All Star Superman VS. The Keeper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Can the Keeper find a way to beat All Star Superman?

Battle takes place in space.

Debate.

Blair Wind
what is the bloody difference betweent All Star and regular Superman??

leonidas
he's like pre-c supes written at his best all the time and without his weaknesses.

all-star wins.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
All Star Superman was the writers way of bringing back Pre-Crisis level Superman without ruining the storyline lol.

I think he's supposed to be basically invincible.

I mean - he's immune to Kryptonite.

AND he can share his invulnerability with other things too!!

Plus he's strong:

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
It's a gigantic haydraulic press. smile

He's at STAR Labs and they're running tests on him since he had his long sundip.

He's pressing against the machine's maximum of 200 quintillion tons of pressure and the machine is busting.

UniOmni
Keeper Surfer?? If thats the case, all he has to do is speed up time around All Star. And he will die, since solar energy is whats killing him.

Rols
I say Keeper takes it, with PC and limitless energy of Q bands, he could probably amp strenth and durability to this Supes reincarnation level, The fight would be a very long one couse this supes is suppose to be Jugg level of durability or even above but his supposed to be dying so he would probably die before the fight is over, Keeper wins.

rotiart
Honestly I think Allstar would win. Most people don't seem to understand the title of Keeper. The reason the surfer became the Keeper was that after he attained the Quantam bands, he discovered a frequency of energy that was able to be created by the limitless energy of the bands that could feed Galactus. The Keeper was merely like a warden. He wasn't that strong, but he had what Galactus wanted at the time. Which was food, and the need to no longer have to keep going planethopping. Silver Surfer is Powerful, with bands even more so. But the fact is that as far as execution, my favorite gleaming hero has a lousy track record. Supers 9/10.

Jesse7
All stars Superman is like PC Superman, except he doesn't share the same weaknesses that PC superman had; in my opinion All-stars Superman>Pc Superman.

Adam Warlock
Aren't the solar energy in his cells killing him?

Invincible? Pffttt...

The Keeper could always overload his already loaded cells with more solar energy killing him quicker possibly instantaneously. Or he could drain the excess solar energy from his cells turning him back into his normal self.

Silver Surfer already possesses Cosmic Awareness. Now that he has the Quantum Bands, he has a direct link to Eon/Epoch, which is the source of all Cosmic Awareness in the Marvel Universe. The Keeper will find a way to beat him through his awareness. Sure it's cheap, but how else do you stop the unstoppable? Overload his power source, or simply drain it.

Keeper takes this.

Rols
Whats keeping the keeper from absorbing all that energy from allstar Supes or he could just heal allstar back to normal supes or giving him as much energy tell his cells finally cave in and dies or amp his strenth to go gazillion tons and beat him to a pulp.

Jesse7
I think ss cannot just drain AS superman, I imagine AS superman would be able to resist SS and possibly even reverse the draining effect on SS.

Rols
How would he resist the draining his not Bigblue supes, the cells automaticly absorbed the energy otherwise he would'nt be in this predacament, dying and all if his got full control of his body at subatomic level.

Jesse7
Well it is Superman and for the matter All-Stars Superman, my point being that I think he would have some sort of shielding which defends him from being manipulated on an energy and sub-atomic level. It is true that from absorbing he has become overcharged, but he was not aware of that prior, now that he is aware he could have developed a defense to it and to being over charged or drained, I think AS superman is the version of superman that was or still is developing new powers and abilities as the comic progresses; I.E. soul vision.

MattDay
200 quintillion with one arm... that wasnt his maximum guys, he'd limitless to a point where there is nothing he cant move... that IS the superman I know!

Rols
Allstar is not an energy manipulator, his body absorbes only solar energies, i dont know how he could suddenly produce anyshield against an absortion attack all of a sudden but it is Superman and all, you never know. I think Bigblue is alot more stronger than Allstar version.

He is not limitless in strenth, reason his body can only take him too far, this is why his dying.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by MattDay
200 quintillion with one arm... that wasnt his maximum guys, he'd limitless to a point where there is nothing he cant move... that IS the superman I know!

His strength will be gone if Keeper drains him of all that excess solar energy. He could also overload those cells. Normal Surfer could probably do the same. Add in the limitless potential of the Quantum Bands, it's over.

Punching will only get Superman so far.

Master Dan

MattDay
virtually invulnerable not practically, practically he has been knocked out and so on, what happened to looking up to the good guys? if society want bad guys then we are truly f*cked

Adam Warlock
Bump

Jesse7
About Surfer draining Supes of his solar energy, have you read the comic where the Sentry and Photon fight? Photon was constantly trying to drain The Sentry's energy, but the Sentry was able to stalemate it by absorbing just as quickly, and Photon surpassed the Surfer on energy manipulation, far surpassed him.

Supes is not a sitting target that will just give up his energy to his enemy, he will either keep surfer from absorbing his energy or absorb more energy then surfer can drain and faster then surfer too.

FYI Surfer cannot just instantly drain Supes of all his energy either, photon was unable to do that to Sentry, who is like a clone of Supes.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Jesse7
About Surfer draining Supes of his solar energy, have you read the comic where the Sentry and Photon fight? Photon was constantly trying to drain The Sentry's energy, but the Sentry was able to stalemate it by absorbing just as quickly, and Photon surpassed the Surfer on energy manipulation, far surpassed him.

Supes is not a sitting target that will just give up his energy to his enemy, he will either keep surfer from absorbing his energy or absorb more energy then surfer can drain and faster then surfer too.

FYI Surfer cannot just instantly drain Supes of all his energy either, photon was unable to do that to Sentry, who is like a clone of Supes.

Unfortunately Superman is not able to siphon/absorb energy from anywhere and everywhere like the Sentry can. Also, how do you know Photon surpasses Surfer in energy manipulation? It is at best, debatable.

The Surfer could do it. Not easily.

But Surfer wielding the Quantum Bands on the other hand...

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm...

Superman versus Thor = close match.

Superman with GL Ring versus Thor = Big Difference.

-----

Exactly the same with this match.

Any normal match where Supes goes against Surfer, I'd give Supes a fighting chance.

But not with the extra flexibility the Bands give Surfer.

Surfer wins 8-9/10

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7

FYI Surfer cannot just instantly drain Supes of all his energy either, photon was unable to do that to Sentry, who is like a clone of Supes. and genisis gets stronger as time goes on. how do you compare 2 different characters as the excact same level, they have never even guaged sentrys power. surfer has the quantum bands in this fight, that means
300x light speed, he can amp up his strength, power cosmic, planet destroying blasts(and up) etc x near limitless power.
nope dont see all star doing much, cept lose.

Validus
This is not even up for debate. Superman is screwed here.

bbrem123
its like putting supes up against galactus...he isnt winning

kgkg
normal Surfer beats All Star no need for Keeper

complexbrother
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/gallery/nexus/images/keeper.gif
he wins, you'll have to prove to me how he couldn't.

Avalonofthewind
At this point in time, SS 8/10.

The bands do a lot of Surfer, and All star hasn't shown things like T-vo.

I wouldn't put it past him to pull out a new power or device (a la Thanos) out of nowhere for a win though.

rotiart
I remember feeling so satisfied when I saw surfer become the keeper, and galactus and keeper develop a symbitoic relationship.

Keeper didn't really exhibit more power as everyone seems to think. the Quantam bands have "unlimited" energy, and can create any kind of energy construct quasar could think of. With surfers knowledge of galactus's appetite, it was just a matter of turning the energy of the bands into edible food for Galactus. I haven't read the comic since I was a kid, but i don't remember them even "fighting" Surfer just turned into a hot pocket.

Avalonofthewind
I think the quantum bands make the difference here. If it was Superman with Quantum bands vs SS, I'd give the same rating with SS on the losing end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.