How I melt clouds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
Hi everyone!

I am busy training myself in 'pure intent', which is basically a way of purifying one's own mental intentions and will power. I know that you can do just about anything if you really want to and if you really believe in it. On the other hand, if you don't believe, doubt, or are sceptic about things that seem 'unscientific' and ilogical, then obviously you won't get the results. In short, what you believe becomes true and what you don't believe in, doesn't.

I have just melted, erased or evaporated my first puffs of clouds in the sky! Next I will take on spoon bending. I honestly got a few small clouds to evaporate into thin air simply by sending my love to it and warming it's water to the extent that it evaporates. It works as follows: You target any specific cloud in the sky, lock your vision onto it, and then concentrate (not too hard) on it and 'love and thank the cloud', it will start to melt away in a few minutes. Try it for your self. But remember, if you doubt the possibility in the slightest, or think it's impossible, then it won't happen. Believe in it and it will happen!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Wonderer
Next I will take on spoon bending.

Like that's hard? no expression

Wonderer
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Like that's hard? no expression

I meant bending a spoon with my mind - not using my hands or anything else for that matter, but using my thoughts...

bogen
as far as i know projecting ones intentions on to unanimut objects is either impossible of VERY hard to do.

i understand the potential of the mind to do strange, wonderful and unforseen things but i have always been sceptical.

In my world you can control your body absoluly with the use of your mind, ignor pain, push harder than normal and have super strength. These are the things i know and understand now i ask you, can you explain futher so that i may understand.

Wonderer
There are other people also doing this: http://www.cyberphysiology.com/spoon_bending.asp

Wonderer
Originally posted by bogen
as far as i know projecting ones intentions on to unanimut objects is either impossible of VERY hard to do.

i understand the potential of the mind to do strange, wonderful and unforseen things but i have always been sceptical.

In my world you can control your body absoluly with the use of your mind, ignor pain, push harder than normal and have super strength. These are the things i know and understand now i ask you, can you explain futher so that i may understand.

Sure. You see, if you can control your own body with your mind, then you can extend that control onto your immediate surroundings. All you do is to let the energy flow from you body, onto external objects. So, instead of keeping your energy inside your body, you simply let it flow over onto outside objects. Simple. But if you are sceptical it won't work. You have to believe.

If you think about it, thoughts are what makes the world today what it is. We all live and act according to our thoughts.

Thoughts manifest into deeds and actions. There's nothing mystical about it. It's all natural.

Quiero Mota
I meant bending a spoon with my mind - not using my hands or anything else for that matter, but using my thoughts...

Good luck with that, and don't forget to use the Force! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wonderer
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Good luck with that, and don't forget to use the Force! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks. But it's not about luck, rather it's about belief in yourself. I will upload a photo of the spoon once I bent it.

bogen
Sure. You see, if you can control your own body with your mind, then you can extend that control onto your immediate surroundings. All you do is to let the energy flow from you body, onto external objects. So, instead of keeping your energy inside your body, you simply let it flow over onto outside objects. Simple. But if you are sceptical it won't work. You have to believe.

If you think about it, thoughts are what makes the world today what it is. We all live and act according to our thoughts.

Thoughts manifest into deeds and actions. There's nothing mystical about it. It's all natural.

interesting no doubt, ill do abit more reading on it.

Wonderer
Originally posted by bogen
interesting no doubt, ill do abit more reading on it.

Yup, it's so interesting, it will change your life, my friend. If you want to do something, just apply your will power and belief. And may I suggest you also try it? Start with those 'small' clouds, it's really amazing. smile

Wonderer
Also, consider this:

Capt_Fantastic
Wait a minute! WTF are you going on about? You "melted clouds"?

Are you kidding me? Even if you could, why would you?

NineCoronas
There is no spoon.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by NineCoronas
There is no spoon.

AHHHH! that's right!

NineCoronas
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
AHHHH! that's right! I was surprised no one said that. messed

Capt_Fantastic
I was surprised no one said that. messed

Maybe no one else thought of it.

Wonderer
I'm not kidding about this, I'm really serious. I did melt a couple of small looking clouds in the sky this morning - it takes a couple of minutes though, so I had to stop before I got to the biger ones as they would take a whole lot longer. I don't think I'm crazy or something. I really, honestly saw in front of my own eyes how I make those clouds dissappear.

I will let you guys know how the spoon bending is comming on.

Look, I used to be a very scientifically oriented, atheist until about 6 months ago. But nowadays, I'm more open minded and I'm starting to believe in the infinite possibilities of the power of the mind.

NineCoronas
Maybe no one else thought of it. I'm a Matrix buff and I just watched it. laughing out loud Maybe that's why.

Wonderer
I'm a Matrix buff and I just watched it. laughing out loud Maybe that's why.
So, you saw the spoon bending kid in the Matrix, right? It's all about bending yourself, then your energy extends to the spoon and you can actually do it.

NineCoronas
Mind over matter... interesting concept.

Wonderer
Mind over matter... interesting concept.

You see, people are confused: It's not Mind over Matter, but Matter over Matter, or Mind over Mind. Your mind is Matter, so there's no problem, except that people are under the illusion that that there's a distinction and barrier where there isn't.

It's about conquering yourself, not the object or problem, but yourself.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you truly love and are thankful for the little fluffy cloud, then why the hell would you want to vaporize the bugger? Seems a little contradictory if you ask me...'Love the cloud, kill the cloud.'

"KILL THAT F*CKING CLOUD! DIE, CLOUD! DIE! BIIITCH!"

Wonderer
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you truly love and are thankful for the little fluffy cloud, then why the hell would you want to vaporize the bugger? Seems a little contradictory if you ask me...'Love the cloud, kill the cloud.'

"KILL THAT F*CKING CLOUD! DIE, CLOUD! DIE! BIIITCH!"
No, you see, you don't actually kill it, rather, you assimilate it and make it part of you. But yes, too much love can kill.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
No, you see, you don't actually kill it, rather, you assimilate it and make it part of you. But yes, too much love can kill.

That's not what you said in your initial post. You used the words 'melted', 'erased' and 'evaporated'. If I was a cloud, anyone wishing me to experience any of those actions would not be thought of as a person with a lot of love.

Perhaps, those clouds haven't actually melted, but rather your head is in them, so you don't see them any more...Seems a little more plausible.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's not what you said in your initial post. You used the words 'melted', 'erased' and 'evaporated'. If I was a cloud, anyone wishing me to experience any of those actions would not be thought of as a person with a lot of love.

Perhaps, those clouds haven't actually melted, but rather your head is in them, so you don't see them any more...Seems a little more plausible.
Sorta like being in love, right? Just be careful, too much frivolicity can kill... rolling on floor laughing

PVS
i can melt ice cubes.
if i stare at one really intensley over a long period of time, they melt.

also if im stopped at a red light i can make it turn green...eventually

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sounds like you have a talent there, PVS. Show the world, sell tickets and milk it like a mofo.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i can melt ice cubes.
if i stare at one really intensley over a long period of time, they melt.

also if im stopped at a red light i can make it turn green...eventually
Pff, that's nothing..I can make the sun rise....and when I look it up on the Internet I also know when I can do that.

Wonderer
Yeah, yeah, keep on joking. I'm being serious. I know clouds evaporate by themselves naturally in a couple of hours, but I was able to evaporate a couple of small ones in a matter of seconds.

Bardock42
So....and do you think everyone has this...gift...or is it jsut some people?

debbiejo
I've heard of other people doing this also..ie melting clouds...........I also believe in the power of Intention......It is also called "The Law of Attraction" I've spoken about in the RF....It also goes along with quantum and metaphysics....It is quite cool that we are part of creation and are also creators.............I've used to some extent myself with healings and such.......It's a learned thing that anybody can do......It's that we are all ENERGY thingie again.... cool

Wonderer
Originally posted by Bardock42
So....and do you think everyone has this...gift...or is it jsut some people?

Everyone can do it. This is not a special gift, it's universal. BUT you must believe in it's possibility and not be sceptical about it. When you really convinced yourself of the possibility of the transfer of mental energy then give it a try. Anyone can do it.

Bardock42
Everyone can do it. This is not a special gift, it's universal. BUT you must believe in it's possibility and not be sceptical about it. When you really convinced yourself of the possibility of the transfer of mental energy then give it a try. Anyone can do it.

Well, I'm too skeptical, that won't work for me. But, why does no one show that on TV or something then?

debbiejo
Well, I'm too skeptical, that won't work for me. But, why does no one show that on TV or something then? It has been shown in healings in China........I had mentioned before about a women who had a tumor was healed by 2 mean just laying their hands over her......not even on her......there were all kinds of equipment and ultrasound devices inside her.......Their power of intention made the tumor disappear..........This was on the Science or Discovery Channel..

Wonderer
Well, I'm too skeptical, that won't work for me. But, why does no one show that on TV or something then?

Never saw or heard of Uri Geller?

Bardock42
Never saw or heard of Uri Geller?

Yeah, bends Spoons, I've never seen him melt clouds though.

debbiejo
Intention IS intention.........It can be used for many things........

Inspectah Deck
Hi everyone!

I am busy training myself in 'pure intent', which is basically a way of purifying one's own mental intentions and will power. I know that you can do just about anything if you really want to and if you really believe in it. On the other hand, if you don't believe, doubt, or are sceptic about things that seem 'unscientific' and ilogical, then obviously you won't get the results. In short, what you believe becomes true and what you don't believe in, doesn't.

I have just melted, erased or evaporated my first puffs of clouds in the sky! Next I will take on spoon bending. I honestly got a few small clouds to evaporate into thin air simply by sending my love to it and warming it's water to the extent that it evaporates. It works as follows: You target any specific cloud in the sky, lock your vision onto it, and then concentrate (not too hard) on it and 'love and thank the cloud', it will start to melt away in a few minutes. Try it for your self. But remember, if you doubt the possibility in the slightest, or think it's impossible, then it won't happen. Believe in it and it will happen!

That's nice.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
That's nice.

Ok, that's good. SO, have you tried it? Anyone can do it.

Wonderer
Yeah, bends Spoons, I've never seen him melt clouds though.

Trust me, it's easier melting a cloud than bending a spoon...and easier to show on tv.

Bardock42
Trust me, it's easier melting a cloud than bending a spoon...and easier to show on tv.

Melting a Cloud is what I'd like to see though.

Wonderer
Melting a Cloud is what I'd like to see though.
Well then, go for it: pick a smallish puff of cloud in the sky that you've been eyeing for a few minutes and that you can see is not going to evaporate naturally in the next few minutes, then concentrate on it for a minute or two or three and make it dissappear into thin air.

Here's the process:

1. Identify your cloud.
2. Fix your eyes on it.
3. Tell the cloud you love it and you are thankful for it's existence.
4. Repeat point 3 above a couple of times while looking at the cloud.
5. Tell yourself and envision that the cloud is busy evaporating.
6. Tell yourself and envision that the cloud has evaporated.
7. Thank the cloud.

The cloud should be gone.

PVS
Well then, go for it: pick a smallish puff of cloud in the sky that you've been eyeing for a few minutes and that you can see is not going to evaporate naturally in the next few minutes, then concentrate on it for a minute or two or three and make it dissappear into thin air.

Here's the process:

1. Identify your cloud.
2. Fix your eyes on it.
7. Thank the cloud.

The cloud should be gone.

no no, you skipped the original step 1: drop acid

Wonderer
Originally posted by PVS
no no, you skipped the original step 1: drop acid
You sure won't melt a cloud with that attitude, dude!

Shakyamunison
eek! I'm not even going to post on this thread. eek!

However, I have to agree with PVS ( mad ), acid will melt clouds, and walls and trees and people too.

I guess I lied, I did post on this thread. big grin

debbiejo
^^^ laughing out loud laughing out loud

What you have to do is imagine ALREADY BEING DONE........for it to happen........It's a lot of visualisation......the more precise you can be in it.....the better the results ........If you can even throw in some of your 5 senses........it works even better.......

NineCoronas
You sure won't melt a cloud with that attitude, dude! laughing out loud

Jonathan Mark
My Uncle claims he can do this...

He's also a known drug addict.

debbiejo
They are special people too....... whistle

tegeen
I did that once and saw mom had her "I-saw-dead-people" look on me..

.:Space Opera:.
"I honestly got a few small clouds to evaporate into thin air simply by sending my love to it and warming it's water to the extent that it evaporates"

ummm, you cant evaporate something thats already evaporated...

Wonderer
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
"I honestly got a few small clouds to evaporate into thin air simply by sending my love to it and warming it's water to the extent that it evaporates"

ummm, you cant evaporate something thats already evaporated...

Who's keeping you in the dark and feeding you shit, mushroom?

Who's keeping you in the dark and feeding you shit, mushroom?

my school teachers...

Capt_Fantastic
Look. by all means, record yourself disolving a cloud with these mental powers and we'll stop harrassing.

Wonderer
Look. by all means, record yourself disolving a cloud with these mental powers and we'll stop harrassing.
Ok, did you see that cloud up there? No? Well, that's because I dissolved it! Ha! Happy Dance

Wonderer
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
my school teachers...

Yup, as Einstein said: Education is what remains when you take away everything you were taught in school.

heh, thats ironic.

Wonderer
I know you can't evaporate something that's already evaporated - I meant erase, or melting the cloud away. That's what my eyes saw, I don't know though if the cloud actually did dissappear on my account.

Soleran
oh brother

debbiejo
Ok, did you see that cloud up there? No? Well, that's because I dissolved it! Ha! Happy Dance laughing out loud

xmarksthespot

Here's the process:

1. Identify your cloud.
2. Fix your eyes on it.
7. Thank the cloud.

The cloud should be gone. Why are thanking the cloud if it's gone...?

... why are you thanking a cloud at all?

Staring at the sun increases risk of cataract formation.

debbiejo
You thank the cloud because you love the cloud..........It's that simple......

xmarksthespot
Sorry, I just talked to science and science says, "No."

Wonderer
Originally posted by debbiejo
You thank the cloud because you love the cloud..........It's that simple......

Yes, exactly. Human should have more love and respect for nature. I work in a city where there's no fresh air - humans are really killing the peace, tranquility and beauty in nature.

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Sorry, I just talked to science and science says, "No."

Actually, Science cannot prove me wrong.

xmarksthespot
Actually, Science cannot prove me wrong. no expression Psychiatry probably could.

Wonderer
no expression Psychiatry probably could.

rolling on floor laughing Good one! You're probably right, but remember, Psychiatry is a mind game, so is life. That's why I said, I couldn't be sure if the cloud did actually dissappear, or if it only seemd so.

xmarksthespot
It probably did disappear. But I'm skeptical as to whether you melted it.

Wonderer
It probably did disappear. But I'm skeptical as to whether you melted it.
You don't think I'm that powerful? cool

Don't you think it's possible that my energy can be transfered to a cloud ot any other object for that mattered, by a mere act of will? Have you ever felt when someone stared at you wit your back turned to them?

I don't know for sure, but just maybe it's possible. Maybe some particles or waves on the subatomic level are triggered when sufficient mental concentration is generated, thereby enabling a special (yet Scientific) travelling of energy particles. What do you think?

xmarksthespot
Cognito, ergo sum.

Bardock42
Cognito, ergo sum.

Hmm, I don't get that...

xmarksthespot
It's elementary, my dear Bardock.

droolio

Wonderer
Cognito, ergo sum.

Kant allready undermined Cartesian consciousness. The existence of a thinking thing, the reference of the "I", is more than the cogito can justify.

botankus
* searches for LSD thread and can only find thread called "Drugs." *

debbiejo
You don't think I'm that powerful? cool

Don't you think it's possible that my energy can be transfered to a cloud ot any other object for that mattered, by a mere act of will? Have you ever felt when someone stared at you wit your back turned to them? Yep.........I do it to people all the time too...just for the fun of it....I even make people change lanes to get out my way......Or turn their damn blinkers off....

Yep......

confused laughing out loud

Wonderer
Deb, you've got an open mind. Great stuff!

Shakyamunison
Deb, you've got an open mind. Great stuff!

Yes, she dose. stick out tongue

She just has to be careful not to let your brain fall out. evil face laughing jk

debbiejo
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah, but you love me. stick out tongue laughing

Bardock42
It's elementary, my dear Bardock.

droolio

I missed my chance of being an *******, didn't I?

Wonderer
Ok, so, I melted a big one today, do you guys think I'll be able to sell a video recording of where I do my cloud melting for a lot of money?

Eis
If you have it I'd love to see it and how is the spoon bending going? Bending...Spoon... "Oz" flashbacks.

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yes, she dose. stick out tongue

She just has to be careful not to let your brain fall out. evil face laughing jk

laughing out loud

debbiejo
Ok, so, I melted a big one today, do you guys think I'll be able to sell a video recording of where I do my cloud melting for a lot of money? A big one!! laughing out loud

Was it a Cumulus???...........yes, I think you should post a pic next time.....yes...........Or a video clip..........

Mindship
Don't you think it's possible that my energy can be transfered to a cloud ot any other object for that mattered, by a mere act of will? Have you ever felt when someone stared at you wit your back turned to them?

I don't know for sure, but just maybe it's possible. Maybe some particles or waves on the subatomic level are triggered when sufficient mental concentration is generated, thereby enabling a special (yet Scientific) travelling of energy particles. What do you think?

Food for thought...

Though we tend to think of "mind over matter," will may be a more accurate way to look at this.

As I see it, "mind" is an information-processing, symbol-using agency, whose most common form in human beings is inner dialogue/inner cinema. When I lift my arm, I don't think/envision first "Arm, rise." It occurs as an act of will, a tacit/nonverbal action on my part (which may/may not be accompanied by an incidental thought--and certainly thoughts can be used to focus will).

Esoteric literature sees will controlling our bodies but not necessarily limited to our bodies; it just seems that way and behaves that way because of immediate survival advantages in the physical world. But if one is able to extend will beyond what we think of as our physical boundaries, then affecting clouds (or water wink or spoons) becomes more understandable (again, according to esoteric literature).

An excellent way to experience this "in simulation" is through lucid dreaming. Extending will beyond the boundaries of the dream-body is a rather doable affair.

I would also tend to interpret this extension of will more along the lines of quantum mechanics (perhaps as an awareness of quantum wavefunctions, influencing probabilities) rather than in a classical/Newtonian fashion (energy/particles flying from point A to point B). This would be more consistent with results from PK experiments done since the 1920s at Duke University, where it was demonstrated (statistically, if nothing else) that physical parameters (eg, mass, size, shape) were Not determining factors in PK success, this being more consistent with a nonclassical interpretation of what was going on (and again, putting aside for the moment statistical flukes).

Wonderer
Originally posted by Mindship
Food for thought...

Though we tend to think of "mind over matter," will may be a more accurate way to look at this.

As I see it, "mind" is an information-processing, symbol-using agency, whose most common form in human beings is inner dialogue/inner cinema. When I lift my arm, I don't think/envision first "Arm, rise." It occurs as an act of will, a tacit/nonverbal action on my part (which may/may not be accompanied by an incidental thought--and certainly thoughts can be used to focus will).

Esoteric literature sees will controlling our bodies but not necessarily limited to our bodies; it just seems that way and behaves that way because of immediate survival advantages in the physical world. But if one is able to extend will beyond what we think of as our physical boundaries, then affecting clouds (or water wink or spoons) becomes more understandable (again, according to esoteric literature).

An excellent way to experience this "in simulation" is through lucid dreaming. Extending will beyond the boundaries of the dream-body is a rather doable affair.

I would also tend to interpret this extension of will more along the ....
Ok, thanks for your elaborate explanation. wink But your stance is not clear now - are you permitting PK from any point of view, or not?

Mindship
I know enough to realize that "there is more to heaven and earth than is dreamt of in philosophy." Generally, I do not discount a phenomenon on principle.

On the other hand, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Neither do I accept without critical assessment.

Wonderer
I know enough to realize that "there is more to heaven and earth than is dreamt of in philosophy." Generally, I do not discount a phenomenon on principle.

On the other hand, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Neither do I accept without critical assessment.
You are casting my claim as extraordinary from what condition?

Mindship
Uncommon; not widely/readily accepted by the scientific community; not as demonstrable as going to McDonalds and ordering a cheeseberger; not without alternative explanations.

Why do you see your claim as ordinary? I mean, even you must see it as unusual, otherwise why explain...

"I know that you can do just about anything if you really want to and if you really believe in it. On the other hand, if you don't believe, doubt, or are sceptic about things that seem 'unscientific' and ilogical, then obviously you won't get the results. In short, what you believe becomes true and what you don't believe in, doesn't."

Your statement sounds almost apologetic, certainly anticipatory of those who would disagree or not accept. Implicit in your opening statement is a keen awareness that this is not "business as usual."

Wonderer
Uncommon; not widely/readily accepted by the scientific community; not as demonstrable as going to McDonalds and ordering a cheeseberger; not without alternative explanations.

Why do you see your claim as ordinary? I mean, even you must see it as unusual, otherwise why explain...

"I know that you can do just about anything if you really want to and if you really believe in it. On the other hand, if you don't believe, doubt, or are sceptic about things that seem 'unscientific' and ilogical, then obviously you won't get the results. In short, what you believe becomes true and what you don't believe in, doesn't."

Your statement sounds almost apologetic, certainly anticipatory of those who would disagree or not accept. Implicit in your opening statement is a keen awareness that this is not "business as usual."
Yeah, yeah, Ok, you got me there! Don't be so Socratic. Would you believe it if you saw it? Or if you yourself could perform this unusual action? Or would you doubt it even if you stand witness?

Mindship
Would you believe it if you saw it?
Provided it could be demonstrated repeatedly, with other variables accounted for: u betcha.

Or if you yourself could perform this unusual action? Not only would I be quite the happy lad ("Take that, you strict empiricists!"wink, but I wouldn't even be entirely surprised.

(p.s. I'm not sure if "Socratic" is the right term--though thanks for the thought--as the Socratic Method, at least, involved teaching by asking questions such that students draw their own--hopefully accurate--conclusions. "Thorough," perhaps. Hey, what can I say? I'm a tough sell.)

BlackC@
Pffft! Like telekinesis is that hard...

Bardock42
Originally posted by BlackC@
Pffft! Like telekinesis is that hard...

I guess that's why I see people running around the streets moving whatever comes into there way with the power of mind...no wait, that doesn't happen.

Let me guess, your telekinesis experiment is usually holding a pendulum and trying to move it? I am sure it's not the hand that holds it that does the moving.

jaden101
imagine all these people not believing spoons can be bent with the power of the mind

i mean...just look at this video...it's quite obviously the real deal...look...see?...of course...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8846263069740731563&q=telekinesis

Wonderer
Provided it could be demonstrated repeatedly, with other variables accounted for: u betcha.

Not only would I be quite the happy lad ("Take that, you strict empiricists!"wink, but I wouldn't even be entirely surprised.

(p.s. I'm not sure if "Socratic" is the right term--though thanks for the thought--as the Socratic Method, at least, involved teaching by asking questions such that students draw their own--hopefully accurate--conclusions. "Thorough," perhaps. Hey, what can I say? I'm a tough sell.)
Ok, good enough. Now, would you try bending a spoon with your mind, in order to test Telekinesis? Or would such an attempt exceed your willingness to be ridiculed by those super rational empiricists?

LethalFemme
no expression Psychiatry probably could.

I love the fact that I can always count on you to make a statement. It makes my life so much easier.

Mindship
Ok, good enough. Now, would you try bending a spoon with your mind, in order to test Telekinesis? Or would such an attempt exceed your willingness to be ridiculed by those super rational empiricists?

Easy, my friend. What super rational empiricists think is of minimal consequence to me, other than the mental exercise they provide in the course of debate and discussion (and yes, I might learn a thing or two from such discourse). Plus, you assume I have had no exposure whatsoever to these "psychic" phenomena, which is untrue (that may be my fault because of how I've worded things in responding to your prior posts). I do not actively pursue them--as you apparently do--or grant them much importance for the reason noted below. Plus, I am also wary of those who claim extraordinary abilities (I'm speaking generally now) because of the potential for wish-fulfillment at the least, taking advantage of others at the most.

(Perhaps I should also have mentioned that I have many, many years practice with both lucid dreaming and meditation, as well as studying mystical literature--Buddhist and otherwise--quantum mechanics and cosmology.)

The reason I do not actively pursue these abilities is because such pursuit is not deemed constructive. Psychic/astral "powers" (called, for example, siddhis in Yogic meditation), are to be regarded as signposts, that one is on the right path. But they are not to be pursued because one then identifies with them...and I believe you are aware that detachment is one of the key elements to successfully following The Path. If they happen, they happen. If not, then so be it. Regardless, they are not the point. I do not need to be convinced that they Can happen, only when someone says they Are happening: then I raise a critical brow and say, "Show me."

It is good that you are making these discoveries for yourself. I, personally, prefer a more critical approach, but that's me. Many colors make a rainbow, and I wish you great success in exploring, what I feel is truly, the Final Frontier.

Wonderer
Easy, my friend. What super rational empiricists think is of minimal consequence to me, other than the mental exercise they provide in the course of debate and discussion (and yes, I might learn a thing or two from such discourse). Plus, you assume I have had no exposure whatsoever to these "psychic" phenomena, which is untrue (that may be my fault because of how I've worded things in responding to your prior posts). I do not actively pursue them--as you apparently do--or grant them much importance for the reason noted below. Plus, I am also wary of those who claim extraordinary abilities (I'm speaking generally now) because of the potential for wish-fulfillment at the least, taking advantage of others at the most.
(Perhaps I should also have mentioned that I have many, many years practice with both lucid dreaming and meditation, as well as studying mystical literature--Buddhist and otherwise--quantum mechanics and cosmology.)The reason I do not actively pursue these abilities is because such pursuit is not deemed constructive. Psychic/astral "powers" (called, for example, siddhis in Yogic meditation), are to be regarded as signposts, that one is on the right path. .... If not, then so be it. Regardless, they are not the point. ..., "Show me."It is good that you are making these discoveries for yourself. I, personally, prefer a more critical approach, but that's me. Many colors make a rainbow, and I wish you great success in exploring, what I feel is truly, the Final Frontier. You are truly an eloquent speaker (writer?) and bring fond memories to me of the days I used to read Plato's dialogues. Generally, I do follow the rules of conduct that you mention a propos the exploration of spiritual experiences and the value you apply to them, however, I am also an experiential philosopher who employes the utility of impersonating the object or subject in question, parallel to employing rational enquiry. Thus, I would first of all rationalise and reason the logic of the proposition prior to also experiencing it, in order to have as many as possible references available towards the proposition's value.

LethalFemme
*melts clouds*

done and done ermm

Mindship
You are truly an eloquent speaker (writer?) and bring fond memories to me of the days I used to read Plato's dialogues. Generally, I do follow the rules of conduct that you mention a propos the exploration of spiritual experiences and the value you apply to them, however, I am also an experiential philosopher who employes the utility of impersonating the object or subject in question, parallel to employing rational enquiry. Thus, I would first of all rationalise and reason the logic of the proposition prior to also experiencing it, in order to have as many as possible references available towards the proposition's value.

Once more... cheers

Wonderer
Once more... cheers
Yes, I agree. Are you offering me a beer?

Mindship
Could be any drink wink but this was the only 'cheers' / 'toast' I could find.

Wonderer
Could be any drink wink but this was the only 'cheers' / 'toast' I could find.
A beer would be nice, thanks. When you visit me here on the tip of Africa, I will offer you a glass of the Cape Winelands' finest red wine.

Back on topic again - how's the weather up there (well, I don't know where you are located - probably is no location, as Quantum requires a dicey God)? If it's too overcast to your liking, just let me or your local cloud melter know.

Mindship
laughing out loud

Well, here in the world's #1 Terrorist Target -- New York City -- as the weather people like to chirp almost every day: "Hot, hazy, humid, with chance of afternoon thunderstorm." Though I would imagine that "hot" takes on a whole new meaning where you are.

In any event, if someone is melting clouds here, right now they are doing a damn fine job.

Wonderer
laughing out loud

Well, here in the world's #1 Terrorist Target -- New York City -- as the weather people like to chirp almost every day: "Hot, hazy, humid, with chance of afternoon thunderstorm." Though I would imagine that "hot" takes on a whole new meaning where you are.
Oh, yes, the African Sun can kill!

:In any event, if someone is melting clouds here, right now they are doing a damn fine job.
I'll take that as a compliment. Sycophancy will get you everywhere. wink

Pandemoniac
I'm not kidding about this, I'm really serious. I did melt a couple of small looking clouds in the sky this morning - it takes a couple of minutes though, so I had to stop before I got to the biger ones as they would take a whole lot longer. I don't think I'm crazy or something. I really, honestly saw in front of my own eyes how I make those clouds dissappear.

Those were probalby just smoke-puffs from your hash-pipe being blown away in the wind

Imperial_Samura

But why would one want to get rid of clouds? They are a vital part of the precipitation cycle...

Wonderer
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Those were probalby just smoke-puffs from your hash-pipe being blown away in the wind
rolling on floor laughing Good one!

The Black Ghost
Maybe he should try melting Kim Jong Il next and do something useful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.