What do you think wouldn't happen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
What do you think wouldn't happen if you didn't worship a god(s)?

debbiejo
Is this proper English???

I'm scared.

Alliance
I don't know...I'm not English.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Is this proper English???

I'm scared.

Yes.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
What do you think wouldn't happen if you didn't worship a god(s)? ok........nothing..........that's my answer.....

Shakyamunison
The God would worship you. no expression no expression

Alliance
ok nothing wouldn't happen if you didn't believe or ok nothing happened if you didn't believe

debbiejo
Quit confusing me with those negatives.

Alliance
I'm confusd too. sad

Bardock42
I guess a lot of people wouldn't go to church then, so that, for one, wouldn't happen.

Regret
I'd enjoy orgies a lot more often...oh wait, women still probably wouldn't like that.

debbiejo
ok nothing wouldn't happen if you didn't believe or ok nothing happened if you didn't believe ok....let me break it down for myself...

correct Correct

allright I agree correct???? confused

Alliance
i dunno

what do you think?

Alliance
I'm all posted out.

debbiejo
I'm brain dead........... blink

I think you just killed my favorite brain cell........

Alliance
1UP

debbiejo
Yet, tomorrow is another day......... wink

Regret
unless it doesn't happen because I didn't believe eek!

debbiejo
Have I been here before...

*checks other thread*

Alliance
maybe it didn't or doesn't happen because you didn't think you don't believe eek!

debbiejo
STOP IT!

Alliance
embarrasment

mad

Regret
blink ..... What the f**k?

debbiejo
MUST

GO

TO

BED.............Must .Revitalize brain cell..............

Alliance
Once they're gone they're gone kid.

debbiejo
Noooooooooo.....

Actually they always make new connections........... wink

Each neuron can make contact with thousands or even tens of thousands of others, via tiny structures called synapses. Our brains form a million new connections for every second of our lives.

I'm ok now............ big grin

Alliance
Thats correct, but really you don't grow very many new ones post-natal. Once a neuron dies, its gone. (hence why paralysis is not cured like broken bones)

debbiejo
At least we can make new connections............As for your thread, it's not doing very well... stick out tongue

Alliance
From my understanding "connections" is a psychological term...It does not imply the growth of new dendrites/axons.

and I dont care stick out tongue...its a forum

debbiejo
Neurons always make connections as is proved by new learning skills mental and physical..........

And I don't want your thread to die..........I have compassion............a fruit of the spirit...........lol

Imperial_Samura

-I wouldn't be struck by lightening.
-I wouldn't be plague by misfortune and horror
-My life wouldn't be bereft of meaning or purpose
-I wouldn't become an amoral killing machine that eats babies
-I wouldn't be incapable of achieving all I wished and reaching incredible heights of success
-I wouldn't have to attribute those same incredible heights of success to the God while accepting mistakes as my own (because both success and failure is all mine, not any gods)
-I wouldn't spend huge amounts of time praying and wondering why the prayers aren't answered and so on.
-I wouldn't be going to hell.
-I wouldn't be missing out on anything

How do I know this? Because I don't actually worship a God (gods) (though I like Ganesh and Buddha on a conceptional basis and Sol Invictus is a cool name) - and none of that has happened. A life just as full, happy and free (if not more so) as any believer has been mine.

autumn dreams

Nothing. You assume there actually IS a God to worship. There probably isn't, therefore, not believing in, or worshipping a God, will have no ill effects at all.

Alliance
You assume I have beliefs I don't. Its a perfectly valid question.

autumn dreams
You assume I have beliefs I don't. Its a perfectly valid question.

Of course it is a valid question-I never said it wasn't. I honestly don't think anything would happen if we didn't worship a God. I don't worship a God, and nothing has happened to me, touch wood... wink

Alliance
Why the fear?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.