Exar Kun vs. Darth Revan & Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Who would win? Both force and lightsaber battle. Battle occurs on Korriban

Sin Harvest
I'm going towards Exar Kun

Escape81
Originally posted by Sin Harvest

Same here.

Count Kent
WTF? Exar Kun gets destroyed. Either would be able to do so.

Lightsnake
Yeah, this seems a bit much for Exar

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Sin Harvest

Lightsnake
And the overrated wreck of a character wins again

Darth_Glentract
Prove that Bane and Revan would be able to beat him. He's strong, we know that. The Jedi said that it would take the strength of the entire order to stand against him. I'd like to see Bane and Revan overcome that.

Lightsnake
Fascinating. Revan and Bane were strong, too.

And lies. The Jedi order never said a single thing on the sort. In fact, Kun ran away rather than face the Order and it was never mentioned that it'd take the entire order to beat him.

Bane's power made manifest practically destroyed Ruusan and if the other Sith kept joined at the ritual, it'd have gone further. Plus Bane has a natural defense against anything from a saber, has a deeper connection to the dark side than most any Sith and Revan's also extremely skilled and dangerous.

Yup, pony tail boy is dead

Borbarad
Originally posted by Lightsnake

They were ? Revan canonically is basically an unknown who could be below people like Dooku. Bane ? The same...

It took the combined force powers of Luke's entire students Luke himself and Vodo to wipe his spirit from existance. And excuse me - the entire Jedi Order above Yavin 4 wasn't able to destroy him obviously. I don't see Revan or Bane or even both combined withstanding or even needing this efforts to get destroyed.

Yes. What he's able to do using a ritual will totally help Bane in a fight. Especially against the guy that could freeze millions of lifeforms on the spot with an basically effortless use of Sith magic. Not to mention his ability to waltz over Sith magicians (Aleema), force spirits (Nadd) and quite powerful Jedi Masters (Odan, Vodo) without encountering greater problems.

How are Bane and Revan going to stop him before Kun kills them with his superior knowledge / talent / potential / genious / abilities ?

Count Kent
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Prove that Bane and Revan would be able to beat him. He's strong, we know that. The Jedi said that it would take the strength of the entire order to stand against him. I'd like to see Bane and Revan overcome that.

Did the jedi really say that? That's nice because an entire order of dark jedi couldn't stop Revan. And I think it was said about Ragnos, not Kun.

Lightsnake
Revan still killed Yusanis, Mandalore and Malak in a duel, canonically. And Bane was one of the mightiest Sith when they were practically owning the galaxy.

The entire Jedi order wasn't able to destroy Exar? They got the chance? By his OWN ADMISSION, he preserved and trapped himself fleeing from them. Once more: There's a difference between severe overkill and necessity. I haven't yet seen it proven once the entire Jedi order was needed to destroy Kun except 'the entire order went there'....which'd make the Jedi Order idiots NOT to totally converge on Exar's base.

Oh, gee and Revan could do those things as well, all things considered and Bane could only drain other Sith lords dry practically at will 'for the dark side'....Kun's knowledge and abilities are so superior, right. Alone, Kun'd could handle either of these two, but together?

Borbarad
Revan still killed Yusanis, Mandalore and Malak in a duel, canonically. And Bane was one of the mightiest Sith when they were practically owning the galaxy.

Wow. He killed two non-force users and the guy that was always inferior to him. I guess Ulic had a tougher fight against the Mandalore he defeated while I doubt that Malak is in the league of Odan or Vodo or people like Nadd.

Did I say that they needed the entire Order to defeat Exar ?
The point is that the entire forces of light at this point were above Yavin 4 and didn't manage to wipe Kun from the Galaxy. And later Luke's students had some nice problems with Kun too as he almost killed all of them - and that was force choking nearly a dozen of force users at once when some of them were pretty strong in the force.

What could Revan do, huh ? Canonically the most powerful stuff he pulled off was some particular strong force lightning that wiped a single Rakatan scout team out (if it WAS force lightning). And that's it. If we talking about Darth Revan here of course as his KotoR appearance is canonically a Lightsider.

Remind me. When did Bane or Revan:
- freeze millions of beings with a single use of Sith magic
- kill a more than 1,000 year old Jedi Master with a single force attack
- exterminate Sith spirits with a single force attack
- defeat 600 year old Jedi Masters in lightsaber combat
- study the entire knowledge of one of the top 3 force users from the Golden Age of the Sith
- knock a Sith Witch out for a pretty long time period with a single force attack
- show any skills in Sith Alchemy (such as creating monsters)

Did I miss all that stuff ? You have to consider that both Bane and Revan were quite limited when it came to sources for Sith knowledge. Bane and the NSE basically had a single Sith holocron to start with stolen from the Jedi temple and Revan was limited by time. Force wise I'd give it to Kun. And saberwise...well...obviously the Jedi considered Bastilla (a Padawan) and two fellow Jedi to be enough to capture Revan. Kavar went to defeat Malak - who wasn't far away from Revan when it just came to saber abilities - on his own while Bane's saber abilities (aside from the fact that he survived a war against Jedi) are pretty much an unknown.

I'd say Kun might very well be able to take Revan out pretty fast and then proceed with killing Bane. I might be wrong there but that's how I see it...

Hokage Yoda

And lies. The Jedi order never said a single thing on the sort. In fact, Kun ran away rather than face the Order and it was never mentioned that it'd take the entire order to beat him.

Bane's power made manifest practically destroyed Ruusan and if the other Sith kept joined at the ritual, it'd have gone further. Plus Bane has a natural defense against anything from a saber, has a deeper connection to the dark side than most any Sith and Revan's also extremely skilled and dangerous.

Yup, pony tail boy is dead

To be more specific Vandar states It takes the Whole order to Defeat Malak who is weaker than Revan wink

As for you Borbarad the thousand Year Jedi was weak and had no Lightsaber. Oh and the fact of Vodo Exar used Two blades against a STICK really impressive *sarcasm*

Lightsnake
Before or after Malak was at his strongest? And yeah, Mandalore the Ultimate and Yusanis, nothing special there...that's only two more kills than Kun has to his name.

Yeah, the forces of light never acted against Kun till he was stuck in the temple and saving him.

And people accuse me of feat wars...Bane was only able to deforest a planet with his rage made manifest and could drain the lives of other dark siders at will. And was one of the top strongest Dark Lord in an empire of thousands.

And Revan had the Trayus Academy, the relatively unplnundered Korriban and who knows what else. Bane had numerous holocrons and aid from the old spirits.

Likely, Revan'd be a momentary distraction, Exar's victory wouldn't come easy against Bane, but he's probably stronger though Bane's natural armor could help.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
To be more specific Vandar states It takes the Whole order to Defeat Malak who is weaker than Revan wink

And to tell the thruth: Vandar states that it will take all the Republic Forces present at the SF battle to defeat the Sith forces. When he says "Malak" and I don't remember him saying this - he was probably meaning "Malak and his Sith forces" as Kavar alone went to face Malak and some Jedi did cut his jaw off.

Weak ? The guy who is the master of the Wall of Light (which Kun outright resisted) is weak ? Have a look at GAotS and tell me Odan is "weak" again.

@Lightsnake:

Uh ? Why can we see them concentrating them while Kun seems to suffer some serious pain ?

Bane was able to use a ritual to do so and drain lives of other dark siders at will...well...debateable. And yes...he was the strongest Dark Lord there but still there is no way to compare them to people from different time periods. I mean...Kaan was the second most powerful and Bane mentions that they don't think or act like real Sith - not to mention Kaans blatant stupidity.

Unplundered Korriban ? You mean after it was basically destroyed and then plundered by Kun and Nadd ? And he didn't even have most of the stuff in the tombs of the most powerful Sith before KotoR (when he was "Darth"wink. And where did you see Bane having numerous holocrons or aid from the ancients ? Just curious...

Well...with more knowledge than he could ever use Exar might be able to pull some stuff off we never saw him using before. Not to mention his amulets (which would be hard to block), his Sith magic and enough power (even in spirit form) to force choke 10 (or so...) force users at once. I'm sure he won't win that easily but I still think he can pull it off...

Lightsnake
Nai, that';s a comic cover...At the time they even start conetrating, Kun's out of body...I don't recall Ulic killing cay with a red saber, or wearing crazy vader armor...

Kopecz said himself: Bane was going to suck the others dry, forcing them to shield themselves and stop the ritual. Bane said he was doing it for the darkside. And remember: The Kaan at Ruusan is a mere shadow of his former self. He's paranoid, insane, he's been beaten back and lost his entire empire, he's lost to Hoth in direct combat, apparently...this isn't the glorious founder of the Brotherhood Kaan

I don't recall Kun or Nadd taking much or anything from Korriban...And in Bane of the Sith, Bane starts his quest to gather old artifacts of the Sith, starting with a holocron he finds.

Nai, please stop using the 'gathered more knowledge than he could ever use' stuff...we know for a fact Kun didn't use it and hid it away shortly after arriving at Yavin with Naga Sadow's most powerful secrets, he didn't have time to acquire or even learn that knowledge. And remember: Force choke is blockable and I'd be shocked if two of the strongest Dark Lords didn't know how to do that. Exar could pull it off, but a victory against Bane would be a hard fight one. Revan could put up some resistance as well, he was probably the second strongest after Kun at that time period

Borbarad
Nai, that';s a comic cover...At the time they even start conetrating, Kun's out of body...I don't recall Ulic killing cay with a red saber, or wearing crazy vader armor...

And they still didn't get him. I mean really...if Kun's spirit was so strong they should have sensed and destroyed him - or not ?

If they can simply put up some protection against it Bane's clearly not able to "suck them dry" at will...

Doesn't the mere fact that he lost his entire empire before despite of the fact that he had a great advantage in terms of resources speaks a lot of his actual incompetence anyway ?

And where does he find the most "useful" stuff including the idea for the "rule of two" ? In Nadd's tomb. When Nadd handed the "most important" stuff he had to Kun 3,000 years before.

Excuse me but if he's able to learn everything that a several century old Sith Lord left behind in the matter of a few months (while recruiting people and leading a war) why wouldn't he be able to learn some of the stuff he stole from Ossus during the journey from Ossus to Yavin 4 ? And most of the stuff from Ossus (at least as it appears in the comic and mentioned in other sources) were artifacts and not "knowledge".

Force choke is blockable if your own force potential exceeds those of the guy using it against you or your name is Streen. Not to mention we see Kun taking down a 1,000 year old Jedi Master with one force attack and Jedi put more effort in learning defensive force techniques than Sith do - as they limit themselves to use the force for "defence".

I don't see Revan or Bane doing much against stuff like this.

Revan the second strongest after Kun at that time period ? Thon, Kreia, Nomi Sunrider, Ulic before getting drained, the royal family of Onderon (Ommin and Amanoa had quite some time to study Sith magic)...Revan possibly had a very high potential (if we follow Kreia's "heart of the force" statement) but neither him or Malak did something impressive with their force powers only.

And Bane is a better match, yes. But still...basically everything Bane had was either coming from the ancient Sith (with Kun mastering everything Sadow had to offer) and Freedon Nadds tomb (who handed his most important stuff to Kun long time before). And it was Bane that "changed" the Sith philosophy from "direct confrontation" to "stealth action".

Lightsnake
Why didn't Ikrit sense Kun? Or the Jedi during the Hunt? No Jedi went down to the planet at all.

Or the 'draining' now has a defense against it. And they pretty much pulled away from Bane totally as one, that's twenty six to one.

It's more Hoth's prowess and leadership than Kaan's incompetence. When the Jedi started the campaign, Kaan was the Sith Lord who ended up with his faction winning the little civil war and forming the Brotherhood.

...Nadd? Nadd's spirit'd been gone millenia. Bane finds the holocron there and when he picks up Zannah he decides to track down even more.

First of all, where did Kun learn everything? And there's no hint Kun even LOOKED at the stuff he took from Yavin, since the Jedi were hot on his trail right after he landed. And considering he dumped everything in the cargo hold and that he was probably FLYING Starstorm 1...

And we're left with the idea that Odan-Ur was not an impressive Jedi wahtsoever. Fall of the Sith Empire and Golden Age do nothing to dispel this idea.

Since when? Vodo and Bodo's holocrons showed how to block force choke quite easily...and there's the dea that Kun could defend a simultaneous choke from both opponents...I wouldn't say Ulic, the Onderonian Royal family minus Ommin did anything particularly impressive...and considering Kreai's praise of Revan and the labeling of revan and the strongest of the new Sith, which'd include Traya...

And it's never stated Kun mastered everything Sadow had to offer, so he and Bane would be on even footing there.

Bane also had a deeper connection to the Dark Side than almost any Sith lord preceeding him and developed a lot on his own for his new order.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Borbarad
And to tell the thruth: Vandar states that it will take all the Republic Forces present at the SF battle to defeat the Sith forces. When he says "Malak" and I don't remember him saying this - he was probably meaning "Malak and his Sith forces" as Kavar alone went to face Malak and some Jedi did cut his jaw off.

Weak ? The guy who is the master of the Wall of Light (which Kun outright resisted) is weak ? Have a look at GAotS and tell me Odan is "weak" again.

@Lightsnake:

Uh ? Why can we see them concentrating them while Kun seems to suffer some serious pain ?

Bane was able to use a ritual to do so and drain lives of other dark siders at will...well...debateable. And yes...he was the strongest Dark Lord there but still there is no way to compare them to people from different time periods. I mean...Kaan was the second most powerful and Bane mentions that they don't think or act like real Sith - not to mention Kaans blatant stupidity.

Unplundered Korriban ? You mean after it was basically destroyed and then plundered by Kun and Nadd ? And he didn't even have most of the stuff in the tombs of the most powerful Sith before KotoR (when he was "Darth"wink. And where did you see Bane having numerous holocrons or aid from the ancients ? Just curious...

Well...with more knowledge than he could ever use Exar might be able to pull some stuff off we never saw him using before. Not to mention his amulets (which would be hard to block), his Sith magic and enough power (even in spirit form) to force choke 10 (or so...) force users at once. I'm sure he won't win that easily but I still think he can pull it off...

He said it himself "I'm to Old and weak" or something like that. All he did to defend himself was a Force Push. Hell Exar couldn't even kill Master OOD mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.