Movies that have made you walk out of the cinemas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
For me it would have to be date movie i mean i went in expecting something along the lines of scary movie and was really disappointed.

What about you guys?

MildPossession
I've never walked out of a film at the cinema.

Aurora
I have never walked out, but I came VERY close w/ The Divinci Code. The only thing that kept me there was wondering how much worse it could get.

systemshock2
Probably the closest was "I still know what you did last summer". What a horrible movie. I had hated the first movie, and if it wasn't for the fact that my date wanted to see this sequel I would've never gone. Oh how I felt like walking out during certain times in the film. But at least she enjoyed it, which made me happy. stick out tongue

T.M
Originally posted by MildPossession

Ditto...

but I was VERY VERY VERY close to walking out of Envy.

Darth Vicious
I never walked out either but came very, very close with Batman and Superman. Me and my girl and another couple were the only 4 people there and in mid movie the other couple left.

BackFire
I never have walked out, I don't think.

Though, I would have walked out on Queen of the Damned if there weren't other people with me who wanted to stay.

Icicle
I'v never walked out of a movie. But I wanted to leave when I saw Notting Hill, man that was boring.

Scarecrow756
I have never walked out of a movie, but I have heard that loads of Batman fans walked out of Batman and Robin for obvious reasons.

T.M
Originally posted by BackFire
I never have walked out, I don't think.

Though, I would have walked out on Queen of the Damned if there weren't other people with me who wanted to stay.

Thats why I stayed for Envy.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I never walked out either but came very, very close with Batman and Superman. Me and my girl and another couple were the only 4 people there and in mid movie the other couple left.

Yeah I wanted very badly to walk out of Batman 89.The first hour in a half was such a huge boring snoozefest.I almost fell asleep with extreme bordom.There have been a few others movies that I HAVE walked out on but they were so long ago I dont remember what they were.

diabloman
ive walked out of the cinema many times. thats why u dont drink alot of soda while your watching the movie big grin

Darth Vicious

Damn what a dumbass, Batman and Robin is what i meant.

WrathfulDwarf
I came close to walking out...but I just suck it up or fell asleep. Here are the films that tempted me to walk out.

Van Helsing
Men in Black II
Spider Man 1 and 2
The Hulk
Daredevil
League of Extraordinary man
Date Movie

diabloman
i almost fell asleep when i saw king kong

Morning_Glory
Leaving Las Vegas embarrasment

EPIIIBITES
Was very, very close to walking out on 28 Days Later and writing Danny Boyle a very, very mean letter...abismal.

Another was Matrix Revolutions...excrutiating...probably the worst movie-going experience of my life...couldn't leave though...was with a hardcore matrix fan.

Nazgulinthedark
napoleon dynamite

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I came close to walking out...but I just suck it up or fell asleep. Here are the films that tempted me to walk out.

Van Helsing
Men in Black II
Spider Man 1 and 2
The Hulk
Daredevil
Date Movie

Damn u almost walked out of Sm1 & 2. They werent bad at all.

Myth
I never have but I was close on Hellboy and Collateral.

Wolfie
I've never walked out during a movie.

Alpha Centauri
Never see the point of walking out. You're just letting them rip you off more, at least get money's worth.

-AC

sexyking
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Never see the point of walking out. You're just letting them rip you off more, at least get money's worth.

-AC

Who said anything about living the cinemas i just move on over to another film, value for money wink

Myth
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Well, as they say, time is money. Therefore, your $8 could be better off f*cking around in the streets for an hour rather than sitting at a movie that bores you.

The reason I usually stay even if the movie is awful, is so that I have some information to argue with friends who liked the movies. Like with Collateral and Hellboy, I knew if I walked out early, my friends would have said, "You just didn't like it because you missed the awesome ending."

WrathfulDwarf

They weren't that bad...it was the continous cheering and appluading of the spidey fanboys that kept making me wanna leave. For every scene they just wouldn't shut up....it was bad experience...both times. Just as bad when I went to see Episode III....bunch of 35 year old men waving color plastic sticks in the front rows...

you get the idea...

Mr Parker
Damn what a dumbass, Batman and Robin is what i meant.

you forgot to say AND ROBIN? You need to look in the mirror when calling someone a dumbass. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Van Helsing
Men in Black II
Spider Man 1 and 2
The Hulk
Daredevil
Date Movie

Oh yeah,forgot about The Men in Black and Van Helsing movies.Just remembered a few more after seeing that list of movies I really wanted to walk out on.

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow.
Val Helsing.
Batman 89
Batman Returns
Spider-man 1 and 2.
Rocky 4 and 5.
The Hulk
Men In Black.
that other alien movie Will Smith was in.
thats all I can think of now.

office jesus
I've never walked out during a movie, but I REALLY came close with Episode I. That Podrace put me to sleep.

Mr Parker

actually they were as crappy as Batman and Robin. laughing see my message below my user name. big grin

-Tired Hiker-
I walked out of that Batman movie, the one with Mr. Freeze, mainly because I was tired and it was a stupid movie.

DeVi| D0do
The only time I've walked out of a movie is when I've needed to take a leak... I don't go to movies that even have a chance of sucking... Which is why I rarely go to the movies at all these days.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Mr Parker
you forgot to say AND ROBIN? You need to look in the mirror when calling someone a dumbass. big grin

I was talking about myself.

Oh yeah,forgot about The Men in Black and Van Helsing movies.Just remembered a few more after seeing that list of movies I really wanted to walk out on.

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow.
Val Helsing.
Batman 89
Batman Returns
Spider-man 1 and 2.
Rocky 4 and 5.
The Hulk
Men In Black.
that other alien movie Will Smith was in.
thats all I can think of now.

Damn what do u consider a good movie?

Aurora
I forgot about Van Helsing, probally because I have tired to put it out of my mind for fear of going crazy. It was horrible. And the ONLY reason I stayed was because the theater was so packed and we were in the middle of the row.

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by Aurora
I forgot about Van Helsing, probally because I have tired to put it out of my mind for fear of going crazy. It was horrible. And the ONLY reason I stayed was because the theater was so packed and we were in the middle of the row.

Not to metion those two annoying vampire girls that would just cry and moan for half of the film.

ladygrim
to be honest ive never walked out of the cinema part way through a movie cuz i try and pick movies that'll avoid being crap and if they turn out to b i fall asleep

thegreatrudini
i fell asleep during that pile of shite they call the village, think falling asleep has more style than walking out lol

Impediment
I've never walked out on a movie. But here are some I wanted to walk out on:

Batman Forever
Van Helsing
Primary Colors

And I actually fell asleep while watching Batman and Robin.

Ichabod
Inside man. the shaky camera gave me a massive headache.

Hotpants
I've only done this once, but i left during The Da Vinci Code.

HellMaster93
The Da Vinci Code was GOOD!

Movies I've walked out on:

Batman and Robin
Matrix Revolutions

Movies I WANTED to walk out on:

Batman
Batman returns
Batman Forever
X-Men 3 (I was REALLY REALLY REALLY close... but with friends...)

Myth
Originally posted by Ichabod
Inside man. the shaky camera gave me a massive headache.

Thats a shame. Its a really good movie.

forumcrew
Originally posted by MildPossession

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by sexyking
What about you guys?

Dumb and Dumber. no expression

I'm not a big fan of slapstick comedy.

Buckaroo
Doogal.
And I should have walked out of Van Helsing.

starshine
Never walked out but Alexander made me fall asleep. stick out tongue

Losty
why walk out when you can fall sleep

.Dance_Inside.
The Hills have Eyes - because it was really disturbing
Memoirs of a Geisha- It was just boring

Darth Macabre
Fell asleep during "White Noise"....

Walked out during "Signs"....And saw "Serving Sara" instead...Good decision.

Impediment
Batman 1989 and Batman Returns. I was too young at the time to know any better, but now, in retrospect, had I known then what I know now, I'd have walked out of ther theater cursing Tim Burton and his whorish attempts. Batman Begins owns all, IMO. As far as Spider-Man 1 and 2? Well.................I didnt entirely hate the two, but I was SORELY disappointed, and I was so damn made at the fact that Peter had organic shooters instead of his invented ones I contemplated walking out.

Silverstein
i walked out of:
-Batman Forever
-Batman & Robin (ugh, i'll never get my money back)

i almost walked out of Spider-man 1, it was cool that they finally brought some cool character to the screen but it was just poorly done, and so much kids, they got scared of the power ranger green goblin damn. REALLY annoying, they kept whistling when kirsten dunst's infamous wet tshirt scene came on.

also:
-Planet Of The Apes (burton, the only thing he is half bad at directing is things out of clay, and johnny depp)
-Matrix Revolutions
-Dodgeball

RedSkull
Went to see King Kong and was fine through the whole movie until they fell into the ravine with all the bugs. OMG All these kids would not stfu bout how gross it was and ewww or some of them cried. AND then at the end all of them freaking cried when King Kong died I was about to lose it, and then my girlfriend got up and made this huge scene after it was over lol so that was entertaining. laughing out loud

sparrowsbabe
i've never walked out n Date Movie was hilarious!! haha

but i cud ov done during 'Waiting' how poor...and the remake of Omen 666..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I've only done this once, but i left during The Da Vinci Code.

I'm with you on that. I hated the book, but the weather was shit, so I decided to check it out at the second-run movie theatre near my house...I tried to fall asleep after about 20 minutes, but then I realised it would be better to just leave, and then b*tch about it here.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit movie. And book. Shit.

Impediment
X-Men 3 made wish that I had walked out. I was so disappointed.

masterkit
I fell asleep durin the perfect storm. Good thing i had people with me cuz they got me a blanketeer But they woke me up>.>

Strangelove
Sleepy Hollow
Batman 89
Batman Returns
Spider-man 1 and 2
Men In Black.
that other alien movie Will Smith was in. We've already gotten into how you're taste in movies is terrible, but damn, I just have to being it up again.

You don't know what a good movie is.

As for myself, I have never walked out of a movie. Ever. I even stayed though Scooby Doo 2 the whole way. But that was because of my little brothers. My rule of thumb is, if I cared enough to drive out and see it, by God I'm seeing the whole thing.

Lighthammer
Never walked out on a movie. Though there were a few times I wanted to leave but I couldn't because we we're watching it on a plane or a bus. I saw Thuderbirds(How did Kingsley fall this far) and War of the Worlds, both sucked, and I would have left if it wasn't for it being shown on a moving bus, Ice Age 2, but again, I was on a plane flying home from Italy, and it was the only movie they were showing.

H. S. 6
The only movie I've walked out of was Planet of the Apes.

There were some I would have, though, had I been able to:

Matrix Revolutions
Lady in the Water
The Village

And a couple others I had to see with my younger cousins.

forumcrew
I think i might have walked out on the sound of thunder had i seen it in the theater

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Strangelove
We've already gotten into how you're taste in movies is terrible, but damn, I just have to being it up again.

As for myself, I have never walked out of a movie. Ever. I even stayed though Scooby Doo 2 the whole way. But that was because of my little brothers. My rule of thumb is, if I cared enough to drive out and see it, by God I'm seeing the whole thing.

dude take the blinders off,those are crappy films.anyways WHY are you singling MY post out when others have come on and said thay have the same agreements as me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

allofyousuckkk
blade 3...mainly bc everyone i was with kept talking and i got bored bc i didnt pay attention to the movie

and beauty shop (i got a refund smile

Darth Kreiger
Never have, not going to walk out on something I payed for. And usually I don't watch bad movies, though I wanted to during Fantastic 4, terrible movie

Kayne Archeron
i was begging my friends to leave Fantastic 4 with me, but somehow they were enjoying it O.o
and i wanted to walk out on Ultraviolet very badly

Kram3r
I never walk out of movies because I feel that I can only fairly judge if I see a movie in it's entirety. However, I almost walked out of Drawing Restraint 9 today.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ichabod
Inside man. the shaky camera gave me a massive headache. I don't usually like shaky camera stuff, but I thought the camera work in Inside Man was excellent. Some of the best hand-held camera work I've seen. The movie itself, though, was only so-so IMO.

Quincy
Originally posted by sparrowsbabe
i've never walked out n Date Movie was hilarious!! haha

puke

SnakeEyes
I usually don't choose to see movies I'd walk out on.

I'm sure there have been some that I've felt like walking out on, but I don't think I have.

botankus
Originally posted by Strangelove
We've already gotten into how you're taste in movies is terrible, but damn, I just have to being it up again.

Some people just don't like comic book movies. Big deal. I don't watch them because I didn't grow up with them, so the interest isn't there.

Darth_Erebus
Years ago I walked out of Demons.

DreXor
night at the roxybury

fantasygirl
The 2nd Bourne movie.. I ran out and threw up. erm

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Fell asleep during "White Noise"....

Walked out during "Signs"....And saw "Serving Sara" instead...Good decision.

Add "The Host" to the falling asleep list.

Strangelove
dude take the blinders off,those are crappy films.anyways WHY are you singling MY post out when others have come on and said thay have the same agreements as me? roll eyes (sarcastic) because we already have a history stick out tongue

vintageSW77
Van Helsing and Constantine were near walk outs
The brunette Vampire Chick in VH kept me seated
Two examples of CG SHIT-O-RAMA that we often have to endure these days.
I wouldnt know where to begin with the amount of DVDs ive turned off half way through...Hellboy is the last one thats springs to mind

Lets have a look at what got me thru Van Helsing again
yip thats the reason

Mr Parker
we seem to have a lot of the same agreements about films. smile you got good taste.as usual,I agree with you again on why I thought Van Helsing was worth it.Because of the pic of that hot looking babe in the movie.You just know Hugh Jackman was getting horny when she planted her butt on his neck. laughing

vintageSW77
yup she is HOT
http://www.silviacolloca.com/
Though i prefer her in Vampire mode

JohnnyDo3
I almost walked out on titanic but I was waiting for kate's boobs to pop out so I stayed for awhile HA HA HA HA

Supreme being
Originally posted by sexyking
For me it would have to be date movie i mean i went in expecting something along the lines of scary movie and was really disappointed.

What about you guys?

Agreed date movie sucked hard.

Dejio
I walked out of "Evita" that starred Madonna. After about 15 minutes of absolutely no dialogue that wasn't sung, I knew I was watching the wrong movie. So me and my girlfriend walked out.

Dejio
I also walked out (well, stepped out anyways) of Robocop. The scene where he was mutilated by a gang of evil men. I felt nauseated after seing his hand being shot off.
After watching it again, I was actually surprised why I felt sick during that scene. Probably because the movie house was crowded and I was standing up at the back row for the whole movie.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Years ago I walked out of Demons.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demons 1 and 2 rule!!
Sure theres BAD dubbing and they barely make sense but thats what you get with 80s Italian Horror BUT they are both 80s Horror Classics!!!!!

Akira99
I saw probably the greatest hoard of BS in a movie called Man of the House last year stupidly thinking it wasn't a chick flick as I judged it by its title. I walked out around half way through

Castle
My wife told me the other day that she walked out of A. I, that was truly a dire film

vintageSW77
incorrect

DeVi| D0do
I turned A.I. off when the world froze over and the aliens invaded or something stupid like that...

rockycairns
Collateral was a brilliant film

i walked out on Phantom of The Opera (2004) what a terrible movie

Jmanghan
I think it was a total recall or a universal soldier movie.

Patient_Leech
xXx: State of the Union

A true masterpiece. I think I only spent $1 on the showing, but I'll never get that 45 min back.

Kazenji
^ Glad Vin Diesel is back for the third one, It was a stupid ****en Decision from the studio to replace him with Ice Cube.

CPT Space Bomb
I can't think of a movie I've walked out of in theaters. Came close a few times.

Zack Fair
House of the dead.

Arachnid1
The Others

Not because it was a bad movie, but because I was terrified. I saw it as a kid and I needed to get out of there. I need to rewatch it and see if it has the same effect.

carthage
Funny People
Fellowship of the ring as a child (my mom thought it was Satanic)
Mortal Kombat (Same reasons as above)

I was very young for the last two, and Funny people was just garbage

marwash22
never done it.

I can tell from trailers if a movie will be dog shit bad, so i never see them at the theater.

marwash22
I've stopped watching plenty of movies at home, though; most recently, i stopped watching 'Pan' 20 minutes in.

Inhuman
Originally posted by marwash22
I've stopped watching plenty of movies at home, though; most recently, i stopped watching 'Pan' 20 minutes in.

Did you at least watch the "Entertain us" song part?

CPT Space Bomb
Oh, I've quit watching movies in the house before.

Snowpiercer for instance. I could not stand that movie; it was beyond stupid. Nice premise, but I have no idea why Chris Evans wanted to be in that turd of a movie.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Oh, I've quit watching movies in the house before.

Snowpiercer for instance. I could not stand that movie; it was beyond stupid. Nice premise, but I have no idea why Chris Evans wanted to be in that turd of a movie. Dude, Snowpiercer was phucking awesome! There's a reason it has a 95% approval rating on RT. That was the second best movie I've seen Evans in, right behind Winter Soldier. What didn't you like about it?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dude, Snowpiercer was phucking awesome! There's a reason it has a 95% approval rating on RT. That was the second best movie I've seen Evans in, right behind Winter Soldier. What didn't you like about it? The audience rating is only 72% though. And, honestly, that's being GENEROUS. I didn't like almost a single thing about it. Evans tries his best to make it work, but it was just too stupid.

I quit watching when they got to the car with the gimps that just started gutting fish for no reason. I kept hoping it would get better; but it never did. My friends and family all agreed it was one of the worst movies we'd ever seen. But, hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

quanchi112
Snow piercer was bad IMO.

jaden101
Last one for me was the animated movie "Hugo"

Had high hopes for it joining the very small list of animated movies I liked (Iron Giant, Wall-E, Dumbo and Watership Down)

It didn't. It was shit.

Firefly218
I've never walked out no matter how shitty

Arachnid1
Originally posted by jaden101
Last one for me was the animated movie "Hugo"

Had high hopes for it joining the very small list of animated movies I liked (Iron Giant, Wall-E, Dumbo and Watership Down)

It didn't. It was shit. I didn't like Hugo either. It felt like a boring, poverty, non-gothic Shadow of the Wind to me, except the it didn't capture the same beauty and wonder.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by carthage
Funny People
Fellowship of the ring as a child (my mom thought it was Satanic)
Mortal Kombat (Same reasons as above)

I was very young for the last two, and Funny people was just garbage **** you were sheltered.

I was allowed to watch any movie I wanted, but when it came to video games, my parents were restrictive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.