How in the Hell can any Superhero or Villain be stronger than The God of Strength?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Herculese is the God of Strength yet comic characters like Superman and alot of others are stronger, in some cases wqay stronger. I don't get it. If you're the God of something, you're the ultimate, lording over all.

Psyquis52
Read Earth X. They'll explain Hercules and the source of his power to you.

FistOfThe North
Earth X? But I already know the source of Hercules strength. It comes from the Gods, from the Heavens of Mount Olympus. You can get you energies from a more higher source than that. Not from the Sun, not from Magic, not from anything.

ST0RM SHAD0W
The sun is a God......to some people.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Earth X? But I already know the source of Hercules strength. It comes from the Gods, from the Heavens of Mount Olympus. You can get you energies from a more higher source than that. Not from the Sun, not from Magic, not from anything.

That's not exactly the truth. He's not really a god. Things work differantly in Marvel than they do in DC. Actually Hercules is an example of two steps up on the evolutionary scale.

It's difficult to explain. Believe me it's better if you read the book.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, in Marvel the various pantheon's of gods are generally regarded to be very powerful extraterrestrial beings.

olympian
Earth X isent cannon, is it. The "they are alien" thing at 616 marvel so far has been taken from the view of the common joe, not the rest.

They never refered themselves as aliens, and neither the rest of the whole superpowered community as far as i know. Cosmics included.

And how can you be stronger? By being in the same ballpark already and having the possibility of getting even higher like Hulk. Wich doesnt happen all the time.

Loot
apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god.

King KAM
Originally posted by olympian
Earth X isent cannon, is it. The "they are alien" thing at 616 marvel so far has been taken from the view of the common joe, not the rest.

They never refered themselves as aliens, and neither the rest of the whole superpowered community as far as i know. Cosmics included.

And how can you be stronger? By being in the same ballpark already and having the possibility of getting even higher like Hulk. Wich doesnt happen all the time. the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan.

olympian
"apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god"

Im staggered by how many times this one needs to be corrected. No offense meant but it always shows up no matter what.

Herc was born a demi god but was rewarded with a Godlike status by Zeus upon his death.

The Comics followed from that point. When we see him for the first time hes already a member of the Olympian phanteon. Not a mortal.

- - -

"the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan."

They have both done more. And he should in my view.

King KAM
"apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god"

Im staggered by how many times this one needs to be corrected. No offense meant but it always shows up no matter what.

Herc was born a demi god but was rewarded with a Godlike status by Zeus upon his death.

The Comics followed from that point. When we see him for the first time hes already a member of the Olympian phanteon. Not a mortal.

- - -

"the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan."

They have both done more. And he should in my view. yeah hulk has done more, uber pissed...hercules is already at that strength level, hulk is overrated and im glad titanus whooped that ass

olympian
Hey, at least he has a legitime claim as how he can be-get stronger.

Unlike others:

http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soulwar28mv4ql.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaspectresoulwarwwliftspectre.jpg

Kyle should get extra pay for doing theyr work.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asmodel19yk.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asmodel28hi.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asmodel37pr.jpg

Gaea = top tier only stick out tongue And one that needs help.

Accel
Originally posted by King KAM
yeah hulk has done more, uber pissed...hercules is already at that strength level, hulk is overrated and im glad titanus whooped that ass
Hulk at his base is already around Hercules's level. He doesn't need to be really mad to pull off strength feats on Hercules's level.

Juntai
Originally posted by Accel
Hulk at his base is already around Hercules's level. He doesn't need to be really mad to pull off strength feats on Hercules's level. When, the 70s... 80s..? I see Hulk get beat up a lot lately whenever he runs into another hero or decent villain. He's not the same "Strongest one there is" Hulk he used to be, imo.

Accel
Originally posted by Juntai
When, the 70s... 80s..? I see Hulk get beat up a lot lately whenever he runs into another hero or decent villain. He's not the same "Strongest one there is" Hulk he used to be, imo.
Well, yeah that's true. He does get beat around a lot nowadays. I'm referring to when he was in his prime. These days, he's just another plot device.

HellMaster93
Indeed. Then again, at least he's better than '70s Hulk...

Disappear
zeus stripped away the majority of his godlike strength, leaving him close to class 50, about ten years ago if i recall. so, there's that.

snoopdogg

http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soulwar28mv4ql.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlaspectresoulwarwwliftspectre.jpg

Kyle should get extra pay for doing theyr work.

I'm curious. Why do you keep saying that? It looks like Kyle just made a construct they could breathe in.

Accel
Originally posted by Disappear
zeus stripped away the majority of his godlike strength, leaving him close to class 50, about ten years ago if i recall. so, there's that.
No, even Mortal Hercules is way above the 100 ton mark.

Sea King
well my self i dont consider herc a god just realy strong. if you were a god over something you would not only possess that abilty but control all forms of it also.

King KAM
Hulk at his base is already around Hercules's level. He doesn't need to be really mad to pull off strength feats on Hercules's level. hulk at base strength can pull manhattan???

you do realize how much manhattan weighs dont you?

olympian
Hulks base is sligthy below. I always saw it as around Doc Samson level. A bit higher maybe. But quickly speeding up when enraged.

Accel
hulk at base strength can pull manhattan???

you do realize how much manhattan weighs dont you?
He's moved tectonic plates with his bare hands at his base strength, so I don't see why not.

Accel
Originally posted by Sea King
well my self i dont consider herc a god just realy strong. if you were a god over something you would not only possess that abilty but control all forms of it also.
Hercules is a god because he's the son of Zeus. Personally, I think that as the god of strength, he should have some power of unlimited strength as well. He should be able to draw strength or something, like He-Man does.

King KAM
He's moved tectonic plates with his bare hands at his base strength, so I don't see why not. and thats strange because hulk has crazy feats like the one you named yet when he is at base he is only supposd to be class 100.

Scoobless
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Herculese is the God of Strength yet comic characters like Superman and alot of others are stronger, in some cases wqay stronger. I don't get it. If you're the God of something, you're the ultimate, lording over all.

It's just a name... Magni (Thor's son) is also referred to as The/A God of Strength

(actually.... isn't Hercules the "Prince of Power"?)

Accel
and thats strange because hulk has crazy feats like the one you named yet when he is at base he is only supposd to be class 100.
Class 100 just means one can lift in the range of 100 tons to infinity. There really is no definite number for his base strength.

Accel
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's just a name... Magni (Thor's son) is also referred to as The/A God of Strength

(actually.... isn't Hercules the "Prince of Power"?)
Even so, the guy should have some means of summoning limitless amounts of strength, especially since he's a top-tier with no other powers.

HulkIsHulk
"yeah hulk has done more, uber pissed...hercules is already at that strength level, hulk is overrated and im glad titanus whooped that ass"

Hulk did 'em all uber pissed. Yeah right. And soory to break your bubble, but FYI, that Titanus guy whooping Hulk's ass, that was an alternate reality. Even that Hulk was not Bruce Banner, it was Pym. It has as much continuity to the main universe Hulk just as much continuity as the zombie Hulk biting off Silver Surfer's head has, which is nothing.

And realistically, Hercules should not throw around with a guy who has shattered the time-space continuum and held open a black hole.

No downplaying Hercules strength though. He and Thor have put enough force in an arm wrestling match to almost knock the earth out of its orbit.

- - -

They have both done more. And he should in my view. cool

HulkIsHulk
Oops. put them in the same block

HulkIsHulk
Class 100 just means one can lift in the range of 100 tons to infinity. There really is no definite number for his base strength.

Yep, in fact a lot of guys are class 100 but do a lot more. Didn't Thing lift 30,000 tons recently, and overcame a pile-driver mechanism that could drill from one end of the earth to the other?
Strength levels change, and for Hulk's strength increase, anger is not the only way, dud.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.