Defend The Fort!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Bryan
Theres a metal fort that resembles the Alamo. The contents inside is Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Grand Moff Tarkin. Not only them but about 15 501st Legion Clone Troopers. They all have their weapons and they have two thermal detnators.

Can they survive three waves?

Wave one: 21 Battle Droids(Skinny Ones)
Wave Two: Two Rancors, 15 Battle Droids, and 5 Super Battle Droids.
-=Supply Drop: Three Rocket Launchers=-
Wave Three: A Mutant Rancor and 5 Droidekas

Objective: The fort dwellers must defend the flag in the cellar from the middle. Stradegy is important here.

kamikz
I say they die at 3.

Legion_of_Maul
i say they kill everything but the rancor, except it goes rougue and kills the world and nobody wins, only the rancor.

Darth_Glentract
They win. The Rancor is not invincible. It will go down soon enough.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by kamikz
I say they die at 3.

Captain REX
I think they pull through all three waves.

Wave 1: Easy. Those twigs are blasted with blasters.

Wave 2: Not as easy, but enough shots at a rancor can take it down, maybe they use the two thermal detonators (or just one) to take out the rancors and a few of the droids, then blast down the rest of the droids.

Wave 3: Presuming they saved a thermal detonator from last time, they can blow away the mutant rancor (or finish it off after hitting it with the detonator), then use the three rocket launchers on the droidekas. The last two droidekas can then be blasted down by Jango's and Boba's wrist rockets and jetpack missiles and whatnot.

kamikz
Are you sure the thremal detonator will take down the rancor? Kyle Katarn fought through waves of people tossing those even when he didn't have the force. Do they really create such a large explosion? And the Rancors skin is pretty resistant to damage, as shown in the game, it is near impossible to take it down, lightsaber or weapons. Jaden did canonically take normal weapons with him (you must do so before every level, otherwise you cannot continue). What weapons he took is of course up to the player, but there is a choice between rocket launchers, thermal detonators, detpacks and other explosives. Actually, you have to bring one explosive charge in your equipment. The only way it was killed was between that crate and the ray shield, anything between that space would be crushed.
The rancor was made to crush a city, it would be pretty well prepared for a fight...

Darth Acheous
tarkin is old and whiny so he'll probably give orders while he gets hi because he knows death is near smokin'
but seriously
wave 1- jango gos on a flight around the fort and blast about 15 of the droids and eventually gets shot and falls down.boba takes out the rest with wrist rockets and brings his dad back in where the clones fix him up with there medpacks

Darth Acheous
wave2- the troopers snipe the battle droids from uptop while jango uses wrist rockets to pawn the SBDs boba throws thrml dtntr n each rancors mouth
tarkin takes a puff

Darth Acheous
wav 3- boba takes a rocket launcher and wtfpawns the SBDs
jango blasts ou the rancors eyes to blind and district it from the 2 trooperswho uppercut it with rocket and then launch at its head until it dies
meanwhile tarkins passin the weed around to lazy 13 troopers who hate the kaminoans creating their terrible lifes

yay i guess :smokin':

kamikz
You mean hit his eyes through that iron mask? Hard task....

Captain REX
Originally posted by kamikz
Are you sure the thremal detonator will take down the rancor? Kyle Katarn fought through waves of people tossing those even when he didn't have the force. Do they really create such a large explosion? And the Rancors skin is pretty resistant to damage, as shown in the game, it is near impossible to take it down, lightsaber or weapons. Jaden did canonically take normal weapons with him (you must do so before every level, otherwise you cannot continue). What weapons he took is of course up to the player, but there is a choice between rocket launchers, thermal detonators, detpacks and other explosives. Actually, you have to bring one explosive charge in your equipment. The only way it was killed was between that crate and the ray shield, anything between that space would be crushed.
The rancor was made to crush a city, it would be pretty well prepared for a fight...

If you mean the thermal detonators thrown at Kyle in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy...well, those are severely downgraded. They should have just made a whole different weapon for it, like frag grenades instead.

Read the article on thermal detonators on the OS or Wikipedia. They have a five meter blast radius, and can take down buildings. stick out tongue

kamikz
Not in my Jedi Knight game stick out tongue

........ sad

Ok well then they probably kill themselfs with it as well, I mean, really, how far can you toss something, not far enough if I say so....

Edit: Here is the info on a thermal detonator on the OS....

"A thermal detonator is a compact yet powerful explosive device contained is a small, silvery sphere. Once activated, an internal fusion reaction starts within the sphere which eventually grows into a deadly explosion. Princess Leia Organa, disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh, used a thermal detonator while negotiating a steep sum for the capture of Chewbacca the Wookiee. For the fearless use of such a deadly weapon, Boushh earned the hulking crime lord's respect and a sizable bounty as well"

It doesn't specifically say how powerful it is, just powerful. It looks exactly the same as in the JK games. On Wikipedia, well, that's not an all reliable source, and it doesn't say it can blow buildings, where is proof of it being that strong really?

Captain REX
Try the Wikipedia article HERE.

Plus, notice how everyone in the room recoils when Leia takes one out in ROTJ when disguised as Boushh (sp?). Wouldn't matter much if it didn't have a wide blast radius, they'd all just be like 'Oh shit, Jabba's in trouble...' but it's more 'Oh shit, we're doomed!'

At least, that's what I see. *shrug*

kamikz
You mean Wookieepedia, ok. Well I'm not sure were they have gotten the info either, but I'm gonna take your word for it... smile
It hasn't been established what kind of thermal it is. Those handheld by imperials and soldiers are apparently only a 5m radius and not as strong as the big ones. If they had big ones I doubt they would survive the explosion either.....

Yeah I thought so to, but maybe they feared just where he would toss the thermal. But it doesn't matter really.... ^

Count Kent
Rex is right in this case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.