GL Hal vs. Alex Nero and Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who the hell wins?

Validus
Spite? Alex beat Alan Scott pretty damn easy (probably too easy) and we all know what Sinestro can do.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Spite? Alex beat Alan Scott pretty damn easy (probably too easy) and we all know what Sinestro can do.

I sorry. embarrasment sad

batdude123
How about instead, it's Hal and Alan vs. Nero and Sinestro. big grin

Validus
I still say Nero and Sinestro. Nero was stalemating Ion in the sun until Kyle baited him into a hand to hand fight.

batdude123
I still say Nero and Sinestro. Nero was stalemating Ion in the sun until Kyle baited him into a hand to hand fight.

Really? blink Damn.

Juntai
I still say Nero and Sinestro. Nero was stalemating Ion in the sun until Kyle baited him into a hand to hand fight. Because he was drawing from the same power. Most of what Alex Nero did wasn't conscious effort. The creatures and stuff he created was awesome though.. really well arted arc too.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Because he was drawing from the same power. Most of what Alex Nero did wasn't conscious effort. The creatures and stuff he created was awesome though.. really well arted arc too.
Yeah they were both amping themselves up but he did exhibit an impressive amount of control over those energies.

Ditto on the constructs though. The Alex/Kyle issues are some of my favorite in GL.

Sea King

that realy wasent ion though that was just kyle in energy form pluse he him self was in energy form

Validus
Originally posted by Sea King
that realy wasent ion though that was just kyle in energy form pluse he him self was in energy form
Kyle was massively amped as you can tell by reading that arc. Probably more amped than he is now.

Sea King
Kyle was massively amped as you can tell by reading that arc. Probably more amped than he is now.

yes but so wasent nero they were the same level. nero was prob higher remember thats why kyle said i could not stand to loes like that (meaning with the gl power) but if he lost h2h with no talk of gods or magic rings he could live with himself. i have the entire old ion series and the serie that leads up. i dont show it but gls are something i konw.(and mainy mainy other gl comics my collections i have the most of is spiderman 350 comics and gl 100 comics)

Validus
yes but so wasent nero they were the same level. nero was prob higher remember thats why kyle said i could not stand to loes like that (meaning with the gl power) but if he lost h2h with no talk of gods or magic rings he could live with himself.
confused

That's what I said in the first post. Kyle would not have beaten Nero if he didn't sucker him into a hand to hand fight. Alex always got the better of Kyle in an energy duel.

Sea King
confused

That's what I said in the first post. Kyle would not have beaten Nero if he didn't sucker him into a hand to hand fight. Alex always got the better of Kyle in an energy duel.

i know but you made it seem like he was at his full ion power and nero was just a normal ring weilding lunitic

Sea King
anyways i give this to hal and alan

Validus
i know but you made it seem like he was at his full ion power and nero was just a normal ring weilding lunitic
At that point Kyle was superior in raw power because he already internalized a good portion of the power while Nero was still using a power ring. It's always been shown that internalized power produces higher output than a ring. It also speaks highly of his skill level that he still managed to stalemate Kyle (who is roughly equal to both Hal and Alan).

Sea King
At that point Kyle was superior in raw power because he already internalized a good portion of the power while Nero was still using a power ring. It's always been shown that internalized power produces higher output than a ring. It also speaks highly of his skill level that he still managed to stalemate Kyle (who is roughly equal to both Hal and Alan).

nero was energy just like kyle was.

Validus
nero was energy just like kyle was.
No he was not. He didn't convert to energy until the end of the fight, right before Kyle created the pocket dimension so they could go hand to hand.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7260/greenlanternv3145027vx.th.jpg http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7097/greenlanternv3145035ku.th.jpg

EDIT - Let's not forget that Kyle had been absorbing that energy for months too.

Sea King
No he was not. He didn't convert to energy until the end of the fight, right before Kyle created the pocket dimension so they could go hand to hand.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7260/greenlanternv3145027vx.th.jpg http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7097/greenlanternv3145035ku.th.jpg

EDIT - Let's not forget that Kyle had been absorbing that energy for months too.

well you gonna add the rest of them because kyle started to beat him untill he turned into energy

Validus
well you gonna add the rest of them because kyle started to beat him untill he turned into energy
Who started to beat who? Kyle said the best he could do was match Alex blow for blow.

Sea King
Who started to beat who? Kyle said the best he could do was match Alex blow for blow.

well kyle grabbed neros arms and had him disabled then the next panel nero was all yellow and thru up yellow energy in his face. thats when nero took off and then kyle went after him and then saw the quard and told him to help. as for saying he could only match him blow for blow that was after he turned into yellow energy.

Validus
well kyle grabbed neros arms and had him disabled then the next panel nero was all yellow and thru up yellow energy in his face. thats when nero took off and then kyle went after him and then saw the quard and told him to help. as for saying he could only match him blow for blow that was after he turned into yellow energy.
Shooting energy out the eyes and mouth is nothing new for GL's. You can tell by Nero's words in the following scan that this is the moment he really started to draw on the power.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/628/greenlanternv3145124ek.th.jpg

Sea King
Shooting energy out the eyes and mouth is nothing new for GL's. You can tell by Nero's words in the following scan that this is the moment he really started to draw on the power.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/628/greenlanternv3145124ek.th.jpg

ah thats page twelve and this is page 7 he is clearly yellow energy in this pic also

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/LastScan-1.jpg

Validus
Encasing himself in a construct. Pages after that he's in normal human form.

batdude123
Encasing himself in a construct. Pages after that he's in normal human form.

Exactly, GLs have done that many times without being in an energy form. They just had their rings.

Sea King
is he in a construct in this pic also

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/LastScan-2.jpg

Sea King
is he in a construct in this pic also

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/LastScan-2.jpg

their does not appear to be a ring on neros finger in that scan (he weres it on his left hand and his left hand is open and their is no ring)

Validus
Like I said before, I've seen the energy from eyes and mouth done before. It's the same as when they weild energy in their non ring hand.

The lack of the ring in the pic? I chalk it up to artist error. You have a clear statement from Nero showing his excitement when he grabs the energy.

"I feel it! I've staked my claim!"

Sea King
Like I said before, I've seen the energy from eyes and mouth done before. It's the same as when they weild energy in their non ring hand.

The lack of the ring in the pic? I chalk it up to artist error. You have a clear statement from Nero showing his excitement when he grabs the energy.

"I feel it! I've staked my claim!"

yes ok. i know gls have done that before but one question why was nero all yellow in that pannal??

and for that matter were both agree'ed that nero was beating kyle but i dont think he was beating him at the frist part but you say he was thats realy the only argument here.

Validus
yes ok. i konw gls have done that before but one question why was nero all yellow in that pannal??
His natural yellow shield.

Sea King
His natural yellow shield.

ok if thats true then why dont green lanterns skin turn green when they use their sheild??

Validus
ok if thats true then why dont green lanterns skin turn green when they use their sheild??
It actually has on occassion.

Sea King
It actually has on occassion.

will show me because i have never seen that happen before?

u know for that matter why wasent nero all yellow in all the pics of him in that comic if it was his natural sheild?

Validus
will show me because i have never seen that happen before?

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3888/130vd.th.jpg

Sea King
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3888/130vd.th.jpg

nice pic but that did not tent his skin it tented the wind sheild you can tell by the third pannel because he put his sheild back up around him self after batman said dim it down and his skin was not tented their.

btw is that from the new ones?

Validus
nice pic but that did not tent his skin it tented the winsheild you can tell by the third pannel because he put his sheild back up around him self after batman said dim it down and his skin was not tented their.

btw is that from the new ones?
The wind shield? No wind shield is going to make THAT big a difference in the way Hal glows.

Sea King
The wind shield? No wind shield is going to make THAT big a difference in the way Hal glows.

what are you talking about even batman looked like he was glowing the wind shield was what was glowing makeing them both look like they were glowing when they were not.

Validus
what are you talking about even batman looked like he was glowing the wind shield was what was glowing makeing them both look like they were glowing when they were not.
What exactly do you think is illuminating Batman?

Blair Wind
no expression

why are we talking about if they are green or yellow skin? What the f**k?

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

why are we talking about if they are green or yellow skin? What the f**k?
bloogen

Sea King
What exactly do you think is illuminating Batman?

you should look at the pic again it clearly is showing the wind sheild glowing green and that is makeing their skin look like its glowing.

show me a pic were it clearly shows the gls sheild makeing his skin glow green not like putting him self in a construct or stuff like that but his sheild makeing his skin look like it is green.

Blair Wind
Nero was on Ion level wasnt he (well not level, but high enough that he could last Nero>Kyle and in my opinion *which feats can prove Kyle=Hal, though there are some people that say Kyle was more powerful because he was full powered and none of the other GLs could face him at that power coughTraitorcough.....)

with all that strategically said....
Hal loses no expression

Sea King
you should look at the pic again it clearly is showing the wind sheild glowing green and that is makeing their skin look like its glowing.

show me a pic were it clearly shows the gls sheild makeing his skin glow green not like putting him self in a construct or stuff like that but his sheild makeing his skin look like it is green.

also keeping that i mind one more thing try not to show a gl that has green skin like jade or an aliean

Validus

You look again. The top panel is drawn from the perspective of INSIDE the car. No wind shield.

The second panel shows Batman illuminated from Hal's light. It's clear from the dialogue itself.

Sea King
i dont know man it just dont seem that way to me just post another pic of this happing and we will be in agrement that they can do so.

Validus
Why couldn't they? Guys who can block the Big Bang, stop time and do all sorts of crazy stuff can't make themselves glow green?

Validus
This has gotten pretty damn dumb. I'm just going to quote BW and be done with it.

Nero was on Ion level wasnt he (well not level, but high enough that he could last Nero>Kyle and in my opinion *which feats can prove Kyle=Hal, though there are some people that say Kyle was more powerful because he was full powered and none of the other GLs could face him at that power coughTraitorcough.....)

with all that strategically said....
Hal loses no expression

Sea King
This has gotten pretty damn dumb. I'm just going to quote BW and be done with it.

um ok but i dont see hal and alan loesing. parallax was equal to old ion and greater then new ion reg hal and alan scott are have more will power and are more exp'ed. hal has taken sinstro before so hes not even a problem nero is the only real threat. i believe that hal would be pared with nero and alan is pared with sinstro

Blair Wind
parallax has nothing to do with this thread no expression

without Parallax, Hal is powerful. But Nero> Sinestro=Hal=Alan=Kyle* (who I personally think is slightly above them all and feats can back that up, but rough equivelants are necessary)

So basically one equal character plus a more powerful character, vs two less powerful characters. I wonder who is gonna win erm

Sea King
parallax has nothing to do with this thread no expression

without Parallax, Hal is powerful. But Nero> Sinestro=Hal=Alan=Kyle* (who I personally think is slightly above them all and feats can back that up, but rough equivelants are necessary)

So basically one equal character plus a more powerful character, vs two less powerful characters. I wonder who is gonna win erm

were did you get nero was stronger then hal and alan together because that is not true as for the feats show me a feat nero has pulled off without tapping into the parallax energy because neros ring(just as kyles)was tapping into that energy even before they turned into energy. that goes all the way back to when nero frist got his ring. that is why nero was able to make construts that exstended on wards for blocks and allowed him to make more life like creations.

Blair Wind
I didnt say together. I said individually. With Sinestro an even match for which ever Lantern they face, the most obvious choice for a win would be Neros team. Parallax energy or not, Hal is regular Hal the GL right?

they lose no expression

Im done, sleep calls

Validus
were did you get nero was stronger then hal and alan together because that is not true as for the feats show me a feat nero has pulled off without tapping into the parallax energy because neros ring(just as kyles)was tapping into that energy even before they turned into energy. that goes all the way back to when nero frist got his ring. that is why nero was able to make construts that exstended on wards for blocks and allowed him to make more life like creations.
That doesn't matter at all. Both Kyle and Nero were amped and Nero beat Kyle. Logic dictates Nero is better.

Sea King
That doesn't matter at all. Both Kyle and Nero were amped and Nero beat Kyle. Logic dictates Nero is better.

and hal is better then kyle so whats your point??

Sea King

and im not talking the fight we were posting about before.

im talking about the fight that jla helped kyle in.
kyle won that.

Validus
and im not talking the fight we were posting about before.

im talking about the fight that jla helped kyle in.
kyle won that.
Not exactly. He took advantage of Nero's mental state.

And Hal being better than Kyle is highly debatable.

Sea King
Not exactly. He took advantage of Nero's mental state.

And Hal being better than Kyle is highly debatable.

1st it was still a win.

2nd agree'ed

Sea King
ill finsh this later i have only had 4 hours of sleep in the past 3 day so i need to go nap night. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.