Namor runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Namor runs the gauntlet. He gets six hours of rest between each battle.
THis is for Darkcrawler smile

1) Wolverine
2) Doc Ock
3) Cyclops & Havok
4) Absorbing Man
5) Wonder Man
6) Fully confident Gladiator
7) Silver Surfer
8) Perrikus

Grimm22
He loses to either Absorbing or Wonder Man

Validus
Stops at Wolverine.

badabing
Originally posted by Grimm22
He loses to either Absorbing or Wonder Man
Cosigned.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
Stops at Wolverine.

Namor >>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine

Namor >>> 10 Wolverines wink

DarkCrawler
He might defeat Absorbing Man in some way because...well, AM is such a dumbass. Unless the fight happens in water, Wonder Man will beat him.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Grimm22
Namor >>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine

Namor >>> 10 Wolverines wink
True. Very true. But the fact remains that Wolverine can slice Namor. He can cut off his head if he had the chance.

I'm not voting for Wolverine here, but Namor is a great warrior, but at the same time sometimes a bit stupid and reckless : if he gives Wolverine an opening, he might get hurt (a lot).

And Absorbing Man should be able to beat Namor, but he's an idiot.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by who?-kid
True. Very true. But the fact remains that Wolverine can slice Namor. He can cut off his head if he had the chance.

I'm not voting for Wolverine here, but Namor is a great warrior, but at the same time sometimes a bit stupid and reckless : if he gives Wolverine an opening, he might get hurt (a lot).
If you look at Namor's fights, he's not really stupid and reckless in any of them, besides the ones in his youth and when he is in rage. And also, in 90% of his fights, it's started by someone else...fact that many people don't know. Like Namor himself has said, he has been endlessly fighting his whole life. You can't get stupid and reckless when you fight gods and demigods.

Plus I don't understand why he would give Wolverine an opening...he's faster then he is...

Namor fighting smart wouldn't simply give him a chance (unlike every other strong guy Wolverine fights).
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorfeat844js.gif
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorfeat853hz.gif

snoopdogg
If it were not for the claws I would say Namor all the time. But the claws have been shown to damage him. Namor will have a tough time getting past Wolverine.

DarkCrawler
Even though he is much faster then Wolverine and could dodge the claws with ease and punch him in the face six times per second right at that moment if he wished? Even though he could just thunderclap him one time and end the fight there? Even though he could just electrocute him...? If Namor would fight smart without holding back, he would own Wolverine.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Even though he is much faster then Wolverine and could dodge the claws with ease and punch him in the face six times per second right at that moment if he wished? Even though he could just thunderclap him one time and end the fight there? Even though he could just electrocute him...? If Namor would fight smart without holding back, he would own Wolverine. I suppose those methods would work.

Cyclops and Havok would be a problem. Escpecially the heat from Havoks plasma attacks. Namor may be fast and agile but these two guys are pretty damm accurate with their attacks.

DarkCrawler
Speedblitz for the win. Namor's flew 100,000 feet in seconds when he needed to stop an Wakandan missile, flew from USA to China in hours, from USA to Antartica in less then a day, etc...

Or if he didn't feel like flying, he could electrocute them too...or just smash the ground and cause an earthquake...or thunderclap them. Or throw something at them with his dead-accurate throwing skills, and with the objects moving with such speed that they would be as destructive as an artillery shell (he did this once).

snoopdogg
Speedblitz for the win. Namor's flew 100,000 feet in seconds when he needed to stop an Wakandan missile, flew from USA to China in hours, from USA to Antartica in less then a day, etc...

Or if he didn't feel like flying, he could electrocute them too...or just smash the ground and cause an earthquake...or thunderclap them. Or throw something at them with his dead-accurate throwing skills, and with the objects moving with such speed that they would be as destructive as an artillery shell (he did this once). Like Cyclops and Havok havn't dealt with that stuff before. Cyclops has pegged Northstar and Quicksilver before and those guys are faster than Namor or anything Namor can throw.

DarkCrawler
Were they moving with their full speeds? All I can remember is Cyclops tagging Classic Quicksilver, and his top speed is 175 MPH...

And imagine how fast a rock thrown by Namor would fly. An baseball pitcher can throw an stone with 110 MPH. Namor is better in throwing weapons, plus he would have roughly a hundred thousand more times throwing strength behind his throws...plus a lot more speed...

110 MPH x 100,000 = 11000000 MPH = The rock would fly with roughly Mach 14000, give or take taken areodynamics in consideration.

Have Northstar and Quicksilver ever gone at Cyclops that fast?

snoopdogg
Were they moving with their full speeds? All I can remember is Cyclops tagging Classic Quicksilver, and his top speed is 175 MPH... He tagged Northstar once also. I saw the scan somewhere on here. Northstar is faster than QS.

DarkCrawler
Added something...

Were they moving with their full speeds? All I can remember is Cyclops tagging Classic Quicksilver, and his top speed is 175 MPH...

And imagine how fast a rock thrown by Namor would fly. An baseball pitcher can throw an stone with 110 MPH. Namor is better in throwing weapons, plus he would have roughly a hundred thousand more times throwing strength behind his throws...plus a lot more speed...

110 MPH x 100,000 = 11000000 MPH = The rock would fly with roughly Mach 14000, give or take taken areodynamics in consideration.

Have Northstar and Quicksilver ever gone at Cyclops that fast?

snoopdogg
Well if you want to use handbooks Namors top speed is 60mph. big grin

HellMaster93
Namor reaches Cyc/ Havok. He MIGHT beat them if he is EXTREMELY lucky and tactical... but Namor loses 9/10. If he beat them, he could beat AM I believe and almost certainly beat Wonder Man...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well if you want to use handbooks Namors top speed is 60mph. big grin And like I have proven numerous times before...handbooks are crap when it comes to Namor. yes

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Namor reaches Cyc/ Havok. He MIGHT beat them if he is EXTREMELY lucky and tactical... but Namor loses 9/10. If he beat them, he could beat AM I believe and almost certainly beat Wonder Man... Read above. Namor will defeat Cyclops and Havok, pretty easily, if I might add.

snoopdogg
And like I have proven numerous times before...handbooks are crap when it comes to Namor. yes That can be said about any character. You just used a handbook stat in your debate but if I would have said Namors top speed is 60mph you would have cracked a nut.

DarkCrawler
If you can show me a comic where Classic Quicksilver runs faster then that, then that stat is crap...

I seriously doubt that he can run faster then Mach 10, anyway...whereas Namor's objects go WAY faster then that...

snoopdogg
If you can show me a comic where Classic Quicksilver runs faster then that, then that stat is crap...

I seriously doubt that he can run faster then Mach 10, anyway...whereas Namor's objects go WAY faster then that... He tagged Norhstar also.

Just how fast is Namor? Is he faster than Quicksilver and Northstar?

snoopdogg
Oh and by the way I played HS baseball and strength has nothing to do with throwing a fastball. It's technique. Same thing with swinging the bat.

DarkCrawler
In flight speed? Well, in order to go 100,000 feet in seconds his can be anywhere between Mach 1.5 (100000 feet in 59 seconds) to Mach 44 (100000 feet in two seconds). In running type movement, he was able to jump from meteor to meteor pretty effortlessly, and their lowest speed is Mach 32 (But like Hulk, he can jump with superspeed, so that probably doesn't count) other instance of him showing superspeed in running was him easily running out a police car while being weakened. Then there is also his exceptional swimming speed which enables him to go 15,000 feet in a time that Abomination wasn't able to even react to it, and he did that without breaking a sweat. He has also swam with speed enough to make an whirpool that knocked out Hulk, made a whirpool that absorbed an entire tsunami inside it, drill through stone and so on...

DarkCrawler
Oh and by the way I played HS baseball and strength has nothing to do with throwing a fastball. It's technique. Same thing with swinging the bat. True, and Namor is master of throwing all kinds of things (he even hit a floating ship by throwing a squid in it...under the resistance of water) so that doesn't really matter.

snoopdogg
In flight speed? Well, in order to go 100,000 feet in seconds his can be anywhere between Mach 1.5 (100000 feet in 59 seconds) to Mach 44 (100000 feet in two seconds). In running type movement, he was able to jump from meteor to meteor pretty effortlessly, and their lowest speed is Mach 32 (But like Hulk, he can jump with superspeed, so that probably doesn't count) other instance of him showing superspeed in running was him easily running out a police car while being weakened. Then there is also his exceptional swimming speed which enables him to go 15,000 feet in a time that Abomination wasn't able to even react to it, and he did that without breaking a sweat. He has also swam with speed enough to make an whirpool that knocked out Hulk, made a whirpool that absorbed an entire tsunami inside it, drill through stone and so on... So basically Namor is faster than Quicksilver and Northstar.

DarkCrawler
No...I just listed the things he has done...huh

snoopdogg
No...I just listed the things he has done...huh Well QS and NS don't have feats like that. Do they?

DarkCrawler
I think Northstar accelerated to Mach 45 or something with ease...you have to ask Mungi.

Quicksilver? I'm not sure if he has.

snoopdogg
I think Northstar accelerated to Mach 45 or something with ease...you have to ask Mungi.

Quicksilver? I'm not sure if he has. Mungi already said that his top speed in comics was mach 18.7.

DarkCrawler
They both have running speed feats that put them above him in running...Namor's only jumped faster, even Hulk jumps faster then they run, I believe.

Accel
Mungi already said that his top speed in comics was mach 18.7.
I believe Mungi always said Northstar could run up to 99% of the speed of light, but he would cause damage to himself and the environment if he did so.

Jyppe
How many times has he repeated this feat? If only once, then it might be PIS big grin
You know, Wolverine isn't the only one with PIS showings..

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Jyppe
How many times has he repeated this feat? If only once, then it might be PIS big grin
You know, Wolverine isn't the only one with PIS showings.. Which of them?

Jyppe
His hyper super duper flight speed.

King_Mungi
Mungi already said that his top speed in comics was mach 18.7.

No, Northstar ran mach 18.7, he easily flew escape velocity and actually can go 99% the speed of light. Namor can't touch him. He has also shown such great speeds he ran around an avalance stopping it and sending hundreds of tons of snow into the air.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King_Mungi
No, Northstar ran mach 18.7, he easily flew escape velocity and actually can go 99% the speed of light. Namor can't touch him. He has also shown such great speeds he ran around an avalance stopping it and sending hundreds of tons of snow into the air. Well then my argument still stands that Cyclops can peg Namor with his optic blast then.

King_Mungi
Also Aurora doesn't get credit, but here she is zig zagging between multiple lightening bolts

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_18.jpg

Also Cyclops tagged Northstar when he wasn't even fighting him, and at the time Northstar wasn't known as the fastest speedster just Quicksilver's equal. Cyclops even comments he is just as fast as Quicksilver.

Wolverine2006
Stops at #1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/fear_me/WolvievsNamor.jpg

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Stops at #1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/fear_me/WolvievsNamor.jpg but namors not dead is he?

riceroost
Originally posted by General Kon-El
but namors not dead is he? He would have been if US Agent hadn't showed up to save his ass.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Stops at #1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/fear_me/WolvievsNamor.jpg

Yeah thats not complete bullcrap or anything like that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jyppe
Guess what's really funny. in the X-men comic where Wolverine and cyclops go to Genosha to prevent Magneto from startting a war(Magneto have captured Charles too). and meanwhile Jean collects a X-men group from bunch of kids (including half invisibility boy, sunfire's syster, Dazzler, Northstar, some kind of mafia kid who's invulnerable and Magneto's ex-acolyte leader Cargyll or something)

Well anywayz to the point. When Magneto is battling with the kids. He tries to crush the mafia kid with his powers, he can't because of the kid's durability, then he throws the mafia kid in space and says something to Northstar "You're fast, but not as nearly fast as my son, but you can fly".. Eh? Who's faster, Quicksilver or Northstar?

Btw, this happens before the Xorn event. (Wolverine guts Magneto in the end of the comic)

King_Mungi
Guess what's really funny. in the X-men comic where Wolverine and cyclops go to Genosha to prevent Magneto from startting a war(Magneto have captured Charles too). and meanwhile Jean collects a X-men group from bunch of kids (including half invisibility boy, sunfire's syster, Dazzler, Northstar, some kind of mafia kid who's invulnerable and Magneto's ex-acolyte leader Cargyll or something)

Well anywayz to the point. When Magneto is battling with the kids. He tries to crush the mafia kid with his powers, he can't because of the kid's durability, then he throws the mafia kid in space and says something to Northstar "You're fast, but not as nearly fast as my son, but you can fly".. Eh? Who's faster, Quicksilver or Northstar?

Btw, this happens before the Xorn event. (Wolverine guts Magneto in the end of the comic)

Northstar, he can go 99% the speed of light, and has way more speed feats than Quicksilver it's almost embarassing. It's also funny that after Magneto stated that, Northstar flew escape velocity to save Paulie...a feat Quicksilver has never come close to doing.

DarkCrawler
His hyper super duper flight speed. I listed multiple examples of his flight speed. Lowest speed required to fly from San Francisco to Himalayas would be close to 598 MPH (in 23 hours). Seeing as they were in busy, I doubt that the Defenders were flying with lowest speed. I think that the lowest speed from US to Antartica in a day would be something like 300 MPH, but the same thing applies to this one.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by riceroost
He would have been if US Agent hadn't showed up to save his ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.