The All-New Justice League: The Lineup *SPOILERS*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Here's the preview of the all-new Justice League:

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/713/713234/dc-in-september-20060619003834639.jpg

The Roster is:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Either Hal, Kyle or Guy Gardner)
Hawkgirl or Hawkman
Connor Hawke or Green Arrow or Arsenal
Red Tornado
Steel II

And two mystery characters....

Validus
"Steel II" could be Manhunter. At least I hope. Natasha Irons on the JLA would be lame.

Draco69
It's definitely Natasha Irons (she's a b****) you can tell by the whipping hair.

Any ideas who the two mystery characters are? Or who's gonna be the GL? Or the archer? Or the Thangarian.

I would like Connor Hawke to be on the team. I think he will be because you can see the outline of his hair and if Natasha is on the team they obviously need a male counterpart for romance.

I think it's HawkGIRL up there. Not sure...

ST0RM SHAD0W
I hope Captain Marvel gets put on.

Lucid Lui
Interesting. nothing there really grabs me though...

Validus
I'm going to guess the person flying next to Green Arrow/Arsenal is Captain Atom. The other shadow is a mystery though.

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus
I'm going to guess the person flying next to Green Arrow/Arsenal is Captain Atom. The other shadow is a mystery though.

I know who it is!

VIXEN.

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69
I know who it is!

VIXEN.
sick

Draco69
I like Vixen on JLU.

Never read much on her on the comics.

Apparently she adopted the JLU look, so THAT's good.

Or it could be Faith....

Validus
Maybe it's the new Dr. Fate...

Ok, I'm reaching. weep

Draco69
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Interesting. nothing there really grabs me though...

Don't worry. Aquaman will be on the next lineup. Maybe. He's still very, very green. Hell, I doubt he's a candidate for the Teen Titans...

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus
Maybe it's the new Dr. Fate...

Ok, I'm reaching. weep

Why don't you like Vixen?

She dumped Kyle too, didn't she? stick out tongue

Validus
I'm not really liking the rest of the lineup. I'd rather have Kyle or Guy be the team Lantern, especially Guy. Flash isn't there. Zatanna isn't there. I was hoping Firestorm would be on the team too.

If the GA is Roy that would be cool though.

EDIT - Now that I look again, J'onn isn't there either. mad

Draco69
I'm not that big on the lineup either.

I'm not pleased with Red Tornado (unless he gets an upgrade; for f***'s sake, the first storyline involves him blowing up....AGAIN.)

Steel II has potential.

I would prefer Connor Hawke or Arsenal. Not Ollie. He irritated me when he was on the JLA....

I'm missing the Flash as well as Martian Manhunter.

Zatanna isn't necessary but she would have been a nice touch since the JLA really lacks mystics....like this one....

Validus
Red Tornado definitely needs get it together. I think I've seen him laying on the ground in pieces more often than kicking ass. laughing out loud

Darth Vicious
Any ideas when is this suppose to ship? Is Wonder Woman Diana or Donna? Smehow I dont feel the need to get it. Hopefully it will turn out like New Avengers, some familiar faces, some that really didnt fit in and so far great stories.

Draco69
It's Diana. Can't you tell? sad

The previews state it is Diana as well.

Donna feels the need to wear something straight out of World of Warcraft....

Validus
#0 ships July 19th.

Speaking of New Avengers, #20 definitely gets my "WTF was that?" vote of the week.

Draco69
What the hell happened to whatshername, the ninja? She was all over the Avengers covers and now she's suddenly gone?

Pfft.

ScarletSpider
As mentioned above, the solicits mention Red Tornado getting torn a new one, yet again. I remember DiDio or Meltzer commenting on how we'll see a twist on the Red Tornado this year, so I'm guessing this storyline will provide the genesis for that.

I'm guessing the GL is Hal. If it was Guy we'd see the bowlcut outline stick out tongue
This is just my reasoning, although they could easily ignore it:
Guy's part of the Elite Corps thing, and is currently not stationed on Earth. Him making trips home to be in the Justice League just doesn't seem to gel, especially with people like Batman and Wonder Woman, whom he simply cannot get along with.
Could be John Stewart, but simply the hair outline looks to not support that. Plus people just don't seem to like him. I like him, but whatever.
Kyle currently does not have a ring and is imbued with the Ion power, his series will still be running by the time JLA gets off the ground, and I don't think they'd pre-empt the continuity for it. I could be wrong.
Which leaves Hal, unless they come up with a new Green Lantern, or Alan Scott ditches the cape and pulls triple duty in JLA, JSA and Checkmate.

Generic Flying Outline Guy: I like the sound of Captain Atom. Doubt it's a Marvel because of cape paraphenalia which would be outlined. Could be Booster, deepending on if they want to try and juggle 52 and OYL, making sure to reveal enough to tantalize without giving away any crucial story points.

As to the Mystery Woman: I'd like to see Vixen, she's definatley interesting. But check out her outline, seems to have bulky gloves and affects, I've always figured Vixen as a bit more streamlined, though that's a minor complaint and just me being nitpicky.

The Archer: Nothing to support it really, but I'd rather see Connor in the role. I'd like to find out where Roy is, he should be in Checkmate, I think.

Thanagarian: I'm guessing Hawkgirl, since she became popular with the cartoons and is currently staring in her own book. Although it could be the big OYL reveal for Carter Hall, so who knows. I think there's a logical point to each.

Edit: I liked Donnas WW costume, but whatever. Cape did seem a bit superfluous, I'll give you that much. I did like that they eliminated the U.S. flag motiff, as a Greek immortal godling-clay-mystical mirror image duplicate thing shouldn't be draped in a 200 year old country's flag.

Ninja Girl/Echo/Ronin mentioned in her last appearance she'd be keeping dibs on Silver Samurai and criminal activity in Japan, I believe. Sil lost a hand. Show's how well she's been keeping an eye on him.

The Collective was shit.

Validus
I think the direction of NA was seriously hurt by Civil War. The Collective arc was cut down by an issue which resulted in the jumbled mess that was issue 20 and now the team is about to split up.

Validus
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The Archer: Nothing to support it really, but I'd rather see Connor in the role. I'd like to find out where Roy is, he should be in Checkmate, I think.

Roy in Checkmate. That's perfect, especially with the Outsiders Vs Checkmate issue they're setting up. Good call. thumb up

ScarletSpider
Deodato's subpar art didn't help any either.

The Collective could have been neat if executed better, and if it had been given more time to gestate. Having it occur literally right after House of M made it lose some intensity. Letting it sit in orbit for awhile, and slowly form into a big threat a year or so down the line, probably more because with current storys it takes too many issues to get to actual events.

After Civil War, after a few other stories, have this big threat come up from their past and bite them in the ass would have been great. The New Avengers were formed to not make mistakes like the old Avengers did, not following through on their business. The Collective happening a couple years down the line would have been a tragic instance of that. Wow, Avengers, you were all there when Wanda gelded the mutants, you didn't think to check up on that afterwards?

Blair Wind
God I love turner.....

ScarletSpider
Sick, I didn't know about that. I'd love to see him and Nightwing toss down again. I just remember him being a Checkmate agent awhile back, with it being reformed, having one of their old field operatives back might be an asset, especially one well plugged in to the superhero world.

Looking at the GL in the pick, his outline does seem kind of bulky like Guy's costume. Hm. Like I said, I don't know why he'd join and they'd take him over Hal, but it would be nice to see him and Wonder Woman interact again, such as in the OMAC Project "You're beautiful and I could stare at that rack for hours." And have him fight Batman again.

aton_ra
It would make perfect sense to put in natasha and Conner, Batman seemed t make it clear with marvel that he wanted to help some heroes reach their potential.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Draco69
Don't worry. Aquaman will be on the next lineup. Maybe. He's still very, very green. Hell, I doubt he's a candidate for the Teen Titans... lol... Well yeah, that's pretty much why it does nothing for me.

One person i'd love to see on the line-up though, even more than the current Aquaman, would be Tempest.

It's still not clear what's happened to him. i'd love to see him return and become a JLA member. He definately has what it takes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.