direct the crappiest porn films entertain millions. I am not putting Bay in that category but just pointing out that that argument in isolation is rather impotent. And by saying that we are not ready for his style you are placing yourself very firmly in the snob camp that you were so ready to accuse others of being in.

I have never seen anything in his films that made me think that the direction contributed to how good it was- at least not in any "Blimey, he must be a great director to do this" sort of way.

BackFire349
you wanna see a director that was always a step ahead of his time, go see some stanley kubrick films.

Tex
Not enough explosions and breasts in Kubrick's films to warrant BadBoys interest

BackFire349
i know, but the simple fact of the matter is kubrick is everything bay will never be. good.

Ushgarak
Tex, what about Full Metal Jacket?

BackFire349
actually full metal jacket has the least amount of violence and fighting of all the war movies. its more about the de-humanization of man during war then anything.

Ushgarak
Yes indeed, and not much of it is set in a massive battle or anything, but it still has enough to interest action fans!

For the breasts, Eyes Wide Shut, of course.

BackFire349
or clockwork orange.

Tex
The first hour of Full Metal Jacket is absolutely spectacular. The second hour just goes to hell. It's as if Kubrick went on vacation and let someone else take over. confused

BackFire349
the first half is better, but the second half is still awesome and has some of the best sequences of all of the vietnam movies.

Thomas H
Full Metal Jacket is exelent! I love all the nasty talking...sucky sucky hehe! But over to Bay again, the coreographi in Pearl is absoulutely exelent!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.