Favourite teams to win the WC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dregh
Ok, the idea is to make Top 3, Top 5, Top 10 or whatever ranking lenght listing your favourite teams to win the wc.

I'll start

1- Italy (they've always been lucky on WCs)
2- Argentina
3- Brazil
4- Spain
5- Italy
4367- France

El_NINO
Why couldnt this go in the World Cup thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t394075.html

Dregh
because it would be overrun in seconds by the ronaldo discussion

Deano
take it up in the other thread

forumcrew
Originally posted by Dregh
Ok, the idea is to make Top 3, Top 5, Top 10 or whatever ranking lenght listing your favourite teams to win the wc.

I'll start

1- Italy (they've always been lucky on WCs)
2- Argentina
3- Brazil
4- Spain
5- Italy
4367- France

so is italy gonna get 1st or 5th? needed to make a new thread and needed to rank italy twice? i think im seeing a connection

Bardock42
1. Germany
2. Sweden
3. Italy

Deathblow
1. Argentina
----
2. Spain
3. Holland
4. Brazil
5. Italy

I know Spain have a history of pissing it all away, but they appear to have fixed all the mental weaknesses of their past teams, and also have arguably the strongest squad in the tournament. And anyone who saw the Tunisia game will know that Fabregas may just be the edge they need. Well, along with Torres. Holland have a similar history, and unlike Spain, I don't think they've got a very strong squad, but they have three superb front men, and always look dangerous. Brazil may have had a slow start, but if they play Robininho instead of Ronaldo, and maybe Gilberto instead of Emerson, and stop making Ronaldinho play so deep, they are probably the only team who could take Argentina on in a fair fight. I hate Italy, and they only have three of four world standard players, but I can't shake the horrible feeling that they'll go far. Sixth favorite for me is Germany. They are very confident at the moment, Klose and Ballack are on form which is very important for them, and of course they have the home advantage on top of the traditional German luck. I'm absolutely convinced that Portugal, Ukraine and England will not win.

Alpha Centauri
England will probably play shit all tournament, scrape the wins and then win the World Cup on a penalty shootout.

-AC

Deano
hopefully

Alpha Centauri
Why hopefully? Have English fans become so desperate that they have lost all sense of pride in winning well?

It appears so. There was a time, believe it or not, when a small part of the majority would give a bit of shit to the England team for having a bad game. Nowadays anything except a loss is good, and if there is a loss, there's an excuse.

-AC

Dregh
Originally posted by forumcrew
so is italy gonna get 1st or 5th? needed to make a new thread and needed to rank italy twice? i think im seeing a connection

Italy is gonna win twice. jk, my bad.

Marvel Boy
Australia!!!

Mattomic
England!!!

How have none of you got them in your top 5??

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mattomic
England!!!

How have none of you got them in your top 5??

Because I don't want England to win ...

mr-savonty
I wouldn't say England have the best chance in the tournament. But their in the top one

Argentina
Brazil
Spain
Italy

Alpha Centauri
The funny aspect of all this is the fact that England have performed better in previous World Cups and Euro Cups than they have in this one, by miles, and yet they'll probably jam their way to victory off the back of scraped wins and hype.

Then McClaren will take over, it'll be back to the same old England and we'll still have to hear the chinese whispers-esque story as time goes on, of how England dominated the 06 World Cup and became the best team ever.

-AC

koolruningz
Good job you're supporting Brazil then if England piss you off so much.

Xavius
I bet England falls face flat to Portugal on saturday. Actually, Portugal's not doing too bad this year. They may win. Italy . . . No, I think they'll lose.

Argentina, Germany, Brazil and Portugal all are looking damn good so far.

BuzzKiller
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why hopefully? Have English fans become so desperate that they have lost all sense of pride in winning well?

It appears so. There was a time, believe it or not, when a small part of the majority would give a bit of shit to the England team for having a bad game. Nowadays anything except a loss is good, and if there is a loss, there's an excuse.

-AC

Wasn't Brazil the team that fired their coach after winning the World Cup because they did not win pretty?

A win is a win..

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. Germany
4. Italy
5. Spain

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BuzzKiller
Wasn't Brazil the team that fired their coach after winning the World Cup because they did not win pretty?

A win is a win..

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. Germany
4. Italy
5. Spain

If Brazil scraped and crawled their way to a win, would I be glad to see them win? Yes. Would it be bittersweet? Yes, because they don't need to do that. They are good enough to win it off the back of being convincing.

While we're saying that, England probably have the talent to do it too. They just have a shit manager and shit fans who felch shit players. So they play shit matches.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
While we're saying that, England probably have the talent to do it too. They just have a shit manager and shit fans who felch shit players. So they play shit matches.

So, to surmise, you're saying England are playing some beautiful football, their manager is a tactical genius, and you fully support their efforts to win the Cup?

Alpha Centauri
I think I can only answer that with the sense and accuracy of an English commentator;

You're not wrong in what you say, but if you went in the opposite direction altogether, you'd be right.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.