If Rogue managed to get pregnant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
What would happen to the baby? Would it die before leaving the womb? During labor?Would it have her powers? Immunity(to possibly other people's powers such as Leech?

Does Leech effect Rogue?

When a mutant gets pregnant, what powers does the kid usually have (saying that both parents are mutants). The mom's, the dad's, or their own new power?

Dr.Variant
well look at the summers family

madyline pryor + scott summers = Cable (possibly the most powerful mutant on the planet if he didnt expel most of his telekenetic energy on keeping his cybernetic implants from taking over his body)

Draco69
It shouldn't even conceive to maturity. Rogue will be sucking that baby like it's acid....

smiley8
Rogue's kid would probably be immune to her powers as it would share the half the same genes, just a idea.

Draco69
Possibly. I wouldn't bet on it though. She shares similar genes with her family and they're not anymore immune to her powers than anyone else.

The Pict
in alternate timeline or whatever she has a son with magneto, so im guessing it would be immune to her power.

Draco69
That's because Magneto was "magnetically" What the f**k? suppressing her powers.

The Pict
Originally posted by Draco69
That's because Magneto was "magnetically" What the f**k? suppressing her powers.

well there you go, if she got pregnant magneto could "magnetically" suppres her powers and keep the tot alive.

Draco69
Yeah. But he's so OLD. I don't why the 90s writers liked to pair up the old geezers like Xavier and Magneto with girls barely out of their teens (Jean and Rogue)

Pedophiles...

systemshock2
Is Rogue's power always on, even if she was unconscious? What I mean is that with most mutants, they usually have to be conscious in order for their power to work. If her powers are the same, maybe during childbirth she can be sedated so that her powers can turned off, and maybe given a C-section then.

Kal875
Yes her powers still work when she's unconscious, just look at mystique

In the Comics (X-men Coronocals) Rogue does have a baby w/ Magneto, a perfectly healthy one.

And leach does effect her powers, just look in X3

The Pict
Yeah. But he's so OLD. I don't why the 90s writers liked to pair up the old geezers like Xavier and Magneto with girls barely out of their teens (Jean and Rogue)

Pedophiles...

its worse in ultimate x-men. in volume 10 gambit makes sexual suggestions towards rogue and snogs her near the end. then she leaves the x-men with him. SHE'S 14!!!!!!! and he's in his mid 20s.

Shalimar_fox
Originally posted by systemshock2
Is Rogue's power always on, even if she was unconscious? What I mean is that with most mutants, they usually have to be conscious in order for their power to work. If her powers are the same, maybe during childbirth she can be sedated so that her powers can turned off, and maybe given a C-section then.
for the most part yea. subconsciously they sometimes can be turned off but thats like the chance you learning to fly

ExodusCloak
Possibly. I wouldn't bet on it though. She shares similar genes with her family and they're not anymore immune to her powers than anyone else.

Her family don't share her X-gene. It's probable that her baby would inherit her X-gene.

Shalimar_fox
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Her family don't share her X-gene. It's probable that her baby would inherit her X-gene. smart it's her who share their genes

Loot

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
for the most part yea. subconsciously they sometimes can be turned off but thats like the chance you learning to fly

That's true, when Ms Marvel took over Rogue's body she could touch Psylocke on the shoulder without absorbing her powers.
Rogue has her abilities on 24/7 it's a psychological disorder, if she can fix that then she'd be able to control her powers at will.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm guessing the baby would be immune. If it's concieved, it would essentially be part of her body. Maybe when it grows more into an individual it'll have problems coping, or maybe it will retain its immunity.

xmarksthespot
In AoA the baby wasn't immune, as she couldn't hold him without clothing between them. But I'm assuming it was immune during her pregnance since while in utero it was essentially contiguous with her own body due to the umbilical connection.

FlameAngel14
If it kills people to have Rogue touch them wouldn't it kill her baby during birth for it to touch her? and how does she have sex without killing the guy she's having it with?

Loot

xmarksthespot

Loot

x-fetish
i asked in another thread but i'm really curios if rogue met another mutant with her powers how would that work? would they be immune to each other?

allofyousuckkk
When a mutant gets pregnant, what powers does the kid usually have (saying that both parents are mutants). The mom's, the dad's, or their own new power?

If rogue met another mutant with her powers how would that work? would they be immune to each other?

These are my only 2 unanswered questions now....

Thanx for your explanations earlier, although it makes no sense that magneto can put a magnetic force around him. Huh?

bitca360

Thats a bit of a toss up...All the Summers kids are telepathically influenced, Nocturne has a mix of Nightcrawler & Scarlet Witch's powers, Siryn has the same powers as Banshee, & Graydon Creed is a human without Mystique or Sabretooths powers...

Usually Rogue's power will cancel out another absorber & or the others powers are greater than hers...

And considering the topic, I don't see why Magneto having a magnetic force around him makes no sense...

8urs
I think if rogue met someone with her powers and they touched they would drain each other. Rogue doesn't just take powers and memories she drains off their life energy as she does it. If they were stopped they'd have each others powers (what they had to begin with) but they'd have hurt each other.

Brian Oswald
I think the baby would be fine with her powers active and the baby in utero. Her power only works with skin to skin contact, not blood to skin or organ to skin

ufcnut2007
Originally posted by bitca360

Thats a bit of a toss up...All the Summers kids are telepathically influenced, Nocturne has a mix of Nightcrawler & Scarlet Witch's powers, Siryn has the same powers as Banshee, & Graydon Creed is a human without Mystique or Sabretooths powers...

Usually Rogue's power will cancel out another absorber & or the others powers are greater than hers...

And considering the topic, I don't see why Magneto having a magnetic force around him makes no sense...

Hi angie...

llagrok
Originally posted by The Pict
well there you go, if she got pregnant magneto could "magnetically" suppres her powers and keep the tot alive.

So he was awake and did it for 9 months straight?

Mightyrain
you know what I have always wondered... if Rogue absorbed Multiple man's ability... and duplicated herself... would her clone be imune to her powers, or would they she absorb her clone's powers... or would it create some other effect like losing her ability all together?

platformskater
I thought in the Marvel Universe people from the same family are immune to others' powers? For example, Cyclops and Havok are brothers and their energy powers cant affect the other. There might have been a few continuity errors, but I'm sure this is one of the many rules which gets broken. Therefore, if Rogue had children, they theoretically wouldn't be affected by her powers, even in the womb. Then again, I doubt this would be the case for the man choosing to father her children.

llagrok
Originally posted by platformskater
I thought in the Marvel Universe people from the same family are immune to others' powers? For example, Cyclops and Havok are brothers and their energy powers cant affect the other. There might have been a few continuity errors, but I'm sure this is one of the many rules which gets broken. Therefore, if Rogue had children, they theoretically wouldn't be affected by her powers, even in the womb. Then again, I doubt this would be the case for the man choosing to father her children.

I'm not sure. Cyclops and Havok weren't immune to Vulcan's powers, but Cap Brit is immune to Betsy's powers.

Genosha
Children have whatever superpowers fits the story at the time, and it rarely has much to do with genetics. The only predictable trend is that offspring are more powerful than their parents although it's not a hard and fast rule.

The strength of Rogues absorbtion ability also fluctuates according to the story, and there are a few occasions when her powers have been surpressed one way or another. Carrying a child to term an safely delivering it is certainly possible.

PS: Magneto's got a little over 20 yrs on Rogue. In the main time line she's in her 20s, and he's I think in his fifties, but like Xavier is somewhat ageless. It's a mutant thing. And that's not counting the alternate timeline stuff. For example, nobody, last I heard, knows how old Wolverine is, but most guesses put him between late 50's early 60's.

ADarksideJedi
I think the baby would grow up normal and have no powers.Who is the father anywy!jm

hunter_blake05
yeah youre right! and if rogue was pregnant maybe her baby was a mutant,

Arachnid1
Originally posted by smiley8
Rogue's kid would probably be immune to her powers as it would share the half the same genes, just a idea. Thats how mutant powers work. Just look At Cyke and Havok. They are both immune to eachothers powers because they're brothers. Rogues powers would not affect the baby. Or at least, I think it wouldn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.