Which actor would have made a better Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
I say Antonio Banderas.

En garde, slashes an X shaped wound on the next poster.

Rampant ox
Hahaha. Isnt Antonio a bit old to play Anakin though?

Count Kent
And a bit too spanish.

Razielim
Hayden was fine, but Lucas sucked ass at writing his lines.

Hayden acted incredibly in some other films.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by zephiel7
I say Antonio Banderas.

En garde, slashes an X shaped wound on the next poster. Hayden was just fine, maybe he didn't have good lines, but that's not his fault. And just to say itm if one of those big time, Hollywood idiots played as Anakin, I'm sure the movies would've sucked.

zephiel7
If what you mean is Tom Cruise for Anakin, then yah, I would be skeptical about the film's general success.

But no, instead of Hayden, pick Christian Bale. I mean I always imagined Anakin as relatively old for his age with a dark attitude. It seemed to be that Hayden was too tall/scrawny for the role of Anakin. Christian Bale is relatively buff compared.

zephiel7
If what you mean is Tom Cruise for Anakin, then yah, I would be skeptical about the film's general success.

But no, instead of Hayden, pick Christian Bale. I mean I always imagined Anakin as looking relatively old for his age and with a dark attitude. It seemed to be that Hayden was too tall/scrawny for the role of Anakin. Christian Bale is relatively buff compared.

EDIT: Argh, sorry for the double post.

Sin Harvest
Hayden was fine as Anakin. Lucas knew what he was doing.

Sith Master X
Hayden got the job done.

Captain REX
Hayden Christensen's twin.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
Hayden was fine as Anakin. Lucas knew what he was doing.

I agree.

Pyro Tyrannus
I feel Hayden did it perfectly. He embodied the sniveling b!tch-a$$ punk with the anger problem.

Anakin: Me angry! +4 to my strength!

Count Kent
I agree with Zeph, Bale would have made a great Anakin.

Cord Shimmerer
I thought Hayden was okay. He was the right age afterall, and I think that was the problem for picking the part of Anakin. I personally wish Ryan Phillipe could have played the part. But he may have not been young enough for the casting. But no matter what, Hayden put one helluva effort forth in the physical training the part demanded. The fencing scenes alone were just the best to date in my mind. Laterz.

Cord

zephiel7
One problem with Anakin in the movies is they made him a whiney b***h. Nobody likes a whiney b***h. Hayden doesn't really help the matter, his figure and build just doesn't seem Anakin. I mean looking at Darth Vader, you would have expected Anakin to be one tall broad shouldered beast. Instead we get some wimpy kid that is skinnier than Obi Wan. Bale seems to fit this a bit better.

Darth Kreiger
They made Vader seem pathetic, didn't live up to the OT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

rubinator
James Franco

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/8871/franco9pm.jpg
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8730/sm2168copy8go.jpg

The Overmaster
i was about to say that!

DiamondBullets
Ice Cube

BlaxicanTroller
laughing

SnakeEyes
I don't know what you guys are thinking when you say Bale... I like Christian Bale and I think he's a great actor, but he really, really doesn't suit the role of Anakin.

TheBalance
Originally posted by Razielim
Hayden was fine, but Lucas sucked ass at writing his lines.

Hayden acted incredibly in some other films.

he's ok
but what u meant was that Lucas didn't write the lines for hayden, he wrote them for anakin skywalker and Hayden isn't Anakin Material.
it'll sound cocky coming from me but i've been told by others that i would be a good anakin, i'm built but not that much and i'm extremely agile and i'm already a sword masterer so thats simple but unfortunately i was a bit to young looking for EPS:II AotC so i wouldn't of cut it then, but now i could of really made a difference (my opinion). but hayden pulled it off better than some others couldn't he was just not that believable when he was angry or menacing at some points that worked because he was meant to seem whimpy or pussy whipped but like on mustafar where he says
"You underestimate my power..." he's meant to sound desperate and bent on proving his worth but hayden nearly makes it then basically in the end sounds like a little grade school boy yelling to his teacher and it loses its momentum of seriousness luckily ewan's bring its intensity back with his next line to lead up to the leg chopin part

Legion_of_Maul
frodo, cause his mordor scene looked exactly like anakins self inflamation scene, no joke you could post identical pics and not tell the difference

TheBalance
Christian Bale, yes
James Franco, 90%
Ryan Phillpe, 50%
he looks as pussy as Hayden

TheBalance
laughing

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by TheBalance
Christian Bale, yes
James Franco, 90%
Ryan Phillpe, 50%
he looks as pussy as Hayden

How about Ice Cube?

BlaxicanTroller
Ice Cube would own.

JaehSkywalker
hahaha

tho, i like hayden for the part, i think James blanco could be good.. I think...

redcaped
It is not your Star Wars...enjoy the toys.

felix111
i think steven hawkins would make a brilliant Anakin lol lol

Tangible God
The guy who played Al Bundy would be great as Obi-Wan as long as you make a young Kelsey Grammer Anakin.

Blaxican Hydra
Tom Cruise should have been Anakin no expression

TheBalance
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Tom Cruise should have been Anakin no expression

laughing
no one would of taken it seriously everytime any human appeared on screen you would expect for them to rip off a mask and be tom cruise
laughing

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by TheBalance
laughing
no one would of taken it seriously everytime any human appeared on screen you would expect for them to rip off a mask and be tom cruise
laughing

eek! laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance

Tangible God
Tom Cruise as Anakin... hmm....

Obi-Wan slices off Anakin's limbs on Mustafar:

Anakin: "The Hell man? Why did you do that?"

Obi-Wan: "You were the Chosen One, it was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them."

Anakin: "Why did you have slice me up like that? You knew I would fall and roll down the hill, what did you expect to happen?"

Obi-Wan: "Bring balance to the Force! Not leave it in darkness."

Anakin: "Don't blame me for that. Here I was giving you a duel, and you turn around and dismember me. You're a jerk."

Obi-Wan: *sighs* "You were my brother Anakin. I loved you." *turns and leaves*

Anakin: "Hey, wait a minute, don't walk out on me, I'm talking to you!"

JaehSkywalker
Rofl... :laughs: laughing out loud

Blaxican Hydra
lol.

FistOfThe North
Either Leonardo DiCaprio or David Spade.

Blaxican Hydra
David Spade? lmao.

FistOfThe North
lol i was joking..

But Leo would fit perfectly.

zephiel7
People I ask you this:

Why make Anakin skywalker into a preppy pretty boy.

Make him big and buff.

Christian Bale, if you watched Batman Begins could fit the 'dark and moody' role qutie well. He can also act rather menacing when he wants to.

Darth Sexy
Jim Carry, Woody Allen, Vince Vaughn, Val Kilmer, anybody funny.

aids_lol
ARNOLD SWITCHNIGGER WOULD HAVE PLAYED ANIKEN VERY WELL

overlord
*Dum dum dumb..* Erm.. NO

darth_dracus
i think the anakin was played by good actor i dont really think there was any1 better just my opinion.

claire barbossa
Originally posted by zephiel7
I say Antonio Banderas.

En garde, slashes an X shaped wound on the next poster. what about Jason Statham?

Lord Lucien
A blast from the past.

No, that wasn't my endorsement of Brendan Frasier.

Stealth Moose
Wow, a thread with overlord in it. That really is a reminder of the blissfully ignorant days of the past.

NTJack0
Morgan Freeman.

strifed169
Christopher Walken?

Slash_KMC
Leonard Nemoy.

Lord Lucien
How dare you spell the great Spock's name wrong.

Slash_KMC
Who says I meant "Leonard Nimoy"? I meant Leonard Nemoy, this guy at my school who acts better than Hayden. Yeah, that's who I meant. I guess, yeah, I did. I guess.

iknowbetter
BRIAN THOMPSON. Yes Brian Thompson would have been absolutely perfect to play Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith. Just watch a video called Brian Thompson and the golden mullet. His face has a slight Mark Hamill look to it. He's 6'3". He has an awesome build. His voice and cadence is so Vader like the transition would have been so much more believable. Hayden was good in Clones, but like he stepped in for who ever that kid was in Menace, Brian Thompson should have stepped in for Christensen.

Lord Lucien
Brian Thompson was 40 years old when TPM came out. I think you're missing the point of a "younger" Anakin:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_614/1309242135Wzf6JL.jpg

iknowbetter
Age of an actor shouldn't be a factor. Younger Anakin shouldn't have to mean wimpy whiney poopy pants Anakin. Al Lewis was a year younger than Yvonne DeCarlo and he played her 400 year old father. Don't forget the magic of Hollywood makeup. They could have made Brian look younger.

Lord Lucien
The physical similarities between two actors shouldn't be a factor either. Mark Hamill and Carie Fisher don't look alike but I have no problem suspending disbelief for them to be twins.

The dreadfulness of the prequels aside, I don't want to be watching a movie that's supposed to have a young man as the lead character, and be constantly aware that I'm watching a middle-aged man that's been made-up or CGI'd to look like a younger version of himself--cast only because he bears a similarity to Mark Hamill in the 80s, or because he sounds like a black man in a recording booth (seriously, Vader sounded weak and pathetic without the voice-box in his helmet). You wanna re-write the prequels to make Anakin an older, 40-something character (making Darth Vader a senior citizen in the OT), then go ahead. But you wanna keep him a 19-22 year old, don't have him played by a 40-year old. It's a jarring effect and is unwelcome and unnecessary.

iknowbetter
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The physical similarities between two actors shouldn't be a factor either. Mark Hamill and Carie Fisher don't look alike but I have no problem suspending disbelief for them to be twins.

The dreadfulness of the prequels aside, I don't want to be watching a movie that's supposed to have a young man as the lead character, and be constantly aware that I'm watching a middle-aged man that's been made-up or CGI'd to look like a younger version of himself--cast only because he bears a similarity to Mark Hamill in the 80s, or because he sounds like a black man in a recording booth (seriously, Vader sounded weak and pathetic without the voice-box in his helmet). You wanna re-write the prequels to make Anakin an older, 40-something character (making Darth Vader a senior citizen in the OT), then go ahead. But you wanna keep him a 19-22 year old, don't have him played by a 40-year old. It's a jarring effect and is unwelcome and unnecessary. Darth Vader seemed more like he was close to 60 when he died, so an Anakin around 30 that becomes Darth Vader is perfectly plausible. I know you intentionally posted an unflattering picture of Brian Thompson. If you were so confident in your position why don't you post his Nicholas Remy character. Or even his X-Files bounty hunter. The thread is better actor for Anakin and I gave the best actor. I will never accept whiney baby pants becomes the intimidating powerful Darth Vader.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by iknowbetter
Darth Vader seemed more like he was close to 60 when he died, so an Anakin around 30 that becomes Darth Vader is perfectly plausible. I know you intentionally posted an unflattering picture of Brian Thompson. If you were so confident in your position why don't you post his Nicholas Remy character. Or even his X-Files bounty hunter. The thread is better actor for Anakin and I gave the best actor***. I will never accept whiney baby pants becomes the intimidating powerful Darth Vader. ***No you didn't, you posted your favorite actor.

And it's not around 30, it's around 40. Circa AotC, specifically it's 43. Again, that's fine. Just do your own rewrite of the prequels. God knows they need it. And here's his X-files character--an alien bounty hunter, apparently:

http://mimg.ugo.com/201103/6/4/5/177546/x-files-alien.jpg

He has Schwarzenegger's mouth and chin. He's also rather unattractive and brutish looking (and that was in '94. You'd have to age him another 8 years to fit with AotC's filming). For the sake of continuity and feasibility, I will never accept that such an ugly giant seduced Natalie Portman and spawned two comparative midgets like Luke and Leia.

Pwned
THREAD NECROMANCY! THE BLACK ART HATH RETURNED! TO ARMS, MY FELLOW VILLAGERS! TO ARMS!

Really though, this thing was dead.

Lord Lucien
Mannimarco, biches.

Vensai
Sam Witwer laughing out loud

iknowbetter
I would like to make it clear I do not have a favorite actor. I must admit my selection of Brian Thompson was based on his performance of a character named Nicholas Remy in the Werewolf TV series. If you would just go to you tube and type "Brian Thompson and the golden mullet" you will at least see and possibly understand my choice. Maybe I was wrong because of his age, but not his lack of ability. Perhaps a young actor with very similar characteristics may have been a better choice, Please watch the vid and give me a fair and honest opinion.

Lord Lucien
Oh yeah, there's a thousand actors who have superior acting chops to Hayden Christensen. But then again I've never really felt he was a bad actor--I've seen Shattered Glass, he's good in it. I doubt there's many actors out there--if any at all--who would have been able to make the Anakin character work, given the demands, limitations, and requirements set by Lucas on him and everything else in those films. Ewan McGregor is a wonderful actor, and so is Christopher Lee. But their Star Wars characters suck balls. So it is for poor Hayden. He gets blamed for Anakin despite being one of the few actors in the Prequels to actually invest some effort and passion in their role. It's just unfortunate that the role was terrible. Everyone's role was terrible.

Pwned
Keanu Reaves, or whatever his name is.

stick out tongue

COG Veteran
Hayden isn't a bad actor, the dialogue was. That wasn't his fault tho. I'd say that Logan-Marshall Green had/has the potential for a good role.

iknowbetter
Brian Thompson and the golden mullet. watch it on youtube. If you think your choice is better. tell me what short video I should watch to prove your choice is better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.