Good movies people really don't like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
I don't think this has been done, but I noticed in a "dumbest horror movies ever" thread that a lot of movies I liked were considered dumb. I don't think I'm the only one. So I was thinking some people could also make a list of movies they liked and if someone doesn't like them they say why. I see these as misunderstood:

Freddy vs. Jason
The Village
Cry Wolf
TCM (2003)

C-Dic
Well, "Freddy vs Jason" wasn't a good movie. It was a FUN movie, and in this genre, that's what's more important. I love it, personally.

"The Village" isn't a horror, per se. Besides, I think it's a work of genius, because you never saw the end coming. Not only that, it's reflective of some places today.

"Cry Wolf" was just a bad movie, overall. An "April Fools Day" ripoff with Bon Jovi. Boooooo.

The "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" gets flak because it's a needless remake of a Horror classic. Personally, I liked it, namely Jessica Biel's performance. A great example of what scream queens used to be. A little too modern and overacted for some, though.

allofyousuckkk
I accidentally rented April Fools Day once, and I got mad because I had meant to pick up TCM.

And then another time I rented it because it looked cool, and it was scratched.

I'll try again soon....

Thanks for the insight on the other 3

ToxicMolly
Sleep away Camp.

NormaBates
Originally posted by C-Dic
Well, "Freddy vs Jason" wasn't a good movie. It was a FUN movie, and in this genre, that's what's more important. I love it, personally.

"The Village" isn't a horror, per se. Besides, I think it's a work of genius, because you never saw the end coming. Not only that, it's reflective of some places today.

"Cry Wolf" was just a bad movie, overall. An "April Fools Day" ripoff with Bon Jovi. Boooooo.

The "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" gets flak because it's a needless remake of a Horror classic. Personally, I liked it, namely Jessica Biel's performance. A great example of what scream queens used to be. A little too modern and overacted for some, though.

Totaly agreed!!

cking
I didn't like the Jason vs. Freddy movie, it basically destroyed the seriousness of the Jason movies while it never affected Freddy because he was a goofy character from the beginning. I never saw the village but I knew some relatives that watched it and they said it wasn't the kind of movie you would want to rent on dvd. I haven't seen the rest of them

Wolfie
Where was the seriousness in F13? As they were making them, the movies got cheesier and cheesier. FvJ was a step up from the later F13 films.

cking
maybe it was but I think Freddy should have been more of a serious character.

C-Dic
Originally posted by cking
I didn't like the Jason vs. Freddy movie, it basically destroyed the seriousness of the Jason movies..

laughing out loud

"Friday the 13th" hasn't been a serious series...like..ever.

MildPossession
People have mentioned it, but I adored The Village also.

SelphieT
Originally posted by MildPossession
People have mentioned it, but I adored The Village also.

I didn't adore it, but I liked it a lot. It was very good smile I don't know why people thought it was so bad. The only bad thing was the very ending. "I'm here." that was kinda lame, but I liked the movie otherwise

RedSkull
I didn't adore it, but I liked it a lot. It was very good I don't know why people thought it was so bad. The only bad thing was the very ending. "I'm here." that was kinda lame, but I liked the movie otherwise

I didn't mind The Village, I thought it was pretty good but I do agree that I went into it thinking that it was about "real" monsters in the woods not people who dressed up like them. The twist that M. Night put in was a decent one but it still wasn't as good as Unbreakable or Signs. The funny thing is I felt like an idiot b/c when I went to see it in theaters, everyone was laughing at it. laughing out loud

SelphieT
Not very many people like Hostel. I liked it. Some people don't like the Evil Dead series. I like it.

RedSkull
I thought Hostel was one of the more cooler and different horror movies released lately. The Evil Dead series is so good because it all started out with a group of friends, a small budget and now the series are cult classics.

SelphieT
Originally posted by RedSkull
I thought Hostel was one of the more cooler and different horror movies released lately. The Evil Dead series is so good because it all started out with a group of friends, a small budget and now the series are cult classics.

yeah, I totally agree smile

Wolfie
Originally posted by SelphieT
Some people don't like the Evil Dead series. I like it.
Those people don't like horror movies then. stick out tongue

Actually, my dad is a horror buff, but is very selective of his horror flicks. He says he doesn't care for the first two, they were okay but not anything special. But he loves Army of Darkness.

I, personally, love them all.

SelphieT
yeah, all three are coolio

allofyousuckkk
what was the twist in inbreakable? Wasn't he invincible or something?

RedSkull
Bruce Willis couldn't be hurt, while Samuel L. Jackson could be hurt by having a toothpick fall on him. laughing The twist in Unbreakable was these massive huge disasters kept happening all around the world and it is found out at the end that Jackson had kept causing these huge disasters trying to find Willis! Jackson was trying to find his counterpart, he was easily breakable while Willis was unbreakable.

Myers Kicks Ass
Originally posted by RedSkull
Bruce Willis couldn't be hurt, while Samuel L. Jackson could be hurt by having a toothpick fall on him. laughing The twist in Unbreakable was these massive huge disasters kept happening all around the world and it is found out at the end that Jackson had kept causing these huge disasters trying to find Willis! Jackson was trying to find his counterpart, he was easily breakable while Willis was unbreakable.

i dont care 4 the evil dead series but and underrated movie that i do like is venom

Wolfie
I wanted to see Venom but never got the chance to. I thought it looked pretty cool.

SelphieT
yeah me too

tabby999
i really like Ravenous but i cant find too many people who will support it. its funny, violent, well cast, i dont see a problem, but it gets panned most times i bring it up in conversation

RedSkull
i liked Ravenous. smile

Myers Kicks Ass
Also not many people like valentine but i do and i think people should stop judging halloween 3 and friday part 5 i like both of them

tabby999
i think most people didn't like halloween because it was just another shoddy slasher made to cash in on popularity of the Scream and IKWYDLS franchises. i think Horrorview.com said it best: http://www.horrorview.com/Valentine.htm

Halloween 3 copped a bashing from fans because Micheal isn't in it (the one reason i might check it out) and Friday cops a panning because they're so cheesy (but i will admit i do like them). in the end its all down to personal taste

doomsday49
Originally posted by Wolfie
I wanted to see Venom but never got the chance to. I thought it looked pretty cool. [/QUOTE

i don't recommend it

Myers Kicks Ass
Originally posted by tabby999
i think most people didn't like halloween because it was just another shoddy slasher made to cash in on popularity of the Scream and IKWYDLS franchises. i think Horrorview.com said it best: http://www.horrorview.com/Valentine.htm

Halloween 3 copped a bashing from fans because Micheal isn't in it (the one reason i might check it out) and Friday cops a panning because they're so cheesy (but i will admit i do like them). in the end its all down to personal taste

you got halloween messed up with valentine there

tabby999
dosn't make my point any less valid

Wolfie
Originally posted by Myers Kicks Ass
Also not many people like valentine but i do and i think people should stop judging halloween 3 and friday part 5 i like both of them
I enjoyed Valentine. It was a typical slasher flick of the late '90s, early '00s, but that doesn't make it bad. It makes it the same as all the others. smile I don't know what I'm saying with this. I liked it better than IKWYDLS.

Halloween 3 was a letdown to Halloween fans just because Michael wasn't in it. Judge it as a stand-alone film and it's just fine. Though it is incredibly cheesy (the fun kind).

F13 Part 5 gets bashed because of the ending, IMO. That's why I hated it at first. I got the box set (quite a large blindbuy) and only watched Part 5 once, due to the bad twist at the end. About a year later, I gave it another try, judging it without the ending, and quite enjoyed it. It was the same as all the other Fridays. Like Halloween, they tried something different, failed, and brought back the man of the series.

tabby999
thats the one where its not Jason but a copycat yeah?

Wolfie
Yup.

DeNiro
I saw underworld evolution and no its not a horror film at all but still i really liked this movie tt was nuts

Caponejr
Originally posted by C-Dic

I agree i love movies like freddy vs jason but there not scary all my freinds hate that movie but i dnt understand wats wrobg with it its WICKED!!!!! +so is the devils rejects my fav movie but no one likes it :-(

Caponejr
hay could somone recommend a good horror movie 4 me to watch havnt been much out yet just watched the locals that movie had a shity storyline man it sucked!!!!!

Caponejr
hyellloooo anybody here.....

allofyousuckkk
lots of good horror movies out there....just go to the horror section and pic out something that sounds interesting

I also liked The Rage:Carrie II
It was allot better than the first

And IKWYDLS is also amazing. I loved it when I was younger, as well as the second. So ya

Scream as well, it (like IKWYDLS) isn't respected in the horror community, but I personally liked it

tabby999
Scream is pretty widely acknowledged as a pretty clever movie, it kick started the slasher movie genre again as was a pretty tidy effort from Craven, i think the sequels were pretty weak though, and thats where lots of people got turned off.

Wolfie
I agree that The Rage was pretty good. It's not as good as the original but it was a nice way to bring Carrie into the '90s.

allofyousuckkk
i liked the second (scream) more than the first.

Myers Kicks Ass
i liked the 2nd scream more than the 1st aswell

Wolfie
I like the first Scream the best but I liked the sequels as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.