How Many?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
How many different ways are there to greet one another...both verbal and non-verbal......

This site attracts people from many different countries, er I think. So I figured it'd be interesting to see how many different greetings we can think of.....including different ways to sasy"hello"

Bonjour.....Aloha.....Hi...Hello....etc.

yerssot
goedendag, Ohla, Ave, Howdy,...

Gundark
Daywanawanga.

yerssot
I think that means "they want to talk" actually

LaurenE147
Salve or Slavete, depending on how many people there are. a salute means hi in sign language

Corran

mah
god dag, hallo

LaurenE147
ciao is goodbye

Bad Boy
Being Welsh I would say hello in Welsh, but I can't speak Welsh which is strange seeing I'm Welsh, but people who speak Welsh are usually rude and too Welsh anyway.

I'm just English-speaking South Welsh.

Corran
Ciao can be used for hello or Goodbye, ciao is also used in parts of Greece not just Italy.

Gundark
Greetings and Salutations !

LaurenE147
hey there

Julie
Does yo count?

Corran
It's a form of greeting so I'd say so, then wazzup would count too.

Dexx
i guess there's a form of greeting or goodbye in any language existing here on Earth...tribes included

LaurenE147
Kanichiwa

Captain REX
Ciao is like Aloha then.

I never knew Italian was used in Greece! I thought they spoke Greek!

mah
they do

yerssot
and what do you think they speak in Suisse?

Bespin Bart
Suissian? big grin

yerssot
far from perfect roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
I know you are. big grin

yerssot
ok, hotshot, you give it a try...

what language(s) is/are spoken in Suisse?

Corran
They do speak Greek in Greece, however, Ciao is used some areas of Greece as well as Italy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.