most shocking ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
what movie had the most shocking ending

Dusty
Shocking? or Surprising?

If shocking, I'd say 'Se7en'.

BackFire
Se7en and Audition.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oldyboy's is pretty fooked-up. The Blair Witch Project's ending was also pretty ese loco first time around...

papabeard
Confessions of a Trick Baby, has a magnificent finale.

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty
Shocking? or Surprising?

If shocking, I'd say 'Se7en'.

Agreed.

MildPossession
Twenty Nine Palms had a disturbing ending, I had in my head an idea of what might happen at the end, and I was busy thinking of that when the actual ending happened, disturbingggggggg, even though you don't see anything graphic.

A Ma Soeur! had a shock ending I didn't expect too, again I was waiting for something else to happen involving a car crash, but something else happened instead that was awful.

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City. When Becky walked into the elevator and then the Salesman was waiting for her... I was like OMG!!!!

steverules
Star wars ESB

WrathfulDwarf
Corbucci's The Great Silence has one of most shocking endings in entire western genre.

Impediment
Se7en

Rapscallion
is seven really that shocking? I thought it was a tad predictable. For me Spider was the most shocking.

papabeard
I loved Spider, thought it was really good.

T.M
Originally posted by Rapscallion
is seven really that shocking? I thought it was a tad predictable. For me Spider was the most shocking.

Predictable... How ?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BackFire
Se7en and Audition.

Damn I havent watched Audition yet, my local video stores dont have it, I guess its Torrent time? Whats Audition about BF?

Rapscallion
Originally posted by T.M
Predictable... How ?

for most of the movie it wasn't predictable, but at the end as soon as morgan freemen opened the box i guessed what was inside, and from there it isn't to hard to determine what brad pitt would do in response.

hope i didn't give away too much of the ending for those who haven't seen it.

OhILuvHP
Skeleton Key!

A.D. Skinner
The Usual Suspects

I mean come on...for those that have seen it will agree.
I certainly had no idea that Kevin Spacey was Kiser Soce

T.M
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
The Usual Suspects

I mean come on...for those that have seen it will agree.
I certainly had no idea that Kevin Spacey was Kiser Soce

Keyser Soze

Aurora
Pay it Forward

The Sixth Sense

Solo
Oldboy
Out of the Past
Twin Peaks (TV)

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by T.M
Keyser Soze

Thank you for the spell check...I was too lazy to check it myself.

GallantKnight
Citizen Kane, just jokingwink

Fight Club fooled and shocked me.

gshkris7272
Green Street
Tristan and Isolde:'(

T.M
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Thank you for the spell check...I was too lazy to check it myself.

You're welcome.

I would say Sixth Sense... If people hadn't told me the ending before I watched it... mad

Impediment
Fight Club was a very good movie, but I really would have liked it if the director used the original ending from Palahniuk's book. For those of you who haven't read it, none of the bombs go off because Tyler used Parrafin as an ingredient, and then the Narrator puts the gun in his mouth to "kill" Tyler. The Narrator is then placed in a psychiatric hospital, and describes how he has a "smile" like a Jack-o-Lantern/evil Japanese kabuki demon because of the gunshot.

T.M
Originally posted by Impediment
Fight Club was a very good movie, but I really would have liked it if the director used the original ending from Palahniuk's book. For those of you who haven't read it, none of the bombs go off because Tyler used Parrafin as an ingredient, and then the Narrator puts the gun in his mouth to "kill" Tyler. The Narrator is then placed in a psychiatric hospital, and describes how he has a "smile" like a Jack-o-Lantern/evil Japanese kabuki demon because of the gunshot.

yeah I think the books ending was much better than the movies ending.

Morning_Glory
the first time I was watching Shawshank Redemption... I couldnt figure out how "Andy" escaped out of the jail...of course it's obvious now

the 6th sense and... maybe Seven (the part, where Gweneth's head was in the box)

Rampant ox
Originally posted by OhILuvHP
Skeleton Key!

I agree.

Hotpants
Se7en

Or Pi.

Bloigen
Snatch or Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels.

rox
secret window

Grimm22
Originally posted by rox
secret window

Really erm

It was really predictible about halfway through

ConalCochran
Where's "Sleepaway Camp"? now there was an ending that shocked me when i first saw it.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Solo
Oldboy
Out of the Past
Twin Peaks (TV)

how did the twin peaks series end?

Ignite
The departed....it just shocked the crap out of me.

But Seven and the usual suspects were the best for me.

Although TMNT: Return of the ooze where shredder just jumps out of no where and starts smashing the crap out of them....Shocking eek!

masterkit
The Rich Man's Wife(1996) Halle Berry, Clive Owen.

Lord Shadow Z
For me it was Unbreakable-I didn't see that coming at all and thankfully it wasn't as well-known as Sixth Sense or I guess I would have found out earlier.

I'll agree with Usual Suspects- that had a nice twist to the end.

Rogue Jedi
"the others" was a bit of a shocker.

rockycairns
The Usual Suspects - Great Ending

Memento - its not really dsturbing its just "woah"

Solo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how did the twin peaks series end?
Dale Cooper gets locked in the Black Lodge and his doppleganger is out impersonating him. A frustrating end.

jaden101
i have to say i didn't see the bit with leo dicaprio in the lift near the end of the departed coming...but i paused for about a second and then burst out laughing

Dusty
Samurai Rebellion

Rogue Jedi
"the toy" with richard pryor.....that damn kid with the dart gun. laughing out loud

EPIIIBITES
The ending to Burton's Planet of the Apes...it was pretty much the only thing I liked about that movie. The film had spent the last 2 hrs pissing you off...but then instead of having just a simple, forgettable ending...it came up with something loopy and ridiculous...(which seemed to piss people off even more...I was howling though)

Impediment
I also add The Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense.

dsilva
saw eregon a few days ago now dat movie has a shocking ending........ i was like wat????? its over?????? wat a waste of my time n money... eeeggghhh!!!!!!

Andrew McLeod
Hardly shocking...I saw that ending coming. haha There won't ever be a sequel, I'm sure.

pinkfloydkor
i was truly shocked in Pirates 3 when Barbossa walked down those damn steps, that came outta nowhere

that whole 3 seconds, i was pretty much screaming in my chair "WHO THE **** IS IT???????"

masterkit
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
i was truly shocked in Pirates 3 when Barbossa walked down those damn steps, that came outta nowhere

that whole 3 seconds, i was pretty much screaming in my chair "WHO THE **** IS IT???????"

2, my friend, but I agree.

pinkfloydkor
hahaha, yeahh i guess that would be the second one

guess i had three on the mind, been talkin about it all day

thanks

guinanie
I think THE HILLS HAVE EYES is a shocking movie because of human killing.

coolmovies
The Empire strikes back 'I am your father line' Shocking !!

ADarksideJedi
It was pretty shocking so was the movie "The Scarlet Pimpural" with that english actor Andrews(forget his first name)jm

chillmeistergen
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Captain Maynard
Se7en

jon84
Brazil.

I was like WTF?

filmser
You guys will think I'm a fool, but I was totally tricked by the Sixth Sense trickery.

The Sixth Sense

mr.smiley
The Usual Suspects.

I thought the Village had a shocking ending.I thought it was stupid,but I sure didn't see it coming.

Lunch_Meat
Oldboy. It's basically the most twisted ending ever in a movie, at least that i've seen, think Se7en ending times 100.

Supreme being
Seven, old boy, shaw-shank of redemption lol yes that shocked me i had never read the book prior to seeing the film and my friend never even hinted at the ending i just assumed it would have a sad ending.

king leonidas
either se7en or the usual suspects

HisMajestyAC43
you mean the scarlet pimpernel?

not the most shocking... imo.

se7en was, and i really must say that the departed did shock me. i have to agree as well with fight club, as someone who didn't first read the book.

darthmaul1
The Empire Strikes Back

and Arlington Road.

[Walkah]
Pirates 3

I DON'T WANT ANOTHER FRIGGIN' MOVIE!

chillmeistergen
They'll keep making pirates until the money stops rolling in, that's all the film's made for there's no passion in it. That's why I detest the whole franchise.

exanda kane
Se7en was horrendously shocking when I first saw it, and even now just that pay off is just...well, I can't describe it really, it's horrible, and not simply because of the actually "you got mail", but the emotions Brad Pitt's character must go through.

Fight Club is less so shocking for me, as I had read the book previous, but also, I've had people tell me that they weren't too impressed with twist, nevermind how shocking it is, and I attempt to look at it objectively for once, and y'know, after the first two acts, it does kinda slow down.

exanda kane
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
They'll keep making pirates until the money stops rolling in, that's all the film's made for there's no passion in it. That's why I detest the whole franchise.

I can understand why people hate it, but I just can't bring myself to dislike the meanderings of Depp and all the confusing, convulted plots. Plus, a few good close ups of Keira Knightley don't go amiss.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by exanda kane
I can understand why people hate it, but I just can't bring myself to dislike the meanderings of Depp and all the confusing, convulted plots. Plus, a few good close ups of Keira Knightley don't go amiss.

The close ups of Keira I completely agree with, however the whole Depp thing, I think his acting is type casted a lot of the time to a new level. Only in his present career however, in films like Blow it was an entirely different story. But now I just can't help but see basically the same character in the same abysmal films i.e Pirates, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory etc.

exanda kane
True, he has been type cast a bit now, but I guess that versatility hasn't gone away (however much I dislike Blow). If I were to aim criticism at any of the leads, It'd be a bullseye on Bloom though. He may look like a new age Errol Flyn, but he can't play any role but the Legolas role (even Balian had a bit of elf in him).

I just enjoy these films, even with there faults. I find they have lots of replay value.

2D_MASTER
" A boy and His dog", when Vic kills Quilajune and feeds her to Blood.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by exanda kane
True, he has been type cast a bit now, but I guess that versatility hasn't gone away (however much I dislike Blow). If I were to aim criticism at any of the leads, It'd be a bullseye on Bloom though. He may look like a new age Errol Flyn, but he can't play any role but the Legolas role (even Balian had a bit of elf in him).

I just enjoy these films, even with there faults. I find they have lots of replay value.

Yeah I see what you mean with Bloom, he's just a bit of a sap really, I think. Mind you, he was quite good in Extras.
Yeah he did play Legolas well, I think it's mainly because he looked so youthful in it and just overall, elf like.

Yeah it's fair enough that you like them, each to their own. Thank God it is each to their own, I can;t imagine how boring it would be if people's opinions didn't differ, even on things like films.

ragesRemorse

no they wont.

chillmeistergen
When do you think they'll stop making it then?

ragesRemorse
When do you think they'll stop making it then?

I actually think 3 is the last one for the series. Though 3 wasnt a bomb, it was a dissapointment for projected sales. this alone wouldnt lead me to believe that ocean has calmed on the pirates franchise, but i saw an interview with Bruckhiemer. He answered to a question about the future of pirates saying that as the producer he only continued on to the third movie because the story of the characters couldnt be told through only one sequal, but he felt as though the 3rd brought fair clsure to the series not only for himself but to the characters aswell.

however, if theres one thing bruckhiemer has shown me, its that he never shys away from a dollar to be made. So if they did want to make another it would all rest in depp's hands, and he seems to have liked portraying captain jack and said that he wouldnt mind visiting captain jack again one day, but fears as though he's met him for the last time. So this says that if they wanted to, they could because depp would most likely be on board, but again, i think its done. Atleast for a long time.

chillmeistergen
Oh right I didn't know that, sorry. Fingers crossed for no more then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.