Body switching

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladytiger
Has anyone here ever wanted to switch bodies with someone else? If so, do you have any theories of how to do it?

Nazgulinthedark
I'm not sure I understand your question...like being a transvestite?

ladytiger
no i mean like by means of witchcraft

Nazgulinthedark
blink I'm not familiar with that sort of stuff.

A.J
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
I'm not sure I understand your question...like being a transvestite? laughing out loud

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by ladytiger
no expression

Imperial_Samura
Not particularly, I kind of like the body I'm in. Lots of stuff in fantasy and sci fi about such concepts, and then there is the far of distant brain transplants, but once again, I am happy to stay put.

debbiejo
^ You like your body???? haha

I have no idea how a person would switch bodies.......I've never heard of that... blink

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
^ You like your body???? haha

I have no idea how a person would switch bodies.......I've never heard of that... blink

Well, I figured that since it's going to be with me for the duration that I would be happy with it.

Well, there are all those stories about, astral projection, things vampires can do, the old crazy scientist thing where he switches people brains and so on. All fiction of course.

A.J
all bollaux then

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well, I figured that since it's going to be with me for the duration that I would be happy with it.

Well, there are all those stories about, astral projection, things vampires can do, the old crazy scientist thing where he switches people brains and so on. All fiction of course. But...but don't you need the other persons permission to switch bodies with you??? confused

You just can't snatch a body can you???

Echuu
But...but don't you need the other persons permission to switch bodies with you??? confused

Well if it's by witchcraft I'm sure it would have to be done by ceremony with the two people present or something. Otherwise I dunno.

Mindship
Honestly, I've wondered at times what it would be like to be in a woman's body...that is, in the nonconventional, spirit-of-this-thread, here-come-the-inevitable-wiseguy-comments sense.

debbiejo
I don't want to be a man............ no

Vinny Valentine
In all, If I wanted to switch bodies with someone, I would have to switch with Tom Cruise due to the fact that he is one of my favorite actors to watch. All his movies are amazing ( The Last Samurai and War of the Worlds ) He's also completely rich.

That's who I'd switch too.

Mindship
I don't want to be a man............ no

I would Not want to Stay a woman, but it would be fun, and enlightening, to see how the other half lives. My guess is, if we all did some life-essence gender-switching, there'd be a lot less animosity, and far more empathy, between the sexes.

A.J
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
In all, If I wanted to switch bodies with someone, I would have to switch with Tom Cruise due to the fact that he is one of my favorite actors to watch. All his movies are amazing ( The Last Samurai and War of the Worlds ) He's also completely rich.

That's who I'd switch too. those films are awesome, in WotW he is just like my dad its creepy

and i dont know who i would be really sad

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
I would Not want to Stay a woman, but it would be fun, and enlightening, to see how the other half lives. My guess is, if we all did some life-essence gender-switching, there'd be a lot less animosity, and far more empathy, between the sexes. That is true.........especially the PMS part...... wink

Mindship
That is true.........especially the PMS part...... wink

confused oh jeez, I forgot about that. Now I may have to rethink my whole position...

debbiejo
confused oh jeez, I forgot about that. Now I may have to rethink my whole position... No, this would be a very good thing.......You will see how we are so full of strength and control that we do not kill you..........haha

Vinny Valentine
Body switching would be a very interesting thing, but it would screw people lives up, so good thing it doesn't happen laughing out loud

Regret
Study transcendental meditation. It would probably offer some ideas on this subject. One issue that might be worth considering is that there are a number of religions that suggest that there are entities that could inhabit your body in the meantime. My own religion would say doing such a thing is evil, and I would have to agree. Even if the religions are wrong, enough people of differing beliefs think that there is something else out there in a spiritual type plane of existence that may cut you off from your body that it is worth caution.

debbiejo
You must be talking about Astro Projection???....When a person is said to leave their own bodies.

Mindship
Regret could also be talking about what is sometimes colloquially referred to as 'psychic attack,' if not outright possession.

As I understand it (and hardly an expert am I), it goes something like this: a human being (ie, the mind) is, in a way, sealed off from the spirit realm. When one starts fiddling around with techniques for opening this seal, one becomes susceptible not just to good forces which reside in that realm, but also nasty ones.

What's interesting about this psychologically is one of the dangers said to be inherent in meditation: a normal human being has ego defense mechanisms operating all the time, cognitive (generally unconscious) structures which block off, say, a traumatic event (eg, being raped as a child, or less intensely, memories of being made fun of when young). These 'undigested experiences' get safely tucked away, and (depending on the severity of the experience and/or how the person reacts to the experience), sometimes become 'complexes.' They become part of the psyche Jungians would call 'the shadow.'

Basically, meditation is a 'destructuring' technique which opens the conscious mind (the 'persona') to the shadow...and this can cause the person to relive the trauma, sometimes not even recognizing it for what it is, in which case that person's religious beliefs may color the relived experience: they may feel beseiged by 'something evil,' certainly something 'outside of themselves.'

Sometimes a person can feel disassociated from their own bodies.

Regret
You must be talking about Astro Projection???....When a person is said to leave their own bodies.

I believe that Astral Projection is an idea based on transcendental meditation. I could be wrong though.

Mindship
'Psychic/astral' powers (referred to as siddhis, for example, in yogic meditation), are to be considered as sign-posts, indicating you're on the right path, but they should not be indulged in. Such indulgence takes one off the path, as one then 'identifies' with these abilities (which don't necessarily have to manifest), and detachment is the whole idea behind meditative progress (ie, disidentifying from figures in the Ground of Consciousness in order to reach the Ground Itself).

debbiejo
True, I think this also works the same way with sleep paralysis......

Mindship
True, I think this also works the same way with sleep paralysis......
Can very well be a potent contributor to the feeling of being 'taken over', absolutin-tootin.

Imperial_Samura
But...but don't you need the other persons permission to switch bodies with you??? confused

Well, depending on which bit if fiction or occult mythology your looking at it can depend - possession, brain switching and all that often lack at least ones parties permision, while softer fantasy will have both parties agreeing and some ceremony.

Then you have more updated versions - like films where two parties say something or do something and they switch bodies - the classic kid switching with an adult, a guy with a girl etc - where neither of the parties actually wanted to but they learn some moral lesson none the less.

Regret
I figure it's all interesting. If you believe in a spirit as a separate entity from your physical form, then I'd assume you would have to believe it is somehow possible.

Personally I think it would probably be akin to what I think Mindship is saying. It's removing yourself from specific aspects of what I would term as control.

STARS Nemesis1
There is a way to body switch(according to my wicca friend) but its not what you think. It is not a true 'body switch' but to get a 'feel' of that person's life. It all has to do with meditation. You study the subject as best as possible and memorize every curve of it's figure. Then you cleanse yourslef with a shower or such. After that, you meditate and slow imagine yourslef becoming that thing. Say if your a guy and wanna switch with a girl, Imagine your hair grow and change into hers. Imagine yourself growing breast and such. Then, if you did it right. You should be able to think and feel like that person. You should have all of their thoughts and everything. It is a very stange expeirence. I have tried it my self and have gotten thoughts from the person i was trying to 'switch' with. It also is a good idea to be experienced in the paranormal and to be very spiritual. Another thing is if you have ever had an incounter with a spirit, it tends to awaken the spirit side of your mind, freeing you to more things.
Again this is from my expereince, my friends, and her friend's.

debbiejo
Seems almost like Telepathy...

tegeen
Anyway, if you're an expert in astral travel then I guess it's one good option..

To whom would you like to switch body anyway? smokin'

STARS Nemesis1
I have no one i really want to switch with. When I first heard it, i didn't believe it. But when, just to amuse my freind, i tried it, i started to get some memory of my friend. When I asked them about it, they told me they had never told anyone about it, yet what i had thought of was true.
Since then, I have not tried it.

grey fox
Bah , all new age bullshit.

Unless it's in fiction , then it's just a cliche used overtly in fanfiction....

cody1777
if i had 2 switch bodies with someone, i know who it would be..
LINDSAY LOHAN!! definately

i have a few reasons.

1) I'd love to know what it's like being a girl.
2) She is hot as hell and really skinny.
3) She has a really, really, nice ass

aclj
I've wanted to switch out my body for Arnold Schwarzeneggars

debbiejo
I really don't think this is possible.

Atlantis001
Well, you can still have a dream in which you are another person. I did.

debbiejo
I dreamt I was a dog once.........I didn't like at all.

It's not nice to hit dogs with brooms......no no no...

cking
I dreamed of myself at the gas pump and it cost over $40 to fill up. it was a nightmare. sad

Atlantis001
I dreamt I was a dog once.........I didn't like at all.

It's not nice to hit dogs with brooms......no no no...

Cool, but I guess I will never know... unless I have a dream like that.

debbiejo
I was a wiener dog..........It was sad..... sad

Regret
Originally posted by cking
I dreamed of myself at the gas pump and it cost over $40 to fill up. it was a nightmare. sad

I thought I dreamed that, but I drive a Durango with a V8...

Austin16442
There is one way to switch bodies. I know because me and my uncle swaped bodies, it is a permanent switch, you are stuck in that body forever. We were having a conversation the other night about how he hated being a adult and how he missed being a kid because he has to work for a living, and misses having friends and going to school. I thought all of that stuff is great so we switched bodies now I am 23 and he is12!!! We love our new bodies. This spell only works on boys, you grab eachothers balls, say these magic words " Powers of the earth hear my call what mine is yours what yours is mine you become me switch it all", then you a take a shower together, then you put on each others cloths and go to sleep together wake up the next morning and bam your in your new body for life, you must want to be in this body forever though, BEWARE THERE ARE NO SWITCHING BACK!!!! smile

immaturerainbow
Originally posted by cking

Haha! It cost me 25 to get a quarter tank, that sounds heavenly!!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Austin16442
There is one way to switch bodies. I know because me and my uncle swaped bodies, it is a permanent switch, you are stuck in that body forever. We were having a conversation the other night about how he hated being a adult and how he missed being a kid because he has to work for a living, and misses having friends and going to school. I thought all of that stuff is great so we switched bodies now I am 23 and he is12!!! We love our new bodies. This spell only works on boys, you grab eachothers balls, say these magic words " Powers of the earth hear my call what mine is yours what yours is mine you become me switch it all", then you a take a shower together, then you put on each others cloths and go to sleep together wake up the next morning and bam your in your new body for life, you must want to be in this body forever though, BEWARE THERE ARE NO SWITCHING BACK!!!! smile

laughing laughing laughing

I'm convinced! lol

alltoomany
Heaven can wait- it is a movie

The Dark Cloud
Honestly, I've wondered at times what it would be like to be in a woman's body...that is, in the nonconventional, spirit-of-this-thread, here-come-the-inevitable-wiseguy-comments sense.

Ditto

Robtard
Originally posted by alltoomany
Heaven can wait- it is a movie

Not sure there was any grabbing of testicles and pedo-like behavior in that film. Been a long time since I've seen it though.

butcher
Yeah it'd be cool... but my body is too awesome to give away.

siriuswriter
There are lots of things I like about myself, like my hair, my eyes, but if I could have a potion the would make me look like the best ME i could be, I'd like that. And, you know have a clause about not needing to exercise or be careful about what I eat.... then I'd still be me and not have to bother with the whole ethical problems that come with involving someone else in the process.

ADarksideJedi

Look online for info on that.As for myself I don't beileve in that at all it does not seem even possible. smile

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Look online for info on that.As for myself I don't beileve in that at all it does not seem even possible. smile

Why not?

ADarksideJedi
Because it is something that is all in that person's head.If you believe hard enough that you can do something like that.Then you do it but it does not really happen.Its your mind playing tricks on you.

lahunken
After Googling "Body Switching", I came up with your forum. I have body switched into thousands of different bodies. Actually it is my entity that possesses each body, while the original entity is still in its body. Go to the Yahoo group "alchemy61" to read my posts about it, for, being a new member, they wont let me cut and past my writings in here yet.

lahunken
If you want to read my full post, "Body Switching", put "Body Switching" into the search slot of Yahoo group "alchemy61". It's right on the first page there now. I just put it there. Also, all the unknowns of the universe are revealed there.

rudester
yes you will need a goat
cus you always need a goat.
You will need candles but not just any candles, black wick candles.
It has to be the night of a full moon in order for this to work
And right at midnight
you will need a personal possession of the person you wish to transfer bodies from...

You must say these lines...

Let my Ba- soul come forth to walk about hither and thither and whithersoever it pleaseth. Let my name be called out, let it be found inscribed on the tablet which recordeth the names of those who are to receive offerings. Let meals from the sepulchral offerings be given to me in the presence , as to those who are in the following of Horus. Let there be prepared for me a seat in the Boat of the Sun on the day wheron the god saileth. Let me be received in the presence of Osiris in the Land of Truth-speaking- the Ka of Osiris Ani.

theres more but I cant say the rest here...its top secret.

rudester
Originally posted by butcher
Yeah it'd be cool... but my body is too awesome to give away.

Your setting yourself up for a joke please stop....lol

Digi
Originally posted by lahunken
Also, all the unknowns of the universe are revealed there.

Seems legit.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lahunken
After Googling "Body Switching", I came up with your forum. I have body switched into thousands of different bodies. Actually it is my entity that possesses each body, while the original entity is still in its body. Go to the Yahoo group "alchemy61" to read my posts about it, for, being a new member, they wont let me cut and past my writings in here yet.

I get a new body every time I die.

rudester
lol

ADarksideJedi
None at all but it would not suprise me if the Goverment knows.

Shakyamunison
None at all but it would not suprise me if the Goverment knows.

I hope you realize the now the government knows you know. eek! wink

ADarksideJedi
I doubt if you c an really do someting like that. You can say you did but in real life that does not happen. If it woiuld however I would switch it with my annoying co-worker so I can get her fired.

Shakyamunison
I doubt if you c an really do someting like that. You can say you did but in real life that does not happen. If it woiuld however I would switch it with my annoying co-worker so I can get her fired.

That is so bad. eek! Why not make your co-worker's life better, so she will not bug you so much. wink

rudester
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I hope you realize the now the government knows you know. eek! wink

Haven't you heard of projectx?? The government keeps profiles on everyone.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by rudester
Haven't you heard of projectx?? The government keeps profiles on everyone.

What a waist of money.

alltoomany
I would Not want to Stay a woman, but it would be fun, and enlightening, to see how the other half lives. My guess is, if we all did some life-essence gender-switching, there'd be a lot less animosity, and far more empathy, between the sexes.

100% agree!

SamZED
I wouldnt mind to experience chicks orgasm. But then switch me back please.

Digi
This thread is such unintentional comedy

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
In Soviet Russia, homo nos you.

dadudemon

Lol!

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I get a new body every time I die.

I always imagine that we die each and every instance and are simply put back together after the universe ceases to exist, while low the odds of such consecutive instances occurring is not impossible. Between instances an etnernity may pass.

En Sabah Nur X

why switch back, you could always have the body as a remotely controlled pet robot body after you enjoy it, and autmatically switch between multiple bodies

Bouboumaster
I'd switch with any president of USA. I'd rule this contry in a good way cool
Conservative people wouldn't like it at first, but at the end, it would be awesome.

Also, with whoever is ****ing Nathalie Portman right now.

Lord Lucien
Good choice.

xclusiveyachts
Its a really interesting question my dear friend. To switch body with any other person its really tough answer to give. I would like go switch my body with healthy and fit person.

Dustman34
There is only one possible way I know of to accomplish this task without involving the supernatural. Many intelligent people believe that the singularity is near our lifetime. This is when Humans will be able to download their mind into a computer and essentially live forever. It would stand to reason that if something that sophisticated to happen then the reverse is possible. This could mean that any mind could "download" to any other body. Of course, this wont happen anytime soon and I have my doubts that I will be alive to witness it.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Dustman34
There is only one possible way I know of to accomplish this task without involving the supernatural. Many intelligent people believe that the singularity is near our lifetime. This is when Humans will be able to download their mind into a computer and essentially live forever. It would stand to reason that if something that sophisticated to happen then the reverse is possible. This could mean that any mind could "download" to any other body. Of course, this wont happen anytime soon and I have my doubts that I will be alive to witness it. I'm looking forward to this "Smithpocalypse".

http://www.freewebs.com/inmyplace_adventures/images/smithclones.jpg

I'm gonna be that one on the left.

marwash22
This actually happened to me and dad a while back. We were at a Chinese food restaurant having an argument (i don't even remember what it was about), and this shifty looking old chick gave us a fortune cookie... the next morning we woke up and our minds were swapped. We ended up switching back a few days later after learning some kinda life lesson or some shit like that, but those few days of trying to not have sex with my mom were rough.

True story. weird shit, huh?!

SamZED
HOLLY SH1T DUDE! Someone should make a movie about that some day!

Ascendancy
uvRBUw_Ls2o

Dolos
Has anyone here ever wanted to switch bodies with someone else? If so, do you have any theories of how to do it?

Yes, I would reel in the ladies with the body of a more genetically endowed dude.

First, I'd need the DNA, then I'd need to regrow him to whatever age I wanna be again. Then, I digitally and telepatheically wire the clone's brain to a Matrix System, as well as my own, and inter his brain cybernetically, becoming him. I lose control of my own body and gain control of his. His brain and my brain will not know they are separate, his body is my avatar.

the ninjak
Originally posted by marwash22
This actually happened to me and dad a while back. We were at a Chinese food restaurant having an argument (i don't even remember what it was about), and this shifty looking old chick gave us a fortune cookie... the next morning we woke up and our minds were swapped. We ended up switching back a few days later after learning some kinda life lesson or some shit like that, but those few days of trying to not have sex with my mom were rough.

Never pictured you as a tripper....an Oedipus one at that.

HOLLY SH1T DUDE! Someone should make a movie about that some day!

Hollywood has made many. Many.

-Back to the Future.
-The Change-up.
-Freaky Friday.
-Like Father Like Son.

To name of few. But Back to the Future takes the cake. Marty questioned screwing his mom.

Dolos
Originally posted by the ninjak
Never pictured you as a tripper....an Oedipus one at that.

Hollywood has made many. Many.

-Back to the Future.
-The Change-up.
-Freaky Friday.
-Like Father Like Son.

To name of few. But Back to the Future takes the cake. Marty questioned screwing his mom.

Don't forget Avatar.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Dolos
Don't forget Avatar.

Oedipus to a degree. Yes.

A man who took his species technology to enter a foreign culture. And found peace yet rebelled against his forefathers to embrace the new one.

He used his own culture to enter the new species to find enlightenment and ended up defying the prior and finding more than he would've received if he sided with his forefathers.

Nice choice.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by the ninjak

in Marty's defense as soon as he discovered it was his mom not only was he completely disgusted by the thought of it but it was in fact his mother who wanted him.

Mindship
Don't forget Avatar. Nor the original series Star Trek episode, "Turnabout Intruder"...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100630170357/memoryalpha/en/images/4/46/Life-energy_transfer-Camus_II.jpg
http://www.theviewscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/turnaboutintruder1-300x227.jpg
http://www.davidmack.pro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/0324_P_large.jpg

As the last episode of the series, it was quite the showcase for Shatner.

Dolos
Nor the original series Star Trek episode, "Turnabout Intruder"...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100630170357/memoryalpha/en/images/4/46/Life-energy_transfer-Camus_II.jpg
http://www.theviewscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/turnaboutintruder1-300x227.jpg
http://www.davidmack.pro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/0324_P_large.jpg

As the last episode of the series, it was quite the showcase for Shatner.

Errday I'd awake and spend the first few minutes of my morning staring at breasts.

Darth Jello

1. Brain Transplant without rejection into another person.

2. If Orch-OR is proven correct, remove someone's brain, replace it with a perfect clone of your own brain down to the quantum level, then either kill yourself or put yourself in a medicated coma.

Dolos
Originally posted by Darth Jello
1. Brain Transplant without rejection into another person.

2. If Orch-OR is proven correct, remove someone's brain, replace it with a perfect clone of your own brain down to the quantum level, then either kill yourself or put yourself in a medicated coma.

The quantum level?

Beyond the cellular level your brain structure is just like anyone else's. The molecules are even the same. Every creature on earth shares a simple carbon based structure.

What if your brain doesn't fit the body you want? That's why I chose the avatar method, combining brain-swapping with the Matrix plug-in.

This way you don't have a dead body laying around.

Oliver North
Beyond the cellular level your brain structure is just like anyone else's.

no...

there are ion-channel differences in all people, differences in transmitter production/receptors, etc. density of receptors on dendritic spines are developed via experience and would be unique for all individuals.

Robtard

So you're telling us you've touched your dad's peen.

Dolos
Originally posted by Oliver North
no...

there are ion-channel differences in all people, differences in transmitter production/receptors, etc. density of receptors on dendritic spines are developed via experience and would be unique for all individuals.

Oh but you agree that beyond the molecular level all brains are the same.

**** you and your ****ing expertise in the matter. I hate it when I am out smarted.

You just made my shit list. mad

Dolos
The way he corrected me was so ignorant, his demeaning tone. I know you had it out for me. I will not forget this. I will correct every spelling error, every bit of false information, until you cry about how much more knowledge I hold than you.

Oliver North
Oh but you agree that beyond the molecular level all brains are the same.

only in the way that on the molecular level all things are made of a limited number of chemical elements, sure

the molecular structure of neurons would not only differ person to person, but in fact, neuron to neuron within individuals

Dolos
I understand you hold information sensitive to national and even global security.

I am interested in accessing the global defense network, specifically in activating all of America's nuclear arms upon their targets.

Could ya help a brotha out?

Robtard
Originally posted by Oliver North

the molecular structure of neurons would not only differ person to person, but in fact, neuron to neuron within individuals

I heard it's still all pink on the inside.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
So you're telling us you've touched your dad's peen. yes, but that completely unrelated to this incident.

Robtard
yes, but that completely unrelated to this incident.

The topic wasn't pussy?

marwash22
no, you boob, i touched his peen long before the switch happened.

Stop being a homo.

Robtard
Ah, my error I thought you were responding to my last post. Not about you grabbing your dad's fun bag.

marwash22
you thought i was talking about... vagina?

it's like you don't even know me anymore!

Robtard
Who exactly are you again? One of the black guys from the Comic Vs forum, right?

marwash22
All the time you spent with my balls in your mouth and you're saying I'm not memorable?

that's messed up, Rob. erm

Robtard
Ah, that Asian kid then.

marwash22
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lga7da8hzU1qdufy3.gif

Robtard
Don't bring Han Solo into this.

Mindship
Errday I'd awake and spend the first few minutes of my morning staring at breasts. I would think that men would spend a lot more time checking out their new female body, than women would be with their new male body.

Yurika
Interesting replies

JackPullins
A body swap is a storytelling device seen in a variety of fiction, most often in television shows and movies, in which two people (or beings) exchange minds and end up in each other's bodies. Alternatively, their minds may stay where they are as their bodies adjust. The two people usually keep their voices in cartoons, for purposes of knowing who is who.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.