Intangibilty vs Heat Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Since we saw in IC that Jonn phased through HV with no problem, has Superman lost his trump card?? Or will it go back to the status quo of
HV and Thus Superman >>>>>Manhunter?

And hasn't Jonn phased through Lasers before?? Why would hv, which is pretty much a laser, affect him?

Private Pion
J'onn phases through energy all the time.

UniOmni
Then why does he seem to be susceptible to hv?

Private Pion
I've never seen him get hurt by it while intangiable.

ThePittman

UniOmni
MM phasing was once described as shifting into another dimension altogether. There is no way hv should register when phased.

ThePittman
Originally posted by UniOmni
MM phasing was once described as shifting into another dimension altogether. There is no way hv should register when phased. Well that is a bit different then just passing your atoms through solid objects, however though if they are still part way in this universe then it still would apply though very limited.

Avalonofthewind
If I remember correctly, Preus blasted him right out of intangibility with his own heat vision. I'll have to double check it though.

UniOmni
Thats what i mean makes no sense. If MM leaves this dimension when he phases, does that make Hv an interdimensional attack??

grey fox
It doesn't make much sense.

From my understanding Phasing is simply moving your atoms through a solid object , yet atoms can still generate (and therefore take) heat .

Heat vision should cook you even if you have Omega level phasing.

Or we could just all blame it on The brat of steel being from our world.

Whittdawg92
no one will ever truly beat superman people, when are you going to recognize that? by some stupid technicality, superman will always win, even against MM.

Validus
Thats what i mean makes no sense. If MM leaves this dimension when he phases, does that make Hv an interdimensional attack??
Well HV isn't the only thing thats been effective on J'onn while phased.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Well HV isn't the only thing thats been effective on J'onn while phased.

What else has hurt him then ?

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Kyle and Hal have stopped him before. Wonder Woman's lasso though thats probably more acceptable. Silver Banshee affected him. Really, I hardly ever see J'onn phase through attacks.

Private Pion
I've seen him be hurt by sonics and fire (obviously) but not lasers or what not.

Accel
Originally posted by grey fox
Super Girl choking him.

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by Accel
Super Girl choking him. laughing

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
Super Girl choking him.
laughing out loud

UniOmni
I can buy Oan energy stopping him from phasing, since it can do anything. The lassoe as well, since its made of high powered magic. But Silver Banshee makes no sense, because if he moves into another dimension while intangible, the sonic waves shouldn't affect him. Unless she too, wields an interdimensional attack, as does Superman?

ThePittman

UniOmni
We see them because its a comic book. People in the comics don't however. Thats why i thought Superman being able to pick out a phased martian was stupid, since they leave this dimension altogether.
Unless Superman now has the all seeing eyes.

batdude123
Superman has done that kind of thing before.

UniOmni
Thats not phasing as MM does. Superman just moves so fast in one position, that he appears to be intangible. I'd suspect CM or Ba can do the exact same thing, since its all based on physical speed. Superman can't lower the density of his body at will to pass through objects. Thats phasing. MM phases, but shifts into an entirely different dimension. There is no comparison.

batdude123
I wasn't comparing what they do in the first place. I know that it is completely different from what MM does. All I'm saying is that Superman has phased through heat blasts before.

Validus
We see them because its a comic book. People in the comics don't however. Thats why i thought Superman being able to pick out a phased martian was stupid, since they leave this dimension altogether.
Unless Superman now has the all seeing eyes.
Good point. Superman has failed to see J'onn when he rendered himself invisible.

UniOmni
But thats what i'm saying. That isn't an example of phasing. Too phase, one must have molecular control, at will. Superman doesn't have that. Superman just moved so fast that it appears energy went through him. Not the same. Its vibrating. Flash does the same thing. He isn't a phaser.

Private Pion
But thats what i'm saying. That isn't an example of phasing. Too phase, one must have molecular control, at will. Superman doesn't have that. Superman just moved so fast that it appears energy went through him. Not the same. Its vibrating. Flash does the same thing. He isn't a phaser.

Actually, Flash IS a phaser. He vibrates his molecules to pass through objects.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.