A dilemma of sorts...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
Since the topic was brought up on the Punky/Bacon thread and since its something that's been like knawing at me for the past few weeks, I decided its about time I see what everyone else says.

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to make me think about attending community college for a year.

They say its near, offers the same courses and is so much cheaper. I realize that..but what bugs me is that WHY should I attend a community college when I got into a real big college. confused Also I WANT to go away and learn to live on my own. I so don't want to stay at home for first year of college. sad

*sigh*

Insight into this would be appreciated greatly. erm

Nazgulinthedark
It's really important to be able to live on your own, and your old enough to do that, and you can't live with your parents forever. And the school is only two hours away, that's really not that far. Tell your parents that it's close enough to visit them every weekend so they won't feel so bad about sending you away to college.

Bloigen
I saw a man walking a ferret today.

Drunken Jesus
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Since the topic was brought up on the Punky/Bacon thread and since its something that's been like knawing at me for the past few weeks, I decided its about time I see what everyone else says.

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to think about attending community college for a year.

They say its near, offers the same courses and is so much cheaper. I realize that..but what bugs me is that WHY should I attend a community college when I got into a real big college. confused Also I WANT to go away and learn to live on my own. I so don't want to stay at home for first year of college. sad

*sigh*

Insight into this would be appreciated greatly. erm I feel the same way about college. It's a chance to go and learn to live on your own, which is why i'm pissed. That's why i may miss a whole year of school to work and make money so i can go to the college i want to go to, and leave this place and learn to live on my own.

Wind Sister
If you really want to go to this college, and it is indeed in-state, then you should go. It's important to go out and do your own thing, even if your parents don't like it big grin

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
It's really important to be able to live on your own, and your old enough to do that, and you can't live with your parents forever. And the school is only two hours away, that's really not that far. Tell your parents that it's close enough to visit them every weekend so they won't feel so bad about sending you away to college.

Yeah...that's what I think...and I've been stubborn so far...I just dunno what'll happen next...erm I wish they could have been more supportive with this..tho I know they're trying to do what they think is best for me.

The Pict

Here's the thing, I got into this instate school like 2 hours drive away from home and SO wanna go. Now some people have been filling my parents heads about stuff and they are tryingh to make me think about attending community college for a year.

*sigh*

ok i understand nothing about state college, community college and all that sh*te but you do need to break from your parents at some point. however if they are paying for it you should maybe go along with their idea, its only for a year so you should maybe give it a go.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by The Pict
ok i understand nothing about state college, community college and all that sh*te but you do need to break from your parents at some point. however if they are paying for it you should maybe go along with their idea, its only for a year so you should maybe give it a go.

They are paying for it. The main reason for their decision to make me think about community college is financial.erm

Pink Maynard
Clown College

I'll let that sink in.

Arachnoidfreak
I think you should get some money and run away to an out of state college and threaten to never see your parents again unless they let you live as a human being and not a 5 year old on a leash.

Wind Sister
Sorry, pre-req's

silver_tears
I had the same problem, I got into my first choice university, about an hour away, and 2 university's in the city where I live.

My parents made a case for me to stay in the city and live at home, but I countered with different reasons such as the program at the away school is an honours program, they're giving me 3 grand in scholarships so it'll only be like 3 grand more, and several other reasons.

In the end they realized that they couldn't force me and that if I was forced I'd be bitter and **** about with my studies. I also told them that if worse comes to worse I can easily transfer, and it's easier to transfer into town after the first year than transfer out and risk my scholarship.

So they agreed and now I'm going out of town to school starting September.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by silver_tears
I had the same problem, I got into my first choice university, about an hour away, and 2 university's in the city where I live.

My parents made a case for me to stay in the city and live at home, but I countered with different reasons such as the program at the away school is an honours program, they're giving me 3 grand in scholarships so it'll only be like 3 grand more, and several other reasons.

In the end they realized that they couldn't force me and that if I was forced I'd be bitter and **** about with my studies. I also told them that if worse comes to worse I can easily transfer, and it's easier to transfer into town after the first year than transfer out and risk my scholarship.

So they agreed and now I'm going out of town to school starting September.
Good for you.smile

If I had recieved any sort of scholarship...they wouldn't even have tried any of this...erm

The Pict
i don't get it. in the US is it like high school, college and then uni?

Punkyhermy
Yes.

The Pict
ha! then i did get it.

Legion_of_Maul

*sigh*

Insight into this would be appreciated greatly. erm community colleges don't get you a job, universities do.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by The Pict
ha! then i did get it.
no, you either go to college or a university, you choose

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Bloigen
I saw a man walking a ferret today.

I have a pet Ferret, its name is bandit yes

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
community colleges don't get you a job, universities do.
That's why no one graduates from community colleges.These are only transfer schools. wink

silver_tears
I wanted to attend college before university, but my now university allows you to study with them, and while in university you can attend college overseas which seems to be what I will be doing big grin

Legion_of_Maul
silver is that you in the avatar, if so...wow you're beutiful.

silver_tears
it is indeed, and thank you very much embarrasment

Legion_of_Maul
why is that embarrasing?

Mr. Bacon
community colleges don't get you a job, universities do.
it really doesnt matter as long as you get the degree

Mr. Bacon
a university is many different colleges in one

Legion_of_Maul
true...

silver_tears
why is that embarrasing?

I don't know how to take compliments haha
I blush easily

Mr. Bacon
I blush easily
can we test this theory?

one glance from you irene and im on top of the world

silver_tears
see there it is bag *goes into hiding*

Legion_of_Maul
I blush easily
the one thing you don't need to be embarressed about is your beauty, i wish i knew a girl half as beautiful as you... well Texas has some hot girls, but they are all sluts, and can't controll themselves...i'm not one of those guys.

Mr. Bacon
see there it is bag *goes into hiding*

stick out tongue if you werw in every country, there would be no war, no one could fight over your beauty

Legion_of_Maul
see there it is bag *goes into hiding* laughing take the bag off.

silver_tears
the one thing you don't need to be embarressed about is your beauty, i wish i knew a girl half as beautiful as you... well Texas has some hot girls, but they are all sluts, and can't controll themselves...i'm not one of those guys.

really thank you, it's very kind of you to think so
I'd take being called beautiful over hot anyday

silver_tears
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
stick out tongue if you werw in every country, there would be no war, no one could fight over your beauty

What do you want? *suspicious* ermm

Legion_of_Maul
hot, well when i say hot, i'm saying that about sluts... or famouse models or something really dumb like that.

Punkyhermy
I wanted to attend college before university, but my now university allows you to study with them, and while in university you can attend college overseas which seems to be what I will be doing big grin
oohh...Cool!Where are you going?

It is my dream to study in Rome!
*dies at the thought!*

Legion_of_Maul
*buries in grave* so anyone up for golf?

Mr. Bacon
What do you want? *suspicious* ermm

i was bored, and bombarding you with obscure compliments seemed like fun no expression

im gonna leave now ninja

Mr. Bacon
*buries in grave* so anyone up for golf?
i am yes

silver_tears
oohh...Cool!Where are you going?

It is my dream to study in Rome!
*dies at the thought!*

Most likely Ireland, my university has some sort of castle campus up there blink

Legion_of_Maul
i am mostly irish i even have a tiny accent, hard to tell when you first meet me, but people always go, you sound irish sometimes.

silver_tears
i was bored, and bombarding you with obscure compliments seemed like fun no expression

im gonna leave now ninja

slap

Mr. Bacon
i wanna study in france or ireland also

silver_tears
anyone else? silver?

Make it mini-golf and I'll own you boys eyes

Punkyhermy
Most likely Ireland, my university has some sort of castle campus up there blink

wow...sounds like so much fun!

I wanna go to Scotland for studying too!I love me some kilts! ninja

Mr. Bacon
slap
ouch! disgust

this one is better ninja bslap

Punkyhermy
i wanna study in france or ireland also

France is interesting...and pretty.

Legion_of_Maul
you're on.

Mr. Bacon
your on yeszorro

mm france is pretty aweosme haha pun of sorts

silver_tears
wow...sounds like so much fun!

I wanna go to Scotland for studying too!I love me some kilts! ninja

Ireland or Scotland for me, but they do exchanges all over the world big grin

Legion_of_Maul
i sat mate instead of might, like i'll go, i mate be able to go.

silver_tears
you're on.

You boys will be shaking in your boots soon evillaugh
I play dirty....

Legion_of_Maul
...good, er oh, snap...

Punkyhermy
*gets envious*

I NEED to learn to play golf!

sad cry

silver_tears
Tis simple really love

Anyways I'm off to bed everyone, see yas

Mr. Bacon
You boys will be shaking in your boots soon evillaugh
I play dirty....
every time you get a hole in you, you have to remove and article of clothing ninja

Mr. Bacon
*gets envious*

I NEED to learn to play golf!

sad cry
*somehow teachers over the net* stick out tongue

silver_tears
That's the only way I know how to play mister ermm

Legion_of_Maul
every time you get a hole in you, you have to remove and article of clothing ninja
i'm bringing extra cloths, i suck at put put

Punkyhermy
*somehow teachers over the net* stick out tongue

lol.
laughing out loud

Mr. Bacon
That's the only way I know how to play mister ermm
fine with me yes

Legion_of_Maul
hmmm.... i guess..

LethalFemme

*sigh*

I say leave I left and I love it. But if you're a shy person be prepared to be overwhelmed. Also since you're a girl just be prepared for a lot of gatherings to help prevent rape. yes

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I say leave I left and I love it. But if you're a shy person be prepared to be overwhelmed. Also since you're a girl just be prepared for a lot of gatherings to help prevent rape. yes

hmm yeah...I am very eager to learn martial arts of sorts...smile

Legion_of_Maul
.........why do you have a swimsuit girl as your sig JW?

Mr. Bacon
oh god

*runs farther away*

LethalFemme

You should definitely learn some sort of self defense. I dated a wrestler and he loved martial arts.

Legion_of_Maul
i know sword arts, i know some version of teras kasi (not very much) i'm not a sword nerd, but i found this book and tried it out, so its cool i could make a video of me fighting some dude, it will rock!

Punkyhermy
oh god

*runs farther away*

LMFAO!!!
laughing out loud

Poor, poor Bacon!

I scared him shitless!
stick out tongue

Legion_of_Maul
haha shitless, thats good, you people shouldn't fill my head with this kinda stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.