You can't pop Jiffy Pop on a hot parking lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Tired Hiker-
Today at my news station, this reporter had the wonderful idea of cooking popcorn on the parking lot. She got one of those Jiffy Pop aluminum foil pan things and set it on the sidewalk. The popcorn never popped, as I said it wouldn't, but the photographer who had to shoot it almost died of heat exhaustion. Thankyou. no expression

hpfanizzledizzl
YOu're a genius eek!

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Today at my news station, this reporter had the wonderful idea of cooking popcorn on the parking lot. She got one of those Jiffy Pop aluminum foil pan things and set it on the sidewalk. The popcorn never popped, as I said it wouldn't, but the photographer who had to shoot it almost died of heat exhaustion. Thankyou. no expression thats the funniest thing Ive heard of all night... omg.... lol it hurts.

A.J
eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ladyluck
laughing

-Tired Hiker-
Yesterday we tried to fry the egg in a pan, on the sidewalk .. didn't work. The egg just evaporated a little, then turned hard. erm

silver_tears
My friend always burns it, but he insists on being the one to make it erm

Shelbert Lemon
Yesterday we tried to fry the egg in a pan, on the sidewalk .. didn't work. The egg just evaporated a little, then turned hard. erm is anyone eating this food or does it get canned? erm

silver_tears
Yesterday we tried to fry the egg in a pan, on the sidewalk .. didn't work. The egg just evaporated a little, then turned hard. erm

You don't use a pan, just the egg no expression

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by hpfanizzledizzl
YOu're a genius eek! homer

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by silver_tears
You don't use a pan, just the egg no expression

We were originally going to do it on the hood of a black car, but no one wanted to volunteer their car for it. I also recommended just throwing it on the street, but the whole idea was to be able to eat it . . . I guess some guy cooked a frozen pizza on the steet and then ate it last year.

A.J
laughing laughing

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
is anyone eating this food or does it get canned? erm

Our sports anchor pretended to eat the egg, right at the end of the show when we faded to black, but it got canned. As far as the papcorn goes . . . nobody knows! smile

Nazgulinthedark
Our sports anchor pretended to eat the egg, right at the end of the show when we faded to black, but it got canned. As far as the papcorn goes . . . nobody knows! smile

wussy sports man no expression

silver_tears
The black car idea's genius!

-Tired Hiker-
The black car idea's genius!

I guess it worked last year when it was like 120 degrees outside. Today it was only like 114 degrees. erm

silver_tears
Only blink **** me that's brutal

-Tired Hiker-
Only blink **** me that's brutal

But it's a dry heat. laughing I laugh, because that's what people always say around here when they complain about the heat, they go . . . . but it's a dry heat . . . then usually they roll their eyes.

Nazgulinthedark
Because humid heat is worse...much worse

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
Because humid heat is worse...much worse yes

silver_tears
Do you get a breeze at least?

Shelbert Lemon
But it's a dry heat. laughing I laugh, because that's what people always say around here when they complain about the heat, they go . . . . but it's a dry heat . . . then usually they roll their eyes. I live on the east coast as you know... its a wet heat... humid as hell .... I lived in El Paso TX once and realized the difference.... it was sooooo hot.... 116 was the highest it got there but let me tell you.... it made my nose bleed because my sinuses were drying out with that dry heat I wasnt used to. I will sooooo come visit you one day if you permit..... but only vist.. I prefer my humid wet heat embarrasment

Nazgulinthedark
never been out the dry heat areas, but anythings gotta be better than that horrible stickiness that you get for just stepping out your front door in the afternoon erm

silver_tears
I honestly dont go out before like 9 nowadays erm

Nazgulinthedark
i dont leave the air conditioning until the sun starts going down no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.