cyclops vs venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
both blood lusted, in an arena

batdude123
Cyke wins this one.

emporerpants
i would agree, cyke wins. this is actually my first topic and post on this site, although i've read alot of the threads for awhile now. i have to say batdude, you seem to one of the more knowledgable people on here. smile

batdude123
Originally posted by emporerpants
i would agree, cyke wins. this is actually my first topic and post on this site, although i've read alot of the threads for awhile now. i have to say batdude, you seem to one of the more knowledgable people on here. smile

Why thank you! big grin

emporerpants
hmmm, looks like most people agree with us. smile

Blair Wind
no expression

stick out tongue I bet you think Im arrogant.....I always get that one big grin
IF youve read anything Ive written......sad

althought I would normally say venom as he is MUCH faster, Cyke has almost blasted quicksilver on different occasions, and peope much quicker than him. So Cyke puts a hole in his body.

Soljer
*laughs* and he thinks that I'm a dick, if he even recognizes me.

Either way, yes, Cyclops.

emporerpants
post, actually, i think both of you are pretty cool. smile

Psyquis52
Originally posted by emporerpants

laughing Watch it! You're going to give him a fat-Head!

rotiart
Actually Cyclops loses. Cylops is one of my top ten favorite characters, but there is absolutely nothing he could do to venom. Cyclops optic blasts are not laser/heat vision. Its considered to be concussive force. Cyclops is a solar battery, that can only contain so much energy, when he releases a massive blast, it weakens him greatly, thats why most time he releases moderate, to thin blasts. Considering that Venom's weaknesses include fire, and sonics, and Cyclop's optic blasts don't include either. Venom wins 10/10... unless cyclops calls in his friends banshee or sunfire...

Blair Wind
Enough concussive force would win. Ive seen him take out an entire forest and a sentinal. no expression

rotiart
It's Venom... when has any amount of force ever hurt venom. Hell except for fire and sonics i can't remember him ever being hurt. Cyclops 30tons of force optic blast can reach the moon... but he'd be drained... and it still wouldn't down Venom. Now cyclops is on his knees and Venoms coming in for the kill.

MrHeavySilence
Venom is more agile than Spiderman, how is Cyclops going to hit him?

Big Sexy
I notice that a lot of these threads with cyclops have the decks stacked in his favor for a win. He is a characters whose strengths depend on envirnment. Place him in an open area and he has the advantage, place him in a district area and things change.

Jyppe
Btw, Cyclops isn't drained when he uses his powers. I mean, his power is constantly on (full power) He doesn't generate the beams himself, but his eyes open a portal to a realm which is full of the energy.

So, Cyclops doesn't create blast himself. He's not drained.

I doubt Venom is as agile/fast as Spiderman. Spiderman's reflexees are like 40 times faster than human's. Now Venom has a similiar sense like the spidey's early warning sense, but it has been stated MANY times that it isn't as efficent because Brock's lesser reflexes.

A.J
Originally posted by batdude123
Why thank you! big grin hes new but he owns cool

Metalmanx
Originally posted by rotiart
It's Venom... when has any amount of force ever hurt venom. Hell except for fire and sonics i can't remember him ever being hurt. Cyclops 30tons of force optic blast can reach the moon... but he'd be drained... and it still wouldn't down Venom. Now cyclops is on his knees and Venoms coming in for the kill.

You ever notice how few times Cyke becomes "drained"? Because it hardly ever happens. He stores SO MUCH energy inside of him it's not even funny. Like it's job. He's almost a never-ending battery really. He keeps gaining more and more energy for when he'll need it. Cyke could blast Venom all day long and not look like he's putting much effort into it at all.

By the way. The reason as to why it's easier to hit Venom than Spidey is because of the lack of spider-sense on Venom's part. His agility and speed are great, but without that extra bit of help from the precog, I don't think he'd be able to avoid the high-speed blasts in time.

And Cyke isn't a retard with super powers. He'll be resourceful. Besides just blasting Venom, which he could do, he can blast things around him. Trapping him in debris, for instance. Or just have a building fall on him. And, just for kicks, if there happens to be a large bell around, he could blast that and make it ring loudly, greatly damaging Venom. I'm pretty sure, through Spider-Man, that most of the X-men know about most of Spidey's villians and their weaknesses.

So, in short, Cyke should win this the majority of the time. Maybe like...7/10.

Private Pion
A blood lusted Cyclops without having to worry about damaging team mates or civilians?

I'd write boom but there isn't a big enough font.

complexbrother
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Venom is more agile than Spiderman, how is Cyclops going to hit him?

Venom is nowhere near as agile as spiderman. people when will you stop making up new powers and amped up abilites for these chareters.

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
laughing Watch it! You're going to give him a fat-Head!

Too late. smile

emporerpants
yeah, in this enviroment, i think its safe to say that cyke pulls off the win without much trouble. now lets move it into new york city, will this help venom enough to give him the win? i say no, cyke is still far to accurate with his beams.

rotiart
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You ever notice how few times Cyke becomes "drained"? Because it hardly ever happens. He stores SO MUCH energy inside of him it's not even funny. Like it's job. He's almost a never-ending battery really. He keeps gaining more and more energy for when he'll need it. Cyke could blast Venom all day long and not look like he's putting much effort into it at all.

By the way. The reason as to why it's easier to hit Venom than Spidey is because of the lack of spider-sense on Venom's part. His agility and speed are great, but without that extra bit of help from the precog, I don't think he'd be able to avoid the high-speed blasts in time.

And Cyke isn't a retard with super powers. He'll be resourceful. Besides just blasting Venom, which he could do, he can blast things around him. Trapping him in debris, for instance. Or just have a building fall on him. And, just for kicks, if there happens to be a large bell around, he could blast that and make it ring loudly, greatly damaging Venom. I'm pretty sure, through Spider-Man, that most of the X-men know about most of Spidey's villians and their weaknesses.

So, in short, Cyke should win this the majority of the time. Maybe like...7/10.

Okay, what you don't seem to understand is that this is the arena right? Cykes isn't standing next to the Liberty Bell. He isn't conveniently next to a PIS concept that gives him the win. And even if a building fell on Venom, how would that hurt him, hell WHEN has it ever hurt him. Cykes is resourceful, hes good, he has the ability to calculate his shots on the fly to bounce off stuff to hit you. His optic blasts can not DIRECTLY hurt Venom. And you suddenly creating situations where he MIGHT win isn't the same thing. Cyke is one of my favorite characters, but I just can't see him pulling a majority. The reason i love cyclops as a character is that he doesn't have the Wolverine jobber aura.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.