Tournament Draft Thread III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless

TheKahn
Leo and I draft Despero and he'll be Leo's character
http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=530

Edit: Leo is working on our team name.

DarkCrawler
Our team drafts Morg (WOL). He's mine (DarkCrawler) character.
http://www.silver-surfer.us/Character_Bios/morg.html
(Waters of Life don't make him above Thanos, so I think he can have them)

HA!

Blair Wind
Classic Juggernaut (8th Day Juggernaut included in that statement)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Neptune/7060/bio.html

-8th day Juggernaut is not any different, just him utilizing his powers more efficiantly, akin to X-men Forever Iceman.....but nobody calls him X-men Forever Iceman no expression

newjak86

For Newjak86 to use

Devil Lance
SHV and I Draft Orion and he'll be my character
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/orion/orion.html

Devil Lance
Originally posted by TheKahn
Leo and I draft Despero and he'll be Leo's character
http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=530
don't you think he's a little too powerful I mean the whole lifting the rockof eternity and owning Captain Marvel Wonder Woman Superman, Powergirl, atom smasher, and the rest of the JSA/JLA powerhouses a little above herald level don't you think.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Devil Lance
don't you think he's a little too powerful I mean the whole lifting the rockof eternity and owning Captain Marvel Wonder Woman Superman, Powergirl, atom smasher, and the rest of the JSA/JLA powerhouses a little above herald level don't you think.

Herald level is only the name of the tourney, he doesn't break any of the limits in place.

Scoobless
Waters of life are banned.... as is 8th Day level Juggs

grey fox
Should I pick for Psyquis (We both have agreed on a character it's just he's not here right now....I think....)

newjak86
don't you think he's a little too powerful I mean the whole lifting the rockof eternity and owning Captain Marvel Wonder Woman Superman, Powergirl, atom smasher, and the rest of the JSA/JLA powerhouses a little above herald level don't you think. I was thinking I have a question though how was Despero beaten by the JLA again?

Devil Lance
Herald level is only the name of the tourney, he doesn't break any of the limits in place.
okay then

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind

-8th day Juggernaut is not any different, just him utilizing his powers more efficiantly, akin to X-men Forever Iceman.....but nobody calls him X-men Forever Iceman no expression
Yeah right. If we allowed 8th Day Juggs we'd have to allow Superboy Prime.

newjak86
Originally posted by grey fox
Should I pick for Psyquis (We both have agreed on a character it's just he's not here right now....I think....) Yeah its perfectly acceptable just make sure that you put down who is playing the character.

Blair Wind
yea grey you can pick for him

hmmmmm why is 8th day banned? He did nothing but utilize his powers more efficiantly....and telepathy is still a weakness confused

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah right. If we allowed 8th Day Juggs we'd have to allow Superboy Prime.

...Or trion.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless
Waters of life are banned.... as is 8th Day level Juggs Explain why? erm

TheKahn
Should I pick for Psyquis (We both have agreed on a character it's just he's not here right now....I think....)

Digi has OK'ed picking a character for your teammate if they are not on.

illadelph12
Does thoroughly scanning every point on Earth in the span of a sentence count as Flash level reaction time?

Not to be a hater, but allowing Surfer and banning Flash (and more than likely Superman) makes no sense.

newjak86
Yeah right. If we allowed 8th Day Juggs we'd have to allow Superboy Prime. He sin't any stronger then Classic just focusing his powers more is all evil face

grey fox
yea grey you can pick for him

hmmmmm why is 8th day banned? He did nothing but utilize his powers more efficiantly....and telepathy is still a weakness confused

*Slap's Blair Wind for his audacity*

You GOT Shaman , be happy. Jeez it's like having Iladeph here.....

Anyway.

Ray II
http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/youngjustice.html#ray

for Psyquis52

Devil Lance
I can have Orion with the astor harness and mother box right ?

Scoobless
Val, i have to go out again.... you're gonna be pretty much in charge of this on your own until Digi comes on

Waters of Life Morg is well above his usual level.... and his usual level is the cap for this tourney

8th Day Juggs is similarly overpowered

newjak86
Originally posted by newjak86
I was thinking I have a question though how was Despero beaten by the JLA again? Still wanting an answer on this please

Scoobless
Aren't Orion's energy powers above the Surfers?

newjak86
Val, i have to go out again.... you're gonna be pretty much in charge of this on your own until Digi comes on

Waters of Life Morg is well above his usual level.... and his usual level is the cap for this tourney

8th Day Juggs is similarly overpowered How is he more overpowered. He did everything Classic could do he was just shown being more focused in doing it.

grey fox
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Explain why? erm

Morg was (Comparatively) an ordinary murderer. Big G gives him the PC , this allows him to become herald level (One of the stronger Heralds I believe) , after his PC was taken WOL allowed him to STILL go toe-to-toe with Herlad levelers.

You might as well add a new class on called WOL ....

Validus

Damn sad

Devil Lance
Aren't Orion's energy powers above the Surfers?
nope I don't think so

DarkCrawler

8th Day Juggs is similarly overpowered I thought general level was under Thanos.

grey fox
How is he more overpowered. He did everything Classic could do he was just shown being more focused in doing it.

That's not the point , sure it wasn't a 'Technical' power-up but it was an amp none-the-less.

grey fox
I thought general level was under Thanos.

Wol morg was stalemating ....whatsisname...you know...guy created from PC....pissed off big-g so Galactus shrunk him.....

DAMN !!!

I can't remember his name...

Accel
Supreme Power Hyperion will be our team character.
http://www.comiccritique.com/st/grevSt176.html

newjak86
That's not the point , sure it wasn't a 'Technical' power-up but it was an amp none-the-less. Its the same as Hulk being in a mad rage and getting stronger because of Hulk's rage powers wouldn't be banned.

Besides he still has all of his weaknesses to exploit.

illadelph12
*Slap's Blair Wind for his audacity*

You GOT Shaman , be happy. Jeez it's like having Iladeph here.....

Smartass!!!! laughing

Besides, Aquarian is already banned. sad

Validus
Except being a Thanos level bruiser. Despero has manhandled multiple teams and it always takes a plot device to beat him. Martian Manhunter beat him with a one time only use power that he can't do again. Johnny Sorrow beat him but then again, Sorrow beat Shazam. Zatanna beat him but thats Zatanna.

grey fox
Originally posted by Accel
Supreme Power Hyperion will be our team character.
http://www.comiccritique.com/st/grevSt176.html
I dont mean to be Nit-picky but that isn't a bio. It's a review of the series.

SO SUPREME POWER HYPERION IS STILL OPEN !!!!!!

*Alarms blare as the 'steal a charachter ' alert goes off*

newjak86
Still want to know how Despero lost to the JLA. Because anyone that can toss around the JLA with mild effort could be consdisdered Thanos level

TheKahn
Except being a Thanos level bruiser. Despero has manhandled multiple teams and it always takes a plot device to beat him. Martian Manhunter beat him with a one time only use power that he can't do again. Johnny Sorrow beat him but then again, Sorrow beat Shazam. Zatanna beat him but thats Zatanna.

I can't possibly see him being more of a bruiser that Juggernaut who is physically indestructible confused

DarkCrawler
Wol morg was stalemating ....whatsisname...you know...guy created from PC....pissed off big-g so Galactus shrunk him.....

DAMN !!!

I can't remember his name... Tyrant? But Morg had the Ultimate Nullifier. They didn't even fight...Morg just blasted him with it and the Nullifier started consuming everything there. Plus he had the extra powers from that techno morphing thing.

grey fox
Its the same as Hulk being in a mad rage and getting stronger because of Hulk's rage powers wouldn't be banned.

Besides he still has all of his weaknesses to exploit.

You can't exploit it though. You walk near the guy and you disintegrate , his punches taking the dimension away with you in it.

newjak86
Except being a Thanos level bruiser. Despero has manhandled multiple teams and it always takes a plot device to beat him. Martian Manhunter beat him with a one time only use power that he can't do again. Johnny Sorrow beat him but then again, Sorrow beat Shazam. Zatanna beat him but thats Zatanna. So that it his how he lost huh wow I think a thanos level could be tapped unto him.

newjak86
You can't exploit it though. You walk near the guy and you disintegrate , his punches taking the dimension away with you in it. thats trion not 8th day trion of course is illegal for this tourny.
8th day couldn't do any of that.

Adam Warlock
I dont mean to be Nit-picky but that isn't a bio. It's a review of the series.

SO SUPREME POWER HYPERION IS STILL OPEN !!!!!!

*Alarms blare as the 'steal a charachter ' alert goes off*

How's this for Hyperion:

http://venom.com/universe/Hyperion_(Mark_Milton)

grey fox
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
How's this for Hyperion:

That's the ticket lad.....

batdude123
I can have Orion with the astor harness and mother box right ?

Mother box?? Pffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic) Try again.

newjak86
I can't possibly see him being more of a bruiser that Juggernaut who is physically indestructible confused Juggernaut can still be defeated in multiple ways that a number of people have in this tourny. What can put down despero?

Accel
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
How's this for Hyperion:

There ya go. Thanks AW, I had trouble finding a good bio for Hyperion. big grin

DarkCrawler
Damn last post on page
Tyrant? But Morg had the Ultimate Nullifier. They didn't even fight...Morg just blasted him with it and the Nullifier started consuming everything there. Plus he had the extra powers from that techno morphing thing.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by batdude123
Mother box?? Pffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic) Try again.
huh

TheKahn
Juggernaut can still be defeated in multiple ways that a number of people have in this tourny. What can put down despero?

I don't know, maybe a team with a strange level magic user and an indestructible brawler??? Despero is durable but there are several ways any reasonably versatile team (in a non CIS fight) could put him down.

grey fox
Ok , but he was still slapping around Jack of hearts and all of Big G's heralds at the same time.

grey fox
huh

You do know what a MB can do right ?

newjak86
I don't know, maybe a team with a strange level magic user and an indestructible brawler??? Despero is durable but there are several ways any reasonably versatile team (in a non CIS fight) could put him down. really what ways have he been put down before.

edit: Plus the JLA are a very versatile team as well and they had quite a bit of trouble beating him by people's comments.

batdude123
I can't possibly see him being more of a bruiser that Juggernaut who is physically indestructible confused

Dude, yeah right. Despero=BANNED.

Devil Lance
You do know what a MB can do right ?

fine I get to keep the astro harness though right?

grey fox
Raise your hand for Despero Banned

(Hey I rhymed ! )

*Raises hand*

batdude123
huh

Yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic) You know damn well that Orion can not have the motherbox.

grey fox
fine I get to keep the astro harness though right?

Nope

batdude123
Raise your hand for Despero Banned

(Hey I rhymed ! )

*Raises hand*

*Raises BOTH hands*

Devil Lance
Nope
bullshit mad

Validus
I don't know, maybe a team with a strange level magic user and an indestructible brawler??? Despero is durable but there are several ways any reasonably versatile team (in a non CIS fight) could put him down.
Shaman isn't close to Strange level. Really, lets not start that crap again. If you want to talk non CIS, I could argue Silver Surfer beats Thanos. Fact is it's always taken massive plot devices to beat Despero. He's banned.

TheKahn
really what ways have he been put down before.

Sorry, I'm not going to do your work for you and post ammo for all the teams to use against him. But there are several reasons that he's fine:

Durability is less than Juggy, and his telepathy is slightly above MM. Any herald or GL could match up with him, again in a non-cis fight. And by GL I mean those guys who contain blasts from supernovas... roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Ok , but he was still slapping around Jack of hearts and all of Big G's heralds at the same time. Nothing that Thanos couldn't do. ..and Thanos defeated Morg in few pages.

batdude123
Sorry, I'm not going to do your work for you and post ammo for all the teams to use against him. But there are several reasons that he's fine:

Durability is less than Juggy, and his telepathy is slightly above MM. Any herald or GL could match up with him, again in a non-cis fight. And by GL I mean those guys who contain blasts from supernovas... roll eyes (sarcastic)

A team buster such as Despero was giving the JLA and JSA HUGE problems. He's banned.

grey fox

...or get punked by Slade.

It works both way's Muchacho cool

newjak86

Durability is less than Juggy, and his telepathy is slightly above MM. Any herald or GL could match up with him, again in a non-cis fight. And by GL I mean those guys who contain blasts from supernovas... roll eyes (sarcastic) Really we had to give a lot of info on Shaman before people were banned.
Plus Juggernaut can't take on the whole JLA by himself.

Scoobless
Characters are only allowed in with their regular powers and weapons... so no "8th Day" Juggernaut, but regular Juggs is fine... also no Reed Richards with the ultimate nullifier... or Aunt May with Cosmic Powers

newjak86
Nothing that Thanos couldn't do. ..and Thanos defeated Morg in few pages. Yes but then again Thanos level is banned. The heralds had to send SS to go get Galactus to stop Morg wink

grey fox
Nothing that Thanos couldn't do. ..and Thanos defeated Morg in few pages.

True...but the only thing about Thanos in this thread is durability. So...MORG IS BANNED MWHAHAAHHAHAHA !!!!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

big grin
I smile , yet on the inside I frown. sad

newjak86
Characters are only allowed in with their regular powers and weapons... so no "8th Day" Juggernaut, but regular Juggs is fine... also no Reed Richards with the ultimate nullifier... or Aunt May with Cosmic Powers But what did he show that would put him above his regular powers?

A.J
i got a pic but waiting for an answer of scobs bout somthing

and dont worry ill use better grammer in the tornie guys wink

grey fox
Characters are only allowed in with their regular powers and weapons... so no "8th Day" Juggernaut, but regular Juggs is fine... also no Reed Richards with the ultimate nullifier... or Aunt May with Cosmic Powers

How about Cosmic Bunny ?

Soleran
Really we had to give a lot of info on Shaman before people were banned.

Sure he can take them on doesn't mean a win though lol.

grey fox
But what did he show that would put him above his regular powers?

laughing

DarkCrawler
Hmm.

Morg with WOL is banned. I can still have regular one. laughing out loud

In your face. big grin

batdude123
Why is Morg banned? blink He hasn't demonstrated anything above the power caps. confused

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
Sure he can take them on doesn't mean a win though lol.

no expression He was kicking the sh*t outta them.

DarkCrawler
Apparenty there is a rule that they can't have outside things. erm

So normal Morg is OK, but one with WOL apparently isn't...although I have no idea why.

TheKahn
Really we had to give a lot of info on Shaman before people were banned.

Really? Didn't the version of Juggy you want nearly crush Thor to death with his bear hands and take his godblast? Sounds like the JLA would need a plot device to beat someone like that.

grey fox
Why is Morg banned? blink He hasn't demonstrated anything above the power caps. confused

With WOL....

newjak86
Why is Morg banned? blink He hasn't demonstrated anything above the power caps. confused Morg with WOL is banned not normal Morg though

DarkCrawler
True...but the only thing about Thanos in this thread is durability. So...MORG IS BANNED MWHAHAAHHAHAHA !!!!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

No...power is. And Morg hasn't shown power above Thanos.

Validus
Really? Didn't the version of Juggy you want nearly crush Thor to death with his bear hands and take his godblast? Sounds like the JLA would need a plot device to beat someone like that.
Hence 8th Day is banned.

grey fox
No...power is. And Morg hasn't shown power above Thanos.

Damn you....

batdude123
Morg with WOL is banned not normal Morg though

Ah POOP! mad

Blair Wind
confused God blast juggs, was regular juggs. Juggernaut with 8th day powerset, can STILL be beaten through the same means as always

newjak86
Really? Didn't the version of Juggy you want nearly crush Thor to death with his bear hands and take his godblast? Sounds like the JLA would need a plot device to beat someone like that. No he took Godforce Blast long before that but guess what thor still one. Thor never does well against Juggs close up but Juggs always looses because Juggernuat does have quite a few exploitable weaknesses. And Argueably MM could take Juggs by himself. So could WW alone. He could not give the JLA trouble by himself

Soleran
no expression He was kicking the sh*t outta them.

What? I never said he would, ugh, comprehension.

batdude123
confused God blast juggs, was regular juggs. Juggernaut with 8th day powerset, can STILL be beaten through the same means as always

What if somebody doesn't have a tp on their team?

A.J
The hell with it im having supreme, he has the hammer most of the time in her career.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/supreme.htm

newjak86
Hence 8th Day is banned. Read above

TheKahn
Hence 8th Day is banned.

But "normal" Juggy still has far greater durability than Despero and, some argue, unlimited strength. Despero isn't as durable as him, nor can it be argued that he has unlimited strength, and he doesn't have matter manipulation like a lot of character's drafted do.

Blair Wind

no expression

Not my problem

grey fox

Like Mwa for example...

newjak86
What if somebody doesn't have a tp on their team? Then magic works on him plus Juggs is slow. There is a numer of ways to put him down if your creative enough.

newjak86
But "normal" Juggy still has far greater durability than Despero and, some argue, unlimited strength. Despero isn't as durable as him, nor can it be argued that he has unlimited strength, and he doesn't have matter manipulation like a lot of character's drafted do. Yet he can still give the JLA and JSA trouble Juggs can't do that

batdude123
Then magic works on him plus Juggs is slow. There is a numer of ways to put him down if your creative enough.

Yeah, that works for you Mr. SHAMAN.

grey fox
But "normal" Juggy still has far greater durability than Despero and, some argue, unlimited strength. Despero isn't as durable as him, nor can it be argued that he has unlimited strength, and he doesn't have matter manipulation like a lot of character's drafted do.

In-fact how in the hell DOES somebody get a win against Juggs if they don't have Tp on their team . Take my team for example. We can't BFR him , we can't knock him out ?

What the hell do we do ?

TheKahn
Then magic works on him plus Juggs is slow. There is a numer of ways to put him down if your creative enough.

The exact same thing can be said about Despero....

Blair Wind
slow shifty

hehehe

by the way I voted Khell to complain about a pick....yes

Soleran
In-fact how in the hell DOES somebody get a win against Juggs if they don't have Tp on their team . Take my team for example. We can't BFR him , we can't knock him out ?

What the hell do we do ?

Lose@

TheKahn
Yet he can still give the JLA and JSA trouble Juggs can't do that

And yet "normal" Juggernaut can take Thor's godblast without even being phased and can't be attacked with his shield up.

grey fox

Coming from Mr 'Infinite Cheap Powers' aye Purse boy....

Validus
Despero has strength enough to manhandle multiple elite Class 100's at once.

Fact: Despero has always been beaten by plot devices.
Fact: Juggernaut has lost to plenty of people in a variety of ways.

newjak86

What the hell do we do ? Then you find a way to stop him freeze him stuff like that he isn't unbeatable by any means of the imagination otherwise quite a few people would have dies along time ago.

Power meshing that what this tourny is all about.

grey fox
I'm going for 45 minuties ok. Doctor Who is on.... I shall return though .

Validus
Read above
No need. You have two judges telling you he's banned. Consider another pick.

leonidas
Shaman isn't close to Strange level. Really, lets not start that crap again. If you want to talk non CIS, I could argue Silver Surfer beats Thanos. Fact is it's always taken massive plot devices to beat Despero. He's banned.

blink

i'd need a bit of an explanation here. sure he was battling the jla, but thor and wonderman have both battled the avengers. count nefaria wiped out the friggin avengers AND thunderbolts alone, yet i could pick him.

despero went h2h with supes ina recent jla arc and supes was holding his own. if he IS above supes strength (likely), it's not by much, and certainly not by feats. his tp is uber, no doubt, but i've not seen him building and recreating cites in nano-seconds ala god-cable. when the rock of eternity was dropped on him, he was already pretty much screwed. when he wiped out the jla, he did it one or 2 at a time and he is (like thanos) is uber smart and always has a plan. it's not like he walked up to them all and beat them to a pulp and hypnotized them. this is also the 'physical' despero we're taking, not the possession despero. he's got none of the matter manip so many have, no magic, just uber-strength and uber tp.

and beyond all that, even draco says he's a great pick for this level tourny!

honestly, i see no reason for him to be banned, val. and didn't i run him by you and you say he was all right . . .? confused (maybe that was digi?)

newjak86
No need. You have two judges telling you he's banned. Consider another pick. Fine then we'll scratch 8th Day

TheKahn
Despero has strength enough to manhandle multiple elite Class 100's at once.

Fact: Despero has always been beaten by plot devices.
Fact: Juggernaut has lost to plenty of people in a variety of ways.

And why can't Juggy do that as well?

And him being beat by plot devices is only because he isn't used that often. If DC used him more, then more people would have beaten him by now. The fact remains that he is a step below Juggernaut in durability and that any number of characters already selected could go h2h with him. Hell, Gladiator and Majestic have both moved around planets which put them into the billions of ton class.

batdude123
And why can't Juggy do that as well?

And him being beat by plot devices is only because he isn't used that often. If DC used him more, then more people would have beaten him by now. The fact remains that he is a step below Juggernaut in durability and that any number of characters already selected could go h2h with him. Hell, Gladiator and Majestic have both moved around planets which put them into the billions of ton class.

However, his powers work MUCH quicker than everyone elses. His eyes are directly connected to his brain, therefore, he looks at you and you're f*cked.

leonidas
the whole jugg's thing is hilarious to me. i brought up the fact that without bfr he'd be almost impossible to beat and everyone laughed and said who'd take him anyway . . .

not so funny now, eh . . .?

TheKahn
However, his powers work MUCH quicker than everyone elses. His eyes are directly connected to his brain, therefore, he looks at you and you're f*cked.

And all Black Bolt has to do is say, "huh." There are several characters that have already been picked that are above him in physical stats, are more versatile, and whose powers work just as fast. Not that that is of vital importance as everyone gets prep time.

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
blink

i'd need a bit of an explanation here. sure he was battling the jla, but thor and wonderman have both battled the avengers. count nefaria wiped out the friggin avengers AND thunderbolts alone, yet i could pick him.

despero went h2h with supes ina recent jla arc and supes was holding his own. if he IS above supes strength (likely), it's not by much, and certainly not by feats. his tp is uber, no doubt, but i've not seen him building and recreating cites in nano-seconds ala god-cable. when the rock of eternity was dropped on him, he was already pretty much screwed. when he wiped out the jla, he did it one or 2 at a time and he is (like thanos) is uber smart and always has a plan. it's not like he walked up to them all and beat them to a pulp and hypnotized them. this is also the 'physical' despero we're taking, not the possession despero. he's got none of the matter manip so many have, no magic, just uber-strength and uber tp.

and beyond all that, even draco says he's a great pick for this level tourny!

honestly, i see no reason for him to be banned, val. and didn't i run him by you and you say he was all right . . .? confused (maybe that was digi?)
I've talked to Draco about Despero before. He bases that opinion on a what time power Martian Manhunter displayed to beat him. A power that can't ever be used by him again so scratch that.

leonidas

not true, as it happens. if you do some research, you may be able to find that out for yourself . . .

Blair Wind
the whole jugg's thing is hilarious to me. i brought up the fact that without bfr he'd be almost impossible to beat and everyone laughed and said who'd take him anyway . . .

not so funny now, eh . . .?

I down played him on purpose shifty

I ALWAYS have a purpose....

Validus
blink

despero went h2h with supes ina recent jla arc and supes was holding his own. if he IS above supes strength (likely), it's not by much, and certainly not by feats.
And Masterson Thor knocked out Thanos with the IG. no expression

Despero has more feats that put him above Superman strength than not. He doesn't fight teams. He stomps them.

lilnutta12
someone make a list of the contestants picks
i forgot hurry band blowup

leonidas
I've talked to Draco about Despero before. He bases that opinion on a what time power Martian Manhunter displayed to beat him. A power that can't ever be used by him again so scratch that.

so why exactly are you banning him, val? is it durability? (<juggs) strength? (supes=>despero) tp? (shaman nate/god-like cable=despero)

his great upside is that he combines these great attributes. none of the individual attributes exceed the limits. combined he is a bad mofo, but again, most herald levellers can be team wreckers. hell, there's a 30 pg thread saying the ss could wipe out the jla--ALL AT ONCE!

give me something specific you're banning him for. please. big grin

oh ya, sucks to be you left hanging for THIS round!

TheKahn

Despero has more feats that put him above Superman strength than not. He doesn't fight teams. He stomps them.

I thought this was a herald level tournament, not a Superman-level or team-level. Again, there are other people already drafted how have strength and durability feats greater than Despero. Are they going to be banned too?

Validus
I thought this was a herald level tournament
Which is why it puzzles me you bothered to pick Despero in the first place.

TheKahn
Which is why it puzzles me you bothered to pick Despero in the first place.

Because non of his physical attributes exceed those of individuals how have already been approved.

batdude123
Despero telepathically F*CKED Martian Manhunter in V&V. Martian Manhunter had to be put in a coma in order for him to stop freakin out and burning. no expression

leonidas

actually, he doesn't have more feats. i'll agree, he's likely stronger though but what's to say i can't amp ss to reach his level? would hulk's styrength level have been limited had he picked him?

and again -- he stomps teams because he is WAY smarter than most people on teams. he's a military genius and galactic conqueror. he never wades into a full team and wipes them out, he divides them and beats them 1 or 2 at a time.

and besides ALL that -- he is friggin' UBER-COOL and a very clever pick . . . big grin

Validus
Because non of his physical attributes exceed those of individuals how have already been approved.
Despite smashing multiple teams filled with multiple herald level characters?

TheKahn
Despero telepathically F*CKED Martian Manhunter in V&V. Martian Manhunter had to be put in a coma in order for him to stop freakin out and burning. no expression

I forget where in the rules it says that Martian Manhunter was the limit as far as telepathy goes. Telepathy has been approved from the beginning by Digi and mentioned by him several times. People who didn't prepare for that eventuality, only have themselves to blame.

TheKahn

How does that prove his is more durable that Juggy or stronger than Magestic? confused

batdude123
I forget where in the rules it says that Martian Manhunter was the limit as far as telepathy goes. Telepathy has been approved from the beginning by Digi and mentioned by him several times. People who didn't prepare for that eventuality, only have themselves to blame.

No, this wasn't a 'minor' tp attack. He seriously made MM his B*TCH. no expression

Devil Lance
If I can't have Orion with the astro harness
I'll change my pick to sinestro
http://rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=115

Validus
I forget where in the rules it says that Martian Manhunter was the limit as far as telepathy goes. Telepathy has been approved from the beginning by Digi and mentioned by him several times.
This logic says it would be ok to pick Adam Warlock with the soul gem.

leonidas

i know you keep bringing that up, but HOW does he beat teams down? unlike nefaria -- who DID beat up all the avengers and t-bolts at once -- despero thinks, plans, and takes them out in small neumbers.

and yes he DID tp-f$#@ mm. so? doesn't mean he exceeds herald-level, or more specifically, sub-thanos.

newjak86
I forget where in the rules it says that Martian Manhunter was the limit as far as telepathy goes. Telepathy has been approved from the beginning by Digi and mentioned by him several times. People who didn't prepare for that eventuality, only have themselves to blame. It doesn't but then again it does say nothing that thanos would be able to do. when someone can go and beat a team of herald level beings and then Mind F*ck one of them as well his power range comes into question.

TheKahn
This logic says it would be ok to pick Adam Warlock with the soul gem.

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with him. But I think Leo makes a good point:

actually, he doesn't have more feats. i'll agree, he's likely stronger though but what's to say i can't amp ss to reach his level? would hulk's styrength level have been limited had he picked him?

and again -- he stomps teams because he is WAY smarter than most people on teams. he's a military genius and galactic conqueror. he never wades into a full team and wipes them out, he divides them and beats them 1 or 2 at a time.

Validus
How does that prove his is more durable that Juggy or stronger than Magestic? confused
Show me one scan of Majestic or Juggernaut flat out trashing a team on par with the JLA/JSA.

8th Day Juggs IS banned so that argument is gone.

leonidas
warlock should be fine val. i'd have agreed to him just no soul-sucking. we almost chose him!

and you still haven't given me a specific reason to ban him . . . sad

Demonic Phoenix
Woah...this is 1 hot thread uv started Scoobless. Oh, i'm not takin part

Devil Lance
i know you keep bringing that up, but HOW does he beat teams down? unlike nefaria -- who DID beat up all the avengers and t-bolts at once -- despero thinks, plans, and takes them out in small neumbers.

and yes he DID tp-f$#@ mm. so? doesn't mean he exceeds herald-level, or more specifically, sub-thanos.
Leo he took out Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, PowerGirl. Captain Marvel, Atom smasher, and I think Black Adam at the same time in virtue and Vice.
I think most people in this tourney couuldn't do that

Blair Wind
and for the first time.....its not cuz of us newjak big grin

Validus

Please now. His telepathy was not in the equation during Virtue & Vice. He smashed them with his bare hands.

newjak86
and for the first time.....its not cuz of us newjak big grin Hey we got the team we want cool

Devil Lance
Please now. His telepathy was not in the equation during Virtue & Vice. He smashed them with his bare hands.
yes

TheKahn
Show me one scan of Majestic or Juggernaut flat out trashing a team on par with the JLA/JSA.

8th Day Juggs IS banned so that argument is gone.

Regular Juggernaut has far more durability feats than Despero does such as taking Thor's godblast with no ill effects. Again, I refer to Leo post about how he was able to beat the JLA. He had serious one sided prep. Besides a Blind Wonder Woman has had damn good showings against the JLA.

newjak86
Leo he took out Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, PowerGirl. Captain Marvel, Atom smasher, and I think Black Adam at the same time in virtue and Vice.
I think most people in this tourney couuldn't do that You know who could though Thanos big grin

leonidas
despero is a combination of doom (brains), god-cable (tp), superman (strength/durability).

he wins because he is SMART! you're exaggerating when you say he owned the jla/jsa. if i were being perfectly honest, i'd say despero is a GREAT limit for this tourny in many ways but he DOES lack many of the skills and abilities that others in the tourny possess.

Validus
Regular Juggernaut has far more durability feats than Despero does such as taking Thor's godblast with no ill effects.
Superman has more strength showings than Despero. Take a guess why.

Besides a Blind Wonder Woman has had damn good showings against the JLA.
Even though Wonder Woman later said the only person who wasn't half assing that sparring session was Batman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Again, I refer to Leo post about how he was able to beat the JLA. He had serious one sided prep.
So you guys are saying Thanos should be allowed because he also preps? Ok, first person to post after me that isn't Leo or Kahn can have Thanos.

Blair Wind
thanos

edit: I win big grin

shifty so we get a four man team with him right?

leonidas

and the only one that he MAY have ko'd was wonder woman. the rest he fended off but again, loads of guys could fend them off.

he's strong. VERY strong. stronger than supes? probably, yes (though po'd supes has ridiculous showings v the jla . . .) but is supes the strength limit?

i'm only arguing this much because i honestly believe he IS within the rules of the tourny. he's just a very good pick and if someone else had him, i'd be afraid too. big grin

Devil Lance
and the only one that he MAY have ko'd was wonder woman. the rest he fended off but again, loads of guys could fend them off.

he's strong. VERY strong. stronger than supes? probably, yes (though po'd supes has ridiculous showings v the jla . . .) but is supes the strength limit?

i'm only arguing this much because i honestly believe he IS within the rules of the tourny. he's just a very good pick and if someone else had him, i'd be afraid too. big grin
roll eyes (sarcastic)
no

leonidas
val, DOOM has taken out every hero on EARTH (emperor doom)!! does that mean i can't have doom? prep is wonderful and is itself a huge plot device.

you still haven't told me (aside from him being a team wrecker which i hope i explained away) exactly why you are banning him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>