green lantern ring vs the soul gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
which would you pick if you the chance to wield either of them?

DarkCrawler
The ring. The Soul Gem would just try to take you over every time you use it.

Juntai
With enough will you could probably get just as good effects, and trillions of other uses out of the ring too.

Soul Gem ever hold a big bang together?

Big Sexy
soul gem is too demanding to have. You have to constantly feed it. The time and reality gem are where the moneys at.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
With enough will you could probably get just as good effects, and trillions of other uses out of the ring too.

Soul Gem ever hold a big bang together?

but don't forget -- adam with the gem actually defeated mephisto in hell. even galactus couldn't do that . . .

General Kon-El
What does hte Soul Gem really do? What power does it grant the host?

grey fox
Originally posted by leonidas
but don't forget -- adam with the gem actually defeated mephisto in hell. even galactus couldn't do that . . .

That was due to the surroundings though.

leonidas
Originally posted by grey fox
That was due to the surroundings though.

confused

they were IN hell, mephisto's home plane. even galactus couldn't beat him in hell. not sure what you mean by surroundings . . .

grey fox
confused

they were IN hell, mephisto's home plane. even galactus couldn't beat him in hell. not sure what you mean by surroundings . . .

The soul gem feeds off of souls. Their in hell , where hundreds of souls go and reside .

You ever play Mortal Kombat : The deadly alliance ?

Think of Shang Tsung and the soulnado.

leonidas
The soul gem feeds off of souls. Their in hell , where hundreds of souls go and reside .

You ever play Mortal Kombat : The deadly alliance ?

Think of Shang Tsung and the soulnado.

but it's not powered by the number of souls that surround it -- it feeds and gains power from souls that are drawn into it. i'm not sure it matters that there were souls around, and nothing like that was alluded to, i don't believe . . .

grey fox
but it's not powered by the number of souls that surround it -- it feeds and gains power from souls that are drawn into it. i'm not sure it matters that there were souls around, and nothing like that was alluded to, i don't believe . . .

I belive Warlock mentions it , that the souls are powering him. It's plausable anyway.

Validus
The soul gem is last on the list of Infinity gems I would take given the opportunity.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
The soul gem is last on the list of Infinity gems I would take given the opportunity.

oh, it's a pain in teh arse, no doubt. foxy, your theory has merit. i'd need to check if it actually WERE mentioned, but i don't remember it. anyway, the soul gem sux and warlock -- who used to be very cool -- isn't far behind it.

i wonder how the ring would fare against the gems energy though . . .?

Adam Warlock
I wouldn't take the soul gem. The soul gem would probably kill me. The gem sucks the life force out of it's wielder. The wielder of the gem is supposed to already have a strong mind and body. Him was a perfect candidate for the gem. If I had Warlock's body and mind on the other hand, I would take the gem.

As an average Joe, the ring would suit me just fine.

Oh, and Warlock would probably outright own normal GL's as well as cosmic beings like Surfer. evil face

grey fox
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
I wouldn't take the soul gem. The soul gem would probably kill me. The gem sucks the life force out of it's wielder. The wielder of the gem is supposed to already have a strong mind and body. Him was a perfect candidate for the gem. If I had Warlock's body and mind on the other hand, I would take the gem.

As an average Joe, the ring would suit me just fine.

Oh, and Warlock would probably outright own normal GL's as well as cosmic beings like Surfer. evil face

Yes but this isn't Warlock versus Hal . It's their respective weapons.

rotiart
Hrm. If you have any amount of willpower, you can create stuff with a gl ring. Mind you the greater your willpower the greater your powers... But you have to have an IMMENSE amount of willpower just avoid getting fubared by the soul gem.

So I'd rather have the GL ring. I'd rather do a few parlor tricks than find out I'm trapped inside the gem with everyone else i'd ever sucked in there..

Adam Warlock
Yes but this isn't Warlock versus Hal . It's their respective weapons.

I know.

I'd take the ring like I said above. If I had a body and mind strong enough to handle the gem, I'd take that.

Broly92
Soul gem and with it kill a gl and take their ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.