most boring ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
which movies you think have the most boring ending ?

the ending of X2 was lame. nothing happend at the end. just proffessor X sitting in the mansion talking to the students.

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by diabloman
which movies you think have the most boring ending ?

the ending of X2 was lame. nothing happend at the end. just proffessor X sitting in the mansion talking to the students.
No, he looked out the window and smiled. Then a student (Jubilee I think) Asked if everything was alright and he said "Its going to be." Hinting that he knew Jean was still alive. But after that it had Jean's narration, as we saw the firebird reaching the top of Alkali Lake. X2's ending was great!

A horrible ending was the movie Darkness. The movie was horrible

Dusty
A History of Violence. Awful ending.

diabloman
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
No, he looked out the window and smiled. Then a student (Jubilee I think) Asked if everything was alright and he said "Its going to be." Hinting that he knew Jean was still alive. But after that it had Jean's narration, as we saw the firebird reaching the top of Alkali Lake. X2's ending was great!

A horrible ending was the movie Darkness. The movie was horrible right at the end when hes talking to the students at the desk in the mansion thats where the credits start.

Bardock42
I was quite dissapointed at the ending of One Hour Photo. Oh well. Not horrible though.

LiL nAstY GirL
right at the end when hes talking to the students at the desk in the mansion thats where the credits start.

No, after the Phoenix fire bird the credits go.

diabloman
No, after the Phoenix fire bird the credits go. the phoenix crap was right before the next scene when professor is in the mansion

LiL nAstY GirL
the phoenix crap was right before the next scene when professor is in the mansion
Watch it again little boy, I am sure the Phoenix was the last scene

Dusty
I second Lil Nasty.

diabloman
Watch it again little boy, I am sure the Phoenix was the last scene put your specs on sugar and you will see.

office jesus
put your specs on sugar and you will see.

Dude. What film were you watching? X2's ending was a HELL of a lot better than the first one. As the camera passes over the lake, the outline of an orange phoenix appears, THEN the credits start. Watch it again.

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by Dusty
I second Lil Nasty. Originally posted by office jesus
Dude. What film were you watching? X2's ending was a HELL of a lot better than the first one. As the camera passes over the lake, the outline of an orange phoenix appears, THEN the credits start. Watch it again.

hug Thank you both happy

diabloman
hug Thank you both happy just watched the end and right after xavier is talking with the kids. jean starts saying crap about mutant evolution. just her talking doesnt show her face or nothing. then credits start

LiL nAstY GirL
just watched the end and right after xavier is talking with the kids. jean starts saying crap about mutant evolution. just her talking doesnt show her face or nothing. then credits start

It shows the Fire bird heading towards the surface of the lake... like I said. no expression

diabloman
well then thats a lame ending if its just showing the bird. no phoenix action.

LiL nAstY GirL
No, it gets you excited for the next one. Originally the fire bird was suppose to be in X3 but it was cut. They wanted people to get pumped. I remember screaming out "Holy **** its Phoenix!" During the end. I was shaking when I left. It was one of the best endings to a movie I've seen

diabloman
No, it gets you excited for the next one. Originally the fire bird was suppose to be in X3 but it was cut. They wanted people to get pumped. I remember screaming out "Holy **** its Phoenix!" During the end. I was shaking when I left. It was one of the best endings to a movie I've seen only showed a little firebird on the river there or lake what ever. that was no entertaining at all.

LiL nAstY GirL
It was a brilliant ending. It set up for a sequel perfectly. Though what it set up for fell through, it was still a perfect ending. It showed that Jean wasn't dead, and she was coming back as Phoenix, to be shown in the NEXT movie. Good movies tend to end on a cliff hanger, it sells seats for the sequel

diabloman
It was a brilliant ending. It set up for a sequel perfectly. Though what it set up for fell through, it was still a perfect ending. It showed that Jean wasn't dead, and she was coming back as Phoenix, to be shown in the NEXT movie. Good movies tend to end on a cliff hanger, it sells seats for the sequel its more entertaining if theres action or something sad. like kingkong thats a good ending when he falls and she cries.

Impediment
King Kong had a mediocre ending. He falls, he dies, she cries. Woo.

T.M

I have to agree with you there... I love A History Of Violence but the ending was very poor.

fini
ummmmm nearly alll movies ( even action ones) dont end overly exciting. X2 ended great, left you with a great tease of the image of the pheonix, it was great. If u cant see that, then u should only watch movies where someone gets shot and then the person looks into the camera and then the credits roll. hehe

And thats the standard ending for King Kong.

Epsilon
The Village. Frickin' suckage.

Aurora
I think that boring doesn't always equal bad. I think that LOTR: Return of the King had a LONG boring ending, but it was wrapping up three movies so it was understood. But still the end keeps going and going and going......

GODOFALL1
The bad ending was Kill Bill II. What a crappy ending. Pai Me tought you the five finger exploding heart technique? Then he walks off and dies. Horrible. However Million Dollor Baby has the second worse ending ever, and by the way is the worst movie of all time. And Open Water has the WORST ending of any movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

T.M
Saving Private Ryan was really bad too IMO..

Fiann@
its more entertaining if theres action or something sad. like kingkong thats a good ending when he falls and she cries. The ending of X2 was what is known as quite subtle. It allowed for the re-emergance of Jean Grey, but also left it open for the next movie to take a different direction.

Obviously for the idiots in the back row, it went right over their head. Much of them X-Men comics is about emotions and the characters as much as the action, the film-makers were playing on that rather than having a giant firebird swallow a sun at the end of the movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Solo
Horrible film

I also second on whoever stated that "Saving Private Ryan" has a bad ending.

C-Dic
"Dracula". Great movie, but it ended so abruptly that it made no sense.

systemshock2
War of the Worlds and The Return of the King have probably some of the most boring anticlimatic endings I've ever seen. But to give credit to each, they were strictly following the endings of the novels they were based on.

Icicle
Originally posted by Epsilon
The Village. Frickin' suckage.

I agree!!!
To bad though because it was such a great movie!

diabloman
that was a stupid ending of forest gump when he lets the feather fly away.

Myth
Originally posted by systemshock2
War of the Worlds and The Return of the King have probably some of the most boring anticlimatic endings I've ever seen. But to give credit to each, they were strictly following the endings of the novels they were based on.

Right on. I thought the LOTR movies were too long as they were, but to have 17 or so finishing scenes that lasted like 30 minutes..... mad

War of the Worlds was even worse. After 2.5 hours, "Oh boy, the aliens are dying and we had nothing to do with it. Yippie!"

Alpha Centauri
When I saw the ending to X2 I remember thinking "Great, months worth of a comic saga that they'll cut short, bastardise and change to suit the masses."

It didn't "excite" me. I was right, too.

-AC

SnakeEyes

Couldn't agree more.

Quite possibly the worst ending I have ever viewed.

The movie wasn't that great either. wink

GODOFALL1
nothing can be as bad as Open Water

office jesus
its more entertaining if theres action or something sad. like kingkong thats a good ending when he falls and she cries.

Kong had a theater ending. IE, VERY PREDICTABLE. Everyone knew what was going to happen. You wouldn't know entertainment if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.

office jesus
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
When I saw the ending to X2 I remember thinking "Great, months worth of a comic saga that they'll cut short, bastardise and change to suit the masses."

It didn't "excite" me. I was right, too.

-AC

Yeah. I'll admit, I didn't appreciate the film. The only thing I liked was Kelsey's portrayal of Beast. Did justice to the character.

naty`sweet
the most boring ending....well...almost the hole fil was boring...i`m refering to "Tamara"...have you seen that movie?bleah...the worst horror movie ever...exept "jeepers creepers..." laughing out loud

HellMaster93
King Kong sucked. an ending needs no action. an ending should:
a) tie up events, no action needed.
b) set up a sequel if wanted and get you pumped with a hint, EG Phoenix bird under water, Joker card in Batman Begins etc...

Bloigen
that was a stupid ending of forest gump when he lets the feather fly away.

I thought that was a good ending, everything wrapped up and it ended how it started with the feather. Plus, the feather of a dove flying is some biblical thing.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Bardock42
I was quite dissapointed at the ending of One Hour Photo. Oh well. Not horrible though.

Me too He could of at least killed the couple for something intresting ...i mean to me they had the makings of a good movie like many the last third of the movie let it down

Rapscallion
Originally posted by T.M
Saving Private Ryan was really bad too IMO..

i agree the bookends with the older private ryan in the cemetery are weak. it kinda makes up for it though with the last image.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by HellMaster93
King Kong sucked. an ending needs no action. an ending should:
a) tie up events, no action needed.
b) set up a sequel if wanted and get you pumped with a hint, EG Phoenix bird under water, Joker card in Batman Begins etc...

shoot. don't mean to double post but, that is pretty lousy criteria for an ending. You really think setting up a sequal is that important to an ending? Casablanca, vertigo, Citizen kane, Schindler's List, lawrence of Arabia, the godfather, and Scarface don't sety up sequels (true they're not needed) and most don't rap anything up, not really.(Lawrence of Arabia, Schindler's List, Scarface, the godfather)

Bloigen
Originally posted by ladygrim
Me too He could of at least killed the couple for something intresting ...i mean to me they had the makings of a good movie like many the last third of the movie let it down

It just got stupid when he has the dream where his eyes explode. no expression

I mean, WTF WAS THAT?

pinkfloydkor
The Grudge, the most weird, confusing stupid music playing, terrible ending movie ever. The 2nd one is gonna be even worse

Wolfie
Yeah, The Grudge had an abrupt and pointless ending.

Speaking of which, The Final Cut's ending was pretty abrupt as well. Though I enjoyed the rest of the movie.

vvvrulz
Bi-Centennial Man wins this, although the whole movie was pretty damn boring.

Grimm22
-War of the Worlds: The kid obviously died and he just SHOWS up in Boston and why is Boston the only town not completely destroyed?!?! What the f**k?

- 40 Year Old Virgin: Loved the movie, but the ending is nowhere near the quality of the movie or of the ending of Anchorman for that matter

- History of Violence: Gotta say that the movie was good except for the random and unnessacary sex scenes that were more disturbing than they were attractive. Oh and the ending wasnt even an ending it just ended?!?

Roland
History of Violence: Was a great movie, the sex scenes were supposed to show a difference in Vigo's character from what the DVD told me stick out tongue, by having the Husband/Wife "type" sex and then the gangster "type" sex on the stairs. But I do agree the ending was just lame.

40 Year Old Virgin: I thought the ending was funny like the rest of the movie. big grin

War of The Worlds was just utter crap, sorry, but it was.

As far as King Kong goes it was a remake so how could they have ended it anyway else? (I know they could have had a diff. ending but just saying that it was supposed to end that way.) Though when Jack Black said "It was beauty that killed the beast. ." I actually laughed in the theater.

Solo
The second half of both Wedding Crashers and The 40 Year Old Virgin was horrible.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Grimm22
-War of the Worlds: The kid obviously died and he just SHOWS up in Boston and why is Boston the only town not completely destroyed?!?! What the f**k?

CAUSE BOSTON KICKS ASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BEANTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry had to get that out. nothin' beats some good old fashiond expression of Boston elitist-ish-ness

Wolfie
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Bi-Centennial Man wins this, although the whole movie was pretty damn boring.
I thought the ending of Bicentennial Man was on-par with the rest of the movie. Robin Williams, in the end, is finally considered human, which was his life-long dream. It's kind of like a sci-fi Pinnochio in that respect.

Roland
Originally posted by Rapscallion
CAUSE BOSTON KICKS ASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BEANTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry had to get that out. nothin' beats some good old fashiond expression of Boston elitist-ish-ness

Damn Bostonians. . mad stick out tongue

Scottie
Jarhead had a pretty shity ending...the rest of the movie was good but it was let down at the end

.Dance_Inside.
I thought Bicentennial man was going to be funny. I was wrong

Wolfie
Why? Because of Robin Williams? For the most part, Williams is a comic actor, but he has done some serious roles. You have to know what you're getting into when seeing one of his movies.

I thought Bicentennial Man was a heartwarming film with some light humor in it. It wasn't joke-driven though.

Dusty
I actually saw Bicentennial man yesterday. It's a very heart-warming story. Agreed.

The older Robin Williams has a face that you could cry over. A very sad face.

I found it hilarious when Robin Williams was being told about sex. laughing

Wolfie
I don't remember that part, it's been so long. I loved the part where they're trying to teach him how to tell a joke.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Roland
Damn Bostonians. . mad stick out tongue

thankyou smile

vvvrulz
Bi-Centennial Man had potential for sure, and it had a couple of good moments. But after a while it just started to drag on !

By the end, I wasn't too fussed how anything ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.