Team Blue VS. Team Annihilation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Superman Blue
Captain Atom
Major Force

VS.

Team Annihilation:

Silver Surfer
Nova Richard Rider
Ronan The Accuser

No prep.

Battle takes place in space.

Debate.

UniOmni
Team Blue. All top tiers, and powerful too. Ronan isn't top tier. He has a top tier weapon, but he himself can't take near the damage necessary to be a big help. Surfer is the most powerful on the field, and while i believe he can take anyone on the opposing team for the majority, he can't do so alone. Nova is to much of a bad character, design and all to turn the tide.

Blair Wind
Blue Team...

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by UniOmni
Team Blue. All top tiers, and powerful too. Ronan isn't top tier. He has a top tier weapon, but he himself can't take near the damage necessary to be a big help. Surfer is the most powerful on the field, and while i believe he can take anyone on the opposing team for the majority, he can't do so alone. Nova is to much of a bad character, design and all to turn the tide.

Nova has the Worldmind advising him now which downloaded itself into his helmet. Plus he has full access to the Xanardian energy source.

Who's to say Ronan can't end it quickly with his Cosmic Rod?

Who's beaten Ronan again?

Oh wait, Silver Surfer. Oh, and Thor and Smasher from the Imperial Guard teamed up on him. The Annihilation Wave did a number on him. Who else has beaten him in a straight up fight? Why does everyone underestimate Ronan?

Blair Wind
Nova operates on a mechinal suit right? Wouldnt this work then (or something akin to it?)

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=empsupes2oe.jpg

Blue has aborsbsing feats that enhance him like:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/elec3.jpg

Plus his vision can act in determining any weaknesses the others may have.

Captain Atom is a beast Pre-Crisis, but I dont know much about him Post to say anything.

Silver Surfer could however hypothetically just drain Energy Supes (since he IS energy)

The same wouldnt work for CA, because that I know of he can actually MAKE himself solid.

Im saying blue, if somehow SS can get distracted enough for the team to take out the other two characters. Then its gang bang SS

Rols
The armor is supposed to shield anybody in proximity from the radiation in his body, it also helps contain the energy in his body. The worldmind is directly downloaded in his brain so its like another consciousness. Destroying the armor would just release uncontrollable powerfull energy that could probably take out both Ronan, Majorforce, and Captain atom which would also exhaust Nova, unable to continue fighting. It would be up to SS and Bigblue. I say Annihilation would take this.

Adam Warlock
Normal Nova's Gravimetric Pulse practically KO'd an alternate reality Thor and Iron Man. It also hurt Gladiator pretty bad. Nova has all the Xanardian energy that Supernova had. I remember Supernova tossing around the Avengers and FF4 awhile back. Nova could take either Atom or Force IMO with his GP.

This is not normal Nova. He got a big upgrade in Annihilation.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Normal Nova's Gravimetric Pulse practically KO'd an alternate reality Thor and Iron Man. It also hurt Gladiator pretty bad. Nova has all the Xanardian energy that Supernova had. I remember Supernova tossing around the Avengers and FF4 awhile back. Nova could take either Atom or Force IMO with his GP.

This is not normal Nova. He got a big upgrade in Annihilation. Co-signed. Not to mention that Surfer himself received an upgrade during Annihilation. I'm leaning towards Team Anni. The new Surfer and supercharged Nova are going to be to much for SuperBlue and Major Force. That leaves Captain Atom, who's Surferlite IMO.

Team Anni 7/10.

Broly92
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Co-signed. Not to mention that Surfer himself received an upgrade during Annihilation. I'm leaning towards Team Anni. The new Surfer and supercharged Nova are going to be to much for SuperBlue and Major Force. That leaves Captain Atom, who's Surferlite IMO.

Team Anni 7/10.
I agree

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Silver Surfer could however hypothetically just drain Energy Supes (since he IS energy)

Draining is one thing that wouldn't work on Superman Blue. As a matter of fact, he should be able to drain SS.

The respect forum is full of Superman draining energy absorbers, beings, objects..etc.

If Nova's suit is mechanical, wouldn't an EMP handle that?

Rols
Ive never seen SS being drained of energy in fight + his got a lot more experience in the control depatment than bigblue.

As for Nova, his armor is there to protect other people from the radiation his emitting and also to help regulate the energies at his command take it out hed be just blasting away till his exhausted.

Blair Wind
SS has been drained by Quasar....didnt do much, but he was using his own energy against him

Rols
I forgot about that, silly me. I still say SS could take out Bigblue in an energy dishing bout, better control, CA, I think has more raw energy, more versatile than bigblue.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Rols
Ive never seen SS being drained of energy in fight + his got a lot more experience in the control depatment than bigblue.

As for Nova, his armor is there to protect other people from the radiation his emitting and also to help regulate the energies at his command take it out hed be just blasting away till his exhausted.

Actually, that rhinocerous energy creature drained him pretty well recently.

I forgot about that, silly me. I still say SS could take out Bigblue in an energy dishing bout, better control, CA, I think has more raw energy, more versatile than bigblue.

Doubtful. Check his respect thread. Supes has even controled and matched psychic energy. No energy seemed to be out of his league.

Rols
So I hear, I didnt pick up that series, anyhow so he can be drained then.
What is this Supes powersource? I just checked the respect thread it didnt say anything. Everytime Supes gets new reincarnation of himself his uberly powerfull.
I still say SS have better control. It seems that Bigblue is made only to absorbed and cast same energy source he absorbed and it looks like electro magnetic is his main source. SS does not only absorbed and control diverse source of energy but manipulate it at subatomic level he can also manipulate anything around him. Ie. paper to gold, produce inveronmental sources, fixed decimated cities, evolutionary manipulation, etc.
Written to full capacities SS could probably shut off any energy sources.

UltimateStryfe
why isn't Drax the Destroyer on Team Annihilation????????

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Doubtful. Check his respect thread. Supes has even controled and matched psychic energy. No energy seemed to be out of his league.

CA made a friggen universe, remade the earth without even realizing it.....he is a quantam elemental, Im gonna say he outdishes BS....

but since they are on the same team it really doesnt mean anything

Rols
probably cause his not as strong as he was once, hopefull hell get his old powerset back in the upcoming issue of Annihilation.

Juntai
So I hear, I didnt pick up that series, anyhow so he can be drained then.
What is this Supes powersource? I just checked the respect thread it didnt say anything. Everytime Supes gets new reincarnation of himself his uberly powerfull.
I still say SS have better control. It seems that Bigblue is made only to absorbed and cast same energy source he absorbed and it looks like electro magnetic is his main source. SS does not only absorbed and control diverse source of energy but manipulate it at subatomic level he can also manipulate anything around him. Ie. paper to gold, produce inveronmental sources, fixed decimated cities, evolutionary manipulation, etc.
Written to full capacities SS could probably shut off any energy sources. Are you taking only high end showings then?
Superman Blue wrestled a King Angel, one of the most powerful beings in existance.
He was also taking on Celestial level beings --- The Millenium Giants.
They said if he ever understood the extent of his power, he was the most powerful being in the omniverse.
He could teleport, and control and disperse any energy.

Rols
Captain Atom is quite powerfull too but he does not seem to have the durability to take a lot of punishment. I seem to recall Supes damages his suit in a few hits.

Blair Wind
ahh but their in lies understanding of his powers. It was probably post crisis considering that whatever Atom thought, happened. He is a energy being right? Well in one issue he just "thought" himself solid and he was. He was learning to use his powers (right before he made the universe). So he could just think himself as durable as he wanted to be.

Avalonofthewind
CA made a friggen universe, remade the earth without even realizing it.....he is a quantam elemental, Im gonna say he outdishes BS....

but since they are on the same team it really doesnt mean anything

Pretty much, that's why I didn't bring it up.
I didn't think that version of CA was being used either. He can win this battle on his own.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
Are you taking only high end showings then?
Superman Blue wrestled a King Angel, one of the most powerful beings in existance.
They said if he ever understood the extent of his power, he was the most powerful being in the omniverse.

Well said. To answer his question, Superman Blue's "power source" was all and any energy available.

That includes things out of SS range. While SS controls PC and most forms of energy, Superman even controlled things like Psychic and Kinetic energy.

He out absorbed everyone who tried to absorb him. I highly doubt SS could absorb the Parasite...

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
Are you taking only high end showings then?

/QUOTE]

He wrestled Asmodel. Nice feat, but he didn't fight the guy.

Aquaman/Drippy affected a Millenium Giant. They were celestial analogues in all but showings.

Everybody is the most powerful being in the uni/multi/omni/megaverse when they get a powerup. Since its superman, does that make it any more true?
(DC being painfully and blatantly SuperCentric, happened to not care about justifying/explaining why him understanding the scope of his power makes him so powerful, beyond a universal level at that)

Do you think that Blue Superman could have more potential than an exceptionally strong willed Daxamite with a gl ring?? Sadam Yur iirc? Since the gl ring can do anything.

SS has controlled ke in the past. Though i don't understand how one controls psychic energy, unless one can control brainwaves, which makes them a telepath of sorts.

Rols
Buddy should read my post again, all that was mentioned is SS having better control in terms of energy manipulation than Bigblue. Didnt i mention that in every reincartnation of Supes his uberpowerfull this one included.

Ofcourse they're gonna say that, his Superman, his the most powerfull being in the universe, heck he could probably take out spectre w/host and back by the presence if the writers want him too. This is why i like the justice miniseries it shows there more vulnerable side.

Rols
What is his source of power? Why is he able to absorbed this kind of energy? What made him become this energy absorber and caster? They cant just change him to this without any explanation.

Blair Wind
well, it wasnt done very well. But from what I know, he was in the middle of the sun and it overloaded his powers (which is weird, Supers has been able to just chill in the sun before right?)

Thus his cells burst and became nothing but pure energy. He really is a pure energy being who is wearing a containment suit, but he can control it, heal it, and change his appreance...also in a Shazam type character trait, when ever he changed to his Clark Kent persona, he really did not have any powers. He was a regular human.

Avalonofthewind
What is his source of power? Why is he able to absorbed this kind of energy? What made him become this energy absorber and caster? They cant just change him to this without any explanation.

DC can and did.

They never gave a true explanation until Superboy Prime came along. It was his tampering with reality that caused Superman to become Superman Blue.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
DC can and did.

They never gave a true explanation until Superboy Prime came along. It was his tampering with reality that caused Superman to become Superman Blue.

confused really? I was always given the above explaination

Rols
Could you give me the issue on that?

Thanks, Roldz

Avalonofthewind
confused really? I was always given the above explaination

They always hinted towards the sundip and his time in Kandor after being affected by Tolos (a magical energy being) as the cause...but never explained it or completely backed it.

His change back to standard Supes was attributed to "We don't know..he did such a good job against the millenium giants that a higher force just changed him back!"

Avalonofthewind
Could you give me the issue on that?

Thanks, Roldz

I believe it was in the Infinite Crisis Special if I remember correctly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.