Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
Alright just to start off, yes I know there is a religion forum, and yes I ment to post this in the off topic form because it is going to be very off topic.

Alright so I was thinking that all these people that go to chruch every sunday and read their bible and shit dont have the right to call theirselves christian or catholic or jewish or any of that because in the beggining of the faith the "rules" and rubbish are all strict and cant fit into modern society. So now they made the rules more like guidelines.

It kind of pisses me off, I'm not very religous at all so I dont really have a place in this discussion according to most but if people are going to walk around calling themselves good catholics and then ****ing hookers and cursing at their kids it really takes away from the religon... It seems to me that they only become christian of cathoic or whatnot when they are in the company of their fellows or at church.

I think we should get rid of the word Religon and make it Theory. it not that hard... I dont call myself a scientologist because I dont bend to every curve of the practice but I believe in the theory. Why cant Christians say "I dont stab out my eye when I see nekkid chicks that arent my wife, and I have sex for pleasure, but I believe in the theory of God and Jesus"

It just seems more convincing to me...

Bloigen
Only one smilie can describe this.
And that is....

herb

Pink Maynard
Originally posted by Ronny
Alright just to start off, yes I know there is a religion forum, and yes I ment to post this in the off topic form because it is going to be very off topic.

Alright so I was thinking that all these people that go to chruch every sunday and read their bible and shit dont have the right to call theirselves christian or catholic or jewish or any of that because in the beggining of the faith the "rules" and rubbish are all strict and cant fit into modern society. So now they made the rules more like guidelines.

It kind of pisses me off, I'm not very religous at all so I dont really have a place in this discussion according to most but if people are going to walk around calling themselves good catholics and then ****ing hookers and cursing at their kids it really takes away from the religon... It seems to me that they only become christian of cathoic or whatnot when they are in the company of their fellows or at church.

I think we should get rid of the word Religon and make it Theory. it not that hard... I dont call myself a scientologist because I dont bend to every curve of the practice but I believe in the theory. Why cant Christians say "I dont stab out my eye when I see nekkid chicks that arent my wife, and I have sex for pleasure, but I believe in the theory of God and Jesus"

It just seems more convincing to me... Question

Are you coming on to me?

TOH
bla bla bla bla bla....

Well I have an answer for your question:

We have a religion forum

Bloigen
herblove

TOH
Originally posted by Bloigen
herblove
http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/emo-orly.JPG

A.J
moved

Bloigen
Originally posted by TOH
http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/emo-orly.JPG

herbnone

A.J
Originally posted by TOH
http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/emo-orly.JPG http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3711/567338848a9876603c5aj.th.jpg

Bloigen
Originally posted by A.J
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3711/567338848a9876603c5aj.th.jpg

You can only do that in response to an "O Rly?" picture. erm

A.J
You can only do that in response to an "O Rly?" picture. erm i couldnt find one embarrasment

Pink Maynard
herb

A.J
You can only do that in response to an "O Rly?" picture. erm http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9964/8whxf66uc.th.jpg

Ronny
Originally posted by Pink Maynard
Question

Are you coming on to me? Yes that is exactly it blink

Bloigen
Originally posted by Pink Maynard
herb

yes

lord xyz

It just seems more convincing to me... if you believe in crap that makes no sense to anyone else but your kind, you're religious.

I mean come on, Jesus coming back from the dead for us because he loves us, that's fine but, everyone else thinks you're a ****ing moron.

Alpha Centauri
You can believe in God and even Jesus without being christian or religious. God isn't an exclusively religious idea, I know many people who believe in God but do so in their own way.

They do what they want, live how they want, because that's what it's about. The only time the rules came in was when people figured out they could make profit (be it monetarily or otherwise) from it. The message that all religions more or less pass off is that you should look out for your brother, your fellow man and unconditional love for all beings.

So the answer is yes. Though you shouldn't act like you follow doctrine if you are picking and choosing what "rules" to follow.

-AC

Ronny
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You can believe in God and even Jesus without being christian or religious. God isn't an exclusively religious idea, I know many people who believe in God but do so in their own way.

They do what they want, live how they want, because that's what it's about. The only time the rules came in was when people figured out they could make profit (be it monetarily or otherwise) from it. The message that all religions more or less pass off is that you should look out for your brother, your fellow man and unconditional love for all beings.

So the answer is yes. Though you shouldn't act like you follow doctrine if you are picking and choosing what "rules" to follow.

-AC thats exactly what I mean.. but should you be able to call yourself christian if you dont follow the religon and you just belive in god

lord xyz
for all you non-brits,

The United Kingdom has one of the lowest levels of worship in the world, with less than 8% of people actually attending any form of worship on a regular basis (of whom the majority are of middle-aged and older generations).

suck on that stick out tongue

A.J
im not bothered i believe in god and he is my god but i dont worshp him, in fact ive onlt reserntly started beleiving

Alpha Centauri
Typical Brit, trying to win a competition where there isn't one.

Yes, Ronny. They can call themselves what they want, it just might not be as credible.

-AC

Regret
Credibility doesn't seem to really apply in the religious realm

Alpha Centauri
Of course it does. If you follow a religion and apply some or all of those "rules" to you and you alone, without bothering anyone else, it's not an issue of credibility anyway. It's personal choice and preference.

Believing in the religious OR spiritual (the two are different) doesn't retract credibility. I'd rather speak to someone with a bit of imagination than someone who just thinks everything is how it is and nothing more.

-AC

lord xyz
Originally posted by A.J
im not bothered i believe in god and he is my god but i dont worshp him, in fact ive onlt reserntly started beleiving and which god is this?

A.J
Originally posted by lord xyz
and which god is this? god god with jesus, i have my own religion wink

Ronny
You mean the God of Abraham, I'm guessing?

There is no "God God"

Ronny
Typical Brit, trying to win a competition where there isn't one.

Yes, Ronny. They can call themselves what they want, it just might not be as credible.

-AC *sigh* Yea, its really annoying me though

Bardock42
You believe in the Theory of Scientology? ...hahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahah, don't get me wrong, you are hot, but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

Ronny
In a way, not complealty. I, like most people think the L Ron Hubbard was not right in the head but it makes a certian amount of sence.

I believe in creationism and evolution as one as well. Are you going to laugh about that too?

Bardock42
In a way, not complealty. I, like most people think the L Ron Hubbard was not right in the head but it makes a certian amount of sence.

I believe in creationism and evolution as one as well. Are you going to laugh about that too?
Yeah, actually I will....hahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahaaha ....although that is less weird than Hubbard's stuff....you don't mind me laughing at you, I hope.

Ronny
Nope I dont mind stick out tongue I know that my theories can seem crazy to alot of people, but thats cool I laugh at peoples theories all the time. Being offended would make me a hipocrite.. Plus its really nothing to get worked up over.

I do belive we were placed on the planet buy a extra-terrestrial being, but not a god. I believe that we were an experiment and evoloved from a single cell organism. I believe that after our body expires our spirit lives on and creates a sort of energy to preserve the universe.

Bloigen
(Blah Blah Blah)orgasm(Blah Blah Blah)

eek!

Bardock42
Nope I dont mind stick out tongue I know that my theories can seem crazy to alot of people, but thats cool I laugh at peoples theories all the time. Being offended would make me a hipocrite.. Plus its really nothing to get worked up over.

I do belive we were placed on the planet buy a extra-terrestrial being, but not a god. I believe that we were an experiment and evoloved from a single cell organism. I believe that after our body expires our spirit lives on and creates a sort of energy to preserve the universe.
And I enjoyed The Hitchhiklers Guide to the Galaxy.....but I don't believe Earth to be a giant computer.

Now let me stop laughing at you and take you seriously....why do you think that?

Ronny
Its just the only thing that really makes any sence to me erm

Bloigen shocking I hate you, i had to go back and read to make sure i didnt really type that

Bloigen
Bloigen shocking I hate you, i had to go back and read to make sure i didnt really type that

flirt

Ronny
*stabs with a butter knife* crazy

Bardock42
Its just the only thing that really makes any sence to me erm

Why? How does it make sense to you? Why?

You did, I read it too.

Bloigen
*stabs with a butter knife* crazy

shifty

Ronny
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? How does it make sense to you? Why?

You did, I read it too. it says organism ninja

I dont know it just does, I cant explain it

Bardock42
it says organism ninja

I dont know it just does, I cant explain it

Hmm weird....guess it fits you, hehe.

Ronny
stick out tongue I know it sounds crazy, but it makes sence to me.

I just get akward looks when i talk to my family about it. They are all "catholic"

Bun Bun

OMG yes ronny i totally agree with you! I am not religious at all i call myself spirtual. But throry is a good way to say it to.

My last church said i was goin to hell because i liked/listened to rap music. and i was goin' to hell because i am sexual with other girls crazy

I hated it so much!

Bardock42
stick out tongue I know it sounds crazy, but it makes sence to me.

I just get akward looks when i talk to my family about it. They are all "catholic"

Oh well, catholicism sounds just about as crazy to me as well.....

Also, for some reason your sig makes me think of nasty, nasty things.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bun Bun
OMG yes ronny i totally agree with you! I am not religious at all i call myself spirtual. But throry is a good way to say it to.

My last church said i was goin to hell because i liked/listened to rap music. and i was goin' to hell because i am sexual with other girls crazy

I hated it so much!

Hmm as for what your church said, first what rap and second may I watch?

Ronny
Originally posted by Bun Bun

I hated it so much! Thank you! Yea, my dad wanted me to get into church cause he thought it would make me a better person.

I'm sorry, but spending my life kissing a non existant supremes holy floating ass is not my idea of a good life. I love my life very very much and i dont need people telling me I'm going to go to "hell". Thanks I've been to utah already.

blink since when was rap a sin? God if those preists knew what i did behind closed doors they'd make up a worst afterlife.

but i do it with a guy so.. jee

Uneeklyconfused
i dont need people telling me I'm going to go to "hell". Thanks I've been to utah already.

laughing

Bardock42
blink since when was rap a sin? God if those preists knew what i did behind closed doors they'd make up a worst afterlife.

but i do it with a guy so.. jee
Go on....

Ronny
Naw, the doors are closed

Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
laughing raver

Bardock42
Naw, the doors are closed

raver

Damn....I missed such a great opportunity shit, I think I'm seriously going to cry.

Alpha Centauri
Wait, Ronny partially believes in scientology and creationism?

One sec *Grabs any previous debate-orientated respect he had for Ronny* Be right back.

*Opens toilet*

You know the rest.

-AC

Bardock42
Wait, Ronny partially believes in scientology and creationism?

One sec *Grabs any previous debate-orientated respect he had for Ronny* Be right back.

*Opens toilet*

You know the rest.

-AC

Oh yeah, oh yeah and here the oppurtunity returns: Hmmm..hmm

Hey AC, I think we should call her "L. Ronny" from now on.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, I'm killing myself.

Alpha Centauri
That was actually funny, nice one. L. Ronny. Or Old Mother Hubbard, like the nursery rhyme.

I mean no offense, but anyone who speaks even remotely positively about that man has zero sense and no credibility. Feel free to believe what you want, but I have every right to laugh.

-AC

Bardock42
That was actually funny, nice one. L. Ronny. Or Old Mother Hubbard, like the nursery rhyme.

I mean no offense, but anyone who speaks even remotely positively about that man has zero sense and no credibility. Feel free to believe what you want, but I have every right to laugh.

-AC Oh well, i don't know about speaking positive about him, he supposedly had some SF Authoring skills...but this belief system..that's one ****ed up shit.

Then again I might just be a brainwashed disciple of South Park....

Alpha Centauri
Nah, it's just bs.

I mean, the idea that an alien came and dropped us off is a fun thing to play around with, but as a serious belief, I laugh at it.

At least make it realistic. Like, I don't know, saying the aliens mixed alien DNA with simian DNA and that's why there's a "missing" link. This whole "They dropped us off" is bs.

-AC

Scythe

All religous are christian? I could've sworn there were "others". Ooooh, scary!! However, what your talking about has nothing to do with anything, it's just standards and practices. Customs have changed, at a faster speed then human morality and society, but crying about it won't do any good. Look at me, I'm satanic!!

JacopeX

It just seems more convincing to me... Ok your right and wrong at the same time.

Religious people who follow their religion and faith flawlessly are the ones that have faith and belive in god by doing the right thing which obbviously the thing that will bring us all together in peace. People who sin are the causes of the spread of satan.

Imagine a world without religion.....Very hard to imagine how terrible the confusion of all of us would have if we didnt know how it would be if we die, where we would go after life, and so forth. I was raised to be catholic and to this day, I still belive in my religion with out shame. KMC is the only place that I know theres agnotistics and other non beliving people. I dont know any in real life so its hard talkin to them anyways.

Ronny, May god bless you and I hope that one day you will see the light and live the rest of you afterl ife peacefully. I belive in God, Jesus and the SAINTS. I dont care what you say wheather its a bad comment or not I just hope the best for all of us.

Usually his rules are the right ones. I told a priest that i listened to rap and reggaeton. Two very offensive genres and he told me its ok as long as I dont follow or commit any of the evil sins. ITs the understanding of rhythm which is something many have on earth. Anyways, Read the commandments and think Are these good things we should follow or are these bad to follow? Its an obvious answer you know iight

Scythe
Look at us, voicing our opinions on religion on the interweb. Funny, pathetic, ignorant, smart, naive, repulsive, the list keeps going. I wonder if God himself is a member of KMC, and for that matter, someone PM the link to this thread, he'll get a kick out of it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Scythe
Look at us, voicing our opinions on religion on the interweb. Funny, pathetic, ignorant, smart, naive, repulsive, the list keeps going. I wonder if God himself is a member of KMC, and for that matter, someone PM the link to this thread, he'll get a kick out of it. If he/she/it exists...which he/she/it most probably doesn't.

SpadeKing
old people foolow it ermm unless behind our backs they become strippers/hookers/pimps no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX

Usually his rules are the right ones. I told a priest that i listened to rap and reggaeton. Two very offensive genres and he told me its ok as long as I dont follow or commit any of the evil sins. ITs the understanding of rhythm which is something many have on earth. Anyways, Read the commandments and think Are these good things we should follow or are these bad to follow? Its an obvious answer you know iight

Thou shalt always be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.

&

Thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone, unless of course they pray to a different invisible man than you.

Two is all you need;

George Carlin on the Ten Commandments

Scythe
If he/she/it exists...which he/she/it most probably doesn't.

01100101 01111000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01101100 01111001 00101110 00101110 00101110

Bardock42
Originally posted by Scythe
01100101 01111000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01101100 01111001 00101110 00101110 00101110

Exactly.

JacopeX
Originally posted by SpadeKing
old people foolow it ermm unless behind our backs they become strippers/hookers/pimps no expression Im shaking my head after reading that sad

Bardock42
Im shaking my head after reading that sad

I think the percentage of old people following it might actually be higher though.

JacopeX
George carlin is just like every other one.....Very questioning but Its aiight, let them all wonder and one day they shall see the truth.

Bardock42
George carlin is just like every other one.....Very questioning but Its aiight, let them all wonder and one day they shall see the truth.

You are one of us too though, don't you think?

JacopeX
You are one of us too though, don't you think? Just that I dont question, I try to understand and think besidees the probability of jumping to conclusion ((sorry I couldnt find another way to explai nthat part laughing out loud ))

SpadeKing
Im shaking my head after reading that sad

sad part is................I was serious erm

Bardock42
Just that I dont question, I try to understand and think besidees the probability of jumping to conclusion ((sorry I couldnt find another way to explai nthat part laughing out loud ))

Err, and that is something you are proud of? You don't question? Lots of people don't question, we call them idiots. Come one Jacope, you are smarter than this, sure, believe in your God if you want, but no questioning, you didn't even decide to turn to Jesus then, you just never questioned.

LethalFemme

Sweetie unfortunately the rules change all the time for everything. As more people were allowed to read the bible as time grew on and as more as the society became mixed it sort of this big mass of hypocritical bullshit. A lot of people of today are what I call a "Convenient Christian" seeing as they're only religious when it's Convenient to themselves and it's the same for every other religion. erm But there are some true people who although religious aren't the hateful god fearing people of today. Unfortunately there are few very few.

JacopeX
Err, and that is something you are proud of? You don't question? Lots of people don't question, we call them idiots. Come one Jacope, you are smarter than this, sure, believe in your God if you want, but no questioning, you didn't even decide to turn to Jesus then, you just never questioned. I not proud of questioning actually. As you try to understand the ways of religion, you ask respectful questions like for example "Who is god?" Or " Will I go to heaven?" But george carlin was saying it in a kind of a disrespectful manner but Im not saying I have problems with it. But why question in that manner. Try to understand. I pretty much dont see how people cant belive in god or anything in the bible.

Bardock42
I not proud of questioning actually. As you try to understand the ways of religion, you ask respectful questions like for example "Who is god?" Or " Will I go to heaven?" But george carlin was saying it in a kind of a disrespectful manner but Im not saying I have problems with it. But why question in that manner. Try to understand. I pretty much dont see how people cant belive in god or anything in the bible.

You don't have to question in that manner, he wasn't really questioning though, he was pointing something out, something rather true I would even say.

But you have to question your own belief to even be able to truly decide that it is the right way, so, find out about other religions. Ask yourself what your own religion stands for, and if you can agree with it. And if you do, then be Religious.

JacopeX
You don't have to question in that manner, he wasn't really questioning though, he was pointing something out, something rather true I would even say.

But you have to question your own belief to even be able to truly decide that it is the right way, so, find out about other religions. Ask yourself what your own religion stands for, and if you can agree with it. And if you do, then be Religious. Thats what im doing. I just started learning on my religion more decently. And I ment questioning as in a cold way sorry if I havent explained that.

Bardock42
Thats what im doing. I just started learning on my religion more decently. And I ment questioning as in a cold way sorry if I havent explained that. Well, it is clear now, so what are those questions you have. What is it you think to have found out so far?

JacopeX
Well, it si clear now, so what are those questions you have. What is it you think to have fount out so far? I found out more than I knew before. I have to be more thoughtful. anyways, Im learning even more even the smallest information on the stories and about the bible. Im just a beginner so yea.

Bardock42
I found out more than I knew before. I have to be more thoughtful. anyways, Im learning even more even the smallest information on the stories and about the bible. Im just a beginner so yea.

And what are you doing? Are you reading th Bible? Interpretations of teh Bible? History of Christianity?

BakaXero

Christians believes that Jesus Christ existed. that's why they are called Christian, it has nothing to do with following rules and Laws.

Although I agree that Adultery should be against the Christian and Jewish Belief. There is nothing about swearing to you child,

Catholicism is a Dinomination of Christianity. It may have been the religion that started it all for Christianity. Othr dinominations were formed as they have dissagree with some of the rules and teachings of Catholicism. Although Catholic must be strict with their beliefs many of their rules are also man made. The other thing about Catholics is we believe that if we sin and truly regret and will repent then we will be forgiven. but i feel that people abuse that belief.

Calling it a Theory is Doubting your beliefs if you truely believe it's true you would not call it a theory. Theory means it's possible but may not be True. People call it Religion because people Truly believe it to be true. unfortunately there are those who are raised as a christian and not taught it's beliefs. so they are less likely to believe but still say they are of that religion cause they were born into a family of that religion.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by lord xyz
if you believe in crap that makes no sense to anyone else but your kind, you're religious.

I mean come on, Jesus coming back from the dead for us because he loves us, that's fine but, everyone else thinks you're a ****ing moron.
Dumbass... I guess the word "tact" isn't in your vocabulary.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Dumbass... I guess the word "tact" isn't in your vocabulary.

He doesn't really need to be tactful, he has a right to his opinion just like Religious People.

Jonathan Mark
He doesn't really need to be tactful, he has a right to his opinion just like Religious People.
Was I disputing that? Don't put words in my mouth that aren't there.

However, I don't appreciate being called a "****ing moron" just because I call myself a Christan.

What would the great and wise Lord XYZ say if he knew my best friend was anti-Christan? So now my best friend thinks I'm a "****ing moron?" so now every non-Christan friend I have met thinks me a "****ing moron"?

XZY's statement that everyone who isn't a Christan thinks us to be "****ing morons" was incredibly unfounded and shows a clear lack of brains.

Bardock42
Was I disputing that? Don't put words in my mouth that aren't there.

However, I don't appreciate being called a "****ing moron" just because I call myself a Christan.

What would the great and wise Lord XYZ say if he knew my best friend was anti-Christan? So now my best friend thinks I'm a "****ing moron?" so now every non-Christan friend I have met thinks me a "****ing moron"?

XZY's statement that everyone who isn't a Christan thinks us to be "****ing morons" was incredibly unfounded and shows a clear lack of brains.

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with tact. That was my point.

Jonathan Mark
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with tact. That was my point.
Ok now I know why Janus hates debating with you...

Bardock42
Ok now I know why Janus hates debating with you...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of his style either.

Captain REX
Sweet. no expression

Alpha Centauri
I'm Jesus, and you all need to quit it.

-AC (Jesus)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.