Worst Video Game Storyline. EVER.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Nominate the absolute worst storyline in a videogame that didn't make a lick of sense and was just plain bad....

I nominate Final Fantasy IX...

*shudders*

Good gameplay though....

JToTheP
Resident Evil Survivor Series
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Mega Man X6, (I knew X6 was the left-overs of X5, but I thought that wouldn't be TERRIBLE left-overs.)
Dark Cloud Saga. (Hate both games, the breaking weapons so aggrivating, I'm glad two was a present and I didn't buy it.)

That's all I can think of for right now.

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by JToTheP
Dark Cloud Saga. (Hate both games, the breaking weapons so aggrivating, I'm glad two was a present and I didn't buy it.)

I don't know, I mean the story wasn't that bad and I enjoyed both games.

DarkC
Pretty much anything with the words "Super Mario" in it.

WrathfulDwarf
Double Dragon...basically the same premise as any other fantasy adventure game...fight the gangs...defeat the boses...finish the main boss....rescue the girl.

It was fun I'll admit...

BlaxicanTroller
Most FPS games.

Halo, mainly, WAYYYY to cliche.

The Highlord
Tetris, Pacman etc...

BlaxicanTroller
KH 2

JToTheP
Originally posted by The Highlord
Tetris, Pacman etc...

How can you even nominate puzzle games, and games like Pacman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nactous
How can you even nominate puzzle games, and games like Pacman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sup PTotheJ.

DarkC
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Most FPS games.

You've never played the second one, have you?

Thunder Fox
KH 2 KHII isn't that bad its really good corny but good all the same

FG725
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
KHII isn't that bad its really good corny but good all the same
lol I love how they made Mickey go all badass when Goofy was knocked out but the storyline I felt was pretty good besides the beginning with Roxas which was amazingly ghetto.
Most FPS games.

I don't think so man. Halo didn't get as deep into the plot as Halo two but the whole idea of halo and how it was meant to destroy the floods food supply was decent. I mean the whole device destroys galaxy thing is cliche but once it gets deeper into the plot and you discover more on the covenant then it's not really at all cliche

and super mario, because the plot never changes.....

NineCoronas
Most FPS games.

Halo, mainly, WAYYYY to cliche. laughing Good one.

Smasandian
I would have to agree with Halo. Wasnt too exicting, in my opinion.

You cant really nominate Super Mario...its a platforming game, its meant for gameplay, not story. If anybody in this world has ever bought an super mario game for the story, they should stop playing videogames.

Off the top of my head, I would say the Jedi Knight games. Or the Need for Speed Underground Series.

NineCoronas
Jedi Knight II.

Though Halo's story is the best I've seen in a FPS, especially the backstory to it.

DarkC
Red Alert.

MadMel
hmm....nearly every game ive played had a decent storyline, or didnt require one (mario), escpet black and white 1...its an awesome game, but i didnt really like the ending, where the creature starts shrinking and since there is a bug in the game, it never stops, even if you beat the game, and i never liked the whole creed thing in general

NineCoronas
Originally posted by DarkC
Red Alert. Yeah.

Smasandian
Originally posted by NineCoronas
Jedi Knight II.

Though Halo's story is the best I've seen in a FPS, especially the backstory to it.

I think Half-Life's is alot better. Atleast it gives some sort of surpraise to the story.Was this backstory included in the game, or the books?
I think Alien Vs Predator 2 has a very good storyline, NOFL series, FEAR.

SaTsuJiN
FF8... "whoa.. we're all from the same orphanage... OMG.. monsters are coming from the moon! eek!"

MadMel
rofl...i don't mind the story on these games....i dunno why, but i just appreciate all the ff story's, no matter how crap they are..

BlaxicanTroller
You've never played the second one, have you?

Guy, I've beaten it many times. And the only reason I say cliche is because its been done before.

Heres what the advertisement was for the first Halo on EGM magazine:

You are alone, outnumbered, and outgunned. You have a massive arsenal at your disposal and you'll need everything you've got to stop a relentless foe. Can you survive?

HALO

Like they don't say that in EVERY FRIGAN FPS GAME!!

H. S. 6
Guy, I've beaten it many times. And the only reason I say cliche is because its been done before.

You are alone, outnumbered, and outgunned. You have a massive arsenal at your disposal and you'll need everything you've got to stop a relentless foe. Can you survive?

HALO

Like they don't say that in EVERY FRIGAN FPS GAME!!

If you go off that summary, then yeah, I'd say the Halo storyline is pretty damn cliche. Too bad it has almost no relevance to the plot.

I find that people who say the Halo plot is cliche, or has been done before, never really understood it in the first place. erm

Smasandian
Nonbody understood the first game's storyline if they didnt like it?

Umm no.. they're isnt too much to not understand. Everything is answered for you, no surpraise at all and somewhat resembles the movie Aliens. It was decent but overally great.

NineCoronas

HALO

Like they don't say that in EVERY FRIGAN FPS GAME!! That's the premise, not the story mate.

Sin Harvest
Well Halo 2 really got more in depth with the story, mostly thanks to you playing as the Arbiter. You no longer see the Covenant as an alien race out to kill all but more as a religious race that thinks they are doing right.

Worst Video Game Storyline I would have to give it to Final Fantasy V.

Oh and by the way no one plays Mario for the story. They play Mario games because Mario always have a fun game when Myamato (sorry for spelling) is in charge of it.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Smasandian
Nonbody understood the first game's storyline if they didnt like it?

Umm no.. they're isnt too much to not understand. Everything is answered for you, no surpraise at all and somewhat resembles the movie Aliens. It was decent but overally great.

I'm talking about the story of the Halo trilogy overall. wink

Smasandian
I still like Half Life's story. Ah well, different tastes.

Tekno Boy
Do you suppose most storylines suck nowadays because there aren't many original storylines left?

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
Do you suppose most storylines suck nowadays because there aren't many original storylines left?

No, a lot of stories just seem to have been put together over night. Some people still put time and effort into creating a story. The story line isn't all they should worry about but how they execute it.

And most people don't play Halo for the story but for the online and multi-player

MadMel
true, but i like the story....

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by MadMel
true, but i like the story....

I tell you something me and my brother played Halo: Combat Evolved since the day it came out and we still play it some today. those 3-4 years before Halo 2 came out you could find us playing that. And we didn't play campaign that much. We got a few Xboxs together and all our friends and have Halo parties.

MadMel
dats the way Happy Dance

ChakraStrings
Pretty much anything with the words "Super Mario" in it.

All to true, all to true...

Vinny Valentine
Wario World.

DarkC
Pikmin.

Vinny Valentine
Pikmin.

That game was horrible.

DarkC
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
That game was horrible.
It was funny though.

Vinny Valentine
It was funny though.

Imagine someone high playing it.

FG725
I think the person making it was high

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by FG725
I think the person making it was high

laughing out loud

DarkC
*mad cackling laughter*

"DIE!"

He'll probably hurl every single Pikmin he has into the first body of water he can find.

MadMel
rofl

Mushi
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

I don't know why. I like it and all, but in terms of storyline; I hate it. xP

Darth Jello
Well, i gotta counter argue the super mario thing cause mario RPG had one of the best storylines ever.

as for bad storylines-
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Final Fantasy I-simply cause the time travel thing is sooo confusing
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight
Megaman 5
Megaman 6
Megaman and Bass (the GBA version, the BS version had a cool one but was a crappy game)

Superboy Prime
Perfect Dark Zero takes the cake.

BlaxicanTroller
TMNT 1...

BackFire
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
FF8... "whoa.. we're all from the same orphanage... OMG.. monsters are coming from the moon! eek!"

God bless you.

I agree with the above.

FG725
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well, i gotta counter argue the super mario thing cause mario RPG had one of the best storylines ever.

as for bad storylines-
Megaman 5
Megaman 6
Megaman and Bass (the GBA version, the BS version had a cool one but was a crappy game)
super mario sunshine had a decent plot at the beginning....

Scorpion_Master
Minesweeper... never got the point of the game erm

Mushi
Originally posted by BackFire
God bless you.

I agree with the above.

Those words are BLASPHEMY! (O-o I loved FF8 although I must admit it did get a little "O_o" towards the end. xD)

Tekno Boy

as for bad storylines-
Megaman 5
Megaman 6

Street Fighter 2010? Never heard of that.

MadMel
mario rpg ??

Scorpion_Master
Mario Rpg kicked ass!

MadMel
can someone explain wat mario rpg is??

Scorpion_Master
Its mario But in Rpg... you run around Meating enemies and go upp in Levle, meat bosses. its like Paper mario but it looks more..."3D" or sumthing
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/Lakitu_Super_Mario_RPG.png
http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/ss_smrpg_07.gif
http://outerspace.terra.com.br/retrospace/materias/consoles/imagens/parte26/mariorpg.gif
http://w-create.com/~bisqwit/nesvideos/smrpg240.png

Looks like that..

ninja

Philip_ll
there's nothing worse than a game that is cheap rip-off of another.

Sin Harvest
Mario RPG was fun. I also liked Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, that was a fun RPG.

But really Sonic has been trying to over complicate the story on consoles but with the handhelds he keeps it simple and that's what makes Sonic cool. Simple story and fun gameplay.

Robotnik tries to destroy the world and Sonic stops him. Really that's all the story we need for Sonic.

JToTheP
I like Mario RPG, and the M&L saga a lot more then paper Mario. In Paper Mario the sidekicks aren't even allies, they are just there to take hits. (or so I saw.) This year it's 10 years old, and when it can be downloaded off Wii's Wi-Fi I will be so joyous! eek!

Scorpion_Master
yeah Mario Rpg is FUN!!!

I got to the last boss on emulator stick out tongue he is HARD!!!!

ninja

Sin Harvest
How about Superman 64 for the Nintendo 64? Terrible graphics, sad storyline and in fact it could be considered one of the worse games of all times. Sad day for Superman.

JToTheP
Metal Gear Solid 2.

Great premise, entire story fell apart when Raiden came into the picture. I'm not going to argue a damn thing, but that girly boy ruined the entire game for me. The only thing that made me replay it on every difficulty was the gameplay, which is also why I bought Twin Snakes.

Raiden is a terrible character who complained alot, and almost made me not have any interest in the series at all anymore.

maddani
Metal Gear Solid 2.

Great premise, entire story fell apart when Raiden came into the picture. I'm not going to argue a damn thing, but that girly boy ruined the entire game for me. The only thing that made me replay it on every difficulty was the gameplay, which is also why I bought Twin Snakes.

Raiden is a terrible character who complained alot, and almost made me not have any interest in the series at all anymore.
I felt the same way when i played that p.o.s. and then in mgs3 you played as big boss it was a rent at best but i cant wait to play mgs4 !

JToTheP
Originally posted by maddani
I felt the same way when i played that p.o.s. and then in mgs3 you played as big boss it was a rent at best but i cant wait to play mgs4 !

I beg to differ, I think The Boss is the best character in the series, and I see Big Boss as better then Snake.

Eva, Ocelot, and Otacon (except his back story made me cringe in 2, ) as the best NPCs IMO, and the bosses in one and three were so much better drawn out, their stories and such. I like how Eva was Eve in 3, and the twist at the end. Ocelot was so much better in his youth and 1, before that crappy pathetic twist in 2.

MGS4 should be good if done right, and I hope Raiden is sent to hell with his Grey Fox wannabe outfit.

Sin Harvest
Aquaman the Fight for Atlantis. That has to be the WORSE game ever.

IcePunk
Pikmin. *cough*kids game, so dont be stupid expecting much of a story *cough*

MadMel
lol

IcePunk
It's almost as stupid as expecting a MGS story from Yoshi's story laughing

Scorpion_Master
Yoshi's story KICKS ASS!!!

JToTheP
I liked Yoshi's Island better, but Story was okay to. The plots of both were basically everything you'd expect from a Mario game with tweaks to differ as a prequal. Luckily baby Mario became "super" and ran on walls and ceilings, or I'd of hated him completely. stick out tongue

Red Superfly
Halo 1 & 2

Load of old rubbish. The plots are seemingly epic but the game reminds me of a shitty saturday morning cartoon at times.

Sums up the game series as a whole: a load of wank, made by wankers, wanking off, for wankers.

(I'll get so flamed for this, but yeah, shouldn't you Halo fanboys be wanking somewhere?)

IcePunk
laughing

Sin Harvest
New Zelda games. They basically haven't changed the storyline since Zelda 1. You go to some temples, do something with the Triforce, and stop Ganon.

IcePunk
Does that make them bad story lines? laughing out loud we dont even know if Ganon will be in TP or PH

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Halo 1 & 2

Load of old rubbish. The plots are seemingly epic but the game reminds me of a shitty saturday morning cartoon at times.

Sums up the game series as a whole: a load of wank, made by wankers, wanking off, for wankers.

(I'll get so flamed for this, but yeah, shouldn't you Halo fanboys be wanking somewhere?) laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

JToTheP
Originally posted by Scorpion_Master
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

That word wank bothers me more than people coming right out and saying the other words right to me.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by IcePunk
Does that make them bad story lines? laughing out loud we dont even know if Ganon will be in TP or PH

Considering it hasn't changed in like 20 years...yes. You go to some temple and defeat Ganon/dorf and it usually involves the finding of a mystical sword and some enchanted arrows. It does get old after a while.

Scorpion_Master
But still fun big grin

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Scorpion_Master
But still fun big grin

No, no, no. The gameplay and dungeons is fun. Solving those puzzles just to advance to the next room while fighting dangerous enemies. Legend of Zelda is still a fun game.

Sonic (consoles) try to make these huge stories that end up making no sense at all. Shadow the Hedgehog for example; 10 different endings and they all suck! 1 super ultimate ending that leaves you lost and confuse!

Scorpion_Master
Wow thats lol!

JToTheP
Someone didn't get to the second battle of Ocarina Of Time I don't think. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sin Harvest
If you are referring to me I beaten OoT many times and acquired all the items/hearts/gold skeletons the game offered.

JToTheP
Well the master sword IS part of Zelda. It DOES seal away evil afterall. The Light Arrows are the exact opposite of Ganon's Darkness and desires that is why they are so effective. That is what Zelda is, and cannot be entirely changed. Maybe presented in another form, but not removed entirely.

Sin Harvest
Well the master sword IS part of Zelda. It DOES seal away evil afterall. The Light Arrows are the exact opposite of Ganon's Darkness and desires that is why they are so effective. That is what Zelda is, and cannot be entirely changed. Maybe presented in another form, but not removed entirely.

This is the Worse Storyline thread. I am not mocking the game itself. I love the Legend of Zelda but the storyline isn't anything special today. It's the same old stuff you witnessed on the NES, SNES, N64, and so on.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
This is the Worse Storyline thread. I am not mocking the game itself. I love the Legend of Zelda but the storyline isn't anything special today. It's the same old stuff you witnessed on the NES, SNES, N64, and so on.

Well yes I know what the thread is, but it isn't an entire Role-Playing game. Zelda does have RPG elements, but it is an Adventure game, so of course they premise won't change massively.

Sin Harvest
Why are you talking about Zelda being an RPG now? I'm confused.

JToTheP
Because RPGs are known for having such engrossing storylines, and sequals or further entries into an RPG series can modify or completely change elements around.

Ban Mido
The Madden franchise....I never really got the story behind those games....it's almost like they don't have one...yeah it's that bad.

Sin Harvest
Because RPGs are known for having such engrossing storylines, and sequals or further entries into an RPG series can modify or completely change elements around.

But Zelda is an adventure game which relies on quests of all the sorts to keep you engaged to the story; not really the story itself.

JToTheP
blink The plots of LTTP, Link's Awakening, Oracle saga, and OoT had me interested until the very end. I don't know about you, but the plots, and collecting whatever had to be collected always did it for me. Even if they did it in every entry, that IS what it was to get the Master Sword, even in it's different forms. So I don't see how that makes a poor storyline.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Ban Mido
The Madden franchise....I never really got the story behind those games....it's almost like they don't have one...yeah it's that bad.

Win the superbowl is all I gathered from them. stick out tongue

MadMel
i didnt think sport games were meant to have stories

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by MadMel
i didnt think sport games were meant to have stories

uhh yea. Sports games dont have storys, they are not adventure games, so they do they are sports games.ermm

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by Draco69
Nominate the absolute worst storyline in a videogame that didn't make a lick of sense and was just plain bad....

SUPERMAN 64!!!! blowup

SP90
Pokemon Snap...

Okay, I'll just go die alone in my room, see you later !

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by SP90
Pokemon Snap...

Okay, I'll just go die alone in my room, see you later !

confused ...

Darth Jello
I know i'm gonna get creamed for this, but The Zelda storyline since it's so damn hard to figure out and so convoluted. My best guess is-
The Minish Cap
Tingle RPG
Four Swords
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Link's Awakening
Four Sword Adventures
A Link to the Past

jaden101
I know i'm gonna get creamed for this, but The Zelda storyline since it's so damn hard to figure out and so convoluted. My best guess is-
The Minish Cap
Tingle RPG
Four Swords
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Link's Awakening
Four Sword Adventures
A Link to the Past

i would've thought after 15 versions of the same story you would've got it by now laughing

seriously...metal gear 2 had the most stupid storyline ever

pinkfloydkor
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

WHAT THE HELL??? If you are that big of a zelda hater, you can say that about OoT, but Twilight Princess isnt even out yet!!!!

who?-kid
Worst storyline ever : Devil May Cry III

JToTheP
Are you serious Who? Kid? That entire trilogy had a pretty good plot in every game to match the great gameplay. You need to expand your horizons a bit I'd say if you think DMC has bad plots.

Darth Jello
i love zelda, i just think it's unnecesarily convoluted

pinkfloydkor
........ that still doesnt explain why you put twilight princess on there

who?-kid
Are you serious Who? Kid? That entire trilogy had a pretty good plot in every game to match the great gameplay. You need to expand your horizons a bit I'd say if you think DMC has bad plots.
You got a point. I forgot about Devil May Cry I and II. Their stories also SUCKED.

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing DMC (not the second however), but geez, story wise it was rubbish.

DMC III : oh oh, a giant tower has appeared in the city, this looks like a job for Dante (rest of the story involves kicking and shooting demons and climbing the tower). Then there is some blah blah about his brother and that's it.

Great...

NINJ4_BL4D3
Originally posted by who?-kid
You got a point. I forgot about Devil May Cry I and II. Their stories also SUCKED.

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing DMC (not the second however), but geez, story wise it was rubbish.

DMC III : oh oh, a giant tower has appeared in the city, this looks like a job for Dante (rest of the story involves kicking and shooting demons and climbing the tower). Then there is some blah blah about his brother and that's it.

Great...

Yep! confused ............ but you gotta love the fighting FMV's........

Darth Jello
because, we already mostly know twilight princess' plot and that it leads into the windwaker

JToTheP
Originally posted by NINJ4_BL4D3
Yep! confused ............ but you gotta love the fighting FMV's........

I doubt he does, he probably has some reason not to.

And Who? Kid, I'll be sure to never ask for action/adventure game recommendations from you. Hell, you probably like Metal Gear Solid 2 better than 3. You probably like that failure Raiden more than Snake and Big Boss.

who?-kid
I doubt he does, he probably has some reason not to.

And Who? Kid, I'll be sure to never ask for action/adventure game recommendations from you. Hell, you probably like Metal Gear Solid 2 better than 3. You probably like that failure Raiden more than Snake and Big Boss.
Oh my God... somebody's bashing me because I said DMC III had a lousy story...

I have the feeling you have trouble accepting other peoples opinions.

Grow up will you.

JToTheP
No, I just sense someone plays too many Final Fantasy games.

And my lack of posting anywhere else aside form the video game forum shows my lack of lurking activity. So grow up yourself before you tell anyone else what to do.

who?-kid
If you can't accept the fact that people have other opinions, you don't belong to a forum.

And why do you bring up Metal Gear Solid ? And Final Fantasy ? Is this your way of proving something ?

Whatever. It's not like you've countered something I said. Until proved otherwise : DMC III has a lame, uninspired and short story. Live with it.

Kayne Archeron
No, I just sense someone plays too many Final Fantasy games.

And my lack of posting anywhere else aside form the video game forum shows my lack of lurking activity. So grow up yourself before you tell anyone else what to do.

hah, that's funny, considering FF has way more variety than DMC... i still enjoy DMC alot, but it's not like the stories were uber depthful or anything

anywho, Radiata Stories has the worst, considering that is by far my most hated game of all time

SaTsuJiN
MGS 2's story was pretty corny.. but it wasnt the worst ever

lets not forget the complicated plot of Bad Dudes...

http://jicksta.com/images/wallpaper/full/ode_to_bad_dudes.jpg

bad dudes 4-evah!.. lollercakes

Kayne Archeron
XD omg, that reminds me of that really crappy Aerosmith arcade game where you shot the records at people... awesome Ky Kiske stuff btw... kinda ironic since i use Sol Badguy *cough*

JToTheP
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
hah, that's funny, considering FF has way more variety than DMC... i still enjoy DMC alot, but it's not like the stories were uber depthful or anything

Any game series that has 12 games can have more variety than a trilogy for your information, unless you didn't think about that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kayne Archeron
then don't say it doesn't... and you don't have go getting defensive over a different opinion

Blaxican Hydra
i think we shoudl all get along and agree that Halo 1's story sucks.

Anthony$Billy
probly tekenn they all have the same thingy msa babobbie tourbnamet and yadda yaddda

Lana
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
i think we shoudl all get along and agree that Halo 1's story sucks.

I wasn't even aware it HAD a story.

And I'll agree on DMC having a lame plot.

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by Lana
I wasn't even aware it HAD a story.

And I'll agree on DMC having a lame plot.

Ballz Mahoney. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

x man25
mortal kombat

JToTheP
Originally posted by x man25
mortal kombat

I figured all along only Soul Calibur was a fighting series with a plot.

Kayne Archeron
I figured all along only Soul Calibur was a fighting series with a plot.

Guilty Gear actually has a decent one too

DarthSidiouss
in my opinion this one is easily taken by kh2... lame story line OWNAGE gameplay smile

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
in my opinion this one is easily taken by kh2... lame story line OWNAGE gameplay smile

word.

gameplay was uber, but yeah...the plot was lame.

Kayne Archeron
i've enjoyed the KH plotline the whole way through... but KH2 seemed like less of an RPG than KH1 =/

leonheartmm
people who nominate kingdom hearts 2 and final fantasy 9 are INSANE. final fantasy 9 has one of the BEST storylines EVER.

leonheartmm
final fantasy X-2 is a strong contendor. TERRIBLE storyline.

Kayne Archeron
it wasn't so much the stories as the characters for me x-x

Blank force
kortor 2 has a bad storyline it pisses me off mad

Barker
Originally posted by Blank force
petpet

JacopeX
Originally posted by streetman
mortal kombat no......

Penelope
Originally posted by Draco69

I nominate Final Fantasy IX...

*shudders*

Good gameplay though....

There are so many f'd up storylines, that its hard to remember them all. laughing out loud

Lana
Originally posted by leonheartmm
final fantasy X-2 is a strong contendor. TERRIBLE storyline.

It actually has a very good plot.

They just ****ed up by not really introducing it until late in the game.

Originally posted by Blank force

KOTOR2's story was lame indeed.

And yeah people are gonna say "but the game was rushed and the ending wasn't finished blah blah blah"...the story was identical to the first one, it just was far more boring. I got barely a quarter through it when I gave up and quit because I was just simply so damn bored with it. That's definitely not due to the ending being messed up, it's just due to it not being a great game.

VanillaCocaCola

And yeah people are gonna say "but the game was rushed and the ending wasn't finished blah blah blah"...the story was identical to the first one, it just was far more boring. I got barely a quarter through it when I gave up and quit because I was just simply so damn bored with it. That's definitely not due to the ending being messed up, it's just due to it not being a great game.

It is in no way shape or form even remotely similar to the first one.

Lana
Originally posted by VanillaCocaCola

"So and so loses their memory and is the only one who can save the galaxy"

Oh yeah, that's not similar to the first at ALL.

...or it's dead-on identical, with only the little details differing.

VanillaCocaCola
"So and so loses their memory and is the only one who can save the galaxy" He knew his past.

Lana
Still a crap game with a lame story.

It was mind-numbingly boring. Not that the first game was the perfect game everyone made it out to be - it's only good at best - but you'd expect the sequel to be at least as good.

VanillaCocaCola
Still a crap game with a lame story.

It was mind-numbingly boring. Not that the first game was the perfect game everyone made it out to be - it's only good at best - but you'd expect the sequel to be at least as good. Which I found it to be. *shrug*

who?-kid
Originally posted by leonheartmm
people who nominate kingdom hearts 2 and final fantasy 9 are INSANE. final fantasy 9 has one of the BEST storylines EVER.
I wouldn't go so far, but I agree, Final Fantasy 9 doesn't belong in this thread.

Haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 yet, but the first one was story wise not extremely impressive, to put it very mildly. Fun game though.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by VanillaCocaCola

Are you mad? The structure of the plot is identical to the first one!

it is one of the worst lapses in creative thought ever seen in a game into which so much effort went.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Are you mad? The structure of the plot is identical to the first one!

it is one of the worst lapses in creative thought ever seen in a game into which so much effort went.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.