Can Wolverine cut Luke Cage's skin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2006
The topic pretty much explains itself. Arent Wolverine's claws supposed to cut through anything with the right amount of force behind them. If Wolverine cant, then what if the Hulk had adamantium claws, would he be able to cut through Luke Cage's skin? confused confused

snoopdogg
If Wolverine can cut Namor and Hulk he can cut Luke Cage.

Scoobless
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If Wolverine can cut Namor and Hulk he can cut Luke Cage.

Not the same thing at all, Hardness and strength are two totally different characteristics of solid materials

that said I think Wolverine probably could cut Cage

Black Adam
So Luke cages Unbreakable skin is just another way of saying he's Invulnerable to a degree?

roughrider
Cage's skin hardness has been likened to Titanium, for it's resistence to damage. But one profile of his says clearly, he is vunerable to sharpened adamantium weapons, and whatever is harder than that.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Not the same thing at all, Hardness and strength are two totally different characteristics of solid materials

that said I think Wolverine probably could cut Cage Lukes skin is only bullet proof. That's it. Hulks skin is tougher than Lukes.

Wolverine2006
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ahem, thank u guys for clearing that up cool Happy Dance

Scoobless
Lukes skin is only bullet proof. That's it. Hulks skin is tougher than Lukes.

Cage is being written well beyond the lower limits for "bulletproof" these days

Wolverine2006
Yes and doesnt he have the Wrecker's crobar now?

King KAM
Lukes skin is only bullet proof. That's it. Hulks skin is tougher than Lukes. thats impossible, since the hulks skin isnt bulletbroof at all.....

FG725
what wolverine 616, ultimate, AOA, or fanboy wolverine aka god

Accel
Luke's skin is supposedly unbreakable, but so are Wolverine's claws, so it comes down to which is more 'unbreakable.'

I'd say Logan could cut him.

ST0RM SHAD0W
No he can't cut him.

UltimateStryfe
i think he can. but can he cut Colossus?

Hulk is bullet proof.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Yes and doesnt he have the Wrecker's crobar now?

No....he's never been seen with it since (unfortunately)

That's twice in a row that the Wrecker got beat down by someone using his own crowbar against him (the other time was by Speed Demon)

Wolverine2006
hulk is very bulletproof

UltimateStryfe
i always thought Cage was annoying. he would be better if he stuck with a costume. so, if razr sharp adamantium can penetrate his skin, what can't?

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Scoobless
No....he's never been seen with it since (unfortunately)

That's twice in a row that the Wrecker got beat down by someone using his own crowbar against him (the other time was by Speed Demon)

that really sux

ScarletSpider
It's actually quite fortunate Luke hasn't been seen with it, as I believe the Wrecker can influence and control anyone holding his crowbar...god that sounds wrong.

I would say that Wolverine can cut Luke Cage's skin. Luke has wavered in power over the years, originally he was probably around class 5 with steel hard skin. He was bulletproof, but it stung like hell to get shot. During Heroes for Hire (Ostrander era with the big team) I believe his skin was likened to diamond and whatnot. At one point he underwent the strengthening process again, so that boosted his powers to some degree.

UltimateStryfe
what level is he at now with strength and durability? like, what is his skin's properties similar too?

ScarletSpider
Not sure exactly, I would say somewhere between level 25-50 or so. His skin is pretty unbreakable, although not totally invulnerable.

Falcon used a vibranium needle to pierce his skin and get a blood sample a little while ago.

UltimateStryfe
cool. so Bullseye could kill him with an adamantium paperclip????? laughing

King KAM
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
i think he can. but can he cut Colossus?

Hulk is bullet proof. Originally posted by Wolverine2006
hulk is very bulletproof
no he isnt...for the last time... i will explain this... The hulk has a healing factor so fast that when when he gets shot, the cells heal near instantaneously around the bullet making it appear to "bounce off"

snoopdogg
what level is he at now with strength and durability? like, what is his skin's properties similar too? In the latest handbook Cage is listed at 25 tons and level 5 durability which is lower than Thing, Namor, Rhino etc.

AcousticDoc
cage's skin almost wasn't strong enough for him to survive his apartment getting shot with an rpg.

King KAM
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
cage's skin almost wasn't strong enough for him to survive his apartment getting shot with an rpg. i thought that was silly tooo.,...

willRules
He could probably cut it with the right amount of force, the real question is does wolverine have the strength to put the claws through the skin????

roughrider
Here, from Wikipedia:

Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength, endurance, and resistance to injury as a result of his participation in dangerous (and highly controversial) experiments while in prison, and his power has seemingly increased by an order of magnitude since his original transformation. Cage could originally lift about 3 tons but, over the years (and due to several more experiments on him) his strength has increased to the 35 ton range.

This same experiment has fortified the various tissues of Cage's body, granting him a high degree of resistance to injury. Cage's skin is harder than titanium and can resist high caliber bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. Even though Cage is practically invulnerable to conventional weaponry, it is possible to injure him with adamantium weapons. The same experiment that granted him his great strength and durability, has also slightly increased his ability to heal. As a side-effect of the fortified tissue of his body, the density of that tissue is greater than an ordinary human. The only drawback to such an ability is that when he does sustain serious injury, medical care is difficult given doctors' inability to get past his hardened skin as in the Secret War limited series.

And I have doubts about the Hulk's skin not being highly invunerable, rather than just his healing factor sealing the wounds so fast it seems bullets bounce off. Even after they established his healing factor in 1987, we saw for years bullets just bounced right off him; the Hulk would even say how they would just bounce off him too, to his opponent.

ankur29
Originally posted by willRules
He could probably cut it with the right amount of force, the real question is does wolverine have the strength to put the claws through the skin????

yh pretty much .....wolverine can stab iron man, hulk , thing,and loads of other chrecters with class 6 /7 durability and is probably at class 5 strength at minimum

ankur29
Originally posted by King KAM
no he isnt...for the last time... i will explain this... The hulk has a healing factor so fast that when when he gets shot, the cells heal near instantaneously around the bullet making it appear to "bounce off"

if his healing factor is so fast why can he be cut by wolverine?....why caN ARROWS NOT PEIRCE HIS EYELID? HULK has very thick skin which is grenade ...gun ...(johnny torches )nova flame proof
it takes great strength tpo peirce him or harm him not quick healinbg because if this woudl be teh case hulk would never get hurt and have durabilty like superman

Wolverine2006
I dont even understand why they wuld say that Luke Cage's skin is impenetrably...LIARS.

King KAM
Originally posted by ankur29
if his healing factor is so fast why can he be cut by wolverine?....why caN ARROWS NOT PEIRCE HIS EYELID? HULK has very thick skin which is grenade ...gun ...(johnny torches )nova flame proof
it takes great strength tpo peirce him or harm him not quick healinbg because if this woudl be teh case hulk would never get hurt and have durabilty like superman sorry but that is straight from marvel kid, i know you thing you are right, but you arent, your wrong.

Hulk isnt bullet proof its his healing factor. And i dont care what you Think, marvel has explained it, so put that in your pipe and cheif it.

UltimateStryfe
then why to the ricochet in a different direction?

King KAM
then why to the ricochet in a different direction? because they are being pushed out faster than pushed in, is like shootings into rubber almost, but is isnt the skin bouncin em, its the factor.

UltimateStryfe
so, the healing factor is soooo fast that it is stopping the flying bullet completely, then propelling it away as fast as if it were fired from a gun?

King KAM
so, the healing factor is soooo fast that it is stopping the flying bullet completely, then propelling it away as fast as if it were fired from a gun? thats what the writers say.
I mean he is a nuclear powered human.

ScarletSpider
Just curious, what writers, do you have any specific instances of this being stated? I for one have always taken him as having a near impervious hide.

King KAM
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Just curious, what writers, do you have any specific instances of this being stated? I for one have always taken him as having a near impervious hide. marvel universe books, and official bios.

ScarletSpider
Okay, just wondering where I could check it out. It must be a highly active healing factor to not just heal from a bullet wound, but reconstitute cellular matter so fast it repels the bullet.

UltimateStryfe
maybe that's why he gets stronger when he's angry. he generates more muscle mass quickly.

ankur29
sorry but that is straight from marvel kid, i know you thing you are right, but you arent, your wrong.

Hulk isnt bullet proof its his healing factor. And i dont care what you Think, marvel has explained it, so put that in your pipe and cheif it.

hulk i bullet proof are you saying his kin is equally as thick as hours?
why cant oncoming momentum hurt him?surely healing factor does not prevent pain ?full speed trains cant ghurt him he does not heal as fast as teh train is hitting him?

i cudnt really care what marvel handbooks say cozdey chat wet!!!!!!!y'all shud b sneazin when you read dem crusty handbokks coz dat bull has 2 make u allergic

Jyppe
If Hulk's healing power is what propels them away from him, then why don't his wounds ever make Wolverine fly? His wounds often bleed somewhat, they can't bleed if his healing power is instant.

Did someone look out for Hulk's Durability rate? It's high..

olympian
He can cut the Hulk and hes more durable.

Dont see why he wouldnt be able to cut Cage.

King KAM
Originally posted by Jyppe
If Hulk's healing power is what propels them away from him, then why don't his wounds ever make Wolverine fly? His wounds often bleed somewhat, they can't bleed if his healing power is instant.

Did someone look out for Hulk's Durability rate? It's high.. durability has little to do with the thickness of your skin

FujiFuu
durability has little to do with the thickness of your skin

The hulks skin is resistant to bullets, if what your saying were true, than if wolverine stabbed him, wolverine would be flung back, also, too show that the hulks skin is stronger than humans, wolverine (when he had bone claws) tried to stab him in the neck, and it didn't do anything to the hulk, just bounced right off.

King KAM
Originally posted by FujiFuu
The hulks skin is resistant to bullets, if what your saying were true, than if wolverine stabbed him, wolverine would be flung back, also, too show that the hulks skin is stronger than humans, wolverine (when he had bone claws) tried to stab him in the neck, and it didn't do anything to the hulk, just bounced right off. iguess its just ignorant writers....

Grimm22
If you ask me Cage should have REAL unbreakable skin.

batdude123
Wolverine should be able to cut right through Luke Cage's skin.

ankur29
durability has little to do with the thickness of your skin

how wrong you are........cages skin is denser than ours therefore thick
.........collosuus skin is denser than ours therefore thick and making him durable
namors skin is thick thats why he weighs so much thsi is why thickness of skin makes cahrecters more durable

i dont no whther u guys hav read ultimate spiderman in onbe of teh very firsts issues spidey goes hospital for a check up and he has thick skin henceforth increased durability

dont get twisted hulk has extremely thick skin because if it was not thick he woudl get puntured by bulltes and have durability par to wolverine who does not have thick skin

who?-kid
Originally posted by batdude123
Agreed.

Grimm22

On the contrary, he SHOULDN'T, but he still CAN stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
On the contrary, he SHOULDN'T, but he still CAN stick out tongue

Actually, he should, and he can. wink

Grimm22
Actually, he should, and he can. wink

Im just saying that Luke Cage should have litteral unbreakable skin.

Seriously, its crap that its not miffed

batdude123
Im just saying that Luke Cage should have litteral unbreakable skin.

Seriously, its crap that its not miffed

Words like "unstoppable" and "unbreakable" are just hyperbole. wink

Grimm22
Words like "unstoppable" and "unbreakable" are just hyperbole. wink

Still what else does Cage have goin' for him erm

Seriously 40 ton weight class.

Thats it no expression

Why not let him have unbreakable skin

batdude123
Still what else does Cage have goin' for him erm

Seriously 40 ton weight class.

Thats it no expression

Why not let him have unbreakable skin

Luke Cage wasn't ment to be some uber character.

King KAM
Luke Cage wasn't ment to be some uber character. and he is actually alot tougher than people give him credit for.

and yeah who cares if he is ubeR??? he is a great character.

Grimm22
and he is actually alot tougher than people give him credit for.

and yeah who cares if he is ubeR??? he is a great character.

Yep yes

Sweet Christmas!! stick out tongue

Slaymaster
Can Wolverine cut Luke Cage? Good question, I don't know. AFAIK there is no instance of it happening in any book. Do I think he can? Yes, I think he can. It isn't just adamantium Wolverine was slingin', they're razor sharp. And Wolverine is pretty strong, not superhuman but easily as strong as a powerlifter, so he should have the muscle to back it up.

The real reason i'm on here is to point out that The Hulk IS bulletproof, always has been. If this changed in the last 2 years, so be it... before that it was well established that Hulk was bulletproof to small arms fire, probably take something in the 30 or 40mm range to pierce his skin, but not his muscle or bone. A certain someone is probably confusing Hulks ability to heal from gunfire to his ability to heal from Wolverines claws... which is why The Hulk isn't afraid of Wolverine and Wolverine doesn't want to mess with The Hulk unless he has to. Wolverine isn't strong enough to get through Hulks super dense muscles to do any real damage.

How do I support my opinions? I had a collection of over 10,000 Marvel comics, including The Incredible Hulk #240-450, annuals, and more from about 2006-2014 (Red Hulk and all that).

Slaymaster
iguess its just ignorant writers....

IMO writers are quite often ignorant, or willfully disregard character history. Look at how often character historis are written, rewritten, retconned, etc. Take Wolverine for example, he was supposed to have bionic claws implanted, that was the original history. Years later it was changed to natural claws covered in adamantium. Originally Wolverines healing factor was good but not spectacular, as the years go on he's able to survive getting burnt to a crisp and falling thousands of feet from the sky to hit like a meteor... and shake it off like it was nothing. *I love Claremont but he's the worst at changing characters, ignoring their history. Well, no, i'll say he's #2... BMB is the worst, but hey, that's what happens when you get popular and then given care blanche.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.