What do you think would happen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Sometimes this question is never answered, so I thought I'd make a thread about it....What do you think will happen if you don't worship god? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
I continue to exist as normal.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sometimes this question is never answered, so I thought I'd make a thread about it....What do you think will happen if you don't worship god? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then you would not be worshiping god.

debbiejo
Oh, you guys are just too easy.......

*waits for others*

Regret
You'd burn...burn in hellllllll!!!!!!

blowup laughing laughing

Alliance
appatently...hell implies spontaneous combustion laughing

Regret
Originally posted by Alliance

That too, all bad things would happy to debbiejo laughing laughing

Bardock42

If you read some hellblazer, you actually get scared of hell, I seriously hope there is no God.

Alliance
hellblazer?

debbiejo
why not implosion, why not.....no longer existing.........better don't you think?

Kinda like a Ren and Stempy thing.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
If you read some hellblazer, you actually get scared of hell, I seriously hope there is no God. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Bardock42
hellblazer?

Yeah...damn great comic.

Alliance
*googles*

debbiejo
Post link?...............It's about bedtime here............ huh

Alliance
i dunno, i just looked at the cover art.

Storm
In this life or in the afterilfe?

debbiejo
I guess my question is more like this:

It could be either, what would god think or do if you decided to not give him/her/It worship? Would there be some penalty or not. Would god suddenly disown you. Would god turn his/her/its back on you? What would ultimately become of you.

Alliance
Hence my counter-thread: What do you think wouldn't happen.

debbiejo
oh god..........

Alliance
yes?

debbiejo
Yeah...........??

Alliance
yes?

debbiejo
laughing out loud ^^

Where are all the hard core Christians???? confused

Alliance
Thinking this is an agnostic forum...

debbiejo
I wish they'd visit..........Because I'd really like to know their view...

*waits*

Alliance
I whish this forum was somthing beyond an pretty straight forward Chtistian-Agnostic-Athiest-Shakya debate.

debbiejo
Shaky debate.........laughing out loud

Btw, I don't fit into any of those catagories...

*still waiting*

Regret
I guess my question is more like this:

It could be either, what would god think or do if you decided to not give him/her/It worship? Would there be some penalty or not. Would god suddenly disown you. Would god turn his/her/its back on you? What would ultimately become of you.

Parable of the prodigal son.

He'd let you do your thing and be happy if you came back...

He loses his portion of the inheritance though, so whatever blessings he would have had are now gone.

In my religion typically this inheritance is referred to as spiritual and priesthood blessings. I have also heard people refer to it as the talents as described in the parable of the talents, where one of them buries it, and so is not given more to invest. We typically believe that the talents parable was referring to talents we have (i.e. singing, various musical, a talent for discernment, understanding, patience, etc. basically anything that could be lumped in there.)

I would assume that the son is able to make gains, and could eventually be rather well off again. But it would probably be more difficult to do without the inheritance capital to work with.

I think it is interesting that the "good" son gets upset when the prodigal returns. What is his lot if he continued that resentment? Would he come to be in a worse position, even though he was always the "good" son?

Another look at this parable is that the prodigal son is Israel as it shunned Christ, the good son is the Gentiles that accept Christ's message. Will those "Christians" be upset if Christ comes back, and the Jews accept him and he welcomes them back without any reservation?

Or were the Gentiles initially the prodigal son, and Israel was the "good" son? When Christ accepted the Gentiles, was that the prodigal son's return? Did the Jews respond similar to the parable?

Now, how did I fit into the Chtistian-Agnostic-Athiest-Shakya debate? Am I considered Christian in this group, or was I just not in the debate? wink

Alliance
Most people fit into categories big grin

Regret
Most people fit into categories big grin

Wasn't sure if non-Christians lumped Mormons with the mainstream Christians or not wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.