Second Moderator for Unhosted RPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
i suggest a second moderator for Unhosted RPG forum, becuase Ush isn't on it enough so there are like month old idea's with lots of people that don't get approved and inappropriate threads that havent been closed, now i understand Ush has lots of responsibilities and other threads to moderate, so it's hard, so all i'm suggesting is a second moderator for Unhosted RPGs, maybe someone who is only on Unhosted RPGs, or mostly on Unhosted RPGs, please reply by giving Unhosted RPGs a second moderator

FG725
yes

Dusty
Who do you think would be the best choice for the position?

Ushgarak
You are moaning simply because:

a. I happen to be on holiday right now

and

b. You have had to wait a short amount of time for an idea to be judged, and it didn't get approved

Boo hoo. Good game planning takes weeks or months and the games themselves can take over a year. If you cannot wait for a short period of time then that is simply evidence that you aren't suitable to bring a game into play anyway.

I just took time out of my holiday this morning to update all relevant threads. There are absolutely no worthy game ideas being ignored. And if you think games are running illegally, report them. Other than that, just try to show a bit of patience, because a lack of patience is certainly something that leads to games simply not running.

D4th R3v4n
Originally posted by Ushgarak

and

b. You have had two weeks for an idea to be judged.

Boo hoo. Good game planning takes weeks or months and the games themselves can take over a year. If you cannot wait for a short period of time then that is simply evidence that you aren't suitable to bring a game into play anyway.

I just took time out of my holiday this morning to update all relevant threads. And if you think games are running illegally, report them. Other than that, just try to show a bit of patience, because a lack of patience is certainly something that leads to games simply not running.
yes

Ushgarak
The funny thing is, I didn't even reject the idea, but I commented that it was almost exactly the same as another Halo game being proposed at the same time, and that only one could go ahead. Preventing duplicate games is one of the main reasons the permission system exists. I know it is annoying when you have to wait, but in any grand sense the waiting period is very short.

FG725
The funny thing is, I didn't even reject the idea, but I commented that it was almost exactly the same as another Halo game being proposed at the same time, and that only one could go ahead. Preventing duplicate games is one of the main reasons the permission system exists. I know it is annoying when you have to wait, but in any grand sense the waiting period is very short.
why did you post the thing about his thread it has nothing to do with the point of this thread... What the f**k?

The big EH
The funny thing is, I didn't even reject the idea, but I commented that it was almost exactly the same as another Halo game being proposed at the same time, and that only one could go ahead. Preventing duplicate games is one of the main reasons the permission system exists. I know it is annoying when you have to wait, but in any grand sense the waiting period is very short. i must admit that was random and that has nothing to do with it and i understand the whole holiday thing but it would be nice to have two mods on unhosted RPG

Ushgarak
Of course it has something to do with it. It is just coincidence, is it, that you made this thread the moment your idea was not approved?

FG725
Of course it has something to do with it. It is just coincidence, is it, that you made this thread the moment your idea was not approved?
you shouldn't be falsly accusing people of stuff plenty of people were feeling the same way EH is right now......

The big EH
Of course it has something to do with it. It is just coincidence, is it, that you made this thread the moment your idea was not approved? my idea not getting approved has nothing to do with this, but thanks for accusing me thumbsup

Captain REX
I see no false accusations here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Chaos Master
Hum? Every one gets pissed of on this one...so lame...but yet it is very mind easeing...huh...

Dusty
I too, see no false accusations.

Tptmanno1
Fear Ush!
He shall eat your soul...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Personally, I think the system works well, the amount of games which do get the go ahead end up not working out anyway, so waiting is a test of the durability of the prospective users!

Barker
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Waiting is a test of the durability of the prospective users!
thumb up

Not that I go into the RP forums anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't even know why people ask for new moderators, I used to, then I reaised that moderating is a curse, who want's to chase after noob bashers, spammers and just plain idiots!

SpadeKing

and

b. You have had to wait a short amount of time for an idea to be judged, and it didn't get approved

I just took time out of my holiday this morning to update all relevant threads. There are absolutely no worthy game ideas being ignored. And if you think games are running illegally, report them. Other than that, just try to show a bit of patience, because a lack of patience is certainly something that leads to games simply not running.

hysterical go Ush mistw00t

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Dusty
Who do you think would be the best choice for the position?

I really think we should never let Mods be appointed due to popular opinion!

Syren
I don't think that's what Dusty meant, I think it's more about who we think would do the job the best, not who our fave members are smile

Grand_Moff_Gav
Oright I thought he was being slightly sarchastic and saying "And I guess you think your the poster best suited to the job" i was just putting it out there...into the fray of things...

Syren
I could be wrong wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
Never! fear

Syren
laughing

Anyway, we should really take ourselves back to the OTF if we're going to continue in this manner wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
laughing out loud To the OTF...

Syren
*marches*

Grand_Moff_Gav
On topic...I think we all have to enjoy the reverse psychology being employed by AC here

SpadeKing
I really think we should never let Mods be appointed due to popular opinion!

I think we should go by what some other sites do, asking for a moderator position should disqualify your chances of ever being a mod yes

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I think we should go by what some other sites do, asking for a moderator position should disqualify your chances of ever being a mod yes
I think that is Raz's policy...but every new member wishes to be a mod, then, as they become more experienced they realise it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Syren
But whether they realise or not is irrelevant, because they've already requested modship roll eyes (sarcastic) It's a vicious cycle.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Syren
But whether they realise or not is irrelevant, because they've already requested modship roll eyes (sarcastic) It's a vicious cycle.

And it's also a good one, better to have a few good ones than loads of ban-happy moderators!

SpadeKing
I think that is Raz's policy...but every new member wishes to be a mod, then, as they become more experienced they realise it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

no its not no especially if you're a global mod with dial-up glare

Originally posted by Syren

thats what EH is basically doing he created teh thread cause he wanted a mod that would accept his ideas and he probably thought since he made something about it it would get him the job

Grand_Moff_Gav
yeah, more than likely, I don't think two mods in the RP forum would work,

SpadeKing
yeah, more than likely, I don't think two mods in the RP forum would work,

especially two mods with a different attitude towards RPs

Syren
Originally posted by SpadeKing

thats what EH is basically doing he created teh thread cause he wanted a mod that would accept his ideas and he probably thought since he made something about it it would get him the job

I think that's exactly right yes

Grand_Moff_Gav
Then seeing as the three of us are agreed as to the purpose of this thread, we can then be in agreement that EH will never ever ever be a Mod....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.