The Star Wars Episode III - All good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
As the best prequal we have to live with, is the best one only cause we know the whole story. Certain things I want to point out..

1. Why did EP III seem give a different feeling than the other movies? Meaning, why did I feel different at the beginning of the movie? or why did I nearly cry when order 66 went out, as Yoda dropped his stick? Or even the feeling of Anakin killing younglings? This movie is so obviously different than the other movies. As we all are so brainwashed and think its a good brainwash, cause we think star wars is more than just a good vs evil. Does this star wars brainwashing scheme affect your life. I bet it does cause you think you have the proper ideals in life from knowing what Lucas told you. It works cause of the things that go on in this world. Anyway...I'll continue later...

Sith Master X
I think Episode II and III feel really alike. The odd ball one is TPM. I love all 3 of them though, that's just my view on things.

JediRobin23
III was not II, in my opinion...

II was better than I of course

aj_vader
i think that Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith work together well, but I do prefer Revenge Of The Sith by far. The Phantom Menace is kind of the odd one out and i feel that Phantom Menace unfortunaltey had the weakest plot, but by far one of the best villians smile

Rampant ox
Originally posted by aj_vader
but by far one of the best villians smile

Count Dooku is the best villan. no expression

steverules
I liked Maul better, but Dooku would've kicked Maul's ass. It depends wat u mean when u say 'The best villain.'

Council#13
Originally posted by JediRobin23
As the best prequal we have to live with, is the best one only cause we know the whole story. Certain things I want to point out..

1. Why did EP III seem give a different feeling than the other movies? Meaning, why did I feel different at the beginning of the movie? or why did I nearly cry when order 66 went out, as Yoda dropped his stick? Or even the feeling of Anakin killing younglings? This movie is so obviously different than the other movies. As we all are so brainwashed and think its a good brainwash, cause we think star wars is more than just a good vs evil. Does this star wars brainwashing scheme affect your life. I bet it does cause you think you have the proper ideals in life from knowing what Lucas told you. It works cause of the things that go on in this world. Anyway...I'll continue later...

Feels weird because it's a lot more sad than the other movies (all the Jedi die) and there are so many duels, and has by far the best special effects with the beginning space battl.e no expression

lotrtres3414
my favorite is definitely the III one!! it is just sooooo good. i love when they fight at the end! it is soo cool!

EPIIIBITES
It felt weird to me because it's Lucas trying to do drama...something he simply can't do well as a filmaker...he should've just stuck to making a fluffy, shallow, plotless, overglossed, visually driven film with cool action, fx, and all that stuff in it like the first 2 prequels...it's what he's best at and what I'd enjoy a lot more.

'Cause really, after 2 films full of new characters and storylines that NOBODY (except maybe fanboys) cares about, why bother making a drama...the story of Anakin going to the darkside could have been told and still have been an amzing action picture, instead it was a painful excercise in having sub-par dramatic actors and storytellers trying to do drama....and that's the bottom line Star Wars fans.

This prequel trilogy was a disaster.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
It felt weird to me because it's Lucas trying to do drama...something he simply can't do well as a filmaker...he should've just stuck to making a fluffy, shallow, plotless, overglossed, visually driven film with cool action, fx, and all that stuff in it like the first 2 prequels...it's what he's best at and what I'd enjoy a lot more.

'Cause really, after 2 films full of new characters and storylines that NOBODY (except maybe fanboys) cares about, why bother making a drama...the story of Anakin going to the darkside could have been told and still have been an amzing action picture, instead it was a painful excercise in having sub-par dramatic actors and storytellers trying to do drama....and that's the bottom line Star Wars fans.

This prequel trilogy was a disaster.

Sub-par? I think people didn't like Hayden as Anakin because the way Ani appeared in 1-3 wasn't what they hoped he would have been. We all know Vader: cold, ruthless, strong, powerful, and heartless. So many thought Anakin would be this powerful Jedi that lets his lightsaber do the talking. But Anakin came as...hmm, what's a way to put it: an adverage teenager. Emotional and confused that complains when things really didn't go his way and he always felt people were trying to hold him down. Many were upset about how Anakin turned out because of this but it really shows what happens when one falls to the dark side.

They lose themselves and fall into utter darkness. Forever controlled by the dark side. The way Old Ben was in 1-3 was just liked I pictured he would expect him complaining about flying. You never heard him say that on the Falcon.

Padme in Episode I was a serious queen that was all serious but with Episode II and III she appeared to be more or less emotionally unstable (mainly with II).

Count Dooku and Darth Maul fit their roles perfectly.

Many people thought that Palpatine used his brute force to create the Galactic Empire instead of hiding and using pawns to bring the Republic down. Most people thought he would storm the Jedi Temple himself and kill everyone so some didn't like how Palpatine was like in I, II, and III but overall he was a great character.

C3PO and R2-D2 had very small roles compared to the OT.

Jar Jar Binks was made to make Episode I more child friendly because after all Lucas did make Star Wars for two reasons:

1.) For the Sci-fi Fans
2.) For the children

He even says that in the OT DVD set.

Akira99
When I first saw ROTS in the cinema I really founbd myself enjoying it a lot. However after I watched it a few times I felt nearly the same as I did after AOTC. It was an impressive movie in that it was very technologically advanced i.e. the flashy lightsaber duels and the graphics. However thats just about it.
My main problem was that like the other prequels the acting was less than moderate quality. They mixed inexperienced actors like Hayden Christensen who are better in other movies of a specific genre with tier 1 decorated actors like Christopher Lee and Ian McDiarmid who are very experienced and talented and versatile. The script was also predictable and corny as I am sure many people have noticed and can quote from memory.
ROTS didn't have the same level of cheesyness as did AOTC but it was still there. The atmosphere throughout the film generated by the droids and aliens and characters like General Grievous and Padme to an extent is indescribable in a bad way. All I know is that it made me cringe and remember that Star Wars is geared towards children as a whole when people don't really notice the cheesyness and bad acting.
There were too many cringe moments in AOTC and TPM to count but in ROTS I am talking about the HORRIBLE whiny voices of the droids on the Invisible Hand. And when Palpatine goes from a man of dignity and unshakable class to a fat ugly old hag - the giggling during teh Yoda versus Palps psychic battle where hes throwing pods at him. And when Vader and Kenobi are dueling - that annoying wee droid that passes by in lava and when Vader is about to make that deciding leap and you see him side on on that floater after Kenobi jumps to mountain. Things like that RUIN ROTS for me. They really do.
When I first saw it I gave it 8/10 but now 5/10. No match for OT which I feel the prequels have broken in my mind

Tangible God
Originally posted by Akira99
When I first saw ROTS in the cinema I really founbd myself enjoying it a lot. However after I watched it a few times I felt nearly the same as I did after AOTC. It was an impressive movie in that it was very technologically advanced i.e. the flashy lightsaber duels and the graphics. However thats just about it.
My main problem was that like the other prequels the acting was less than moderate quality. They mixed inexperienced actors like Hayden Christensen who are better in other movies of a specific genre with tier 1 decorated actors like Christopher Lee and Ian McDiarmid who are very experienced and talented and versatile. The script was also predictable and corny as I am sure many people have noticed and can quote from memory.
ROTS didn't have the same level of cheesyness as did AOTC but it was still there. The atmosphere throughout the film generated by the droids and aliens and characters like General Grievous and Padme to an extent is indescribable in a bad way. All I know is that it made me cringe and remember that Star Wars is geared towards children as a whole when people don't really notice the cheesyness and bad acting.
There were too many cringe moments in AOTC and TPM to count but in ROTS I am talking about the HORRIBLE whiny voices of the droids on the Invisible Hand. And when Palpatine goes from a man of dignity and unshakable class to a fat ugly old hag - the giggling during teh Yoda versus Palps psychic battle where hes throwing pods at him. And when Vader and Kenobi are dueling - that annoying wee droid that passes by in lava and when Vader is about to make that deciding leap and you see him side on on that floater after Kenobi jumps to mountain. Things like that RUIN ROTS for me. They really do.
When I first saw it I gave it 8/10 but now 5/10. No match for OT which I feel the prequels have broken in my mind Spot on 'ol boy.

Barker
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Count Dooku is the best villan. no expression
no expression

PVS
i think someday, a long time from now we're all going to have to confront the realisation that the entire prequel, with exception to a couple of redeeming actors....blew. im not ready, as im sure you're all not....but sooner or later we have to

J.M FcThumbs-Up
If they were a little more serious they could've done quite good.
Anakin should have been somewhat older by Ep1 and been a more serious and steadfast young man during ep2 and 3.
In which he shares a bond unbreakable with Obi-Wan, not some Laurel&Hardy kinda slapstick as they made their friendship.
It would have made his fall far more painfull!!!!!

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
i think someday, a long time from now we're all going to have to confront the realisation that the entire prequel, with exception to a couple of redeeming actors....blew. im not ready, as im sure you're all not....but sooner or later we have to

They definitely wont go down as a piece of cinematic history the way the OT did.

JediJim
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
They definitely wont go down as a piece of cinematic history the way the OT did.

This is definitely true but I feel the PT still has its place.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Akira99
When I first saw it I gave it 8/10 but now 5/10. No match for OT which I feel the prequels have broken in my mind

The prequals did have there weak points with the acting and cornyness with droids, I agree. But because it was star wars, I gave it a huge chance. I cant say I was disappointed because its star wars. I really knew before Ep I and II came out, that Ep III was going to be the best one, just cause it was going to be the last. When I first saw Ep I, It wasn't what I expected, and was possibly dissapointed that I will never fully admit. Ep II I really enjoyed, cause it still kept me interested on what was going to happen, after the introductory Ep I. Ep III, kept me at the edge on my seat the whole time in the theatre....

PVS
they didnt have to be pieces of cimematic history. just adequate and appropriate, which really they were not. without ian mcdiarmid and ewan mcgregor, it would have been a complete waste of time. no disrespect to the other actors, but they just were given nothing but dry shit dialogue to work with. so its not like i'm of the "blame hayden" camp. im with the "blame lucas for waiting 16 frikin years to get back to it and begin finishing the story" camp. he lost touch with his own universe by being a frikin sloth for so long imho.

:edit: forgot to add liam

Sith Master X
Yeah well Lucas is a child at heart. I think he did an amazing job on all 6 movies. The prequels were different, but that's exactly what they were intended to be...different. I'm glad we weren't fed the same stuff that was the OT, otherwise we'd would have been watching the same ol thing again that we'd seen in the 4-6. Lucas introduced new worlds, new characters, something refreshing. Yes it is all packed with CGI, but so what...without it there wouldn't be Star Wars period, at least not with today's standards.

EDIT: What's with everyone trashing ROTS all the sudden? Last I saw alot of us here thought it was pretty good. Unless people are changing their minds now?

Darth Callous
I thought Ewan and Liam's performance in TPM were the best acting jobs in the entire PT.

I thought they completely personified their respective characters: A head strong naive apprentice and his wise and compassionate master.

I didn't like how in AOTC and ROTS, that Obi-Wan became somewhat of a softy. I liked the no-nonse, take-action Obi in TPM.

PVS
Originally posted by Sith Master X
EDIT: What's with everyone trashing ROTS all the sudden? Last I saw alot of us here thought it was pretty good. Unless people are changing their minds now?

denial/hype has subsided.

coolmovies
Its the best out of the PT what a climax

You where the choosen one ..........

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I think the PT is good as in average good, the OT is plain oldschool StarWars with good acting!
The acting in the PT was quite terrible because of the sloppy dialog ...now I understand why Luke is crying so hard at Vader in ESB!!!!!
Overall>>>The StarWars SAGA is just amazing!!!!

overlord
Originally posted by JediRobin23

1. Why did EP III seem give a different feeling than the other movies? Meaning, why did I feel different at the beginning of the movie? or why did I nearly cry when order 66 went out, as Yoda dropped his stick? Or even the feeling of Anakin killing younglings? This movie is so obviously different than the other movies. As we all are so brainwashed and think its a good brainwash, cause we think star wars is more than just a good vs evil. Does this star wars brainwashing scheme affect your life. I bet it does cause you think you have the proper ideals in life from knowing what Lucas told you. It works cause of the things that go on in this world. Anyway...I'll continue later... It finally featured the supposed darker themed background of SW what Lucas was always talking about before shooting it. But I didn't see much of youngling morons getting killed and the assault on the jedi masters also wasn't that scary for me.

The real climax for me was the Anakin/Dooku fight and the one of Sidious versus Mace and co. Everything else failed in comparison to me.

PVS
here is where lucas failed: empathy

when luke flipped out with rage and almost hacked his father to death, you the audience could feel his rage, and understand it. "then perhaps she will". i felt like shouting "YOU DIRTY MOTHER******!!!!". you could make a connection and understand how one would fall to the darkside. not by a conscious decision, but through passion. anakin decided that to save padme he would slaughter children. that imho took away any sense of empathy for him. therefore, like the entire prequel, the audience is far removed emotionally from the characters. there is emotion for anakin, but no sense of emotion with anakin. no buildup besides a mere childish and rebelious attitude...and then all of the sudden he hacks off maces arm and kills babies. wtf? it would have all been forgivable if lucas just managed to capture that emotion and emulation for the fallen hero, as we had with the nearly fallen hero in ep6. thats what bugs me the most.

ESP07
Eh, I really didnt care for the cameos of OT characters. I would have been more than happy if R2 and 3PO didnt turn up until epi 3 on the Tantive. Didnt need to see them in epi 1 or 2 let alone know that Anakin created 3PO. Chewbacca in 3 was fluff. Could have had the wookie battle and left him out and it would have been fine. The Aunt Breu and Uncle Owen appearances were about the only thing I was alright with, just wish there was more of an explanation on why Owen doesnt wan Obi-Wan around. You would think the protection would be a good thing. Jar Jar and Grevious sucked total ass.

PVS
owen did have his back turned to obiwan in the final scene. i think it was clear that he wasnt interested in being friendly. and he didnt want luke to become a jedi. the only jedi he knew was the one who turned evil and brought an empire on everyone, and the other one who trained him.

ESP07
How did he know anything about what happened to Anakin? I guess Obi could have sent a message ahead of his arrival, but im not sure he would broadcast that kind of info.

PVS
Originally posted by ESP07
How did he know anything about what happened to Anakin? I guess Obi could have sent a message ahead of his arrival, but im not sure he would broadcast that kind of info.

on the contrary, i think they would have offered owen a damn good reason why they were dropping off their newly orphaned nephew

ESP07
One would certainly hope so. Like I said, I just wish there was a bit more explanation. A Owen/Obi verbal confrontation would have been interesting. Could have gotten a real visual of Obi's pain for being blamed for the position Anakin was put in.

chinabing
How about this absurdly simple explanation:

The OT is about a hero's journey.

The PT is about a villain's journey.

People root for the hero, they wannabe him, they cheer when he wins.

While fans love a great villain, they don't wannabe like him, his actions are horrible, and villains can leave a terrible bad taste.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.