Alan Moore vs Jack Kirby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.O.T. Yahman
IM BACK !!!!!!!!!! Its good to be 'home' again .... missed you guys loads ... anyway who do think is the more creative writer ? smile

UniOmni
Moore is imo the better writer, by far. But Kirby had a vision that is crazy. Galactus(favorite character, bar none) and Surfer. Fantastic Four. The Eternals. Celestials.
The New Gods. His creations are second to none. Too bad, most of them have been relegated to Jobber Status, in recent history.

Alan Moore is the guy i'd love to write like, if i was of the following type. Much greater than Grant" Overrated"Morrison, at least imo. Squadron Supreme, The Watchmen. Dude has it. He has some more out there stuff, but so might not have any clue to what i referr, so i'll keep it relatively mainstream.

who?-kid
Alan Moore. I respect Kirby, but I almost worship Moore.

No competition.

grey fox
If you want a guy who can create Space-God's and genius's call for Kirby.

If you want an intricate story that slowly unfolds while gripping you , then Moores your man.

TheKahn
I think Moore is the more creative writer of the two while Kirby is the more creative creator, if that makes any sense.

Rick/Genis
IT does.

Kirby's got a CRAZY imagination

Whereas Moore has an AMAZING eye for storytelling.

ScarletSpider
I'm going to have to go with the King. Moore's a great writer and creator (although, Uni, he had nothing to do with Squadron Supreme) but I personally just think Jack did much more, and wasn't such a whiney *****.

Broly92
Kirby is classic
Moore is creative

grey fox
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I'm going to have to go with the King. Moore's a great writer and creator (although, Uni, he had nothing to do with Squadron Supreme) but I personally just think Jack did much more, and wasn't such a whiney *****.

Why whiney ?

Because DC ****ed with his rights ?

Because I'd certainly be pissed off if the company I was working for messed me around while I'm landing them millions.

Grimm22
There's a reason they call him Da King cool

Kirby bitchslaps the hairy bafoon wink

R.O.T. Yahman
What are Kirbys most famous stories (If there are any).

I hardly say Morisson is overated ! smile

who?-kid
Originally posted by Broly92
Kirby is classic
Moore is creative
Moore is creative AND classic. Watchmen / V for Vendetta are 20 years old, and people are still talking about it.

Kirby had a great influence on the Marvel universe. But Moore had a great influence on comics in general.

Grimm22
Without Kirby there wouldnt be comics no expression

Moore is a great storyteller but he is nowhere near Kirby's level

who?-kid
Originally posted by Grimm22
Without Kirby there wouldnt be comics no expression

Yes there would. Or did you think he invented comics ?

Grimm22
Originally posted by who?-kid
Yes there would. Or did you think he invented comics ?

Kirby didnt create heros or comics, but there would be no Marvel comics without Kirby no expression

Without Marvel comics, than comics would not have made it past the 60's and would have died shortly after. wink

who?-kid
Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows ?

UniOmni
Morrison is vastly overrated imo. Vastly.

Loot
Originally posted by who?-kid

Kirby had a great influence on the Marvel universe. But Moore had a great influence on comics in general.

indeed, Moore.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
Morrison is vastly overrated imo. Vastly.

Compared to whom ? .... i mean i can understand if youre more of a FRANK miller / Brian Bendis/Ennis fan whose more into realistic / edgy/ dark comics, but when its comes to the 'Fantastical' Morisson is second only to Moore, IMO. smile

UniOmni
Nah. Morrison doesn't deserve to be in the sentence with Moore. Morrison is good, but when he goes deep into the metaphorical/abstract, sometimes he's the only one who gets the vision.
And if you can't sell your vision, then you have nothing.
Morrison gets a b+ for the thought, but a c-/d+ in execution.

R.O.T. Yahman
Nah. Morrison doesn't deserve to be in the sentence with Moore. Morrison is good, but when he goes deep into the metaphorical/abstract, sometimes he's the only one who gets the vision.
And if you can't sell your vision, then you have nothing.
Morrison gets a b+ for the thought, but a c-/d+ in execution.

I'll admit some of his dialogue is a bit Mark Miller ish, but his storylines and concepts are truely Awe inspiring. smile

I mean Subway, Pirates ???????? How the **** did he come up withs stuff like that. laughing out loud

Juntai
lol Guardian, Yahman?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
lol Guardian, Yahman?

YeaH, 7 SOLDIERS. I've only got the 1st two trades so far, and although its sometimes a bit complicated, some of Morissons ideas are unvbelievable. Morisson is the type writers that kepp reading comics smile

Juntai
I picked up the issues one by one. Good story. What all does the first two trades cover?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
I picked up the issues one by one. Good story. What all does the first two trades cover?

Its covered all the S knight, and manhattan Guardian, we've had three editions of Zattana, and 3 of Witch boy. (I can't believe im saying this) That Sheeda chick is actually quite scary. I can't wait for the other tie ins, although i've heard the Mistser Miracle stuff isn't that great. smile

UniOmni
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
YeaH, 7 SOLDIERS. I've only got the 1st two trades so far, and although its sometimes a bit complicated, some of Morissons ideas are unvbelievable. Morisson is the type writers that kepp reading comics smile

Did you say he's the type of writer that keeps reading comics?? Or keeps people reading comics?

R.O.T. Yahman
Did you say he's the type of writer that keeps reading comics?? Or keeps people reading comics?

Sorry mate, i meant me. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.