Grievous' skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion_of_Maul
well, lets discuss:

better with what number of sabers
is he better in cartoons or post cartoons
is he better tactitian than jedi

here is where we decide, any more ideas then discuss em.

Sin Harvest
Grievous is a far better tactitian then any of the Jedi. He took control of core planets of the Republic.

((The_Anomaly))
Hes FARRR better in the cartoons, and he is a far better tactitian then any of the Jedi, even though he had the advantage of knowing way more about what was going to happen in the war from Sidious. He was still much better on the battlefield then the Jedi were.

Decay
i actually think hes more skilled with 2 sabers. he brings out 4 because it pretty instantly overwhelms most jedi, with the exception of very skilled masters. after obi wan cut off 2 of his hands he was left with 2 sabers and seemed very happy to continue the fight "arm or not, you must realise you are doomed", i think hed tried the overwhelming barrage and was ready to get into serious combat, but he was force pushed. i do think obi wan would have won in the end, but it would have been a very close and very cool fight if theyd continued it with grievous having 2 sabers.

it would be easy to say hes much much better in clone wars, but we only saw him with 2 sabers during most of it, coordinating the extra 2 is probably fairly taxing on him and makes alot of his fancy footwork and agility next to impossible. the one time he did use four in the cartoon it wasnt shown too well, but he wasnt particularly agile or anything, he kind of stood there and overwhelmed the jedi, like he tried with obi wan. so without seeing him try 2 sabers in the movie its hard to tell.

he was pretty slick though, his escape from the invisible hand was genius. and he was pretty agile when he escaped obi wan to get to his wheel bike.

he is a better tactition in the sense that he has to percive the situation and formulate his own plans and oversee everything, his troops arnt likley to come up with very dynamic plans on their own. the jedi do however have the force to look to, so while their skilled, its for a different reason. he did prove to be better than all he encountered though, so even with their ability to look to the force for guidence he was better.

Captain REX
That's "Army or not," Decay. stick out tongue

I think when he takes out four, he's actually not as skilled, it's just more overwhelming.

And definitely better in the cartoon.

Darth Kreiger
Reason he's better in the Cartoon is because at the End he gets Force Crushed and loses his mobility and speed. Thats why he lost to Obi-Wan

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Decay
i actually think hes more skilled with 2 sabers. he brings out 4 because it pretty instantly overwhelms most jedi, with the exception of very skilled masters. after obi wan cut off 2 of his hands he was left with 2 sabers and seemed very happy to continue the fight "arm or not, you must realise you are doomed", i think hed tried the overwhelming barrage and was ready to get into serious combat, but he was force pushed. i do think obi wan would have won in the end, but it would have been a very close and very cool fight if theyd continued it with grievous having 2 sabers.

it would be easy to say hes much much better in clone wars, but we only saw him with 2 sabers during most of it, coordinating the extra 2 is probably fairly taxing on him and makes alot of his fancy footwork and agility next to impossible. the one time he did use four in the cartoon it wasnt shown too well, but he wasnt particularly agile or anything, he kind of stood there and overwhelmed the jedi, like he tried with obi wan. so without seeing him try 2 sabers in the movie its hard to tell.

he was pretty slick though, his escape from the invisible hand was genius. and he was pretty agile when he escaped obi wan to get to his wheel bike.

he is a better tactition in the sense that he has to percive the situation and formulate his own plans and oversee everything, his troops arnt likley to come up with very dynamic plans on their own. the jedi do however have the force to look to, so while their skilled, its for a different reason. he did prove to be better than all he encountered though, so even with their ability to look to the force for guidence he was better.

I never thought of it like that but maybe Grievous is better with two sabers since he won't be restricted as much.

Decay
yeah, army. it was a typo, i dont mean to say he commented that he was better with 2 arms.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Reason he's better in the Cartoon is because at the End he gets Force Crushed and loses his mobility and speed. Thats why he lost to Obi-Wan
Precicely.

In Clone Wars, Grievous' reflexes were fast enough that he could avoid fully automatic fire from multiple assailants and dodge Force blasts with ease. His combat skills were so high that he could hold off five Jedi with only two lightsabers. (He did not have to use the four sabers, so he did not use them (apart from at the end for the element of surprize, not an actual need for the extra defence)) He was shown to be capable of fighting all out using only one leg for balance, so was probably capable of using five lightsabers if he really wanted. In RotS, he had been damaged (either beyond repair or simply did not have the oportunity to be repaied) which greatly hindered his combat skills. He knew he couldn't take Anakin and Obi-Wan, so, following Dooku's teachings, he withdrew. When he then faced Obi-Wan one on one, he had to use the four lightsabers. (if he didn't have to use them, he wouldn't have, as there would have been no tactical advantage)

Razielim
To be fair, the Clone Wars cartoon makes everyone look uber.

kamikz
I remember Dooku saying, "To defeate the best of the jedi, you must have suprise and intimidation on your side, only then will you be powerful enough to succeed". I don't remember Grievous having any of that in the ROTS fight, and last time I checked, Obi was in the top 5 list of the jedi order....

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Razielim
It does, but, it's also official cannon, second only to the live action movies.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by kamikz
I remember Dooku saying, "To defeate the best of the jedi, you must have suprise and intimidation on your side, only then will you be powerful enough to succeed". I don't remember Grievous having any of that in the ROTS fight, and last time I checked, Obi was in the top 5 list of the jedi order....
Exactly, and he definitley didn't in the first fight. The time Grievous did have those, was when he split his arms in front of Obi-Wan, and said that he had been trained by Count Dooku. (even then, I think the arm splitting was because he knew his combat abilities and reflexes had been seriously diminished by Mace's Force crush and he had to do something to try and bring the odds more into his favor)

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Razielim
thats all too true.

overlord
I think Grievous has awesome breasts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.