"Jedi"-A religion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaxicanTroller
Intresting, see for yourself

Discuss.

Admiral Akbar
Umm. A lot of it is pretty interesting actually. Except the Jedi Academy school. That bit was cheesy, lol.

DiamondBullets
That's sad. A fictional concept from a MOVIE is an official religion. no

Admiral Akbar
All religions at one point or another were cosidered bs and fictional.

Sin Harvest
Look if these people are too stupid to understand that Star Wars is just a movie that's their problem. Let them figure out that there's no such thing as the Force and that there is no such thing as a Jedi.

BlaxicanTroller
Its not the Jedi themselves, its there ideals. Do you know the Jedi code? I'm a christian, but I admit that if all humans followed the Jedi Code flawlessly this planet would be alot safer and better.

Sin Harvest
No because if we followed the Jedi Codes some idiots would then go around following the Sith Codes.

Admiral Akbar
lol.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
No because if we followed the Jedi Codes some idiots would then go around following the Sith Codes.

Well of course, and Id be one of them. evil face

overlord
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Its not the Jedi themselves, its there ideals. Do you know the Jedi code? I'm a christian, but I admit that if all humans followed the Jedi Code flawlessly this planet would be alot safer and better.
Trouble is that the human race would get extinct due to the rule of not forming attachment. wink

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by overlord
Trouble is that the human race would get extinct due to the rule of not forming attachment. wink

That and this is stupid. All a Jedi is, is a new Crusader/Paladin. Same morals and crap like that. People need to get over it. Religion is (usually) men creation to explain how everything came to be, what happened after death, and how the world will end.

The "Jedi" religion offers none of that. Basically it's just a code to go by like a cult or something.

JaehSkywalker
not all of The Jedi code is right you know... even though some are, some still aren't...

and darn, are those people crazy or what? Star Wars is only a movie! sheesh...

Darth Vious
Religion is for the weak.
I put Jedi as my religion on the UK cencus as no other catagory suitably described my spiritual beliefs, which are best described as a fusion of Budhism, Tibettan Mysticism and Wicca. I am a spiritual person, but not a religious one. I find it amusing that there are more Jedi than Jews in the UK, a fact I tell great pleasure in telling my mother (who's family are Jewish)

KingDubya
I never knew they were adorable... confused

Sin Harvest
Wookies are known to rip someone's arms out just for losing a game. That's so cute. roll eyes (sarcastic)

OB1-adobe
I love Star Wars, I never really get sick of it.

But these people have problems.

It just shows that people in Romania have nothing better to do, and that the state of their country must be that crappy that some people have no other ambition but to study star wars as a faith.

A class on how to speak wookie? Like anyone knows what chewy was saying in the first place. Oh wait, I'm sure someone knows of a book where all of the Star Wars lingos are translated. Yet again I rest my case on idiocricy of that.

If I took that class I would immedietly feel like an idiot when the teacher did roll call and I 'd be Like "Here!"
Just watch the movies, buy the toys, wear the t-shirt, hang the poster, play the videogame, and eat the bowl of C-3PO's

Star Wars isn't a religion its a franchise.

They Might as well start making religions into franchises

Passion of the christ action figures. Power action quick change Christ goes from looking holy, but dip in warm water and turns into bloody lacerated mess. All other action figures and Crucifix sold seperatley

Sin Harvest
Well any who I started the First Church of Sith. Anyone here want to follow the Sith Religion?

Just kidding.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I love Star Wars, I never really get sick of it.

But these people have problems.

It just shows that people in Romania have nothing better to do, and that the state of their country must be that crappy that some people have no other ambition but to study star wars as a faith.

A class on how to speak wookie? Like anyone knows what chewy was saying in the first place. Oh wait, I'm sure someone knows of a book where all of the Star Wars lingos are translated. Yet again I rest my case on idiocricy of that.

If I took that class I would immedietly feel like an idiot when the teacher did roll call and I 'd be Like "Here!"
Just watch the movies, buy the toys, wear the t-shirt, hang the poster, play the videogame, and eat the bowl of C-3PO's

Star Wars isn't a religion its a franchise.

They Might as well start making religions into franchises

Passion of the christ action figures. Power action quick change Christ goes from looking holy, but dip in warm water and turns into bloody lacerated mess. All other action figures and Crucifix sold seperatley
Religion (particularly Christianity/Catholicism) already is a franchise...
Has it occured to you that when coming up with the concepts for the Force, Lucas drew heavily on Eastern religions and philosophies?
Have you ever heard of laylines or dousing? That is all about using the planet's natural energy fields, which was how both Yoda and Obi-Wan described the Force...
I agree, the idea of classes on how to speak Wookie are pretty stupid, but would you dismiss someone who studied Christianity as lacking in ambition?

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Darth Vious
Has it occured to you that when coming up with the concepts for the Force, Lucas drew heavily on Eastern religions and philosophies?
Have you ever heard of laylines or dousing? That is all about using the planet's natural energy fields, which was how both Yoda and Obi-Wan described the Force...
I agree, the idea of classes on how to speak Wookie are pretty stupid, but would you dismiss someone who studied Christianity as lacking in ambition?

2 different things. This is a RELIGION based on a MOVIE. A movie the creator George Lucas calls fake meaning it never happened. The accounts and life of Jesus has been proven true over the years.

JaehSkywalker
2 different things. This is a RELIGION based on a MOVIE. A movie the creator George Lucas calls fake meaning it never happened. The accounts and life of Jesus has been proven true over the years.

agreed.

I think they're just people who has nothing to do..

darn, how to speak wookie.. *growls* I had my first lesson yesterday

just kidding...

Darth Vious
Are you serious? The Bible is nothing but a work of fiction! That there was someone called Jesus 2000 years ago, I do not deny. He was not however, the Son of God! Religion is an entirely man-made creation. Sprituality however, is a completely different thing.

Christianity is nothing more than a religion based on the teachings of a man. That makes it a cult. Christianity is no more authentic as a religion than Scientology (which was created by a sci-fi writer as a bet)

PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=666&highlight=jedi+religion

BlaxicanTroller
Are you serious? The Bible is nothing but a work of fiction! That there was someone called Jesus 2000 years ago, I do not deny. He was not however, the Son of God! Religion is an entirely man-made creation. Sprituality however, is a completely different thing.

Christianity is nothing more than a religion based on the teachings of a man. That makes it a cult. Christianity is no more authentic as a religion than Scientology (which was created by a sci-fi writer as a bet)

1. I am a christian, so please, leave your beliefs to yourself.

2. LEts focus on the actual tipic, as opposed to REAL relgions and wiether or not there true.

Darth Vious
1. I am a christian, so please, leave your beliefs to yourself.

So what? According to the UK Cencus, I am a Jedi. If you want me to respect your 'beliefs', then you have to respect mine. Also, my opinons on Christianity are not 'beliefs', they are facts.

2. LEts focus on the actual tipic, as opposed to REAL relgions and wiether or not there true.
So you saying that my beliefs are not as valid as yours, yet you expect me to respect your beliefs (which is based on a fiction) Please explain the logic there.

Also, before you say anything about me having a dig at Christians, I've also had a dig at Scientologists, and if you want, I'll start ripping into Muslims, because their 'religion' is the most twisted of them all...

BlaxicanTroller
So what? According to the UK Cencus, I am a Jedi. If you want me to respect your 'beliefs', then you have to respect mine. Also, my opinons on Christianity are not 'beliefs', they are facts.

So you saying that my beliefs are not as valid as yours, yet you expect me to respect your beliefs (which is based on a fiction) Please explain the logic there.

Also, before you say anything about me having a dig at Christians, I've also had a dig at Scientologists, and if you want, I'll start ripping into Muslims, because their 'religion' is the most twisted of them all...

Please show me the part were I said I did not respect your beliefs. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Anthony$Billy
Well that Little Stroy of beivles are truly odd. What losers....

And also religon isnt a man made thing. The only thing thats man made its the Cover on the bible. But yet. aigan thats my opion. Every is free to express there on opion. BUT. I think the most realsict religon is Jeaovhas's Witnesses. wink

Sin Harvest

Can you back up your words?

You are one sad little man aren't you? I hope you don't actually mean that you believe in the nonsense of the Jedi. Fact is people are willing to die for Jesus, and it has been proven that the Bible is true by people who were both followers of Christ and even those who wanted to prove that Christ was never around.

overlord
OMG! I just read the article instead of replying without thinking like usual! So do these people actually try not to form attachment?

By the way Vious. Christianity isn't a cult that is based on the teachings of some guy. It is a bunch of stories wich you can learn from or something, who cares. It's not comparible to Scientology in anyway, go away.

Anthony$Billy
Its Weeid how people think religon is all made-up

Darth Vious
Please show me the part were I said I did not respect your beliefs.

You are stating that Jedi beliefs are not real, so you are belittling it as a religion. Did you see my comment about laylines and dowsing?

Reading comprehension is your friend.
It is indeed, and clearly one you haven't been introduced to yet.

Darth Vious
By the way Vious. Christianity isn't a cult that is based on the teachings of some guy.
??? laughing laughing laughing Are you f*cking serious? You just said:

It is a bunch of stories wich you can learn from or something
Based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth! It is following the teachings of a (once) living person! That makes it a cult! Don't just take my word for it...

Christianity can be described by the first seven of those definitions, so I hate to break it to you, but it is a cult.

It's not comparible to Scientology in anyway
Both were made up, and infact, comparable in just about everyway such as not providing proof of 'God's existence...

go away.
I told you before, you're not a moderator, you're just a troll, so don't try telling me what to do (I'm not going to do it anyway) so either contribute something to the debate, or f*ck off.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Anthony$Billy
Its Weeid how people think religon is all made-up
What's 'weeid' is how people think that it isn't...

BlaxicanTroller
I told you before, you're not a moderator, you're just a troll, so don't try telling me what to do (I'm not going to do it anyway) so either contribute something to the debate, or f*ck off.

Debate what, dumba*s? We're talking about a "not official" so it's not yet counted as "real" religion. Not about christianity.

Anthony$Billy
ive been here for 3 days and ur already on my bad list. VIoucs just shhhhhhhh for now.. plz

Spawn_Master
No because if we followed the Jedi Codes some idiots would then go around following the Sith Codes. True laughing

OB1-adobe

My fellow man, Jesus Christ was a REAL guy (or at least as far as we know)

Star wars, and everything about it, primarily came out out of some guys head and pulled a bunch of different influences to tell a story.

Someone can study christianity all they want, whether you are a believer or just being objective.

In believing in Jedi Faith you can only be a believer, or a non believer.

And thats the difference. You can't be objective because your either, a major Nerd, or like most oxygen sucking clowns who know its just a movie

Anthony$Billy
nice well spoken

Darth Vious

There are more Jedi than Jews in the UK. How do you like that for 'official', dumba$$? What's the possibility that in 2000 years, it will be as acceptable to say you are a Jedi, as it is now to say you're a Christian?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Anthony$Billy
ive been here for 3 days and ur already on my bad list. VIoucs just shhhhhhhh for now.. plz
Oh no, I'm not sure how I'll ever survive that knowledge... Just because you might not agree with what I'm saying, don't try telling me that I can't say it.

Darth Vious
My fellow man, Jesus Christ was a REAL guy (or at least as far as we know)

Star wars, and everything about it, primarily came out out of some guys head and pulled a bunch of different influences to tell a story.

Someone can study christianity all they want, whether you are a believer or just being objective.

In believing in Jedi Faith you can only be a believer, or a non believer.

And thats the difference. You can't be objective because your either, a major Nerd, or like most oxygen sucking clowns who know its just a movie
On the contrary, I'm being quite objective. I already pointed out that I disliked other religions as well as Christianity. Also, I never disputed the fact that Jesus was a real person, infact, I said twice that he was. Maybe you'd care to point out which of these dictionary definitions of a Cult that Christianity does not fall under, and then try saying my comment was incorrect.

The only definitions that do not currently apply are 6 and 8. However, when Christianity started 2000 years ago, it was considered to be 'false, unorthodox and extremist', by both the existing Hebrew Scholars and the then Pagan Romans, who had a rather nifty use for Christians...
The only definition that has never applied to Christianity is the last one.

OB1-adobe
On the contrary, I'm being quite objective.

I wasn't referring to you personally, I was referring to the general public

Though, reading your hobbies you list 'Lightsaber contruction' as one of them.

I'm not even gonna say it

Darth Vious
I wasn't referring to you personally, I was referring to the general public
Then my apologies for taking the comment personally, I misunderstood your intention.

overlord
??? laughing laughing laughing Are you f*cking serious? You just said:

Based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth! It is following the teachings of a (once) living person! That makes it a cult! Don't just take my word for it...

Christianity can be described by the first seven of those definitions, so I hate to break it to you, but it is a cult.

Both were made up, and infact, comparable in just about everyway such as not providing proof of 'God's existence...

You told me before that I am not a moderator? Go celebrate; you've just achieved something in your life.
Christianity isn't already comparible to Scientology and REALLY not comparible to a cult. Christianity counts as a religion just like Hinduism. Do you have proof that Jesus actually existed? And no teachings were forced upon us, actually, I can't remember any commands of Jesus. We see him as a (once) sort of guru and the savior and who will come again to save us.

I hate to break it to you but you are a useless moron..

Darth Vious
You told me before that I am not a moderator? Go celebrate; you've just achieved something in your life.
Just one of many achievements. More than can be said for you,
Mr. I-Can't-Prove-My-Point-For-Shit-and-Argue-with-Dictionary-Definitions

Christianity isn't already comparible to Scientology
Scientology was made up by L.Ron Hubbard. Christianity was made up by the people who followed his teachings.

REALLY not comparible to a cult.
Really? Let's take another look at that opinion shall we? Here's

The only definitions that do not currently apply are 6 and 8. However, when Christianity started 2000 years ago, it was considered to be 'false, unorthodox and extremist', by both the existing Hebrew Scholars and the then Pagan Romans, who had a rather nifty use for Christians...
The only definition that has never applied to Christianity is the last one.

So, you were saying that it wasn't comparable to a Cult?

Would you like your Humble Pie hot or cold?

Do you have proof that Jesus actually existed?
If he didn't exist, then Christianity would be even more ficticious, because it would then be based on a made up person rather than a real one.

I hate to break it to you but you are a useless moron..
Yes, I'm so useless I have my own flat and run my own art consultancy. The only moron here is you, for arguing with dictionary definitions.

Sin Harvest
Yes, I'm so useless I have my own flat and run my own art consultancy. The only moron here is you, for arguing with dictionary definitions.

He's not on here (claiming) to be 28, married, and this grand swordsmaster and yet all you do is *****, whine, and complain about the Clone Wars cartoon and now that someone is trying to defend his beliefs you ***** about that.

Congrats; you are completely lifeless

Anthony$Billy

He's not on here (claiming) to be 28, married, and this grand swordsmaster and yet all you do is *****, whine, and complain about the Clone Wars cartoon and now that someone is trying to defend his beliefs you ***** about that.

Congrats; you are completely lifeless

well siad for. Happy Dance

overlord
Just one of many achievements. More than can be said for you,
Mr. I-Can't-Prove-My-Point-For-Shit-and-Argue-with-Dictionary-Definitions
Yes, you probably have got a lot of achievements on your name, that's why you spend so much time here. But I am impressed that you could tell that I am not a moderator, yes it comes across retarded but it at least proves you got eyesight.
At least I don't base all my thought on dumbass bague dictionary definitions. Go fetch some basic logic.
I don't even consider scientology a cult. That guy never asked for all the crap people made up around him, I think. Christianity sprung from judaism and christianity held the idea of one God. So suddenly they came to believe one guy to be their savior, big deal.
Everybody considers christianity as a religion, except some random no name.

Funny though how you start to prove yourself wrong by saying Scientology was made up by one man and christianity by a whole lot of people who probably did it in a process of time.
How the hell is christianity a cult in that case?
OMG, so it started out believed to be a false religion, that's so surprising! Just because cults are a bit simular to religions doesn't make it the other way around also true. Your dumbass rules for something to be a cult are way too vague.
Tell me, is the Islam also a cult in your highly acclaimed opinion with their Muhammad and with their perhaps extreme ideas or whatever? Not that it matter what you say, you are very confused anyway.
If L. Ron Hubbard actually never existed and just mentioned as some kind of child of God or angel who came to earth giving people stories so they could get their own interpretations out of it to form a certain belief, would scientology still be considered a cult by you and your amazing dictionary?
You are pointlessly going against the world with your dumbass internet dictionary. Just face it, Christianity has become a religion a long time ago.
Idiots can't change that fact even though they claim to be highly successful in life and still feel the need to hold completely pointless discussions on the internet.

Anthony$Billy
who ever thinks scietology is real should just put them selves in a isolated spot bang there head agianst a wall and cosndier themselves insane Happy Dance

JaehSkywalker
what are we talking about? religion, christianity, scientology or jediism(or whatever)?

overlord
I don't know what started this wiseguy behavior or last word syndrom by Vious but apperantly people have proclaimed themselves jedi or something in Australia and Romanian people (of whom I didn't know they even had theatres) have opened a school to talk wookie, although all the growls seem exactly the same.
And then suddenly we had: "WAWAWA!! Christianity is a cult according to my dictionare extraordinaire!!" (AKA: Who the hell cares!)

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by =X=
2 different things. This is a RELIGION based on a MOVIE. A movie the creator George Lucas calls fake meaning it never happened. The accounts and life of Jesus has been proven true over the years. LOL, the life of jesus is the biggest scam in human history. bunch of fruitcakes hanging around drinking cheap wine and fondling themselves.

Blaxican Hydra
w/e Vious.

JaehSkywalker
can everybody just go back to the topic? :-/

i still don't get why they made the jedi religion stuff...

its just a movie ain't it?

overlord
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
LOL, the life of jesus is the biggest scam in human history. bunch of fruitcakes hanging around drinking cheap wine and fondling themselves. Who the hell cares, idiot. So the bible preaches you to behave and don't do wrong.. Why all the commotion about it? There probably was a guy named Jesus once who was killed. What the hell is it with americans and their extreme disgust about religion?
Are you all rebelling against your parents that way or some other pathetic reason? Here in Europe, we spend our attention on other stuff instead of constantly praising Jesus or absolutely hating Christianity. It's called having a life, I recommend it.

=X=
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
LOL, the life of jesus is the biggest scam in human history. bunch of fruitcakes hanging around drinking cheap wine and fondling themselves.

http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~bartmac/stfu.jpg

Blaxican Hydra
Dude, can you at least use some differant god damn pictures? Every picture you'ev postd EVER on the KMC I have already seen. HELL I've even had that picture of vader saying stfu or i will force chocke you on my myspace for almost a full year.

ESB -1138
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i35/jpcrotc/dooku-lightning.jpg

Darth Kreiger
I'm surprised no one has brought this up.
Do these people believe they can use the Force? And if they can, sign me up, I could sit around all day and bring food to me with the Force, ultimate Lazyness achieved! Happy Dance smokin' smokin' smokin'

overlord
I would personally travel to the 'US of A' and start electrocuting all the cute restricted members and children who cry about me trolling. POWER UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
I'm surprised no one has brought this up.
Do these people believe they can use the Force? And if they can, sign me up, I could sit around all day and bring food to me with the Force, ultimate Lazyness achieved! Happy Dance smokin' smokin' smokin'

me too...

ESB -1138
I would personally travel to the 'US of A' and start electrocuting all the cute restricted members and children who cry about me trolling. POWER UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

And I would join you on your quest just because they annoyed me.

Darth Vious

overlord

Darth Vious
By quoting me wrongly,
I wasn't quoting you wrongly, I just didn't want to take up the entire post with yours, as I had no intention of discussing it indepth.

bragging (or probably lying) about having a successful life,
I wasn't bragging, I was informing, also, I have no reason to lie.

by being banned for being childish
Actually, I was banned because Ushgarak did not agree with what I was saying, but could not defend his point. I've argued with forum owners who disagreed with me politically, but they still never banned me just because they didn't agree with what I was saying, so banning me only proved how weak his point was, or he would have been able to defend it properly. Lison pointed out quite clearly that the forum policy lists the Movies as the highest canon, not Lucas, and Ushgarak still refused to accept that that was what the policy actually said, and just closed the thread, the sign of someone who can't defend their point.
As for childish, your conduct is hardly the paragon of maturity, yet for some reason, you are tollerated for it.

for going against the world with a dumbass internet dictionary
You cretin. The location of a dictionary's publication does nothing to alter its content. I've given dictionary definitions of a cult. Definitions that Christianity falls under, yet you think that your opinion means more than that. Tell me, how many dictionaries have you written or edited? What puts your opinion higher than a dictionary?

If you were really mature, you wouldn't suffer from the last word syndrom.

I don't suffer from last word syndrome. If someone says something inaccurate, then I correct them. Simple as that.

Now, I'll ask one question that stayed in my mind again: is the islam a cult aswell? Being based on the teaching of muhammad?

The islam? Never heard it refered to as the islam before... Actually, Islam is based on the Qu'ran, which is the word of Allah as told to the prophet, mohammed.
To answer your question though, it matches the same criteria as Christianity, with the exception that it is (in some parts of the world) still considered to be unorthodox or false, so by definition, yes, that would make Islam a cult as well.

overlord
Ushgarak told us many times that if the movies don't make something clear enough, Lucas' word is indeed the highest source of canon because this makes sense and is plain logic.
I know it's not something some members here like because of their bias but you'll have to swallow it.

You also have no reason to constantly come inform me about the money you make by being annoying here. I take it as bragging.

Your dumbass dictionary doesn't mean anything. Perhaps you just don't believe in the term religion. Please give me your term of something being a true religion. I take it you count Hinduism as religion?
Please notify me on what exact qualities a religion must have because it's pretty retarded that everybody calls Christianity and the Islam a religion except you and that you would actually argue about it.

You seem to forget just for you own ease that a religion can be based on the teachings of a spiritual leader just like you all forgot the true canon policy around here aswell for your own ease.

Darth Vious
Ushgarak told us many times that if the movies don't make something clear enough, Lucas' word is indeed the highest source of canon because this makes sense and is plain logic.
I know it's not something some members here like because of their bias but you'll have to swallow it.
Really?
Originally posted by Ushgarak

"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films. Even novelizations are interpretations of the film, and while they are largely true to George Lucas' vision (he works quite closely with the novel authors), the method in which they are written does allow for some minor differences."

Says nothing of the kind. It does however, say that "you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films."
Sorry, but that is the policy.

You also have no reason to constantly come inform me about the money you make by being annoying here. I take it as bragging.
Constantly? This is the first time I have actually mentioned the work I do, or what I get paid, so there is nothing 'constant' about that. Try again.

Your dumbass dictionary doesn't mean anything.
So your opinion is worth more than a dictionary? You f*cking arrogant cretin. How many dictionaries have you edited or written? What qualifies your opinion as higher than a dictionary?

Perhaps you just don't believe in the term religion. Please give me your term of something being a true religion. I take it you count Hinduism as religion?
Please notify me on what exact qualities a religion must have because it's pretty retarded that everybody calls Christianity and the Islam a religion except you and that you would actually argue about it.

You seem to forget just for you own ease that a religion can be based on the teachings of a spiritual leader just like you all forgot the true canon policy around here aswell for your own ease.
To be honest, all religions fit the criteria of cults. I don't think you appreciate that I don't just dislike Christianity, I dislike all religions.

overlord
Look, I don't care if you dislike religion. You make it come across as though there isn't a difference anymore. Those cults aren't religion.
Cults is something that rips you apart from your family and where the leader is above all. Cults usually use deceit in recruitment and I don't want you associating Christianity with them any longer, you understand?

Religion is much more open and honest to the public and questioning a leader is allowed. They don't try their best to get your money. And you know what Ushgarak said in the thread he closed due to spamming children.
The movies are the highest form of canon. If something isn't completely clear in the movies, Lucas' word is the one to decide it. This is plain logic you ignore and then you call me arrogant.
Go brag about your highly successful life wich is probably made up. I know people like you, you probably are just some snotty kid trying to be a wiseguy and trying to be impressive.
Well, keep away with the useless information and dumbass statements based on some internet dictionary.

I don't think you yourself even know what you are talking about. For example, do you recognise christianity and the islam as a religion, because it was as if you did not at first until the evidence showed that it wasn't a cult. Not that I really care, you are probably the most pointless person I have ever met around here..

Darth Vious
Look, I don't care if you dislike religion. You make it come across as though there isn't a difference anymore. Those cults aren't religion.
Cults is something that rips you apart from your family and where the leader is above all. Cults usually use deceit in recruitment and I don't want you associating Christianity with them any longer, you understand?

And how are you going to stop me? How do you think Islamic terrorists are created? Religion is for the weak. Anyone who needs a book or code to tell them how to live and be a decent person is a fool.

The movies are the highest form of canon. If something isn't completely clear in the movies, Lucas' word is the one to decide it. This is plain logic you ignore and then you call me arrogant.
I suggest you re-read the policy. It says that the movies and only the movies are the highest canon. Fact. Yes, you are arrogant, because you think your opinion is worth more than a dictionary, yet still refuse to justify that with qualifications.

Go brag about your highly successful life wich is probably made up. I know people like you, you probably are just some snotty kid trying to be a wiseguy and trying to be impressive.
You really are f*cking clueless. The only snotty kid here, is you. I'll be 28 in just over 3 months, how old are you? Have you even finished high school yet? I run my own business, own my own property (which I have just been negotiating the sale of between my two posts) and am getting married in two years. Where do you live? In your parent's basement? Stop projecting your own failings onto me, because it just doesn't work.

I don't think you yourself even know what you are talking about. I think I can safely say I know more about religions than you do. You can't even face the truth about Christianity.

For example, do you recognise christianity and the islam as a religion, because it was as if you did not at first until the evidence showed that it wasn't a cult.
I accept that they're classed as religions, but they could also be classed as cults, and untill you provide evidence to the contrary, that will be my opinion of them.

are probably the most pointless person I have ever met around here..
Says the person who spends their time trolling for arguments rather than contributing opinion to debates. Hypocrite.

overlord
And how are you going to stop me? How do you think Islamic terrorists are created? Religion is for the weak. Anyone who needs a book or code to tell them how to live and be a decent person is a fool.
I don't give a damn about your opinion, retard. "WAAWAA, Religion is for the weak!!", I don't care.

I suggest you re-read the policy. It says that the movies and only the movies are the highest canon. Fact. Yes, you are arrogant, because you think your opinion is worth more than a dictionary, yet still refuse to justify that with qualifications.
You don't get it, I feel sorry for you. If something isn't clear in the movies, then Lucas is able to clear it instead of crazy children's interpretation just like the writer of those old sith could state that Sidious was way above them.
And I am not the one going against the moderator, your dictionary is too vague in this case and you have a problem seeing the difference between religion and a cult, therefore I will teach you.

You really are f*cking clueless. The only snotty kid here, is you. I'll be 28 in just over 3 months, how old are you? Have you even finished high school yet? I run my own business, own my own property (which I have just been negotiating the sale of between my two posts) and am getting married in two years. Where do you live? In your parent's basement? Stop projecting your own failings onto me, because it just doesn't work.
Don't accuse me of your short comings, I don't live in a basement, idiot. You can brag and probably lie all you want, it's not impressive, sorry but you fail.

I think I can safely say I know more about religions than you do. You can't even face the truth about Christianity.
What proof about christianity? That it is a cult? So called proof by some random no name on the internet who bases all of this from some internet dictionary. He who goes against the world with his dumbass wiseguy behavior. You obviously are a very disturbed little kid.

I accept that they're classed as religions, but they could also be classed as cults, and untill you provide evidence to the contrary, that will be my opinion of them.
Ah, so you finally understand that what you dictate is not a fact? I will enlighten you on eastern, western and new age cults.
Western cults usually are sprung off of Jesus Christ and don't recognise God or think there are three gods as the mormons. Jehovahs and christian scientists think God is a pagan falsehood.
Eastern are mostly sprung off of Hinduism, Boeddism or Taoism. All these fools claim to present the only truth.
The new age group believes that you must find God in yourself.

The leader however of a cult is the one who makes and changes the rules, cults commit in decieving people to join them (religion only presents their ideas), cults commit mass suicide and pointless stuff, cults need you to do something for them to prove your commitment, cults indoctrinate in a very heavy way usually.
cults use ways to make you join wich at times include that they f*ck with your food or constantly bother you with making sure you don't get enough sleep and they freaking brainwash people at times!

Religion has nothing to do with this shit and at least believes in a God wich created everything.

Says the person who spends their time trolling for arguments rather than contributing opinion to debates. Hypocrite.
You are such a lying piece of shit, I hardly ever get into arguments as retarded as you. How the f*ck am I like you? Please stop accusing me of your own behavior because it won't save you from being banned.
Your childish spamming and trolling ass was suspended for a good reason. If I judge your reasoning and behavior, I think you are probably sixteen years old. This is reasonable guess, just admit it because you act so freaking odd.

Darth Vious
I don't give a damn about your opinion, retard. "WAAWAA, Religion is for the weak!!", I don't care.
And I don't give a damn about your opinion either, numbnuts. Religions can be classed as cults. I've given you dictionary definitions, you reject them. I ask you twice for proof that you are qualified to criticize a dictionary yet still you provide no qualifications. You accuse me of only posting my own opinions, but you do exactly the same thing! Answer my point about Islamic fundementalism and terrorism.

You don't get it, I feel sorry for you. If something isn't clear in the movies, then Lucas is able to clear it instead of crazy children's interpretation just like the writer of those old sith could state that Sidious was way above them.
And I am not the one going against the moderator, your dictionary is too vague in this case and you have a problem seeing the difference between religion and a cult, therefore I will teach you.
I don't get it? you're the one who is denying the actual Forum Policy! I might not agree with it, but at least I'm not denying it. Moron.

And I am not the one going against the moderator,
And that means what? Anyone who has to resort to banning someone for challenging their opinion or policy because they can't defend it themselves has no business being a moderator.

your dictionary is too vague in this case and you have a problem seeing the difference between religion and a cult, therefore I will teach you.

Vague? What is 'vague' about the definitions listed? They are consice and specific. Once more, what qualifies you to say your opinion is worth more than a dictionary?

Don't accuse me of your short comings, I don't live in a basement, idiot. You can brag and probably lie all you want, it's not impressive, sorry but you fail.
What short comings? I've told you about myself, how about you actually answer my question? How old are you? Do you own your own property, or do you live with your parents? I'm not lying at all, I have no reason to. You on the other hand, are making assumptions about me based on your own insecurities. Prove me wrong.

What proof about christianity? That it is a cult? So called proof by some random no name on the internet who bases all of this from some internet dictionary. He who goes against the world with his dumbass wiseguy behavior. You obviously are a very disturbed little kid.
Once more, you are describing yourself. What makes you more qualified than a dictionary? What are your educational qualifications? You're the one who declares to be suicidal, why is that? Don't you get enough allowance?

Ah, so you finally understand that what you dictate is not a fact?
I never said that my opinions are facts. However, I do accept facts, and they then become my opinions. You can't even provide evidence for your opinions, I've provided evidence to back up mine.

I will enlighten you on eastern, western and new age cults.
Western cults usually are sprung off of Jesus Christ and don't recognise God or think there are three gods as the mormons. Jehovahs and christian scientists think God is a pagan falsehood.
Eastern are mostly sprung off of Hinduism, Boeddism or Taoism. All these fools claim to present the only truth.
The new age group believes that you must find God in yourself.
You're not teaching me anything. You're just making yourself appear even more foolish. Groups that base their beliefs on the teachings of a particular person are cults. Re-read the definitions of cult posted. Untill you prove that you are more qualified than whoever writes dictionaries, your opinion will continue to mean nothing. Also, I do suggest you learn how to spell the major religions correctly. There is no such thing as Boeddism.

The leader however of a cult is the one who makes and changes the rules, cults commit in decieving people to join them (religion only presents their ideas), cults commit mass suicide and pointless stuff, cults need you to do something for them to prove your commitment, cults indoctrinate in a very heavy way usually.
cults use ways to make you join wich at times include that they f*ck with your food or constantly bother you with making sure you don't get enough sleep and they freaking brainwash people at times!

Religion has nothing to do with this shit and at least believes in a God wich created everything.
Once more. ISLAMIC FUNDEMENTALISM!!!! I presume you've heard of it?

You are such a lying piece of shit, I hardly ever get into arguments as retarded as you. How the f*ck am I like you? Please stop accusing me of your own behavior because it won't save you from being banned.
Your childish spamming and trolling ass was suspended for a good reason. If I judge your reasoning and behavior, I think you are probably sixteen years old. This is reasonable guess, just admit it because you act so freaking odd.
Oh but I'm not lying. Your trolling behaviour has been documented on other areas of the forum, so you can't deny it. Again, you are projecting your own failings onto me. How old are you? Do you own your own property? Do you have a full-time job? I've given you the facts about me, and by denying them, and trying to say I'm a child, you are just making an even bigger fool of yourself than you already are.

Blaxican Hydra
LMFAO. You're back and the first thing you do is start this up again?

Kay Vious. Here's my question.

What are you planning to achieve in this debate?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
LMFAO. You're back and the first thing you do is start this up again?
I'm sorry, was I supposed to ignore the comments that Overlord made while I was suspended?

Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra

What are you planning to achieve in this debate?
To show that Christianity (and most other major religions) fill almost all definitions given of a cult, and have proved that point by posting dictionary defenitions of a cult, all but one of which, have applied to Christianity at some point in the past 2000 years, and the majority of which still apply today.

Blaxican Hydra
I'm sorry, was I supposed to ignore the comments that Overlord made while I was suspended?

To show that Christianity (and most other major religions) fill almost all definitions given of a cult, and have proved that point by posting dictionary defenitions of a cult, all but one of which, have applied to Christianity at some point in the past 2000 years, and the majority of which still apply today.

Well, you've shown your point. Why does it matter fi some people dont believe it? You've still gotten your point across. people have read it, it's been acknowledged. What else do you want? Do you want me to renounce my christian faith or somethiing?

overlord
Nah, he has no idea what a cult is, he is just an ignorent troll. The complete terms of a cult are: 1, the tendency to perfectionism, the tendency to isolation, the tendency of anticipating the future, the tendency to complete a theory that's only partly true, the tendency of complete frustration at people who think differently.

See, at least I can elaborate about cultism instead of hopelessly clinging to initial arguments in the hope of spamming until people become sick of me like how little children act to get their way.

also, a much better discription is:
The way of talking people in to it with al kinds of tricks and stuff.
The way of forming a group like all living in one house or pressurising on each other constantly.
The way a leader can pressurise people of a lower hierarchy such as punishing them or being above the law themselves.
Complete control by a so self proclaimed messiah.
Complete isolation of the world, of normal human customs and people who think different.
Selection of so called chosen people of whom are supposed to posses more information or powers than other members.
Keeping their way of living and their believes to themselves and isolation from the media and alternative information.
The extreme way how members are supposed to recruite new members.

Well, it's actually pretty easy to seperate a cult from a religion but the weak of mind really need some vague definition of an internet dictionary to include religion to being a cult aswell.
Personally, I think Vious just changed what he was originally trying to prove and is now only continuing this because he is one of those stubborn children.

And I don't give a damn about your opinion either, numbnuts. Religions can be classed as cults. I've given you dictionary definitions, you reject them. I ask you twice for proof that you are qualified to criticize a dictionary yet still you provide no qualifications. You accuse me of only posting my own opinions, but you do exactly the same thing! Answer my point about Islamic fundementalism and terrorism.
This is just like what you did when you got yourself banned, you are so incredibly retarded that you keep spamming your initial arguments wich can never be proved as insufficient. Maybe you have not been raised right.
You don't seem to allow any other way of thinking.

I don't get it? you're the one who is denying the actual Forum Policy! I might not agree with it, but at least I'm not denying it. Moron.
Uhmm.. No. You see, when the movies don't make something clear enough like the death of Boba Fett, then Lucas can state that Boba Fett indeed died.
This is plain and simple logic wich your childish ass refuses to comprehend.

And that means what? Anyone who has to resort to banning someone for challenging their opinion or policy because they can't defend it themselves has no business being a moderator.
You are confused, you think your banning was because you were the one who was right and needed to be silenced. This is where your arrogance comes in to play. You actually refused to listen to other people's arguments to why your points were insufficient. You kept spamming your old argument constantly like a mentally retarded spammer.
Ushgarak had to stop you from constantly saying the same crap.

Vague? What is 'vague' about the definitions listed? They are consice and specific. Once more, what qualifies you to say your opinion is worth more than a dictionary?
Hold your horses, little teenager. I have already stated the deeper involved descriptions of a cult. Your dictionary obviously wasn't good enough in this case to state the difference between religion and cultism.

What short comings? I've told you about myself, how about you actually answer my question? How old are you? Do you own your own property, or do you live with your parents? I'm not lying at all, I have no reason to. You on the other hand, are making assumptions about me based on your own insecurities. Prove me wrong.
Your reason to lie is your trying to impress me and acting like you probably are more knowledgeable than me. You have failedm get over it.

Once more, you are describing yourself. What makes you more qualified than a dictionary? What are your educational qualifications? You're the one who declares to be suicidal, why is that? Don't you get enough allowance?
Haha, pretty funny. Every idiot has to reach for my lollygagging to insult me or prove me that they are supposed to be more intelligent. "blablabla, you are describing yourself"
How am I describing myself to you? Are you angry that I'm not a sucker for a dumbass description of a cult that's way too general? Go outside to play, little child.

You're not teaching me anything. You're just making yourself appear even more foolish. Groups that base their beliefs on the teachings of a particular person are cults. Re-read the definitions of cult posted. Untill you prove that you are more qualified than whoever writes dictionaries, your opinion will continue to mean nothing. Also, I do suggest you learn how to spell the major religions correctly. There is no such thing as Boeddism.
Oh my, well you know what I mean.. You don't hear me whining my childish ass off because you constantly say 'untill' wich also is a spelling error. Grow up, fool.

Once more. ISLAMIC FUNDEMENTALISM!!!! I presume you've heard of it?
Wow, you've totally ignored the differences between a cult and a religion. You must be an idiot. Go waste a moderators time, child.

Oh but I'm not lying. Your trolling behaviour has been documented on other areas of the forum, so you can't deny it. Again, you are projecting your own failings onto me. How old are you? Do you own your own property? Do you have a full-time job? I've given you the facts about me, and by denying them, and trying to say I'm a child, you are just making an even bigger fool of yourself than you already are.
Haha, as if an intelligent man who has actually achieved something in life feels the need to act like a retard spammer and troller like yourself. You immediately returned after being banned only to continue your childish behavior.
You only wish I was as pathetic as you. I'm sorry I'm not dumb enough to get banned. But maybe you'll get your wish someday when you keep trolling me for insults.
Your supposed successfulness in life is not convincing and also completely irrelevant. Go develop a brain, go back to school.

Ushgarak
I've stated what the policy is, Vious, and Overlord is correct.

However, this has become ridiculously inappropriate for this area. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.