X-Men vs Ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Ultron has held his own against the Avengers how does he fair against this X-Men team

X-Men
Cyclops
Havok
Rogue
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Gambit
Strong Guy

grey fox
Can Wolverine cut Ultron ?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by grey fox

It's debatable whether or not adamantium claws can cut adamantium armor.

I would say no. Two unbreakable substances, neither is cutting/breaking the other.

Soleran

eek! PPFFFTTTT of course! The claws man the claws adamantium, low level superhuman strngth, Wolverine, of course so.

Secondary Adamantium!

grey fox
Originally posted by Soleran
eek! PPFFFTTTT of course! The claws man the claws adamantium, low level superhuman strngth, Wolverine, of course so.

Secondary Adamantium!

True....

Golem , Is Ultron equipped with Grade A adamantium or Grade B adamantium ?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by golem370
Ultron has held his own against the Avengers how does he fair against this X-Men team

X-Men
Cyclops
Havok
Rogue
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Gambit
Strong Guy

Oooh, I like the addition of Strong Guy to this line-up. That makes things interesting.

I think Havok is the key here. He could super-heat Ultron until he's in the billions of degrees. While this will do no damage to his outside, Ultron's insides (electronics and such) will sizzle and fry.

So, I think the X-men win this.

golem370
Ultron can withstand a 100 megaton atomic bomb

ThePittman

golem370
Ultron has alot of weapons

nimbus006
I think they might be able to take him. Nightcrawler and Wolverine are pretty useless her except maybe as a distraction. One thing that might work is a fast ball special. If enough force is applied from one unbreakable object on another then maybe it can be punctured. If not then Colossus, Rogue, and Strong Guy will have to hold down the fort while Cyclops, Gambit, and Havok find away to super heat or blow ultron up.

Metalmanx
Ultron can withstand a 100 megaton atomic bomb

And how hot is that? In degrees Fahrenheit, please.

And while you're at it, how did the Avengers defeat him?

Metalmanx

golem370
Can they get hoter then a 100 megaton bomb? Alot of weapons http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=220

grey fox
Nightcrawler useless What the f**k?

Lest we forget he could simply grab a chunk of ultron and teleport it off.

golem370
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Ultron

meep-meep

I think the real question is could Ultron turn that hairy pig into a pretzel. In scenarios like this why would you assume Wolverine is the best and only weapon? There are many other people named here that have better powers in order to tango with Ultron.

golem370
No bfr

meep-meep
Nightcrawler useless What the f**k?

Lest we forget he could simply grab a chunk of ultron and teleport it off.

You better be careful. People might assume you mean that he could teleport Wolverine's head off, too.

golem370
Ultron is 535 pounds of Armor and circuits

grey fox
Ultron is 535 pounds of Armor and circuits

....and ?

Weight doesn't impede a teleport.

golem370
But it might Wolverines claws stick out tongue http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/ultron.html

meep-meep
That's why Nightcrawler should be one of the most dangerous mutant in the world. His powers shouldn't be impeded by physical barriers regardless of their strength. I'd say he should able to teleport the robots head off but no way writer would ever do it. Nightcrawler isn't supposed to be the heartless or murderous type. However, in the case of a robot he might make an exception.

grey fox
But it might Wolverines claws stick out tongue http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/ultron.html

No ne cares about Wolverine.

Metalmanx
Can they get hoter then a 100 megaton bomb? Alot of weapons http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=220

No no, I'm trying to ask you how hot a 100 megaton bomb is. I know how hot Havok can go, but I want to hear the temperatures that this 100 megaton bomb reaches.

ThePittman

grey fox
So he either goes....

Sizzle

BOOM

or BAMF-Thunk

ThePittman
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No no, I'm trying to ask you how hot a 100 megaton bomb is. I know how hot Havok can go, but I want to hear the temperatures that this 100 megaton bomb reaches. A typical nuke is between 500 million degrees Fahrenheit or 300 million degrees Celsius at ground zero.

nimbus006
Nightcrawler can not teleport his parts off b/c he is not strong enough to rip the part off then take it with him. He can teleport Ultron away as a whole, but not parts of him b/c first he has to get that part by itself and he is not strong enough to do that. If he tries to do that he'll just teleport both himself and Ultron (as a whole) somewhere alone, and then he is in a world of hurt.

golem370
The one that hit in 1945 had heat ranged from 7200 to 1000

ThePittman

golem370
Of course thats in real life

ThePittman

Metalmanx

Draco69
Teleporting something has nothing to do with strength. Nightcrawler teleported torsos of Sentinels...he's not "strong" enough to do that either, is he?

nimbus006
I dont understand how his teleportation works then. Does he concentrate on something in order to take onnly half of the what he's holding. Because when he teleports a person and he is only holding their arm he doesnt take just their arm he brings them as a whole. So how would he be able to just take the head or arm of something without ripping it off first.

DarkCrawler
Ultron, I believe is currently a solid block made out of Grade A adamantium, and the only way he is moving is with the molecular rearranger inside him.

ThePittman
Originally posted by nimbus006
Dealpool is not made of Adamantium Is Adamantium resistance to teleportation? No it just super strong, if it was all the people that get teleported around with Adamantium would live it behind.

ThePittman
I dont understand how his teleportation works then. Does he concentrate on something in order to take onnly half of the what he's holding. Because when he teleports a person and he is only holding their arm he doesnt take just their arm he brings them as a whole. So how would he be able to just take the head or arm of something without ripping it off first. In order to take the whole or part of something he has to think about what he is taking. He does have size and weight limits as to what he can take with him and the larger/heavier the item or the distance is more of a strain on him.

Metalmanx
I dont understand how his teleportation works then. Does he concentrate on something in order to take onnly half of the what he's holding. Because when he teleports a person and he is only holding their arm he doesnt take just their arm he brings them as a whole. So how would he be able to just take the head or arm of something without ripping it off first.

It's a mental thing. He just thinks about what he wants to teleport. That's why he doesn't teleport the ground with him when he teleports. It's really as simple as that. Whatever he wants to bring with him, he does.

nimbus006
Okay what i want to know is, how does he take only a part of something without physically removing it from the whole body first? If his head is attached to his body wouldn't the entire person be teleported? I guess he just concentrates on that single part then takes just that, pretty stupid, then again it is a comic.

nimbus006
It's a mental thing. He just thinks about what he wants to teleport. That's why he doesn't teleport the ground with him when he teleports. It's really as simple as that. Whatever he wants to bring with him, he does.

yea i guess, but the ground is not attached to him. He can remove himself from the ground physically like when you jump, but i understand what you mean.

golem370
So who wins? I agree with the heat theory I doubt Havok could reach that much heat I thought he could maybe match Human Torches heat 1,000,000 degrees

nimbus006
I always thought there was a limit to nightcrawlers ability to teleport other objects. If he can teleport anything he wants then shouldn't he be one of the most powerful earth heroes in marvel.

ThePittman
Most of the teleports that I have see throughout comics could do the same tri

Draco69
So who wins? I agree with the heat theory I doubt Havok could reach that much heat I thought he could maybe match Human Torches heat 1,000,000 degrees

Havok can get as hot as the sun...

nimbus006
So teleporters can just teleport people's heads off at their will, save speedsters b.c they can't react fast enough. Does anyone know how long it would take him after he already is on top of someone to teleport that part of the body? Because Ultron could probably react fast enough to launch Nightcrawler off of him or maybe blast him before he gets a chance to teleport his head. Oh sorry, and 1 more question. Can Nightcrawler Teleport Juggernauts head off or lets say someone like the Hulk?

golem370
But is it enough to melt him?

golem370
Encepahlo beam he could use that on Nightcrawler. attacking his mind or K.O him.

ThePittman

golem370
But The Hulk could heal from that though

meep-meep
Okay what i want to know is, how does he take only a part of something without physically removing it from the whole body first? If his head is attached to his body wouldn't the entire person be teleported? I guess he just concentrates on that single part then takes just that, pretty stupid, then again it is a comic.

It's not more stupid than Hulk being able to lift a mountain or a Cyclpos shooting concusize blasts from his eyes, destroying mountains and not having his head pop clean off.

But it seems Nightcralers teleportation power has a lot to do with maybe a telekinetic attribute or something. Interesting.

meep-meep
So teleporters can just teleport people's heads off at their will, save speedsters b.c they can't react fast enough. Does anyone know how long it would take him after he already is on top of someone to teleport that part of the body? Because Ultron could probably react fast enough to launch Nightcrawler off of him or maybe blast him before he gets a chance to teleport his head. Oh sorry, and 1 more question. Can Nightcrawler Teleport Juggernauts head off or lets say someone like the Hulk?

He should be able to but I highly doubt writers are prepared to give nightcraler a feat like that. I'd say you put nightcralwler on any team with a powerful psychic and they'd be probably the most dangerous duo in the world.

meep-meep
But The Hulk could heal from that though

He might. I think I've heard somewhere Hulk has regenrated a head before but I don't know for sure.

This is off topic but, to Pittman, do you think NC could teleport Classic juggernauts head off with the aid of someone like Dr. Strange?

golem370
Scroll down and look that the Healing feats for the Hulk http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=354306&highlight=Respect+Hulk

meep-meep
Def. impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he could grow back a head but unless I missed it I still doesn't appear that he ever has done it before. Hulk definitely has the best healing factor of them all...minus lobo.

ThePittman
Originally posted by meep-meep
He might. I think I've heard somewhere Hulk has regenrated a head before but I don't know for sure.

This is off topic but, to Pittman, do you think NC could teleport Classic juggernauts head off with the aid of someone like Dr. Strange? If Strange could drop the sheilding and magic healing then yes.

Metalmanx

Nightcrawler did it in AOA. He teleported Deadpool's head right off. He didn't rip it off first or anything. He just mentally decided he wanted to take only his head, and well, he did. And that's how his powers work. That's why he doesnt' take the ground with him when he teleports and why he can teleport only whatever he wants to teleport.

Metalmanx

No no no. Havok FAR exceeds Human Torch's heat. Havok's super-heated plasma easily reaches temperatures of over 1,000,000,000 degrees F. The reason it doesn't destroy everything is because he is usually focusing it in a beam of sorts to hit his target. AND, even then he hardly ever produces plasma of that intensity for fear of damaging everything else around him. But given this opponent, Havok could easily superheat Ultron until his circuits fry. Havok pretty much wins this for his team. The others are just there for distractions.

meep-meep
1 billion degrees?! What's stopping him from anything?

Metalmanx

Almost instantly. Nightcrawler is pretty much the master of teleportation. As well as being pretty much the fastest one as well. He can teleport and hit over a dozen enemies before the first one hits the ground.

You know those cameras that have high shutter-speeds? Like the ones you see at sporting events, that just keep rapidly taking pictures insanely fast? It's pretty much like that.

If he can teleport Ultron's head, he could easily do it faster than Ultron could react (unless Ultron has Flash-reflexes that I don't know of).

No, NC could not teleport Juggernaut's head because of the mystical enchantment that surrounds Juggy. He simply can't be damaged like that. The Hulk? I think so. It'd be hard and a strain on NC, since Hulk is so very dense, but he could do it.

golem370
I would have to see the feat before I believe it plus even if he could we would disintegrate his teammates in the process.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by meep-meep
1 billion degrees?! What's stopping him from anything?

He still has human reflexes, durability, and doubts. And he hesitates ALL THE TIME. Plus, sometimes there are enemies that are just plain not affected by heat. Or ones that can produce their own shield to block said heat, ie: Magneto, Jean, etc.

Metalmanx
I would have to see the feat before I believe it plus even if he could we would disintegrate his teammates in the process.

That's why I said he doesn't do it. I took the liberty of researching super-heated plasma a few weeks ago and discovered that it can easily reach temperatures of over 1,000,000,000 degrees F.

Since this is a purely hypothetical thread, he's allowed to do whatever it takes to defeat his opponent.

golem370
Nightcrawler is not that fast they say that when he teleports it leaves a smell similar to phosphorus. Ultrons powers Superhuman Strength and speed, invulnerability (when body composed of adamantium), flight, energy blasts, {force fields}, hypnosis, genius-level intellect

ThePittman

ThePittman
That's why I said he doesn't do it. I took the liberty of researching super-heated plasma a few weeks ago and discovered that it can easily reach temperatures of over 1,000,000,000 degrees F.

Since this is a purely hypothetical thread, he's allowed to do whatever it takes to defeat his opponent. The record is 3.6 billion, and that was just a few atoms.

grey fox
Nightcrawler is not that fast they say that when he teleports it leaves a smell similar to phosphorus. Ultrons powers Superhuman Strength and speed, invulnerability (when body composed of adamantium), flight, energy blasts, {force fields}, hypnosis, genius-level intellect

Golem , why is it when you try to retaliate against someone it ends up with you bringing up a irrelevant fact and the characters powers ?

golem370
Because he has a force field that might protect him from Havok's blast or Nightcrawler teleporting his head off see how it's kind of underlined.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ThePittman
The record is 3.6 billion, and that was just a few atoms.

Yea. I know. That was the info I found as well.

But Havok is a made up, fictional character that utilizes real-life science. So, since that's the hottest we've come up, here's a comic character that does this as his power. He can produce our hottest. Which means Ultron is toast.

golem370
Maybe that not for sure who knows what kind of heat it would take to melt him

nimbus006
Almost instantly. Nightcrawler is pretty much the master of teleportation. As well as being pretty much the fastest one as well. He can teleport and hit over a dozen enemies before the first one hits the ground.

You know those cameras that have high shutter-speeds? Like the ones you see at sporting events, that just keep rapidly taking pictures insanely fast? It's pretty much like that.

If he can teleport Ultron's head, he could easily do it faster than Ultron could react (unless Ultron has Flash-reflexes that I don't know of).

No, NC could not teleport Juggernaut's head because of the mystical enchantment that surrounds Juggy. He simply can't be damaged like that. The Hulk? I think so. It'd be hard and a strain on NC, since Hulk is so very dense, but he could do it.

You just said b/c he is so very dense, isnt that contradicting everything you guys have been saying about his teleporation powers have nothing to do with strength that its mental and if he thinks it its done. Thats exaclt the point ive been trying to get at. There has to be a limit to his teleporation abilities. He cant Teleport a building right, he cant teleport a Cruise liner, so with that logic then it has to have something to with weight, or strength or something becuase if it was just mental then he could do it to anything.

ThePittman
You just said b/c he is so very dense, isnt that contradicting everything you guys have been saying about his teleporation powers have nothing to do with strength that its mental and if he thinks it its done. Well I never said the density of the object made a difference only the size and weight of the object and as far as I know it has never made a difference in the type of material.

nimbus006
No i was making reference to Metalmax's statement, but yea so your saying that weight and size do make a difference?

ThePittman

Metalmanx
You just said b/c he is so very dense, isnt that contradicting everything you guys have been saying about his teleporation powers have nothing to do with strength that its mental and if he thinks it its done. Thats exaclt the point ive been trying to get at. There has to be a limit to his teleporation abilities. He cant Teleport a building right, he cant teleport a Cruise liner, so with that logic then it has to have something to with weight, or strength or something becuase if it was just mental then he could do it to anything.

No no, you're right. I apologize for not adding that sooner, I felt that it was implied honestly. Of course there is a limit to his teleporting. He can only take so much, and enough mass would definitely be a strain on him. But, if it wasn't TOO dense or large, he could do it.

Example: Deadpool's head wasn't TOO dense nor too large. So he did it.

ThePittman
Example: Deadpool's head wasn't TOO dense nor too large. So he did it. What do you mean DP head is not "dense". laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.