LOTR series to have new DVD sets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
Who didn't see this one coming?

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/lord-of-the-rings6.html

The cover art on them is very nice. I haven't extended yet, so this is fine news to me.

WrathfulDwarf
Hmmm....I haven't bought the extended sets yet. So this Limited Edition will be for me. All sets will carry the theatrical and extended versions of the film. That's good enough for me. I'm getting them!

C-Dic
Originally posted by Solo
Who didn't see this one coming?

Pretty much everyone? It's a pointless release. Trying to cram both versions of the movie on one disc make for a laundry list of issues.

A) The disc will be a flipper
B) Picture quality will suffer tremendously
C) You lose the Howard Shore score track
D) You lose the DTS-ES track

Not only that, but MSRP on these is $30? You can get the EE's for $20, the TE's for $10, keep all the great features (DTS especially), and have all the extras.

Bullshit release, and if they end up releasing it on HD/Blu-ray, Peter Jackson will be enterting Luca$ territory.

moviefreak_173
That $30 price tag is suggested retail price that is not what the actual price will be.They will cost $20 when they are released.

Belegūr
Originally posted by C-Dic
Pretty much everyone? It's a pointless release. Trying to cram both versions of the movie on one disc make for a laundry list of issues.

A) The disc will be a flipper
B) Picture quality will suffer tremendously
C) You lose the Howard Shore score track
D) You lose the DTS-ES track

Not only that, but MSRP on these is $30? You can get the EE's for $20, the TE's for $10, keep all the great features (DTS especially), and have all the extras.

Bullshit release, and if they end up releasing it on HD/Blu-ray, Peter Jackson will be enterting Luca$ territory.

???

I think it makes absolute sense....but I won't be buying them, since I already have the movies, and I'll watch the docs &c. elsewhere....

C-Dic
I didn't say anything about it making sense. I guess it makes sense for casual fans who want both versions and don't care how bad the picture and sound are, or if they're flippers or not.

Suleyman
No thanks; I'm more than happy with my Extended Editions (I got RoTK when it was released, and I still haven't worked my way through all the extras!).

coolmovies
I dont have the extended Edditions too ! What about the extres they cant be as good as the the EE ?? can they ?

T.M
I am happy with the box set I have.. big grin

Dusty
I've got the extended box set.

I'm cool, thanks.

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty
I've got the extended box set.

I'm cool, thanks.

yes 12 disks... I'm all set.

Solo
Actually, after hearing Cine say a whole bunch of shit about these new sets, I probably won't be getting them. Instead, I'll just buy the EEs used. I'll save a killing that way.

C-Dic
I sold ALL my LOTR DVD's personally, once I heard they'll be on HD-DVD soon.

Solo
I'm not going to bite any of the HD releases until it stays around for awhile.

coolmovies
Lord of the rings on HD DVD wow must look amazing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.