This just ran into my closet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
http://www.museums.org.za/bio/images/enb1/enb01448m.jpg

Oh yea, and it's my first off topic thread. Woot! Two years with just one, I dont know how I pulled it off.

Dawson
I hate cockroaches. Cockroaches and mosquitoes are the only bugs that I can't stand. I'm good with everything else, but not those. -shudder- I hate the giant ones that fly.

silver_tears
Thank god we don't have those here, I'd cry

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, the giant one that flies is the one hiding under a luggage bag right now. Damn exterminator doesn't come until saturday either. I should smush it, but the image of it flying into my face as I try to kill it prevents me from doing so.

Ew

Pink Maynard
So, you didn't kill it?

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

Oh yea, and it's my first off topic thread. Woot! Two years with just one, I dont know how I pulled it off.
Eeeek! I had a water bug that looked like a cockroach in my bathtub Sunday morning. I nearly screamed but didn't. Eugh..

Dawson
I'm lucky. The exterminator comes here often enough that, except on a rare occasion, I only see dead ones now. I watched one die at the eye doctor the other day. I felt no remorse watching it twitch.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Pink Maynard
So, you didn't kill it?

No, it's under too much crap(a luggage bag with a duffel bag and sneakers on top), itd fly away and I'd lose it. Or it would fly into my eyeball and lay it's evil demon spawn.

Pink Maynard
No, it's under too much crap(a luggage bag with a duffel bag and sneakers on top), itd fly away and I'd lose it. Or it would fly into my eyeball and lay it's evil demon spawn. laughing

Or it could come in and rape your eyeball whilst you sleep yes

silver_tears
where the hell do you people live? blink

Dawson
I know that I live in America. That's an American Cockroach, I'm assuming, rather than a German one?

GuitarBunny
when i used to live in nyc, i was surrounded by roaches. laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
I hear you Dawson, The only life I don't care to see extinguished infront of me are any insects that are not praying mantis. those are just too cool to watch. all the others can burn in a large pit

And Silver, I live in New York

Dawson
AF, you're fairly lucky. A few hours south of me, those things get to be like four inches long. I like a lot of insects, most infact, but I cannot stand cockroaches, and mosquitoes bug the hell out of me. And gnats. Gnats aren't fun either.

silver_tears
and you have flying cockroaches that look to be the size of my fist? ew ermm

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, Ive seen the uber huge ones Dawson, when Im in Puerto Rico. They get big enough to devour small children

Arachnoidfreak
**** IT CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET!

no that doest mean its gay

EDIT: it ran back in no expression

Dawson
Kill it. Now. I demand it.

Alpha Centauri
Don't kill it man, just let it out the window.

-AC

Dawson
No. Cockroaches must die. Not all of them though, because that could be bad. But if it comes into my house, it's dead.

Arachnoidfreak
YES! it came back out, wobbling, and i had put my sneakers on, and the stupid thing tried to fly, but the exterminator must have done a great job last month because the damn thing just fluttered on the ground and I stomped it so many times that its legs came off.

Picking them up is so gross. I need like 3 layers of paper towels.

Alpha Centauri
Out of order, you monster. You should have just let it out of the window. I doubt it wanted to be in your crib anymore than you wanted it there.

-AC

Dawson
It probably did, actually. Just think: you're an insect and you find somewhere that's never too cold, never too hot, and always has food and moisture. Would you not want to be there?

Arachnoidfreak
Yea Im a monster. But I have an air conditioner in my window(I was about to call it an AC, but I think that wouldnt have sounded right), and I wasnt about to pick the thing up to throw it out of the living room window.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Dawson
It probably did, actually. Just think: you're an insect and you find somewhere that's never too cold, never too hot, and always has food and moisture. Would you not want to be there?

You're thinking as a human, not a cockroach.

Yea Im a monster. But I have an air conditioner in my window(I was about to call it an AC, but I think that wouldnt have sounded right), and I wasnt about to pick the thing up to throw it out of the living room window.

Could have captured it, observed it, set it free at a later date.

These things can survive nuclear holocausts and live without their heads, we should be figuring out how the f*ck they can do it, not killing them, haha.

-AC

Dawson
I suppose I am thinking like a human. Cockroaches are just about the only animals that I refuse to touch, anything that can electrocute me or poison me at a touch aside.

Alpha Centauri
I never did get that.

A dog, on a whim, could tear your arm apart, cats can scratch eyes out. It's just animals that look "gross".

-AC

Dawson
What do you not get?

Of course they could. I have no problem with animals that are traditionally considered "gross" besides cockroaches. I do not like roaches because they live in my food and carry diseases, not because they look gross. For the record, I like Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, just not American and German ones.

Bardock42
What did? Was it Tom Cruise? It was Tom Cruise, wasn't it? And now he doesn't want to get out of the closet, does he? Tom Cruise doesn't want to get out of the closet, is that what you are saying? Man, your ass is sued....in ENGLAND.

WrathfulDwarf
If you live in an apartment then just have your landlord fumigate the place. Those roaches spread and multiply fast.

RogerRamjet
Yea, the giant one that flies is the one hiding under a luggage bag right now. Damn exterminator doesn't come until saturday either. I should smush it, but the image of it flying into my face as I try to kill it prevents me from doing so.

Ew

what? you'd rather have it runnig about in your room while you're sleeping? go and kill that damn thing!

Edit: good job!

Alpha Centauri
What do you not get?

Of course they could. I have no problem with animals that are traditionally considered "gross" besides cockroaches. I do not like roaches because they live in my food and carry diseases, not because they look gross. For the record, I like Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, just not American and German ones.

You'll have to excuse Bardock, he's mildly mental.

I meant I don't get how some people fear certain animals, it's nothing bad, just confusing. Pigeons, to me, are disgusting, not fascinating in the least. Yet I find rats to be extraordinary. Dangerous, yes, but also amazing survivors. The fact that they can survive a war that would kill everything else but bacteria is more or less a crowning achievement.

They do look a bit lame though.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I never did get that.

A dog, on a whim, could tear your arm apart, cats can scratch eyes out. It's just animals that look "gross".

-AC

Well, although i see your reasoning, I have this unreasonable disgust for some animals as well...it's probably years of conditioning.....

The Pict
roaches don't "live" without their heads.

"If your head is severed, your heart will stop almost instantly and you will therefore die almost instantly. If you cut the head off a chicken, its heart will continue to beat until it runs out of blood and until that time, the chicken will still be able to move (hence the euphemism). Its probaby about the same for a roach. Its not that it really stays alive, it just takes longer to die."

plus roaches have nothing on slugs.
sick

Alpha Centauri
It can live for days and, I heard, weeks on end without its head. I'd call that living.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, even without it's head a roach searches for food, its ****ing freaky.

And studying it would have been great if I didn't hate the damn things.

One day I want a tarantula in a huge glass case, and I'm going to feed it roaches that I find.

Bloigen
The number one cause of bug deaths is my foot/newspaper/anything I can hit it with.

The Pict
It can live for days and, I heard, weeks on end without its head. I'd call that living.

-AC

no i mean they "survive" but thats different from living. without their heads they just stay in one spot not doing anything. so i doubt we could learn anything from them.

Arachnoidfreak
not cool, you just skipped over my post

Dawson
You'll have to excuse Bardock, he's mildly mental.

I meant I don't get how some people fear certain animals, it's nothing bad, just confusing. Pigeons, to me, are disgusting, not fascinating in the least. Yet I find rats to be extraordinary. Dangerous, yes, but also amazing survivors. The fact that they can survive a war that would kill everything else but bacteria is more or less a crowning achievement.

They do look a bit lame though.

-AC

I cannot think of an animal that I fear. I am not afraid of roaches, I simply do not like them in the least. I hold a certain respect for any animal that could kill me, but I am not afraid of them. Rats are said to make great pets because of their intelligence.

And cockroaches can live for up to a week without their heads because their brain is not located in their head. A small portion of their nervous system is in their head, but most of their "brain" is spread throughout the underside of their body. They eventually die of dehydration or starvation. They do move, and live in all aspects except that they cannot eat or drink.

The Pict
(3) "The cockroach is a poikilotherm or cold blooded animal. They need much less food and a one day meal would be enough to last them a whole month as long as they were not extremely active. Without a head the cockroach would just sit around without doing anything much."

Dawson
Originally posted by The Pict
(3) "The cockroach is a poikilotherm or cold blooded animal. They need much less food and a one day meal would be enough to last them a whole month as long as they were not extremely active. Without a head the cockroach would just sit around without doing anything much."

Well, considering it would be unable to eat, that's feasible. They would probably do something more if they did much besides eat.

Arachnoidfreak
They do do something besies eat, they terrorize entire families and eat children.

Dawson
Eating children is eating. erm
And they terrorize entire families while eating their children.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Pict

That's hardly staying in one spot, not doing anything.

Doing nothing and not doing much are two different things.

-AC

Morning_Glory

ummm.. welcome!... and did you squish it!

DarkC

I'd scream, grab a canister of Axe deoderant and a lighter.

Dawson
Just don't get the lighter too close to the can, and make sure the flame doesn't run up the spray. That aside, go ahead.

Spawn_Master
Yea, Ive seen the uber huge ones Dawson, when Im in Puerto Rico. They get big enough to devour small children Are you F*cking serious? shock

Dawson
Of course he's not. But they do come much larger than what most of us see in our homes. I had a teacher once who told use stories about the roaches in Lousiana. -shudder- Very large with fully developed wings.

Spawn_Master
A cockroach crawled under my computer chair once while I was at the computer. I had my feet up, I saw this little figure shift across the carpet, looked down, and screamed "HOLY F*CK!".

I picked him up with a little container, studied him skuttling around, and threw him out the front door. erm

Arachnoidfreak
Eating children is eating. erm
And they terrorize entire families while eating their children.

I was hoping you wouldn't point that out.

Do roaches crap? Child-sized mounds of roach poo would count as something other than eating. I think it'd be littering. Polluting? Something or other.

Dawson
I was hoping you wouldn't point that out.

Do roaches crap? Child-sized mounds of roach poo would count as something other than eating. I think it'd be littering. Polluting? Something or other.

Of course they crap. They eat, they crap. Simple logic.

wee-ang
My mum stays in NY and only buys cereal for me visiting.....needless to say the pack is usually jumpin with roaches........eeeeeeeewwwwwwww, i cant deal with anything like that spiders flies bees wasps KILL THEM ALL!

Dawson
I like spiders. I like honey, and, thus bees. As long as they leave me alone, I like wasps too. It's just cockroaches that bug me.

Arachnoidfreak
Of course they crap. They eat, they crap. Simple logic.

yea, but insects dont produce the waste that we do. some reuse their crap(some mammals do as well which is just disgusting). thats what i was wondering

Dawson
yea, but insects dont produce the waste that we do. some reuse their crap(some mammals do as well which is just disgusting). thats what i was wondering

They just run it through their systems again to pull out any nutrients they missed the first time around. Very efficient. Eventually, what can't be used will come out the other end.

Arachnoidfreak
Right, so back to those human child sized piles of dung...

A.J
Originally posted by wee-ang
My mum stays in NY and only buys cereal for me visiting.....needless to say the pack is usually jumpin with roaches........eeeeeeeewwwwwwww, i cant deal with anything like that spiders flies bees wasps KILL THEM ALL! yeah but we both know how cheap your mum is wink

wee-ang
omg aj ...........you know her so well.

A.J
omg aj ...........you know her so well. yes know her very well wink

wee-ang
cheap and nasty! lmfao

-Tired Hiker-

OMG!!! Those little bastards are the bane of my existence right now! I flush like three of those down the toilet every night! You don't happen to live in the Nevada desert, do you??? blink

wee-ang
no sir,........stinky hot nyc

A.J
cheap and nasty! lmfao which mad

lol not like you off course wink

A.J
no sir,........stinky hot nyc laughing i still wanna go there when im older wink

wee-ang
ok so my "mum" is cheap and nasty........and nyc stinks when its hot!!! roaches everywhere not to mention rats as big as a small child!!!!!!

Arachnoidfreak
I don't mind the rats so much, it's cool when you're in the subway staring at the track and then it starts moving. Funny little camoflauged rats.

Alpha Centauri
They are like that, actually.

Come out with rope around them, ski masks. "Go go go go go!"

-AC

Technicolor
I just about cried when i opened this thread... i can't stand them. Florida's infested with them, but they call them palmetto bugs and theyre big and scary and im afraid of them weep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.