Alliance vs. DigiMark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurora
Judge: The Princess

Render: Awwwwwww How Cute! stick out tongue

Criteria: Theme: Dark and Scary
Max: 500 x 200 and 100 kb. Your job is to make a NON-cutsie sig. No animation. A word or phrase that is fitting to sig.

Deadline: 96 hours

Alliance
Thanks Aurora!

DigiMark007
Not cute? But it's Pooh and the gang.

Awesome render, by the way, and I love Winnie-the-Pooh...but why not let us get in touch with our feminine side a bit?

{edit} 96 hours...good. Time becomes an issue with PS. I really have no idea how long this'll take to do.

DigiMark007
Seriously, dark? lol. Everything I do with this render ends up involving rainbows and images of puppies....so I hope you realize that a small part of me will have to die when I make Pooh-bear Satanic. I hope you're happy.

miffed

wink

Aurora
eek!

Alliance
Originally posted by DigiMark007
so I hope you realize that a small part of me will have to die when I make Pooh-bear Satanic. I hope you're happy.
Does this give me a competative edge?

Thorinn
Winnie the pooh shock

A.D. Skinner
That is awesome...really challenges you to make something that will use your creative side as well as your artisic capabilities.

Great Render Aurora!!!! thumb up

DigiMark007
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
That is awesome...really challenges you to make something that will use your creative side as well as your artisic capabilities.

Great Render Aurora!!!! thumb up

I agree....now if my artistic abilities would catch up with me I'd be in business. I have about 3 equally bad versions right now...at least it's a challenge though.

DigiMark007
Well, it's still kinda cutesy. But it's evil. So at least that's something. erm

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4878/pooh21pn.jpg

...I'd post the other versions, but I'd probably be laughed at. They're not even funny, they're just....sad. no expression

A.D. Skinner
Aw, come on...you have to post the others now!

Alliance
yeah, just clarify which is your entry.

DigiMark007
No, that's my entry up there. I'm not ashamed of it, but I realize it won't win any awards either. Oh, and I deleted the others. stick out tongue

Alliance
well..currently its beating mine

Bloigen
"Stuff" owl?

no expression

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alliance
well..currently its beating mine

Indeed. smile ...I know you can beat it, but I'd like to think that my entry will at least make you work at it a bit. And the "non cute" bit really hurt, regardless of the program I used. I couldn't think of any good designs (most of my other things just involved a vaguely red color scheme to make him seem menacing).

Still, I'll root for time expiring and getting the technicality win (stick out tongue) and will continue to shake off the rust from not having dueled in a while.

Originally posted by Bloigen
"Stuff" owl?

no expression

laughing out loud

Alliance
I cant either, Aurora is stumping me...and currently i'm occupied with a bar brawl in the religion forum. But I've never missed an entry.

TOH
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well, it's still kinda cutesy. But it's evil. So at least that's something. erm

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4878/pooh21pn.jpg

...I'd post the other versions, but I'd probably be laughed at. They're not even funny, they're just....sad. no expression

clap

whistling

Edited

Alliance
HEY! THAT WA MY IDEA! mad

TOH
HEY! THAT WA MY IDEA! mad

erm Sorry embarrasment

laughing out loud

TOH
Ok Edited

Alliance
np...i couldn't even spell out my full opinon.

It wasnt the chiansaw particularly, just putting different things in thier arms.

DigiMark007
Well I'm a moron. I just accidentally uninstalled PS. Being the lazy SOB that I am, it's a good thing I finished my sig already....I probably won't have it back up until the weekend.

Alliance
ok...glad to finish. Sorry Aurora. I am dissappointed with it.

Thorinn
Where's his eye's? messed

Alliance
eyes?

Thorinn
winie the poop has no eye's.

Alliance
oh messed

H. S. 6
laughing

This is a really cool idea for a duel. I'm tempted to have a go at it myself. stick out tongue

Alliance
It was a great idea. I failed miserably messed

Thorinn
I think it looks kind of cool. embarrasment

DigiMark007
It was a great idea. I failed miserably messed

We both did. laughing out loud

But good duel anyway. Regardless of how it turns out, this was an interesting duel.

...and your Pooh is at least creepy. Mine's cute, but yours looks like a lifeless manequin-clown thing. thumb up

A.D. Skinner
Hey...I think you both did a great job...

...bring Pooh into the darkness and making him evil wasn't an easy task, but I think you both were on the right track.

Alliance
Thanks ADS

BakaXero
for some reason i want to take a shot at the criteria no expression

Alliance
I agree, it was a challenging criteria, but I appreciate that in a judge. It was difficult dure to the cartoonyness of the reneder.

I think it was a good duel as well Digi, I look forward to more in the future.

Aurora
Thanks for giving it a shot guys. It was a hard job to make Pooh look uncute. I think that they were both good sigs and great attempts! In the end tho I think that Digi pulled this one a little farther though. I like Pooh's to do list. LOL

Stuff Owl hysterical

Good job guys!! Congrats Digi!

Alliance
Tigger eating Roo wasnt doing it for you? sad

DigiMark007

Oh....so that's what he's doing. lol. I knew something was amiss, but I couldn't quite figure it out.

laughing out loud

...and yeah nice duel. 1-0 with PS. woot

A.D. Skinner

Would that be considered Cannibalism or survival?

Thorinn
well tigers eat other animals, so i guess survival......but then again they were friends.hmm

DigiMark007
Devouring flesh is what tiggers do best! Hoo-hoo-hoooo!

confused

Aurora
I didn't see that Tigger was eating Roo. Poor Roo sad

Alliance
oh well, my fault for not making it more obvious. Good work Digi. Now we reduel. And I pull a Tigger.

Alliance
no expression

DigiMark007
oh well, my fault for not making it more obvious. Good work Digi. Now we reduel. And I pull a Tigger.

Just name the time and place, and I'm game for the rematch. Might start using Gimp for basic shite again though. A lot of stuff has the same effect between the 2 programs, but I'm just slower in PS....this sig, for example, was more than a bit frustrating because of the time. The complex stuff I'll still do in PS though, since I still need to improve.

Alliance
I'll be able to start again sunday night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.