Spawn to end at #200?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
so online they say it might end at 200 others say that macfarlane wouldnt let that happend to his brain child known as spawn, and others say that todd himself wanted spawn or wants spawn to go up to the five hundreds in issue numbers but doesnt wanna get like the other companies who make all kinds of new series for a gimic i think thats what he ment big grin

FG725
Well I hope it doesn't go so long that it sucks. But spawn just hasnt been the same since todd stopped drawing it

A.J
that what my uncle said, since todd stopped its shit, he has made to much money to care

Juntai
Originally posted by A.J
that what my uncle said, since todd stopped its shit, he has made to much money to care Hes got money but hes not worth as people might think.. remember his bankrupcy and lawsuits and stuff?

A.J
Originally posted by Juntai
Hes got money but hes not worth as people might think.. remember his bankrupcy and lawsuits and stuff? no tell tell smile

Big Sexy
Originally posted by A.J
no tell tell smile Well he is kinda a greedy b%stard which is why he had a falling out with Wildstorm. This is why Wildstorm is now part of DC and how they can put Captain Atom in comics with Majestic. He also had a problem with the creator of the Spawn character Cogliostro, which I suspect is the reason they axed him from the comic and replace him with the man of miracles.

FG725
Remember the whole Angela incident..

Big Sexy
Originally posted by FG725
Remember the whole Angela incident.. I am unaware of an incident with that character.

HellMaster93
My God... I never realised McFarlaner was such a *****...

Takion
Wiki, 1993, McFarlane contracted Neil Gaiman (as well as other recognized authors like Frank Miller and Dave Sim) to write one issue of his Spawn series. While doing so, Gaiman introduced the characters Cogliostro, Angela, and Medieval Spawn. All three characters continued to be featured prominently in the series after Gaiman's involvement, and had many tie-ins with McFarlane's toy company. Cogliostro had a prominent role in the live-action movie in 1997. McFarlane had agreed that Gaiman retained creator rights on the characters but later claimed that Gaiman's work had been work-for-hire and that McFarlane owned all of Gaiman's creations entirely. McFarlane had also refused to pay Gaiman for the volumes of Gaiman's work he republished and kept in print. In 2002, Gaiman filed suit and won a sizeable judgement against McFarlane and Image Comics.

WrathfulDwarf
They might end the current series and re-launch a new series in a few months. Currently I have no clue as to what Spawn is up to but a new series might be worth picking up.

Mider
in all truth i just dont wanna have to collect to many comics lol my closet is already full of them, and i really have a hard time thinking of how you can top the war of heaven and hell, i mean DC had one but then they go back to things below heaven and hell, crisis was big time but it wasnt heaven and hell level, but i guess whatever sells comics huh, i hope that they end spawn with dignity and with total coolness and dont allow it to become drawn out, and lame, its an excellent looking series oozing with originality not just cause of todd but cause of everyone involved, weather cancelled now or later, i would hope it went down in comic book history i believe it will, but just some advice to todd lol like he'll read this.......go out with a bang not a fizzle in the comic world.

FG725
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They might end the current series and re-launch a new series in a few months. Currently I have no clue as to what Spawn is up to but a new series might be worth picking up.
alot of relaunchs didnt end up to well in my opinion Spiderman for instance sucked with their relaunch
Originally posted by Mider
in all truth i just dont wanna have to collect to many comics lol my closet is already full of them, and i really have a hard time thinking of how you can top the war of heaven and hell, i mean DC had one but then they go back to things below heaven and hell, crisis was big time but it wasnt heaven and hell level, but i guess whatever sells comics huh, i hope that they end spawn with dignity and with total coolness and dont allow it to become drawn out, and lame, its an excellent looking series oozing with originality not just cause of todd but cause of everyone involved, weather cancelled now or later, i would hope it went down in comic book history i believe it will, but just some advice to todd lol like he'll read this.......go out with a bang not a fizzle in the comic world.
yeah I'd rather them end it now early then issue five hundred where no one will be buying his comics anymore which i think todd deserves....but it completely destroys spawn's image(no pun intended)

Mider
why does it destroy spawns image cause of todd or cause they cancell it at 200 we should overlook todd's mishapes and just enjoy the comic and enjoy neil gaimen i mean todd messed him up maybe but neil is one of the best comic writers ever.

Milkie
DUDE YOU TOLD YOU LIKE 100 TIMES!!! TODD SAID HE IS ENDING IT AT 200. DO YOU WANT PROOF!!!

Mider
YEAH AND I SAW AN INTERVIEW RECENTLY THAT HE SAID THEY WANTED TO GO BEYOND IT IF YOU GOT PROOF BRING IT ILL BRING MINE

here http://comics.ign.com/articles/660/660472p2.html

Mider
hope milkie proves me wrong

FG725
why does it destroy spawns image cause of todd or cause they cancell it at 200 we should overlook todd's mishapes and just enjoy the comic and enjoy neil gaimen i mean todd messed him up maybe but neil is one of the best comic writers ever. I was saying if they go to long and it gets dull and old then it will kill Al's image

Takion
Spawn might go into the hands of Vertigo.

Milkie
This is a little something for the people that are bashing Todd He also talks about#200 (There is a lot more)

http://www.spawn.com/news/events/mocca/audio/70.mp3

Juntai
Originally posted by Takion
Spawn might go into the hands of Vertigo. About damn time. And why not? DC's been buying up their company piece by piece anyways.

Takion
Originally posted by Juntai
About damn time. And why not? DC's been buying up their company piece by piece anyways.
I just hope they don't him depower too Superman level.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by FG725
alot of relaunchs didnt end up to well in my opinion Spiderman for instance sucked with their relaunch

True, but it really depends how they relaunch the titled. It needs to be hyped occasionally to pick up new readers.

Milkie
Todd is not going to sell Spawn to anyone.

That's like Marvel selling Spider-Man to DC. It's not going to happen.

Mider
your link doesnt seem to work for me milkie what is it

Mider
all that said milkie was that they had fifty issues up to 200 planned he didnt say and thats it, my interview showed he had planes for things after 200 how do you explain that?

Mider
bump

Milkie
Dude. It's ending at 200.

Go ask people on the Comic Forum at Spawn.com

You will most likely get #200

IICR, Philip Tan or David Hine mention it ending at #200

Mider
well you gave us the audio it just said the story would end i dont know if that means story arc or the entire series, and why havent you looked at my link did todd change his mind or something?

FG725
Originally posted by Milkie
This is a little something for the people that are bashing Todd He also talks about#200 (There is a lot more)

http://www.spawn.com/news/events/mocca/audio/70.mp3
um.....why is this something for the people bashing todd?

Mider
i guess cause he speaks about how he works hard on his comic even now, but anyway milkie you havent given me no proof that overrides mine but id like some really i would.

Mider
bump

Mider
so nobody's gonna try to prove me wrong and say that spawn will not end at issue 200?

FG725
no one cares.....

Mider
i do thats one if nobody cared then nobody would post if you dont care why do you post waiste of post

Mider
bump

Mider
why do i keep dumping this cause i dont wanna wait three years to see if spawn ends then or goes on.

Mider
bump

Mider
bump

Lord Urizen
What was the Angela incident? I know she died, but why? Did a rivalry between artists have something to do with it?

Also be aware that Todd McFarlane was sued over the Spawn vs Chapel idea, and had to replace Chapel with Jessica Priest.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Milkie
Todd is not going to sell Spawn to anyone.

That's like Marvel selling Spider-Man to DC. It's not going to happen.

Sega sold Sonic, didnt they? lol

yeah but true, no fkn way can Todd do that ! Marvel and DC would RUIN Spawn....they would never retain that Spawnish feel.

Mider
imagines spawn vs superman ALMOST VOMITS, i just hope it always stays cool and ends with dignity, some comics are short but sweet, take faust only 15 issues but one of the most liked comics ever.

Mider
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
What was the Angela incident? I know she died, but why? Did a rivalry between artists have something to do with it?

Also be aware that Todd McFarlane was sued over the Spawn vs Chapel idea, and had to replace Chapel with Jessica Priest.

supposidly todd took the character of angela and said he had all rights to her when neil gaimen i believe is the one who made her and mideval spawn and cogliastro but todd said that he dont have rights to it i think thats what there talking about.

Mider
bump

Mider
ive read in a comic book synpasis that satan appears in spawn 161 i believe and then spawn fights the new female angel in 162 and that she's one crazy chick.

Mider
bump

Takion
ive read in a comic book synpasis that satan appears in spawn 161 i believe and then spawn fights the new female angel in 162 and that she's one crazy chick.
Spawn's counter appears in 161.

HellMaster93
Counetr? Like a new Hellspawn or whatever?

Takion
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Counetr? Like a new Hellspawn or whatever?
Spawn vs. Spawn.

Mider
spawn vs himself? like the shadow when he came back as al which was spawn?

Takion
spawn vs himself? like the shadow when he came back as al which was spawn?
Something along that.

Juntai
Sega sold Sonic, didnt they? lol

yeah but true, no fkn way can Todd do that ! Marvel and DC would RUIN Spawn....they would never retain that Spawnish feel. No, Sega sold Sega, they still own Sonic, but Sammy bought Sega.

Mider
what kinda stuff would they possibly do after 200? spawn in space?

Mider
dump

Lord Urizen
OMG did any of you guys but Spawn issue #157?????

Things don't make ANY SENSE !

1) Kali was really the Man of Miracles in disguise

2)Zera went to go find God, and guess who God is ! JAKE ! Wanda's evil son !!!!!!!!!!!

This leaves so many questions:

1) Why would the Man of Miracles want to kill of the souls of Spawn that he needs to fight Heaven and Hell (remember when "Kali" did that to him?)

2) Who the hell is Kate then? She's Jake's sister, and she's just as evil, but she didn't know her brother was God?????? WTF ?????

3) Remember when the evil twins were talking, right before Katie bashed Jake's head with a bat....and JAke said "yeah well your Kali thing didn't even make tonights news"

So what the hell WAS Kali? The actual Goddess? The Man of Miracles? Or Katie's pawn???

Mider
thats total insanity did you post it on your offical thread thingy, and where are they trying to go with such a turn of events?

Lord Urizen
thats total insanity did you post it on your offical thread thingy, and where are they trying to go with such a turn of events?

I guess I am going to have to make everyone aware now.

I have no idea !!! I never expected anything like this....this totally confuses EVERYTHING !!!!

Mider
pray that spawn ends before they reconn everything into nonsense like they do every few issues with DC and MU.

Mider
imagines that lord urizen has a nightmare that in the end of spawn comics spawn tears his mask off and its captian america

Takion
imagines that lord urizen has a nightmare that in the end of spawn comics spawn tears his mask off and its captian america
OMG!!!!!!!

Mider
COVER YOUR EYES PEOPLE! ITS TO HIDIOUS TO LOOK AT! SCREAMS SHOOTING OFF ROUNDS RUN!!!!!!!!!! SCREAMS LIKE DR LOOMIS IN THE END OF HALLOWEEN FOUR AND SIX

Mider
bump

Mider
bump

Takion
I think you should bump the Spawn respect thread. More people will discuss there.

Mider
yeah but would they discuss if spawn's gonna end soon or not i wanna know seriously, i wanna know.

Takion
yeah but would they discuss if spawn's gonna end soon or not i wanna know seriously, i wanna know.
Yes of-course.

Darth Vicious
Damn Spawn seems to have been around for ages. It was the only one ofthe first Image titles that lasted. Last issue I read was 100. It ha d a good run.

Takion
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Damn Spawn seems to have been around for ages. It was the only one ofthe first Image titles that lasted. Last issue I read was 100. It ha d a good run.
There issue 1 - 156 in the respect thread.

Lord Urizen
damn i cant wait for SPAWN 160 !!!!

Takion
damn i cant wait for SPAWN 160 !!!!
Me too sad

HellMaster93
i'm nt really upto date with\spawn... i recentky bought volume 7 s i'm like 130 issues behind y'all but i'm ding a fan film basrd on early Spawn...

Mider
well milkie was proven wrong about spawn ending at 200

HellMaster93
Why? And I honestly believe Spwn should end before he loses his brialliance... I'm only up to Voume 8 at the min anyway...

Mider
cause takion showed me a page that said they would in a way im guessing from my own preception that they would go back to the basics after 200

Takion
Mider basically means, like this series of Spawn ends at 100.

But a new series with new enemies and stories are coming.

HellMaster93
Youmean 200...? And by the looks of it, this upcoming "war" should end Spawn... but won't!

Mider
there gonna tone the world in paral kinda stuff down i suppose.

HellMaster93
Yeah... spawn ius much coller up to the fall of Malebolgia...

Takion
Yeah... spawn ius much coller up to the fall of Malebolgia...
I love his Second costume.

HellMaster93
Indeed! Hey, tak, do you know a good site to order McFarlane toys action figures from (that will sned to the UK), as I want something different to give my younger bro this year!

Takion
Indeed! Hey, tak, do you know a good site to order McFarlane toys action figures from (that will sned to the UK), as I want something different to give my younger bro this year!
Spawn.com

Toysrus.com

Or ebay.com but I don't trust ebay.

get the Spawn issue 95 cover action figure, it is ubercool.

HellMaster93
Cool... thanks. i never liked Toys R US but i'll have a look as they opertae in england... thjis is my chance to get my bro into comics... evil face admittedly, he already likes most good stuff...

Takion
Cool... thanks. i never liked Toys R US but i'll have a look as they opertae in england... thjis is my chance to get my bro into comics... evil face admittedly, he already likes most good stuff...
How old is he?

HellMaster93
Uhh... I think he's like 12... and he just collects proper action figures and stuff...

HellMaster93
CAN YOU BELIEVE TOYS R US HAVE NO MCFARLANE TOYS IN STOCK!!!???

Takion
CAN YOU BELIEVE TOYS R US HAVE NO MCFARLANE TOYS IN STOCK!!!???
How about amazon.com?

Mider
use a search engine to find out where?

Lord Urizen
Kaybees should have Spawn action figures still , I always find em there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.