clone trooper versus super battle droid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion_of_Maul
which is more efficient.

Kaithen
I already made this thread.. please close it*

kamikz
I would say a clone trooper. Unlike the droid, a clone trooper can think for himself, make plans and stuff. I think he is a better warrior to cause they have been professionally trained, the droids are just armed with blasters and sent out to kill....

Sith Lord Windu
Yeah. Clones are independent thinkers and droids are stupid they just get told where to and and when to pull the trigger. The only plus is that droids are cheap and came overwhelm the opposition quickly whereas clones rely on firepower.

Rampant ox
I disagree. A droid is stronger than a clone. And you make the droids out to be dumb. They arent as intelligent as the clones but they can still fight effectively. They are programmed to fight. This means they already know the best strategy etc

jedi_tek
clones do have better movement then droids cuz they can roll and dodge which gives them a bigger advatage so i say the clone would win.

Rampant ox
The droid just has to fire a wrist rocket and it bye bye clone. So I say the droid would win.

BlaxicanTroller
The clone just has to fire one bullet and by by droid. So..yeah.

Rampant ox
It takes more than a bullet to kill a droid. They have thick steel armour. It will take a fair few shots to bring down the droid.

BlaxicanTroller
Is that why you can kill a droid in oen shot to the head in BF II and BF !

Rampant ox
Only with a sniper shot. And this thread just says clone trooper.

MadMel
you can kill a sbd with two headshots with a clone tropper gun in bf2..

Rampant ox
Originally posted by MadMel
you can kill a sbd with two headshots with a clone tropper gun in bf2..

When and with what gun? Ive never been able to. And anyway landing 2 head shots isnt an esy thing to do. Especially when the droid will be moving and shooting back. However just one shot with the wrist rocket and the clone dies.

Pyro Tyrannus
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
The clone just has to fire one bullet and by by droid. So..yeah.

Goes to show what you know. Look AOTC, a SBD gets shot and keeps firing regardless.

Council#13
In one of those books, it said how droids are pretty much weapons themselves, and are accurate with their blaster bolts. The SBD is incased in heavy armor, protecting it, but restricting it's manuverability. The clone troopers can think for themselves, and are more agile and faster, and can recover their balance better. However, they can be more easily harmed (e.g bits of sharp rock) than the SBD, who can be harmed by things that won't hurt a clone very much (e.g during the Defense of Kamino, an ARC trooper used a electric grenade to shut off the battle droids).

kamikz
Originally posted by Rampant ox
The droid just has to fire a wrist rocket and it bye bye clone. So I say the droid would win.

Can easily be dodged by a roll, and it does not create a huge splash damage either. It's just for the clone to open fire and throw himself to the ground and the SBD is dead. Common, we see Obi-Wan barley even trying to deflect the SBD's shots in ROTS and it dies after the first shot is deflected....

overlord
Originally posted by Pyro Tyrannus
Goes to show what you know. Look AOTC, a SBD gets shot and keeps firing regardless. Exactly, you can see Super Battle droids taking a bunch of hits in the movies.

kamikz
Except in ROTS where you see one go down after getting hit once when Obi deflected the fire....

Legion_of_Maul
droids are pure armour, and clones don't have top of the line body armor. also, whatever happenned to super battled droids being heartless killers, in ROTS they were all like excuse me and pardon me. and in AOTC he killed a battle droid just to start shooting at the jedi.

Sith Lord Windu
Droids suck. they are stuipid!

clones are superior to droids because they are more intelligent, they are human and droids just get told where to go and when to fire, like Qui Gon said "the ability to speak does not make you intelligent".

Plus they need a leader to control them and a clone can adapt to the mission if the command is killed. Droids also need the main controll ship to function, if thats taken out then they are dead.

Yeah a droid can fire a rocket, but only a SBD or a rocket trooper and the clones have arc troopers which makes it equal. Even if the droid fired a rocket the clone could just roll out of the way or jump over it.

I've been able to take out a droid with two clone pistol shots and what the hell was the droid doing when i was owning it, SHOTING AND MOVING!

A clone is trained to exploit the SBD's weakness, the armour can survive shots but the clone will know where to hit it for an easy kill and the droid would just stand there and fire anywhere at the clone.

darthsith19
The Clone. Look at AOTC when the Trade Federation Core gets shot down and a big cloud of dust flies everywhere. The Clones are still hitting and killing the SBD's but the SBD's are missing the Clones. The Clones have betetr aim, reflexes, sure the SBD's were programmed to kill but so were the regular Battle Droids and they suck. The Clones were trained to fight or die trying. They are superior to SBD's.

Rampant ox
It takes a clone a volley of shots to destroy a SBD. This is showen in the movies. They have thick steel armour and are programmed to kill. No, they are not as smart as the clones but they ceratainly arent stupid. And a wrist rocket could do some serious damage. Even if the clone rolls out of the way it will be defenceless for the few seconds its on the ground. Easily enough time for the SBD to shoot it. And the fact that the droids need the main control ship to function means sh*t in this fight. Its not like the clone is going to infiltrate the control ship, blow it up and escape all by itself.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Its not like the clone is going to infiltrate the control ship, blow it up and escape all by itself.
What makes you so sure? How was the battle won in TPM? CW shows Saesse Tiin and his crew taking over a Federation ship during battle conditions, so it would be equally possible for them to then destroy the ship and escape, which would mean no more control ship for the other droids.

darthsith19
Really? I seem to remember Padme shooting one and it survived but every time a Clone shot one it went down right away. One got shot by a Clone who was sitting in a Republic Gunship when the Clones first arrived. And during the battle every time a SBD gets shot it goes down. The only time it didn't was when Padme shot it.

Since when did SBD's have wrist rocket's?

And the chances of it having to roll away are what? Small at best. More likely the Clone will draw his blaster and blast the SBD to pieces before the SBD gets off anm accurate shot.

KingDubya
Originally posted by darthsith19
Since when did SBD's have wrist rocket's?
Since the Battlefront games were released.

darthsith19
Ah, okay, but the original b-2 battle droid didn't have any wrist-rockets./ So is this the original or one of the improved versions?

Legion_of_Maul
this is the normal super battle droids, with wrist rockets, they always had them, but clones had superior training, the clouds of dust confused the SBD's but not the clones.

Lord Kadaj
This thread is like Jango Fett VS SBD. The clone wins.

Legion_of_Maul
not really, considering they are altered and the only thing in common with jango they have is physical features.

Lord Kadaj
Didn't Boba said how they resembled Jango in his own book? Like they they walked, how they aimed, and etc?

Kaithen
how they aimed? they need more training to get as good as Jango. However a Super battle droid is able to stand up against a wookiee warrior

MEDVOCK

Anthony$Billy
Clone tropper+emp greande= dead driod

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Lord Kadaj
Didn't Boba said how they resembled Jango in his own book? Like they they walked, how they aimed, and etc?
I haven't read the book, but it wouldn't surprize me, as things like that could count as behavioural characteristics, which are genetically determined. Cloned cats have shown to have near identical behavioural traits as their genetic donor.

(See here for Cloned cats... A real discount at $32,000 a go!
http://www.savingsandclone.com/)

Rampant ox

Darth Nihiuls
Well for one thing it depends on the general. but if there is'nt one i'd say SBD because they have very good acuarcy with the blaster. Also one wrist rocket= 5 corpses. the clones take 5 years to matureand SBD are churned out of a factory. Also IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE SHOT TO DESTROY A SBD. they can't move much, but their sheer numbers make up for any destroyed ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.