F1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
any F1 fans 'round here?

yerssot
yup

Dexx
so...let me guess.....you're a ferrari guy.....

yerssot
no! mad

Gundark
Err..is F1 a band ? I thought it was just a button on my keyboard.

mah
Formula 1 racing, not a band no

yerssot
bmw smile
ralf and montoya smile

Ushgarak
Yerssot is the F1 freak, I believe, but I am quite partial.

Gundark
*removes egg*

Got it. I watch it from time to time but I don't really know a lot of the drivers.

Dexx
williams, eh?....well.....i'm the McLaren fan for....for a long time now....

yerssot
bah,
Raikonen is doing good, but they have to accept that they can't reach Ferrari anymore and that they have trouble keeping up with Williams!

ToMacco
I think I played an F1 game once on Nintendo.

Corran
I like F1, I am hoping to go to the Italian Grand prix on 15th September, partly because I like Ferrari and partly because I cannot arrange for next weeks German on in time and have other reasons for not being able to do Spa.

yerssot
Poodoo! Would be great if you went to Spa!
I've been going to Francorchamps for a year or 5 now...
I'm going this year again, and I hope they will let Spa in in the next season

Corran
It would have been nice to go to the Belgian GP as well as the Italian too, but alas this year it's not possible, the Italian GP would cost me around the same as the Belgian anyhow and seeing as I have been to Belgium many times and never to Italy, I think it's going to be a good long weekend. Are there any members from Italy?

yerssot
not that I know of...

Have you seen the Bus stop chicane? It's great! Dad and I were standing there when Coulthard spinned and almost slammed in the wall we ware standing next to... Barichello almost drove his car in the Mercedes smile and THAT was even on Friday!

Tex
F1 racing is way better than the Indy car racing over here. They just drive around in circles, where as in F1, they go through city streets and such! cool

Dexx
well....the only citystreet track is in Monaco...but yeah, F1 is better than indycar.

Dexx
so..? I was a fan when hakkinen was world champion. I jope some day (season) they'll be back on their feet. Besides, this season isn't over yet. If Coulthard wins a race he gets seccond after schumy.

yerssot
yeah well, of course it's after Schumi stick out tongue

As soon as BMW gets their cars more reliable, they can compete with Ferrari, look at the poles of Montoya

But Mercedes still can't get their acts togather and reach the others!

Dexx
well...last race didn't show williams superiority....i'm not saying that McLarent isn't in a bad time, but i hope it can still be back in time

yerssot
minor problems big grin

Ralf isn't doing good this year... but montoya is really showing!

Everything to break the running of Ferrari wink

Dexx
if i wouldn't have McLaren, i'd go for Montoya too.( not ralph )
Anything but Ferrari....not schumy

yerssot
you've seen a F1 live?
I've bought Williams stuff last time, I'm going and get it signed next time, I hope smile

Dexx
no...not live ( i mean, i saw it live...on TV smile )
i dunno about interracting with pilots..(autographs and stuff) some of'em seem kinda grumpy...

Corran
Not sure they're grumpy, if you are watching pre-race they may simply just be focused, it's a dangerous sport after all. After the race they are very tired due to the intense concentration and hard driving they have just done.

yerssot
yeah, read that the hartbeat before the lights is around 120, which is almost leathal, if I remember well.
So give them some credit of looking grumpy...wink

and the autograph session is on Friday (before Free Training) and on Saturday (hours before Qualification, during Pirelli Qual)

best thing is, where you have to go for signing, they have lots of brandnew cars, and they have F1 cars where you can sit in!

Corran
Saw a signing session that DC did once, he sat with a mile long queue and just autographed for hours.

yerssot
problem is, they only signed for an hour!

Dexx
never saw 'em anywhere but on TV......oh well...

yerssot
well, you can always go to Indiapolis to see them

Dexx
kinda far away...huh

yerssot
ow...thought you were from America...

Dexx
well....i am in canada for a couple of months...but then back to Romania...

yerssot
ah! right! you said that once...

Let me think...
Germany? Italy? San Marino? those are closer...

Dexx
hehe...i guess they are....

yerssot
perhaps you can get some tickets for them?

mah
isn't it expencive?

yerssot
not a lot, but well, I stay in the same country...at least this year

Dexx
naah...i don't really wanna go at a live track. ....ok...maybe just Montecarlo. In the rest.....i'm just the McLaren supporter in the shadow smokin'

yerssot
ok, but you don't know what you miss

Tex
They were racing through Monte Carlo a couple of months ago, right?

yerssot
yup

Tex
I saw that one.
The blue car won.

yerssot
laughing out loud

Dexx
no....not the blue car...the black car......the McLaren car. The only time a McLaren car wan this season sad

Tex
Blue, black, whatever.
That red ferarri is the only car that matters wink

Dexx
sure..

He-Man

He-Man
Well Montoya's good qualifying positions must have someting to do with their qualifying engine. If I'm correct, Williams is the only team who has one. And last race showed well that even Merzedes doesn't always blow up.

yerssot
btw, happy posting again He-Man

That's normal, the first car (in this case Schumis) has the best engine, best chasis (what ever it is english) etc. It's not that for example the engine of Barrichelo is acting at 60% but those little details DO make a difference. But I do agree some accidents could have more meaning than just things not working out right.

yerssot
UPDATE:
Mika Hakinnen retires from F1

mah
darn! sad

He-Man

yerssot

Dexx
nah...he was jus preoccupied with his familly.....the child comming up...we cand understand his last season. Anyway i herad there is a slight chance that he might be returning next year....nothing sure...whatever his decision is now he can change his mind tomorrow.
There's that little Raikkonen...very talented.....i'm positive he's gonna have his world championships, especially with schummy retiering at the end of 2003 (or so i heard somewhere )
About schummy's winnings......i'm sure that other pilots ( Villeneuve, very good pilot ) would have the same results, or perhaps better with the ferrari team. I mean look at their car, the engineers, the race strategy, pitstop time........one would begin to wonder how much of his winnings belong to him, i'm not sayin' he's not good, i just don't like him at all

yerssot
heared nothing about schumi going on retirement, he can easily go for 10 years!

I'm still waiting for Jenson Button to get a fair chance! And I mean first seat, not second one in a crappy car like he got in his first year.

Don't forget Dexx, Eclestone is on their side, and that's the problem

Dexx
Jenson Button is still a williams pilot....but i dunno who're they gonna kick for him to come...i hear he's gonna fly from renault next season.
About schummy.....hmmm....10 years....i think he's smart enough to retire while he's on top

mah
been people saying that schumi said he'll retire soon

Dexx
i heard it from a comentator during a race that he'll retire and that villeneuve will take his place.....hard facts to belive ( though villeneuve is very good )

yerssot
He's a TEST pilot! he needs a first seat!
and I heared about Toyota?

Dexx
i heard about toyota too...and jordan i think...well....eventually we'll know

yerssot
a bit late but yeah...wanna know now sad

Dexx
i don't like Jenson Button. Maybe he never got the chance to proove what he's got on a real car....
Raikkonen......now there's a real young full of potential future wrld champion driver

youre Xactly 20 000 posts ahead of me....hehehe laughing

yerssot
that's the problem, the last image you have of him is his Beneton which always broke down!

Dexx
naah...i have an immage of him at renault too...it's the 4th team. He's better than the first pilot Trulli.....but still the 4 th team

He-Man
Yeah sure, I meant that after season 99 everythings been pretty boring. No big competition about the first position. Schumacher always wins and that's not good. This season and the last have been the worst ones I remember.

Let's hope McLaren and Williams get their cars working for the next year.

yerssot
yeah, really hope they can get it togather, actually, the last sessions with five poles for Montoya looked great!

Dexx
i don't want poles for McLaren....i want 1st and 2nd place in races....
ok, 3rd too but that's it

yerssot
well, the better you are in quali the better starting position you have... well, not always!

Dexx
look at montoya's pole at montecarlo...he was outrunned by Coulthard in the first 2 secconds and that's how it staid...probably 'cause u don't have many places for engagements.
Anyway...best race this season

yerssot
isn't the pole on the right side of the track?

He-Man
If you are talking about Monaco yerss, it's on the left side.

yerssot
sorry, kinda forgot, first turn is to the right though...

He-Man
Yes, it is.

yerssot
I really have to check the tracks again *sigh*

Dexx
naah...it's not that....maybe Montoya had a minor problem at the start....cause it was clear that coulthard went like an arrow near him

yerssot
what's the best F1 moment you ever saw?

Mine is Hakinnen vs Schumi and they were driving side by side, and another car was in front of them and they just took each a side of the road and passed the other one...
great driving!

Dexx
my best moment in F1 was ....i think last season...or the other one , when schumy's wheel just took off besides him. I laughed all day....
Schummy vs Hakkinen moments are great too...
I want Hakkinen back...

He-Man
In Spa, 2000, wasn't it?
That was great.

yerssot
and I was next to the starting grid, across the williams box, looking on the big screen at the moment big grin

ferrari and mercedes are next to eachother there and both crew gave eachother a hand after that maneuvre

He-Man

yerssot
*homer simpsons voice*
hehehe, .... finish...

Dexx
hmm....nice reccording

Dexx
so...'dya see the last race?

yerssot
yup, definitly!

Dexx
i woke up late...i just got the last two laps.....seems enough mad

yerssot
missed a few things

Dexx
list'em...i'm partial on knowing how did Raikkonen go out and how did Coulthard get 1 lap behind mad

yerssot
Raikonnen flat tired, nice driving afterwards,
Coulthard dunno anymore, don't remember things that well
guess, just slow

phinney6
I prefer nascar more (Jeff gordan fan since '95)

Tex
Since his wife left him he's been horrible on the track.
So I hear

He-Man

yerssot
it was too late laughing out loud

He-Man
smile

The old Hockenheim was muuuuch better, by the way. It was one of my favourites, right after Monaco, Spa and Monza. The new one is ugly. sad

yerssot
yeah! that was a real kewl track! Lots of speed!
but now... less feeling!

He-Man
Yup, and no more forrest.

yerssot
yeah, that was always kewl speeding through there!
Hope they will reconsider that track!

He-Man
Well, they already BROKE the old part of the track. It's all gone. They ruined everything... mad

yerssot
not entirely though... large parts of it yes, but still a few meters are there...

Dexx
flat tire???...how could that've hapenned?? mad
how...how...flat tire....must get pics....mu...must ggget pics... mad
*blows*

He-Man
Here you go:
http://www.dailyf1.com/en/photos/showphoto.php?id=10207

yerssot
it's ok dexx, with even three tired he rode good

Corran
New track sucks, Schuey is cool.

yerssot
you're right! Twice! Go ralf!

mah
smile go ralf yes

Dexx
3 tires, eh?...well.....we've got plenty of races to show you what we're capable of.
The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places aren't that far from one another.
If Coulthard wins a race and williams and ferrari stay a little behind ( out of points if possible big grin ) he gets 2nd after schumy....

yerssot
yeah, sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
were you a williams fan last season?

Thomas H
congratulation Michael Schumacer, you are the best, still I like Kimi Raikonen and Joan Pablo Montoya!!

Dexx
booo schummy.......hes's not by far the best. The team is. He just has enough experience to drive that car. The team does the rest.'

Thomas H
he is good!

Dexx
no way.....F1's lost a lot of fans 'cause of him. There aren't anymore great shows between pilots. Now, his car and team is good and that's all he needs to always win. We'd learn his true value ( every pilot's value ) if they'd just compete on the same cars. Ofcourse i know that's not possible today.

He-Man
Dexx is right, Schumacher sucks. And everyone can win with the car Ferrari has, even Rubens could but the team won't let him.

mah
schumachers sucks?? total incredible rubbish! his team might be part of the victories, but he's about as far from sucking in racing as possible.
I don't like him much, but he's bloody good at racing.

He-Man
Sorry I didn't make it clear what I meant. I didn't mean he sucks as a driver, I just hate him.

Thomas H
Fot the first time in a while I amnd mah do agree on something!

Dexx
Take Villeneuve, Montoya ,Coulthard, Raikkonen ( in a couple of years ), i'm not even talking about Hakkinen and put'em in the Ferrari car and we can see some show. I'm not sayin' Schummy's not good, but there are better and can't proove themself 'cause of the car.
I admit that McLaren's car is not as competitive as Ferrari's or even Williams now. But it shure wouldn't be the same without Ferrari's technycal advantage

Corran
When Schumacher went to Ferrari they were not doing too well, being such a great driver he has helped them to develop the car to what it is now. When he won his first the world championship with them the first time in years they had won it, I think they were the 3rd best team that year and Schumachers brilliant driving brought the win for them. Barrichello is a good driver and up until this year he has been struggling to be anywhere near as good a Schuey, admittedly there are team orders but even in qualifying schuey nearly always is better, there are no team orders for qualifying. I think people miss the fact the Schumacher is the Best driver out of all the current drivers, people concentrate on the fact that Ferrari have the best car and attribute his success to this, they are wrong.

Dexx
Boo schummy.......the ruinner of F1 shows...

yerssot
I follow the F1 for 10 years now, and I never changed teams, thank you

and what ever you say CARS DO MATTER!
Look at Salo, when he got "called up" for a few races to drive for Ferrari, he was actually in the top 10! And before and after that, he was always around place 18!

Thomas H
hehe, Montoya rocks, he like to take chances, and that makes the F1 a lot more interessting!!!!and exiting!!

yerssot
well, he is capable of treatning mich schumi

Thomas H
getr himin a ferrari, and we havea new world champion!! he loves to take chances and thats waht this spot is about!!

yerssot
I doubt that Ferrari will get a further advantage next seaon

Thomas H
I have always been thinking of a dress that produces cold air, so the drivers want get so hot, what about that idea?hehe

yerssot
you have to be carefull it can't explode or anything

Thomas H
do this idea mean a lot of $ for me or what? hehe

Dexx
i'm sure those costume are pretty complex....what we have to do is stop Montoya drinking all that 7up

yerssot
*patiently waits for tickets to arrive*

He-Man
Top ten? He actually would have won a race if the team wouldn't have told him to let Irvine pass. And after the race in the press conference he said that anyone can win with that car. And now that car is even much better against the others.

yerssot
but people have to admit schumacher IS a good driver, but cars are very important

He-Man
Ofcource. That's why I don't like him. He always wins and that's boring.

yerssot
thanks Eclestone!

Ushgarak
That's silly talk to complain about one driver dominating. I don't see anyone complaining about the Fangio and Clark eras. These things happen from time to time; you should be happy to see a racing legend in his prime.

yerssot
not THAT hard!
anti-spin! wings! shifting gears!

all ring a bell???

Ushgarak
Not sure what you are getting at there...

yerssot
Ferrari made an anti-spin software, prohibited at that moment, as long as the automatic shifting gears and the bigger wings. Just got accepted because Eclestone likes Schumacher!

finti
it is the combination of Schumi being the best driver in the best car, that why he is so superior to the others. Why complain about it, hell give him credit instead.

yerssot
read ANYTHING of my previous reply?

Ushgarak
And again, no-one ever begrudged the fact that Clark was in the fastest car, in the form of the Lotus.

As Finti says, he deserves credit. People are just jealous at his continued success.

yerssot
it's not difficult, Ferrari gets carte blanche of the big head! they can do whatever they want against the rules and they will get free with it

finti
doesnt hide the fact that Schumi is the best, his victorys speak for themselves, christ he is close to 60 wins now. Senna was good too, how good compare to Schumi we never get to know.

yerssot
have I said he was a bad driver?

finti
You make it sounds like Ferrari is fixing things( race winnings)

Ushgarak
You are making out that what he is doing isn't difficult, which is nonsense. You put another driver today in that car, it would do less well. Schumacher IS the best driver. True, if he was in a worse car he would not do as well. But so what?

yerssot
It is still difficult but (forgot the name of the team...yellow, previous team of Ralf, Frentzen,... darn it!), well, that team had a car ready were the driver was the necessary weight, just to show that they can make it too easy...

and finti, ferrari isn't the cleanest team of them all!

Ushgarak
Well, if they put their money where their mouth is and sgart winning things, I'll believe them.

It is jealously, pure and simple.

finti
No cause they are italian big grin It was a bad thing they did when they forced Barichello to let Schumi pass him at the finish line.

yerssot
Barichello showed that order nicely big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>