Tourney Draft #2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Validus

Blair Wind
Shaman for our shared character-

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=89

Mungi has stated that Strange > Shaman

DigiMark007
We'll put off Draft #3 until probably the weekend. lilnutta/Slither will have until then to retain their spot, but Ethereal/Marvelgeek can pick in the meantime as alternates.

Blair Wind
lilnutta said they were out didnt he?

DarkCrawler
Captain Atom (Post-Crisis) for our team.
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/capatom2.htm

Validus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Captain Atom (Post-Crisis) for our team.
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/capatom2.htm
Who's character? Magneto is the shared character, correct?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
lilnutta said they were out didnt he?

We're not sure. It was kind of vague. But in any case, if he's out it's not a big deal and Ethereal/Margelgeek can step in.

grey fox
This is a bit quick.....

I pick Composite Superman.

Now , I pm'd digi about the legality of him .So i'm waiting for his reply ok.

http://www.answers.com/Composite%20Superman

DigiMark007
Nah, like I said...too much stuff. He's not an amalgam, but is still too powerful. Triplicate Girl alone breaks the no duplication rule, and matter-eater lad and a few others call him into question as well.

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
This is a bit quick.....

I pick Composite Superman.

Now , I pm'd digi about the legality of him .So i'm waiting for his reply ok.

http://www.answers.com/Composite%20Superman
A Pre Crisis DC character with all the powers of the Legion of Super-Heroes? I'm going to go ahead and say no.

grey fox
Ok then Thor

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Validus
Who's character? Magneto is the shared character, correct? Batdude isn't on, and we haven't decided yet...I'll tell when he comes online. smile

It's probably his, though.

DigiMark007
Cool. Classic though. No King Thor. thumb up

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Cool. Classic though. No King Thor. thumb up

I understand , no 'Destroying Cap's Sheild' feats here.

Just plain old matter manipulation , Time dilation and soul sucking evil face

Devil Lance
My team selects fernus as Superherovandals character
http://rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Bizzaro.asp?UniqueId=749

Blair Wind
eek2

dude took out the entire justice league.....and killed like 100 white martians...

A.J
i choose that guy Micheal who had all the mutants powers, can someone help me please i cant post links

Validus
Originally posted by A.J
i choose black adam for either me or sam,

but i cant post links......help
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/profiles/blackadam.html

Validus
Originally posted by A.J
i choose that guy Micheal who had all the mutants powers, can someone help me please i cant post links
No.

A.J
why.....

Blair Wind
never mind

Devil Lance
eek2

dude took out the entire justice league.....and killed like 100 white martians...
dude roll eyes (sarcastic) he blasts heat from his eyes Whitte Martians are very vulnerable to heat. Thats the reason He took out so many .

Blair Wind
ummm....let me get the scans again.....It never showed him attacking them, just the aftermath in like a second, and they were all dead

TheKahn
Leo and I select Hal Jordan and he'll by my character:

http://www.dcuguide.com/glcorps/profile.php?name=greenlantern2

Subject to conformation with Leo as neither of us had any idea the second draft was going to be today. erm Maybe we can get a little heads up before the third round starts?

Validus
Originally posted by A.J
why.....
The Collective doesn't have a defined power level.

Devil Lance
ummm....let me get the scans again.....It never showed him attacking them, just the aftermath in like a second, and they were all dead
probably because of his microwave blasts post the scans

Validus
Originally posted by TheKahn

Subject to conformation with Leo as neither of us had any idea the second draft was going to be today. erm Maybe we can get a little heads up before the third round starts?
Read the second reply.

Scoobless
embarrasment ... nevermind

TheKahn
Read the second reply.

So the third will be this weekend. Thanks.

Validus
I personally vote no to Fernus. He physically dominated the JLA team and that's without bringing in his mental powers.

Blair Wind
cant find the scans, but what Val said.

DigiMark007
Yeah, gf has Cyborg Supes, not Quasar. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is Fernus the one Plastic Man fought to a standstill??

And as for the rapidity of drafting....yeah, we'll give a day or two notice for the 3rd one.

grey fox
Yeah, gf has Cyborg Supes, not Quasar. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is Fernus the one Plastic Man fought to a standstill??

And as for the rapidity of drafting....yeah, we'll give a day or two notice for the 3rd one.

WTF

We let in a entity whom can mind-rape , grow to the size of a building , destroy THE ENTIRE ****ING JUSTICE LEAGUE WITH EASE. But no Composite Supes ?

Methinks these rules are bent....

Scoobless
I have no idea who Fernus is but so far he sounds a little much.... i'll go along with the rest of the Corps decision on this

Blair Wind
no because I doubt Fernus would be allowed. And with Element Lads powers alone, Composite Superman is too much of a threat to be even considered "herald" level....

Khellendros
Yeah, I'm gonna toss my vote in for "no" to Fernus. He's juuuust a bit much.

Accel
AW and me select Ronan the Accuser as our second pick.
http://rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=617
I'll debate for him.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Scoobless
I have no idea who Fernus is but so far he sounds a little much.... i'll go along with the rest of the Corps decision on this

Martian Manhunter who realized his potential (and the reason hes scared of fire *guardians MADE them scared, because with it makes them universal threats* )

DigiMark007
Confirmed then. No Fernus.

Regular MM, however, is fine as a pick if anyone wants...

A.J
The Collective doesn't have a defined power level. awwww black adam will do then thanks big grin

Devil Lance
Fine if we can't pick Fernus
we'll go with Martian Manhunter as Superherovandal's character
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=martianmanhunter

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Fine if we can't pick Fernus
we'll go with Martian Manhunter as Superherovandal's character
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=martianmanhunter

thumb up

Validus
WTF

We let in a entity whom can mind-rape , grow to the size of a building , destroy THE ENTIRE ****ING JUSTICE LEAGUE WITH EASE. But no Composite Supes ?

Methinks these rules are bent....
Fernus is over the rules. I say he's banned.

And it's recently been brought to my attention that Shaman is near Strange level in magic. He could be banned, BW.

TheKahn
no because I doubt Fernus would be allowed. And with Element Lads powers alone, Composite Superman is too much of a threat to be even considered "herald" level....

That and the fact that he can split into three different individuals...

grey fox
The Collective doesn't have a defined power level.

Exactly the same reason why I didn't pick sentry in the first round.

Blair Wind
Mungi stated* Strange > Shaman

and Digi has okd it....

*he cant do half the crap Strange can do*

Validus
Zatanna isn't Strange/Fate level either and she's banned. I dunno enough about him either way to say for sure though.

DigiMark007
Z has some considerable matter-manip abilities under most circumstances. Technically she should be able to say "Be a cheese log" backwards and the other team would cease to exist unless they had some magical defence for it.

If it remains strictly attack/defense, Shaman should be ok as long as he doesn't have matter manip, or can't send others to other dimensions and whatnot.

Most of Strange was ok for this tourney....it's honestly just 2 or 3 loophole spells that put him over. But someone can be close to Strange and still be acceptable.

Let's find some actual evidence that he has powers that shouldn't be allowed before we go on a witch hunt.

Devil Lance
Mungi stated* Strange > Shaman

and Digi has okd it....

*he cant do half the crap Strange can do*

I think he should be banned yes
stick out tongue

Khellendros
Just keep in mind Blair Wind, you can't sneak someone in and then have them bust everyone up. If they go over the limits in the tourney, they will be neutered. That said, I don't know enough about Shaman to object at the moment.

Validus
Let's find some actual evidence that he has powers that shouldn't be allowed before we go on a witch hunt.
So who feels like digging around the Alpha Flight thread? stick out tongue

grey fox
Z has some considerable matter-manip abilities under most circumstances. Technically she should be able to say "Be a cheese log" backwards and the other team would cease to exist unless they had some magical defence for it.

If it remains strictly attack/defense, Shaman should be ok as long as he doesn't have matter manip, or can't send others to other dimensions and whatnot.

Most of Strange was ok for this tourney....it's honestly just 2 or 3 loophole spells that put him over. But someone can be close to Strange and still be acceptable.

I don't mean to be the devils advocate , but can't shaman drag people into his purse ?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Khellendros
Just keep in mind Blair Wind, you can't sneak someone in and then have them bust everyone up. If they go over the limits in the tourney, they will be neutered. That said, I don't know enough about Shaman to object at the moment.

I know, if for some odd reason I found out he could do something, I wouldnt use it if its above the tourny. But that I know of, and what Mungi has told me he should be ok for the tourny.

Blair Wind
nevermind

DigiMark007
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman

Sorry Blair....

Freezing Time: Once by holding his hand out and saying "shush", Shaman stopped time in a localized area.

...there's a few others like Astral Projection that make it without doubt, but that's just an example.

And Thor can dimension hop to Asgard, but to my knowledge he's never just sent someone to the Wastes of Nastagrond or something in the middle of a fight.

Blair Wind
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman

Sorry Blair....

Freezing Time: Once by holding his hand out and saying "shush", Shaman stopped time in a localized area.

...there's a few others like Astral Projection that make it without doubt, but that's just an example.

And Thor can dimension hop, but to my knowledge he's never just sent someone to the Wastes of Nastagrond or something in the middle of a fight.

GLs, and SS have frozen time havent they? Most of the people here can manipulate time

astral projection can be banned for all I care, its a stupid attack. (AND most of the characters in the tourny shouldnt be affected by a telepathic attack like that anyways) besides that he should be Loki level.

and neither has he.

Validus
Current picks:

1. Newjak/Blair Wind - G.L. Kyle Rayner (BW) , Shaman (Team)
2. Leo/Kahn - Silver Surfer (Team) , G.L. Hal Jordan (Kahn)
3. Batdude/DC - Magneto (Team) , Captain Atom (??)
4. AW/Accel - Quasar (AW) , Ronan the Accuser (Accel)
5. GF/Psyquis - Cyborg Superman (GF) , Thor (??)
6. DL/Superherovandal - Gladiator (Team) , Martian Manhunter (SHV)
7. Ethereal/Marvelgeek - Black Bolt (??)
8. AJ/Sam Z - Majestic (??) , Black Adam (??)

BW is right. Both Surfer and GL have affected time before.

Scoobless
And Thor can dimension hop to Asgard, but to my knowledge he's never just sent someone to the Wastes of Nastagrond or something in the middle of a fight.

Actually he has.... when fighting the Destroyer he was getting nowhere, in fact it killed him, Odin arranged for him to be brought back and he once again confronted the Destroyer (as it was still running around on Earth).... he realised he couldn't just smack it down so he banished it to a deserted planet in a distant galaxy

..... but I've only ever seen him do that once

Khellendros
Some things on that Shaman site that I don't like:

Absorption: Shaman has been shown to suck things into his pouch like a vacuum.

Astral Form: Shaman can send a astral form out from his body to travel the world or go to the astral plane. While in astral form he can continue controlling his human body. He is able to bringing his pouch with him in astral form.

Handful of Baubles: Shaman used these against Ranaq, a Great Beast by throwing them: "and just for a single wretching moment the universe itself seems to blink out of existence, like a soap bubble suddenly impaled on a thorn." (gotta be beyond Herald level attack)

Great Key: An item pulled from the pouch that emits a bright light. Shaman used this at the Eye of the World. By means of this staff Shaman teleported various people the "Realm of the Beasts".

Scoobless
Both Surfer and GL have affected time before.

So we ban time altering in the tourney

Ethereal
Unfortunately marvel geek has been MIA

So what should I do? Get a replacement

Validus
Originally posted by Ethereal
Unfortunately marvel geek has been MIA

So what should I do? Get a replacement
Yup. I'm sure you could find one.

grey fox

What about time slowing ?

leonidas
problem i have with shaman's powers is that their actual levels are not known. can be blow dust and make everyone sleep? can he freeze everyone with anti-flying? what are the limits of his healing powers? can he instantly heal anyone injured on his team? he's even made copies of the whole team of af.

and while he may be said to be below strange, wasn't it byrne who also said he basically IS dr. strange?

Blair Wind
and astral projection was banned, but not the magic users who use it...same thing

Thors hammer = Great Key

even better Thors Hammer = Shamans Pouch

a soap attack....doesnt even make sense...

all the attacks and things that he can do some of the other characters can do as well (time, absorbing, telepathy)

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
problem i have with shaman's powers is that their actual levels are not known. can be blow dust and make everyone sleep? can he freeze everyone with anti-flying? what are the limits of his healing powers? can he instantly heal anyone injured on his team? he's even made copies of the whole team of af.

In other words, is he as big a plot device as Green Lantern and Silver Surfer?

grey fox
and astral projection was banned, but not the magic users who use it...same thing

Thors hammer = Great Key

even better Thors Hammer = Shamans Pouch

a soap attack....doesnt even make sense...

all the attacks and things that he can do some of the other characters can do as well (time, absorbing, telepathy)

Huh ?

Great Key ?

Blair Wind

and while he may be said to be below strange, wasn't it byrne who also said he basically IS dr. strange?

I can have a scan for anything he actually does

batdude123

DAMN YOU! mad I was going to tell DC to draft Hal before we got Captain Atom!

Ethereal
I draft Dark Angel then for my pick.. until I get a partner

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/darkangelhaldane.htm

Scoobless
What about time slowing ?

No go... time slowing is essentially the same thing as a speedforce/speedblitz attack

no time manipulation at all

Blair Wind
killability level is crazy on her. She turns to something that wont let anything hit her? eek2

Ethereal
Thats just hyperbole

grey fox
No go... time slowing is essentially the same thing as a speedforce/speedblitz attack

no time manipulation at all

GODAMMIT !!!!

How can I accurately pwn my opponents now.....

Validus
GODAMMIT !!!!

How can I accurately pwn my opponents now.....
Mjolnir has more powers than Mega Man. I think you'll live. stick out tongue

grey fox

No go joe , her powers allow her to take any attack and not be affected. Absolute Invincibility is....BANNED !!!

leonidas
In other words, is he as big a plot device as Green Lantern and Silver Surfer?

he COULD be. i know bw could provide scans for him but putting a bunch of low-levellers to sleep doesn't translate to being able to put cosmics to sleep. i just find the limits of his powers too vague. and it's the one-hit deaths that he might deal out that i don't like. freezing someone for instance. he pulls out dust and freezes all flying characters. what do we say -- 'no you can't! my guys are too powerful!'

it turns into yes i can no you can't and it can't be resolved. in the freezing case he froze snowbird (a goddess/near-goddess). that's pretty high calibre.

one-hit deaths are never a good thing in a tournament . . .

Khellendros

Umm no. Turns out nothing ever hits her. Her entire body is a void. She's like Cloak with Herald level powers to boot.

Validus
he COULD be. i know bw could provide scans for him but putting a bunch of low-levellers to sleep doesn't translate to being able to put cosmics to sleep. i just find the limits of his powers too vague. and it's the one-hit deaths that he might deal out that i don't like. freezing someone for instance. he pulls out dust and freezes all flying characters. what do we say -- 'no you can't! my guys are too powerful!'

it turns into yes i can no you can't and it can't be resolved. in the freezing case he froze snowbird (a goddess/near-goddess). that's pretty high calibre.

one-hit deaths are never a good thing in a tournament . . .
I don't know leo. I just think those kinds of powers are inevitable in a herald level tourney. Thor has a sleeping power with Mjolnir. Hal has done it before. I'm sure Surfer can. Ronan has some sick powers too.

Khellendros
Only problem is Shaman seems to be a big bundle of nothing BUT those cheap powers.

grey fox
I don't know leo. I just think those kinds of powers are inevitable in a herald level tourney. Thor has a sleeping power with Mjolnir. Hal has done it before. I'm sure Surfer can. Ronan has some sick powers too.

Val....

Blair Wind
Only problem is Shaman seems to be a big bundle of nothing BUT those cheap powers.

and Mjolnir isnt?? confused

Khellendros
and Mjolnir isnt?? confused
No, he's got a bunch of energy manip powers, sure, but most of what he does is standard Herald fare. Then he has one or two maybe cheap things. SHAMAN, on the other hand, has like every cheap power you can think of in one guy.

EDIT: I don't know why I'm arguing, Digi already banned Shaman, didn't he?

TheKahn
My big concern with Shaman is the use of the void. Would it count as BFR and thus be banned? confused

Blair Wind
My big concern with Shaman is the use of the void. Would it count as BFR and thus be banned? confused

same could be said about the hammer. The said power just not allowed period, even if certain people can do it.

DigiMark007

That's about the only thing I can wrap my mind around right now. But yeah, no time manip....that's a primary reason we banned a bunch of magic users.

...this is why tourneys are hard as hell...Shaman seems too crazy to ever let him through. We'd have to neuter half his powers to make him acceptable.

...no more decisions right now though....I have to go to work. Try and figure something out while I'm gone though, eh? I appreciate the effort though....people taking this seriously is always a good sign, even if we're having differences of opinion.

Battlefield removal counting as a win also isn't an option for fights, so sending others to another dimension (Shaman/Thor) or through teleportation hasn't been allowed for a while.

grey fox

Validus
Val....
Did I say Thor? That was a typo for Odin. jockey

Blair Wind
and so much more....

I see nothing there that Thor, SS, and a GL cant do....and the odd one or two that they cant are either allowed, or not like astral projection which can just be taken out of the fight...

Khellendros
I see nothing there that Thor, SS, and a GL cant do....and the odd one or two that they cant are either allowed, or not like astral projection which can just be taken out of the fight...
Wrong. there's nothing there Thor, SS OR a GL could do. None of them can do ALL of those as far as I know.

EDIT: Look, he's got, what, three? Four powers already banned? Those alone should be sufficient to keep him out. I don't know why this is still a discussion.

Blair Wind
Wrong. there's nothing there Thor, SS OR a GL could do. None of them can do ALL of those as far as I know.

Shrinking?

weather manipulation?

Forcefields?

Sleeping?

soul imprisionment?

energy deflection?

healing?

flying?

deevolve someone?

they seem to be able to do all of those cant they? and more but I think you get the picture

alot of the other powers are dealing with spirits (pure spirits) Just because it looks like alot doesnt mean its not allowed. The hammer and the Ring can do lots as well.

ONE power banned (astral projection) the ONLY one unique to him. ALL the other powers that have been banned pertain to OTHERS as well.

Khellendros
Meh. I just don't see why we have to nitpick through this one character weeding out what he can and can't do when there are a ton of very useable cahracters to choose from in comicdom.

Blair Wind
he has only one power truely banned FOR HIM.....I dont see why this is a discussion. All the other powers have been banned for others like Thor, SS AND GL....confused

grey fox
Night guy's

Validus
Have we decided whether Dark Angel is banned?

King_Mungi
Yesh! all this debate for Shaman? it's a good thing he didn't pick Witchfire.

Khellendros
Have we decided whether Dark Angel is banned?
Well a couple GL's (me included) said no to her and I haven't seen anyone make a case for her, so I'm saying yes.

Blair Wind
he has only one power truely banned FOR HIM (astral projection which I dont want or need).....I dont see why this is a discussion. All the other powers have been banned for others like Thor, SS AND GL....confused

leonidas
2 actually. astral travel and void which = bfr. and if he shushes everyone . . .? confused

Blair Wind
I mean specific to him. That also concerns Thor, as does time manip (which also includes GL, and SS)

leonidas
and if he shushes everyone . . .?

leonidas
anyone . . .? confused

Blair Wind
its not allowed. Just like GL, SS, and thor cant stop time.

Scoobless
Anyone got a list of up to date round 2 drafts?

Blair Wind
Current picks:

1. Newjak/Blair Wind - G.L. Kyle Rayner (BW) , Shaman (Team)

BW is right. Both Surfer and GL have affected time before.

I dont think anyone made a choice that counts (ie Dark Angel) after this

Khellendros
Current picks:

1. Newjak/Blair Wind - G.L. Kyle Rayner (BW)

The REAL list, since the last decision Digi made was to ban Shaman.

Blair Wind

...no more decisions right now though....I have to go to work. Try and figure something out while I'm gone though, eh? I appreciate the effort though....people taking this seriously is always a good sign, even if we're having differences of opinion.

Battlefield removal counting as a win also isn't an option for fights, so sending others to another dimension (Shaman/Thor) or through teleportation hasn't been allowed for a while.

no expression

leonidas
okay, no shushing, no void, no astral projection, no time manip, no copying team-mates. (for anyone)

meh, if all that is acceptable, i guess i can't really complain about him. the no loopholes ought to keep anything mungi, er, blair . . ., has in 'hiding' from getting outta hand.

i leave the final decision to the group. near as i can tell, val is on the fence, khell says no, digi no comment. scoob? any other glc member not in the tournament, speak up! smile

Khellendros
Exactly. "No more decisions." And the last decision he made, before that post, was that Shaman was banned. He may change his mind, but for now that's how things stand.

Blair Wind
okay, no shushing, no void, no astral projection, no time manip, no copying team-mates. (for anyone)

meh, if all that is acceptable, i guess i can't really complain about him. the no loopholes ought to keep anything mungi, er, blair . . ., has in 'hiding' from getting outta hand.

i leave the final decision to the group. near as i can tell, val is on the fence, khell says no, digi no comment. scoob? any other glc member not in the tournament, speak up! smile

what he said....

leonidas
fair 'nuff. sorry bw. you may still get him though . . . sad

Scoobless

I voiced my opinion on Shaman before the tourney signups even started:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371981&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=41

I've always been opposed to spellcasters being in tourneys

Blair Wind
fine.....for now I think Ill just go with Mogo, the GL (until Shaman is either given or denied)

http://www.glcorps.org/book.html

(it wont let me give a direct link....just look him up)

Khellendros
I've heard Mogo is going to be taking on Ion in his book soon. If this is the case, and Mogo puts up a good fight, that might put him a bit higher than Herald level.

Blair Wind
eh, Ion isnt as powerful as he was back then right? and you cant speculate....anyways what GL is above herald level??

Khellendros
eh, Ion isnt as powerful as he was back then right? and you cant speculate....anyways what GL is above herald level??
Back then...? I'm talking current Ion. The one who is weaker than he was but still far above most other GLs in power.

Blair Wind
Im talking about current Ion is weaker than the last time he was Ion....and you cant speculate...

Validus
Mogo doesn't have feats but he's supposed to be far and away above the normal GL's. I don't see anybody in this tournament beating him.

Khellendros
Reading up on Mogo, he's coming off like Ego here. Apparently he can create constructs out of his own mass? So, basically, you want to bring an entire planet's-worth of cannon fodder to your fights.

leonidas
doh

Khellendros
Yeah... in Mister Miracle 14, Mogo was knocking around Mr. Miracle and Lobo without any sign of his GL powers.

Blair Wind
Yeah... in Mister Miracle 14, Mogo was knocking around Mr. Miracle and Lobo without any sign of his GL powers.

Hal was beating Lobo and Captain Cosmic.

and doesnt Surfer have planet destorying blasts?

common, its just a planet sized GL big grin

He has about two showings. One was with Kyle (he really didnt do anything but suck Kyle down with his natural gravity, and he can control his earth (he was trying to drag Kyle down) *while Kyle was fighting Kilowag.....*

The other he was just creating a localized storm.

I think its a brilliant idea myself. He is a GL. Basically I can just use feats from other Gls, since they can all do about the same thing.

Besides even rookie GLs have feats of moving planets (which mogo is.....if a gl can do so can any of the other contestents, hal trampolined a moon, things like that.

Khellendros
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna vote against ANY GL who can smack around and entrap friggin LOBO and Mr. Miracle without even needing his ring powers.

Blair Wind
So lobo has no attacks that can down a planet, right?

I mean SS should*, any GL should*......Thor could*...
*assuming he had no ring*

Khellendros
And yet, Thor couldn't down Ego.

Blair Wind
Ego is much different from Mogo. He can eat other planets , and has psionic powers, and that we know of much better control of his body (creating arms?).

Mogo, all he has done with that power is try to swallow Kyle (who was standing on the planet)

Khellendros
About the only thing Ego can do that Mogo can't duplicate is telepathy.

outarddwarf
i was seriously thinking that someone would draft Mogo and i would love to see blair use him.

Edit: not that i want him to automatically get a charactor above tourney rules however.

Validus
Ego is much different from Mogo. He can eat other planets , and has psionic powers, and that we know of much better control of his body (creating arms?).

Mogo, all he has done with that power is try to swallow Kyle (who was standing on the planet)
No, Mogo can create constructs without his power ring. He was created to be DC's Ego hence the name.

Blair Wind
But Ego is still more powerful. Swallowing other planets? Mogo hasnt shown the ability to do anything like that.

Khellendros
your speculating.....his "body" control is greater....no basis has been formed that the extention of all he can do is "swallow" people standing on the ground.
He can actually animate stone, thats how he was smashing around Lobo. Look, bottom line, he'd give Thanos a damn good fight and likely beat him.

TheKahn
So is there any evidence that he is more powerful than a standard GL?

Edit: just read Khellendros post.

Validus
But Ego is still more powerful. Swallowing other planets? Mogo hasnt shown the ability to do anything like that.
But like Khell just said, he's capable of creating and animating parts of his mass to easily smack around Class 100's. Without a power ring he's a match for anyone in this tourney.

Blair Wind
whistle

leonidas
whistle

Validus
So lobo has no attacks that can down a planet, right?

I mean SS should*, any GL should*......Thor could*...
*assuming he had no ring*
But he does have a ring. It takes an all out, pissed off SS just to blow up a normal planet. He wouldn't have a shot in hell of beating Mogo.

Quite frankly, Mogo should be banned for the same reason The Collective and the Sentry are banned. No defined power level.

Khellendros
Dude, a Planet like Mogo could repeatedly hit someone with billions upon billions of tons of force without even drastically depleting his own mass. That's too far above the limits.

Blair Wind
ok what about this:

I just dont move his mass at all. I mean other than traveling?
would that help?

Khellendros
...No. That was just ONE reason why he's too far above the limits. Look, you've had two GLC members say he's banned. Just fire off a PM to Digi if you really want and stop arguing about this.

Blair Wind
big grin Will do.....moving mass is the only real reason youve given, but I can live without it

Validus
No. The lack of a defined power level is all the reason we need. bloogen

Blair Wind
a normal GLs limit is fine with me....which is under herald level big grin

Khellendros
A GL who can at a moment's notice hit someone with a planetary mass? No. Pick another GL if normal GL level is fine for you.

Blair Wind
well there are other aspects to the character that intrigue me....his size being one of them....HOWEVER Hal has blown a planet to bits before. so this shouldnt be a problem....

but whatever I pmd Digi...

Validus
well there are other aspects to the character that intrigue me....his size being one of them....HOWEVER Hal has blown a planet to bits before. so this shouldnt be a problem....

None of those planets were alive.

Blair Wind
that changes anything how? a planet being planet sized, even if alive....is still a planet.

Validus
that changes anything how? a planet being planet sized, even if alive....is still a planet.
A planet that can shift it's mass to make itself more durable at the point of impact? That doesn't change anything? Never mind that it has it a power ring making itself even more durable.

Khellendros
laughing out loud
Gotta say, I LOVE the way you're basically insulting our intelligence trying to push this guy through.

Blair Wind
laughing out loud Im not trying to do that. Im just saying that without moving his mass, and assuming that his GL powers are level with everyone elses, he should be an ok pick

I mean his durability isnt even as good as Surfers...I mean could the planet live going through a sun??? stick out tongue

Khellendros
And yet you cling to this pick like a starving dog to a steak, all the while telling us he's nothing special.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>