Get Rid of The VS Forums Petition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
These VS forum are a complete Waste, its just a way for people to post 4 threads every day without getting in trouble for spamming. Its a waste and most of the shit in there is ridicules, I Say we get rid of these useless forums.

These Vs Forums make KMC look bad, even worse then the OTF does. They usually last like 20 posts to the max, and if we wanted a serious one like Superman vs Lex Luther, we could post it in a Comic book forum or such. But these Stupid Gaming ones and comic ones people are coming up with are a disgrace.

Anyone who agrees, Vote here and sign your Freaking name!

vincent

Mei Amor
-Signed Mei Amor (NineCoronas).

Spartan005
Well... they might be stupid, but people actually post in there for fun. And you can't say that it makes KMC look bad when the only damn thing people think about in here is "SEX"

*cough*Vinny*cough*

Barker
Barker smart

Mei Amor
Originally posted by Spartan005
Well... they might be stupid, but people actually post in there for fun. And you can't say that it makes KMC look bad when the only damn thing people think about in here is "SEX"

*cough*Vinny*cough* Vinny makes as much sex threads as he does anyone else. He makes far more useful threads. LIke this one.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Mei Amor
Vinny makes as much sex threads as he does anyone else. He makes far more useful threads. LIke this one.

Yeah, I know... its just that usually most of his posts have some comment regarding sex.

For example "Lets give Vinny a blowjob" at the end of his movie no expression

Mei Amor
Yeah, I know... its just that usually most of his posts have some comment regarding sex.

For example "Lets give Vinny a blowjob" at the end of his movie no expression *shrug*

Vinny Valentine

For example "Lets give Vinny a blowjob" at the end of his movie no expression

Who Gives a shit erm

Spartan005
I still love you, Vinny no expression

Leo.M
no expression

Cyric Blackstar
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7045/sign5uy.png

Yes that's my signature...

A.J
hell no vs comic is the biggest its always active **** that, no way are we getting rid of vs

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by A.J
hell no vs comic is the biggest its always active **** that, no way are we getting rid of vs

Actually, the OTF is the biggest.

A.J
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Actually, the OTF is the biggest. either, comic is always active non stop but this isnt at times

Nazgulinthedark
What's "VS"? confused

...just to know before I vote

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by A.J
either, comic is always active non stop but this isnt at times

But All it is Is Threads up to 20 Posts.

They have no right to be around.

taft
barker taft smart ermm

Vinny Valentine
hmm

Captain REX
Kill them good. w00t

Cyric Blackstar
Originally posted by Captain REX
Kill them good. w00t

Vinny Valentine
Cyric, Is it just me, or are you stealing other peoples Sigs... ?

Like , you have a new one with a different persons name EVERY day ?

Cyric Blackstar
Cyric, Is it just me, or are you stealing other peoples Sigs... ?

Like , you have a new one with a different persons name EVERY day ?
*sigh*

No I am not stealing people sigs. I make a new sigs almost every day it's a hobby of mine.

Plus I'm waiting for my change to Arcana, at first I thought I would go with Cryic Blackstar, but I decided Arcana would fit me better.

EDIT: It's me JM.

Captain REX
Lies! no expression

Cyric Blackstar
Lies! no expression
O rly?

Vinny Valentine
Lies! no expression

No Wai.

Cyric Blackstar
Yea Raz must be like "make up your mind damnit!" Changing my username twice in two days.

The Pict
the comic book versus forum is almost always the most active forum. and how does it make KMC look bad? people who post on those forums do it because they are interested in the topics. plus there is alot of ridicule on the OTF but no one is suggesting we shut it down.

Dregh2
Originally posted by Cyric Blackstar
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7045/sign5uy.png

Yes that's my signature...

'MFG, you're so cool

Dregh2, but what does VS mean?

Cyric Blackstar
Originally posted by Dregh2
'MFG, you're so cool

Dregh2, but what does VS mean?
I'm cool? Uh how so?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Barker
Originally posted by The Pict
the comic book versus forum is almost always the most active forum. and how does it make KMC look bad? people who post on those forums do it because they are interested in the topics. plus there is alot of ridicule on the OTF but no one is suggesting we shut it down.
Somehow, you all seem to think you're better because you think you know who would win between Wolverine and Anakin in a Battle in Metropolis. no expression

From what I've heard, fights Spew a lot, and a majority of People banned because of those Forums Sock.

The Pict
Originally posted by Barker
Somehow, you all seem to think you're better because you think you know who would win between Wolverine and Anakin in a Battle in Metropolis. no expression

From what I've heard, fights Spew a lot, and a majority of People banned because of those Forums Sock.

whoa wait a second mate, when did i say i thought i was "better?" i was posting my opinion which is that people go there to debate about things they are interested in. sure sometimes things get out of hand but that happens in every single forum. plus why don't you go there first instead of making judgements about what you have "heard" of.

Mei Amor
whoa wait a second mate, when did i say i thought i was "better?" i was posting my opinion which is that people go there to debate about things they are interested in. sure sometimes things get out of hand but that happens in every single forum. plus why don't you go there first instead of making judgements about what you have "heard" of. Thinking and saying were two different things last time I checked. *Thinking smiley here*

Hotpants
I've never been there

but i voted for whatever vinny voted for to keep is bitching at bay.

Cyric Blackstar
whoa wait a second mate, when did i say i thought i was "better?" i was posting my opinion which is that people go there to debate about things they are interested in. sure sometimes things get out of hand but that happens in every single forum. plus why don't you go there first instead of making judgements about what you "heard" of.

He's referring to the Antediluvians...

Barker
whoa wait a second mate, when did i say i thought i was "better?" i was posting my opinion which is that people go there to debate about things they are interested in. sure sometimes things get out of hand but that happens in every single forum. plus why don't you go there first instead of making judgements about what you have "heard" of.
I said 'You All Seem to think that' , not 'You said you were'.

I've been to all of the Forums, and I've seen the Carnage too.

Uprisings against Mods in the SWVF? What the f**k?

And yes, I've seen First-Hand, what those Trolls do.

Alpha Centauri
Just get rid of the people doing it, not the forums.

-AC

JacopeX
These VS forum are a complete Waste, its just a way for people to post 4 threads every day without getting in trouble for spamming. Its a waste and most of the shit in there is ridicules, I Say we get rid of these useless forums.

These Vs Forums make KMC look bad, even worse then the OTF does. They usually last like 20 posts to the max, and if we wanted a serious one like Superman vs Lex Luther, we could post it in a Comic book forum or such. But these Stupid Gaming ones and comic ones people are coming up with are a disgrace.

vincent Shut up

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by JacopeX
Shut up

Notice how all the smart people, who have some class, said something half smart?

Cyric Blackstar
Shut up
erm

Dregh2
Shut up

You are such a gangsta

Quincy Archer
Well...guys um.

Yeah I know I'm butting into this thread to disagree...but I'm alright with that!

If they are so bothersome...just don't go in them? Perhaps you could just...ignore them?

I mean, I don't frequent the vs threads, but alot of people do. We shouldn't just get rid of what alot of people come to kmc for just because we find them irritating.

(My Two Cents^)

JacopeX
Notice how all the smart people, who have some class, said something half smart? if you say so

Ive been postin at the Vs forum some time and i havent seen much spam there. I might be wrong, but theres no spamming. Theres even thread that go on more than 4 pages which enough. Its good for the people who are big video game fans. If we cancel off the Vs forum, many fnaboys are jus gonna come round any wrong forum and say stupid shit like "Sephiroth vs samson". Ive seen this in many forums and dont even deny it. Each forum has there own purposes right? how about cancel the foreign movie forum. That forum is sooo dead. Each post happens like once every ten hours ((approx)).

FG725
hmm.....well I find it odd that the ones voting against have probably never gone into them. no expression and actually alot are pretty good and so what some stuff here doesn't even get twenty posts unless its to talk shit to people and spam here I mean how many friggin ask Vinny or ask K.Diddy threads do we ****ing need! I mean here is one i made a long time back and it did fine Predators vs. elites and there have been plenty more the samus vs. Master chief one is bigger then half of the otf ones. Besides then all the normal comic book threads and gaming threads would be overrun with people posting the vs. Ideas do you have any idea how ****ing big those things are. This one was made today and already has over a hundred posts so don't even talk this crap Vinny http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t410031.html

Vinny Valentine
OH Big Woop!!

100 posts jesus tap dancing christ, I open a thread about getting my hair cut and it will get 150 posts easily.

100 Posts is nothing.

These forums are just a waste for people to make millions of threads, like golem.

JacopeX
OH Big Woop!!

100 posts jesus tap dancing christ, I open a thread about getting my hair cut and it will get 150 posts easily.

100 Posts is nothing.

These forums are just a waste for people to make millions of threads, like golem. Its not gona happen actually. No way in Hell raz is gonna shut it down.

FG725
OH Big Woop!!

100 Posts is nothing.

These forums are just a waste for people to make millions of threads, like golem.
yeah but it's better then a thread about
a) hating someone
b) getting ****ing advice from someone....again unless your ****ing insane
c) a video about hating members
d) people remaking old threads to try and be funny
e) Emo threads.

FG725
Its not gona happen actually. No way in Hell raz is gonna shut it down.
yeah so basically this thread is pointless and you need like a hundred and something people to sign good luck with that..

Quincy Archer
Maybe we can continue this debate rationally and civil?

JacopeX
this petition reminds me of something

http://hentaipetitionfails.ytmnd.com/

FG725
Originally posted by Quincy Archer
I highly doubt that......nothing in here has been civil...

Vinny Valentine
Its not gona happen actually. No way in Hell raz is gonna shut it down.

We will see.

Originally posted by FG725
I highly doubt that......nothing in here has been civil...

Hey FG725, I used facts and keep my cool you're just being biased.

It's TRUE that most people just spam random threads in there, and its useless and there is no reason to even keep it.

Quincy Archer

It's TRUE that most people just spam random threads in there, and its useless and there is no reason to even keep it.

Well to be fair though, for every random thread in the vs forums, theres 2 here in the off topic. I mean, stuff like "Do You LIke my hair?" and "Rate my crotch" shouldn't be a top priority of Killer Movies.com.

And I know what you're probably thinking, "But it's the off-topic forum! We are allowed to make weird threads." This is true, however the vs forums are entitled to the same privelages as you. No matter how ridiculous the "vs match" is.

RedAlertv2
I agree that they suck. The Video Game Vs Forum was cool for all of about 2 weeks, until the cool ideas were gone and everyone started rehashing the same old stuff over and over.

But I dont think we really need to get rid of them. At the very least, they contain a large amount of spammers and idiots into a small number of threads, keeping them out of the real forums.

FG725
We will see.

well I'm sorry I'm not trying to be biased but I think people here are more just whatever I'll post in this thread to do whatever whether it's spam, be annoying or talk to my friend or something of that sort. While in places like the vs. thread and many other threads for that matter people don't go to chill with their friend or spam alot they usually go to talk on the subject and debate which isn't nearly as fun as just saying yo Vinny whats chillin' howz da bitches..... which is what most people on here would type to. While the other people have to come up with facts and support their vote or whatever much like what we're doing now and for people like Golem well yeah he would post one or two good matches a week and post as many as he could a day.

FG725
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I agree that they suck. The Video Game Vs Forum was cool for all of about 2 weeks, until the cool ideas were gone and everyone started rehashing the same old stuff over and over.

But I dont think we really need to get rid of them. At the very least, they contain a large amount of spammers and idiots into a small number of threads, keeping them out of the real forums.
yeah I agree with that I made the elites vs. Predator thread along time ago it got successful and about twenty other people made threads like it using different numbers of predators or something like 5 predators vs. three elites with a tank. But on like the comic vs there are so many comic characters it's hard to run out of stuff

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by FG725
well I'm sorry I'm not trying to be biased but I think people here are more just whatever I'll post in this thread to do whatever whether it's spam, be annoying or talk to my friend or something of that sort. While in places like the vs. thread and many other threads for that matter people don't go to chill with their friend or spam alot they usually go to talk on the subject and debate which isn't nearly as fun as just saying yo Vinny whats chillin' howz da bitches..... which is what most people on here would type to. While the other people have to come up with facts and support their vote or whatever much like what we're doing now and for people like Golem well yeah he would post one or two good matches a week and post as many as he could a day.

You obviously don't post here much, because people hardly talk like "yo vinny wats up"

Most Posts are thought of and posted fine.

Unlike the Vs Forum

"Who Would Win, Superman or Weasel Man? "

Cyric Blackstar
Yea really... I spent the first year of my time on KMC in the SW vs and I can tell you they suck.

Quincy Archer
But guys, people frequent those forums more than practically every other forum here on kmc. Because some people make bad threads doesn't mean great debators on kmc should be stripped of their legroom.

Like I said, if you hate them, just don't go there.

Scoobless

Can't have those pesky minorities running rampant all over the place, let's grab our white hoods and string these people up......

What the hell were they thinking by not being into the exact same stuff as the rest of us?

It's as if they don't care care about the important issues of the day like my hair:

I open a thread about getting my hair cut and it will get 150 posts easily.

While we're at it why don't we get rid of the religion, politics and art forums? all those subjects do is cause disagreements...... and not once have they rated my butt (which is a 9.5 by the way)

Nothing like using third hand knowledge as a reason to get rid of "these people" .... I know the Nazis have received a lot of bad press for it over the years but I think the world is ready for a whole new period of propaganda and exclusion

Who's with me? ...... confused

Notice how all the smart people, who have some class, said something half smart?

I noticed people voting who have never been into the Vs Forum..... I noticed a lot of prejudice..... I noticed that your claim to fame is getting people to post in a topic about your hair (I'd go with the perm thumb up )

Class? class?.........class? ....... hmmm....... where was that again? was that the post you made telling people what rights they shouldn't be entitled to? (I thought free speech was a big deal in most places).... no that couldn't have been it.... maybe it was in your gross generalisations concerning a forum you don't take part in?..... no, sorry.... brain-fart... that's not what "class" would be at all... my mistake... i guess you're gonna have to point your really classy posts out.

Now that I've shared that, let me say this:

A lot of people in the Vs forum are aware of the ridiculous spammers, the duplicate threads, the trolls, the bashers, the idiots and the possibility that new threads wont last past 3 pages

Yet the same people come back almost every day. The fact is, there's a lot of people in the Vs forum who aren't idiots or trolls or spammers... some of them aren't even prejudiced little morons ( eek! )

Every forum has problems, deal with it! The mods can only do so much.

the Vs forums rules are very clear but you can't force every new poster to read or follow them... and you can't ban them for minor, some would say "petty", annoyances

Lastly..... No-one is ever going to force you to visit a forum you don't give a crap about... so why not just get over your little gripe and you can go make a thread in the OTF about how best to treat your new perm.... I'm sure it'll get you a record number of responses (that's important to you..... right? wink )

P.S... Weasel Man would kick Superman's arse! stick out tongue

Quincy Archer
Scoobless is my hero.

Blair Wind
no expression

I gotta agree with what AC said, AND what Scoobs said. I know alot of you dont know me, but then again lots of you dont go to the comic vs section. Sure theres spam, sure theres trolls, but tell me one forum here that hasnt had to deal with that. Alot of the threads there are about debate, different peoples opinions. I happen to find it more interesting then "rate my crotch" What the f**k?

Please, unless you know what the hell your talking about, dont go and make a petition. Talk all you want, there is freedom of speach. However, most of it seem to be hot air and pointless (and why the hell would a topic like your hair get 150 replies?? You want pointless....THATS pointless)

FG725
Originally posted by Scoobless
Can't have those pesky minorities running rampant all over the place, let's grab our white hoods and string these people up......

What the hell were they thinking by not being into the exact same stuff as the rest of us?

It's as if they don't care care about the important issues of the day like my hair:

While we're at it why don't we get rid of the religion, politics and art forums? all those subjects do is cause disagreements...... and not once have they rated my butt (which is a 9.5 by the way)

Nothing like using third hand knowledge as a reason to get rid of "these people" .... I know the Nazis have received a lot of bad press for it over the years but I think the world is ready for a whole new period of propaganda and exclusion

Who's with me? ...... confused

I noticed people voting who have never been into the Vs Forum..... I noticed a lot of prejudice..... I noticed that your claim to fame is getting people to post in a topic about your hair (I'd go with the perm thumb up )

Class? class?.........class? ....... hmmm....... where was that again? was that the post you made telling people what rights they shouldn't be entitled to? (I thought free speech was a big deal in most places).... no that couldn't have been it.... maybe it was in your gross generalisations concerning a forum you don't take part in?..... no, sorry.... brain-fart... that's not what "class" would be at all... my mistake... i guess you're gonna have to point your really classy posts out.

Now that I've shared that, let me say this:

A lot of people in the Vs forum are aware of the ridiculous spammers, the duplicate threads, the trolls, the bashers, the idiots and the possibility that new threads wont last past 3 pages

Yet the same people come back almost every day. The fact is, there's a lot of people in the Vs forum who aren't idiots or trolls or spammers... some of them aren't even prejudiced little morons ( eek! )

Every forum has problems, deal with it! The mods can only do so much.

the Vs forums rules are very clear but you can't force every new poster to read or follow them... and you can't ban them for minor, some would say "petty", annoyances

Lastly..... No-one is ever going to force you to visit a forum you don't give a crap about... so why not just get over your little gripe and you can go make a thread in the OTF about how best to treat your new perm.... I'm sure it'll get you a record number of responses (that's important to you..... right? wink )

P.S... Weasel Man would kick Superman's arse! stick out tongue
well I think scoobless basically covered the rest of my lectures lets call it a day 9999 gambit12 a049

DigiMark007
I'll co-sign most of the "for" arguments (especially Scoob's....lol). And I voted in the 'keep them' column.

I Mod the comic vs. forum, which is one of the busiest forums on KMC outside the OTF and GDF. Thus, I see as much of the crap that goes on as anyone on KMC....but it's hardly enough to create a vague cry for closing them. Far from it, in fact. And given the business of my forum, I'm proud of how little it gets reported (as opposed to, say, this forum which is a mainstay of the reports every day).

There was talk a while back of closing down the SW vs. forum. The gripe was that all of the battles had happened and there wasn't much else to do and incidents of spam and such had risen. The forum stayed, but it was the first serious discussion of closing one. In situations like this, the argument for closing it goes beyond simply "they're a waste" so it's a bit more valid.

But for the majority of the vs. forums, I would defy you to find the amount of nonsense, bashing, and spam that would be needed to intelligently justify talking about closing them down permanently.

And given the sheer popularity of many of the vs. forums, you can't really talk about it from a standpoint of non-use either.

There will be pointlessness in every forum at some point. But just because you either don't understand vs. forums or don't like them (and you're not alone in that respect...many see them as a waste of time) isn't enough to understandably discuss their closing. Enough respectful, intelligent, and worthwhile members take part in vs. discussions to warrant the forums. Until that changes, I see little reason to belabor this discussion.

jinzin

a waste?

you are claiming the vs. forum to be a WASTE in the off topic forum no less...
where the great rate my rack, person with the most posts wins, evening thread, the counting thread, and a buttload of other completely WORHTLESS threads have been made and further been dogpiled under literally thousands and thousandes of meaningless, spamtastic posts correlating to littler more than flirtations or clever uses of the lastest smilie...
the OTF is notorious for people makinf multiple threads in a single day, why is the OTF exempt from your ridicule but the vs. form must be dealt with?
where in your mind lies the difference? You say that the vs. forums are useless.. yet you reserve from making the proper argument to back that kind of claim up... WHY is it that you think the vs. forum is useless again?

These Vs Forums make KMC look bad, even worse then the OTF does. They usually last like 20 posts to the max,
yup, you know about jack shit about the vs. forums... look at the spiderman vs. wolverine thread, the hulk vs. juggernaught thread... your shortsidedness to dictate what the max of the majority of threads in the vs. topic is ridiculous considering the consistency in which you've been there.. funny.

and if we wanted a serious one like Superman vs Lex Luther, we could post it in a Comic book forum or such. But these Stupid Gaming ones and comic ones people are coming up with are a disgrace.

vincent
again.. why? you can't just go around claiming that something's a "disgrace" without the proper evidence to back it up... What the f**k?

jinzin

what you've heard? What the f**k?

so if you were in germany circa 1942-45 and all you heard was nazi's denying that the death camps existed they must have been right? correct? cause what you've heard is obviously more credible than what's actually taking place.. right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
I said 'You All Seem to think that' , not 'You said you were'.

I've been to all of the Forums, and I've seen the Carnage too.

Uprisings against Mods in the SWVF? What the f**k?

And yes, I've seen First-Hand, what those Trolls do.

is this also something that you're basing an opinion on from what you heard? if you had actually been there during the incident without bias you would ave seen reasonable justification for the forum members to retaliate the way they did...

you have to understand mods are not infaulible they're just people.. like you and me and they can be wrong too... in fact not too long ago a mod threatened a member's account for simply having a difference of opinion from said mod, it was completely uncalled for and not justifiable whatsoever but it's what happened...

you can't just sit there and assume that those with power are always right and those without can't possibly be, because if you do then the american revolutionaries HAD to have been wrong in seperating themselves from british rule... pfffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin

notice how you've barely said anything worth saying AT ALL?

jinzin
Well...guys um.

Yeah I know I'm butting into this thread to disagree...but I'm alright with that!

If they are so bothersome...just don't go in them? Perhaps you could just...ignore them?

I mean, I don't frequent the vs threads, but alot of people do. We shouldn't just get rid of what alot of people come to kmc for just because we find them irritating.

(My Two Cents^)

wow.. common sense.. I applaud you.

jinzin
OH Big Woop!!

100 Posts is nothing.

which again causes me to question the motives of your necessity to see the vs. forum closed down... What the f**k?

it's obviously not quality over quantity because I've seen that haircut thread and that served purpose that had little more to do than ego swelling on your behalf... it wasn't important, it wasn't interesting, so why is a thread like that okay with you but the vs. forum isn't? explain....

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll co-sign most of the "for" arguments (especially Scoob's....lol). And I voted in the 'keep them' column.

I Mod the comic vs. forum, which is one of the busiest forums on KMC outside the OTF and GDF. Thus, I see as much of the crap that goes on as anyone on KMC....but it's hardly enough to create a vague cry for closing them. Far from it, in fact. And given the business of my forum, I'm proud of how little it gets reported (as opposed to, say, this forum which is a mainstay of the reports every day).

There was talk a while back of closing down the SW vs. forum. The gripe was that all of the battles had happened and there wasn't much else to do and incidents of spam and such had risen. The forum stayed, but it was the first serious discussion of closing one. In situations like this, the argument for closing it goes beyond simply "they're a waste" so it's a bit more valid.

But for the majority of the vs. forums, I would defy you to find the amount of nonsense, bashing, and spam that would be needed to intelligently justify talking about closing them down permanently.

And given the sheer popularity of many of the vs. forums, you can't really talk about it from a standpoint of non-use either.

There will be pointlessness in every forum at some point. But just because you either don't understand vs. forums or don't like them (and you're not alone in that respect...many see them as a waste of time) isn't enough to understandably discuss their closing. Enough respectful, intelligent, and worthwhile members take part in vs. discussions to warrant the forums. Until that changes, I see little reason to belabor this discussion.

Jin's doing well too.

Anyway, the SW vs. forum mess is different, and there's been actual talk of shutting it down. But to use that as a watermark by which to lump all of the vs. forums together is ridiculous.

Tell you what, if anyone wants to settle this, I'll monitor the reports that come in from various forums. It'll be the OTF vs. every vs. forum on KMC. Whoever has less reports in the span of a random week would win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I can tell you from experience: The OTF would lose. And it wouldn't even be close. no expression

P.S. And picking on golem is again cruel. Yeah, he makes too many threads. But he actually tries to contribute too. And beyond that, you're again taking an extreme and using it to talk about entire forums of members. False logic.

jinzin

continue? the "debate" would have had to start civil for it to CONTINUE to be civil... so far vinny has ridiculed the vs. forum and belittled it but has done nothing to back his claims up. he's doing nothing more than fillibustering.

jinzin

hey pot.. he's just the kettle.. lay off.

speaking of which: where were these "facts" of yours again?

Is it? you know this for a FACT because you frequent the forum oh so much right? no wait.. I know.. you know this for a fact because you have statistical data that proves the claim right?
no.. wait.. HOW do you know this for a fact? confused

jinzin
You obviously don't post here much, because people hardly talk like "yo vinny wats up"

Most Posts are thought of and posted fine.

Unlike the Vs Forum

"Who Would Win, Superman or Weasel Man? "

again.. whereare you gettin this data from? What the f**k?

look I just quoted a few posts in the OTF
Originally posted by Ladyluck
ninja

Originally posted by BlackSunshine
whats goin on?

Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Okay I'm back.

Originally posted by cain marko
a naked girl in my bed...would be the best thing ever

Originally posted by Thorinn
You had me at whipping. droolio

yes.. these threads are SOOOOO much more intelligent and thought out then the posts in the vs. forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
But guys, people frequent those forums more than practically every other forum here on kmc. Because some people make bad threads doesn't mean great debators on kmc should be stripped of their legroom.

Like I said, if you hate them, just don't go there.

again.. common sense... follow his lead vinny looks like he could teach you a thing or two...... dozen.

Alpha Centauri
And I know what you're probably thinking, "But it's the off-topic forum! We are allowed to make weird threads." This is true, however the vs forums are entitled to the same privelages as you. No matter how ridiculous the "vs match" is.

Exactly. There was a time when Vs Matches in that forum became beyond ridiculous and the general consensus of comic book characters was really ridiculous, it also had some ridiculous members. The fact of the matter is, though, the threads had their place. They either got locked if they were spam or merged if they were duplicates. Regardless of how stupid a thread is, that's what it's for, Comic Vs Threads.

There's no reason to get rid of a forum you never visit. If a forum has absolutely no traffic, then it can be raised to possibly make way for a forum that will get traffic, but requesting it's removal because you don't like it is really dumb.

I had a blast in the Vs Forum when it was good, I didn't like the people there anymore so I did what any sensible person would do. I stopped going there. They don't have to put up with me, I don't have to put up with them. They go about their business, I go about mine. None of us were saying "Ban him!" or "Get rid of this shit forum!".

However, let's not say things we can't take back in arguing over which forum is more intelligent. Comic Vs is hardly Mensa.

-AC

jinzin

Tell you what, if anyone wants to settle this, I'll monitor the reports that come in from various forums. It'll be the OTF vs. every vs. forum on KMC. Whoever has less reports in the span of a random week would win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I can tell you from experience: The OTF would lose. And it wouldn't even be close. no expression

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

jinzin
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Exactly. There was a time when Vs Matches in that forum became beyond ridiculous and the general consensus of comic book characters was really ridiculous, it also had some ridiculous members. The fact of the matter is, though, the threads had their place. They either got locked if they were spam or merged if they were duplicates. Regardless of how stupid a thread is, that's what it's for, Comic Vs Threads.

There's no reason to get rid of a forum you never visit. If a forum has absolutely no traffic, then it can be raised to possibly make way for a forum that will get traffic, but requesting it's removal because you don't like it is really dumb.

I had a blast in the Vs Forum when it was good, I didn't like the people there anymore so I did what any sensible person would do. I stopped going there. They don't have to put up with me, I don't have to put up with them. They go about their business, I go about mine. None of us were saying "Ban him!" or "Get rid of this shit forum!".

However, let's not say things we can't take back in arguing over which forum is more intelligent. Comic Vs is hardly Mensa.

-AC

agreed.. simple logic... I hope you can follow it vinny.

TheKahn

What the f**k?

Either your grossly ignorant of the subject about which you are speaking and are simply too lazy to get informed before running off your mouth, or your intentionally trying to mislead people about the nature of the vs forums.

20 posts? Please, most good debates take 20 posts just to get warmed up:

Spiderman vs Wolverine: 13,539 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t10725.html

Silver Surfer vs Superman: 1,703 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t29475.html

Superman vs the Hulk: 3,228 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t371986.html

Batman vs Spiderman: 6,531 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308935.html

Namor vs Wolverine: 1,635 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t349648.html

Juggernaut vs the Hulk 6,903 posts
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t15217.html

Spartan005
Personally, I think the vs. forums are retarded... but having said that... there are still a lot of people who enjoy arguing about useless subjects. So let them have their fun and just stay out of it. Is it really that hard to ignore a forum if you don't like it.... I mean what's the big deal?

DigiMark007
I'd come with hard facts at this point if anyone's willing to take this debate on. The comic vs. forum is upset about this thread (to say the least). So you'd be up to your eyeballs if you can't back up everything you're saying.

I just want it to remain respectful. Regardless of Vinny's disregard for the vs. forums, he's still entitled to his opinion, as is anyone else who voted in the "get rid of them" column.

Tha C-Master
I don't see what would make the vs forum worse than anything here really... all forums have spam, and similar types of posters in all types of forums, its more about the posters than the forum, and I can honestly say that some of the most intelligent posters post in Comic versus at one time or another. Whirly, Cresh, Demi, Gs, Never, Cosmic Cube, and Jinzin sometimes (lol) etc etc. The discussion's there can actually be quite deep if its with the right posters, and with the right topic.

But every forum has its need... OTF is considered as the "toilet" of the forum, so calling it a waste seems to be more counterproductive than anything.

Tron
Well, since Scoobles, Digi, and AC said it all for me, I'll just say this:

One of the reasons the Comic VS Forum was originally opened was to ease the many vs threads that were opened in different forums. Now, If we close it down, what'll you think will start happening again? That's right, vs threads in different forums again. Now, is that something that you really wanna see, or would you rather leave them in their designated spot?

Just something to think about...

jinzin
I'd come with hard facts at this point if anyone's willing to take this debate on. The comic vs. forum is upset about this thread (to say the least). So you'd be up to your eyeballs if you can't back up everything you're saying.

I just want it to remain respectful. Regardless of Vinny's disregard for the vs. forums, he's still entitled to his opinion, as is anyone else who voted in the "get rid of them" column.

I'm not upset with the fact that he has an opinion just that fact that he's trying to persuad people based on a biased opinion with NO evidence produced to back himself up yet.. it's rather stupid.

it's comparible to me saying everyone who doesn't have the favorite color: blue should be banned.. those people are worthless...

it's entirely contingent on preference and the claim has no proof.

newjak86
I must say that I am finding that this opinion is being based on someone who A) has never been to a vs forums

or B) has never even tried to give them a chance.

While yes we do have our share of things that are spam and dupilactes and we have our little posts of of stupid people but every forum has these things.

I am speaking from first hand experience on t he Comic vs Forum. I know at sometimes it seems we go around in circles and our threads don't do much. But I will tell you this that the poeple there will surprise you and that for every thread is nonsense there are threads that will test your knowledge not only in comic books but in science and many of posters there really shine because of it.

We will threads were we descuss a persons powers and how they should work and what they are capable of. Visit one of those threads and I bet you will learn something new and if you don't think there are many there is normally at least one on the page.

What I'm trying to say is your view Vinny and others who want to see them close is not the whole picture and not even a small fraction of it. there is so much more whether it be educational and fun. Most of the posters there are very intelligent and can get into very great civil debates. Even those that aren't eventually become knowledgable and get better so even though a person may seem like they are making nonsense they learn over time and become better. I've seen it happen a number of times.

I my self go on and will chat inform and have a very good time when I go on the Comic Vs forum. I almost never see any of this intense bickering you describe or personal hatred most of the time those are caused by random people who know nothing of the subjects the they try and talk about or want to learn on them and those people are verywhere.

I will also say that it is run by 3 Mods all of whom do their job well and in fact keep the forum running smootly everyday and with the traffic it gets I think they do better than any other forum.

In fact we are so organized and civil we have started and are in the final stages of kicking off a tourny which by the way will be about the fourth we have run and obviously sine most of the people participating have been a part or entered those tournies I can honestly say they obviously had a good time.

Which by the way KMC is all about going unto a forum and particiapting and talking to other people about interests that you like. I honestly find myself willing to have an itelligent conversation over with how a certain character can beat another then going to a thread and "doing Something to the personabove me"

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I don't see what would make the vs forum worse than anything here really... all forums have spam, and similar types of posters in all types of forums, its more about the posters than the forum, and I can honestly say that some of the most intelligent posters post in Comic versus at one time or another. Whirly, Cresh, Demi, Gs, Never, Cosmic Cube, and Jinzin sometimes (lol) etc etc. The discussion's there can actually be quite deep if its with the right posters, and with the right topic.

But every forum has its need... OTF is considered as the "toilet" of the forum, so calling it a waste seems to be more counterproductive than anything.

Whirly, Cresh, Demi, Gs? Deep? Intelligent? Pretentious, wanky idiots, maybe. Demi knew his shit when it came to comics, I'll give the man credit gladly there. He was outrageously hypocritical, drawn out and impressed people by over-complication. Creshosk, well, the man can't grasp a point that's any less subtle than a neutron bomb.

That said, I do agree, there are intelligent people there. XMarks, Never, Wyndarr, Digi, Tron, Cube.

-AC

TheKahn
Originally posted by jinzin
I'm not upset with the fact that he has an opinion just that fact that he's trying to persuad people based on a biased opinion with NO evidence produced to back himself up yet.. it's rather stupid.

it's comparible to me saying everyone who doesn't have the favorite color: blue should be banned.. those people are worthless...

it's entirely contingent on preference and the claim has no proof.

On this matter, Jinzin, you and I agree completely. I don't have a great interest in the poetry or sports forums, but I understand and respect the fact other individuals do. And I believe that they have every right to congregate and discuss their shared interest. The reason that there have not be any logical arguments presented as to why the vs forum should be closed is that those arguments do not exist.

Tha C-Master
Whirly, Cresh, Demi, Gs? Deep? Intelligent? Pretentious, wanky idiots, maybe.

That said, I do agree, there are intelligent people there. XMarks, Never, Wyndarr, Digi, Tron, Cube.

-AC Ah xmarks, that man's a genius... I admittedly go on the vs forum very little now, but it seems less chaotic, than say, last December...

Alpha Centauri
He does seemingly have really good scientific knowledge, so maybe he's a scientific genius. Anywhere else he just seems like a really logical, sensible debator.

Science has no place in that forum, that was, is and always will be its biggest enemy.

-AC

Thorinn
Thorinn king <----- Signature.

Tha C-Master
He does seemingly have really good scientific knowledge, so maybe he's a scientific genius. Anywhere else he just seems like a really logical, sensible debator. I was just commenting on the intelligence of the people I mentioned, not even their comic knowledge or "debating talent", those are two different categories altogether.

Science has no place in that forum, that was, is and always will be its biggest enemy.

-AC Well now, everything is science.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by newjak86
In fact we are so organized and civil we have started and are in the final stages of kicking off a tourny which by the way will be about the fourth we have run and obviously sine most of the people participating have been a part or entered those tournies I can honestly say they obviously had a good time.

5th, actually. cool

And feel free to check it out....anyone who is browsing this. Battles will be starting next Sunday, and anyone can vote in the poll, which will act a tiebreaker if the judges for the matches split.

The tournament is actually an excellent example of what's possible in vs. forums. They require interaction between members, teamwork, strategy, etc. And it's fun and intelligent, while still remaining true to the intentions of the forum. And the level of intricacy involved in the drafting, rule-making, and whatnot is a testament o how seriously members take it, and also how a vs. forum can move well beyond a Superman-vs-Hulk shouting match.

I happen to be running this tourney, but many others have done so in the past, and countless others have participated in them...so this isn't the exception to the vs. forums, but rather the norm as I see it.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, that's silly. Comics are escapism, and debating is fun, but when it gets into "He could do this, this and this." "What? Of course not." "Yes, because in science...".

There's a general lack of sense. Like in Rogue Vs Hulk, for example.

"Rogue would win if she did this, this, this and then that." "Yes, but that wouldn't happen, because she wouldn't win."

There needs to be a cut off point when matches are considered stupid.

-AC

-Tired Hiker-
Okay, who would win between Spider-Man with one hand tied behind is back, hopping on one foot VS Batman blindfolded with a coconut up his butt??? huh

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, if you had made that thread when I was there, it would have lasted maybe 3 pages.

That's how pathetic it got.

-AC

DigiMark007
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Okay, who would win between Spider-Man with one hand tied behind is back, hopping on one foot VS Batman blindfolded with a coconut up his butt??? huh

That would get closed nowadays, by the way, if you're trying to be cute about how ridiculous matches can be. I agree, to an extent, that they can be a touch outlandish sometimes, but this is obvious overexaggeration to make your point.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And if you didn't mean it like that, then it still made me smile. wink

Alpha Centauri
It was only exaggerated in the sense of content.

People did make threads like, "Spider-Man, Daredevil and Batman Vs The Hulk, Doom and Wolverine in a desert with mountains and no help and no.." etc.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Nah, that's silly. Comics are escapism, and debating is fun, but when it gets into "He could do this, this and this." "What? Of course not." "Yes, because in science...".

Well, science is any type of knowledge, and an art is any way we express that knowledge.

"Rogue would win if she did this, this, this and then that." "Yes, but that wouldn't happen, because she wouldn't win." Well something like, " Human torch cannot make his flames alone in space" could be a good argument as there is no oxygen in space. Also, combined with the fact that he has been proven not to be able to conjure them in space. Not to be confused with Firelord, whose actual flames are not fire.

-AC Well the question is, "What is too scientific?" The comic world is based around the real world, and what is too scientific will vary from person to person, and that will vary upon their scientific knowledge in the first place.

-Tired Hiker-
That would get closed nowadays, by the way, if you're trying to be cute about how ridiculous matches can be. I agree, to an extent, that they can be a touch outlandish sometimes, but this is obvious overexaggeration to make your point.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And if you didn't mean it like that, then it still made me smile. wink
I really can't define why I typed that, I just thought it would be funny. smile

xmarksthespot
I open a thread about getting my hair cut and it will get 150 posts easily.I'm sure no one gives a crap what your hair looks like. smile

newjak86

"Rogue would win if she did this, this, this and then that." "Yes, but that wouldn't happen, because she wouldn't win."

-AC I'm trying to get what your saying here.

Are you trying to say that science has no business in comics or

Are you trying to ask when a match becomes stupid?

If it is the first then well Science well never truely explained in comics is fascinating to bring in and see how some of these powers in theory work in the real world and in turn what that implies it is very fascinating.

If it is the later well I can give you an answer to that. A match only become stupid when uniformed people make claims they can not back up or when people can no longer bring new interesting info and angles unto it. In which case they then die which they should( And do most of the time) or in the rare occassion things actually do get out of hand they are closed.

Other than that no match can really be considered stupid as long as civil and informative angles are brought in.

Alpha Centauri
Well, science is any type of knowledge, and an art is any way we express that knowledge.

No, that's just pretentious bs isn't it? You know full well what I'm on about.

Well something like, " Human torch cannot make his flames alone in space" could be a good argument as there is no oxygen in space. Also with the fact that he has been proven not to be able to conjure them in space. Not to be confused with Firelord, whose actual flames are not fire.

That's entirely different. Saying he can't conjure flame in space is cool, he can't. However, if they say in the comics that it's because his flames are normal flames that can't operate without oxygen, fine. It's the way that people will apply science as we know it, to anything.

The level to which people will ascend into hyperbole is ridiculous. They do it to make themselves look smart.

Well the question is, "What is too scientific?" The comic world is based around the real world, and what is too scientific will vary from person to person, and that will vary upon their scientific knowledge in the first place.

Yes, but that's exactly why the threads started going to shit, because people like Demigawd had to post novels of why Storm might on the offchance be able to beat Doom because of something scientific...maybe. Despite the fact that he had 20 people proving him wrong with just common sense.

Don't get me wrong, as I said, he knows his shit, but he's obviously so concerned with looking good that he will apply irrelevant shit to the debate. XMarks knows science, you don't see him ruining debates because of it, he draws the line.

-AC

LanceWindu
*signs petition*

Alpha Centauri
Why? It's stupid logic to suggest erasing the forum, you don't even go in there.

-AC

BuzzKiller

-AC

Is that not the exact same thing that is done in the sports forum; when we discuss why this team or that person would win a game or a match? This is especially true in threads such as the World Cup thread. This team will win if they are able to do this or if they can out do the other team in this category. These arguments are not that disimillar. The only difference is, whether you like the topic or not. A sports nerd railing against comic nerds. Come on man show some love for your fellow nerds.

newjak86
Originally posted by LanceWindu
*signs petition* Not you too Ken sad

Tha C-Master
No, that's just pretentious bs isn't it? You know full well what I'm on about.

That's entirely different. Saying he can't conjure flame in space is cool, he can't. However, if they say in the comics that it's because his flames are normal flames that can't operate without oxygen, fine. It's the way that people will apply science as we know it, to anything.

The level to which people will ascend into hyperbole is ridiculous. They do it to make themselves look smart.

Yes, but that's exactly why the threads started going to shit, because people like Demigawd had to post novels of why Storm might on the offchance be able to beat Doom because of something scientific...maybe. Despite the fact that he had 20 people proving him wrong with just common sense.

Don't get me wrong, as I said, he knows his shit, but he's obviously so concerned with looking good that he will apply irrelevant shit to the debate. XMarks knows science, you don't see him ruining debates because of it, he draws the line.

-AC Well like I said I agree that people do try to sound smarter than others by doing this (since this is going around in circles), my point was more or less what the line was in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BuzzKiller
Is that not the exact same thing that is done in the sports forum; when we discuss why this team or that person would win a game or a match? This is especially true in threads such as the World Cup thread. This team will win if they are able to do this or if they can out do the other team in this category. These arguments are not that disimillar. The only difference is, whether you like the topic or not. A sports nerd railing against comic nerds. Come on man show some love for your fellow nerds.

No, it's not. I'll show you why:

You would never find someone trying to debate, seriously and scientifically, why Angola could be Brazil 8-0. Because anyone worth their salt, with intellect, knows it would very nearly never happen.

If you gave that to a comics debator, they would say "Yeah! They could do it! What if they took the ball around all the Brazil players and scored 8 times? They'd win 8-0!" Yes, they would if that happened, but it wouldn't f*cking happen.

Just like Gambit Vs Dr. Doom. "If Gambit did this, this and this, he'd win." Yes, but that would never happen. "How do you know?! It could, if he did all that." Yes, if he did, but he wouldn't because that's common sense.

Before you know it, a couple of morons decide to play devil's retard-ocate and it's got 12 pages long.

-AC

newjak86

-AC No that is where a match shows why we go there. A match does not become stupid so long as people bring new info and angels to look at it from. If anything that is when a thread truely becomes good because it is at that moment you are forced to step back and take a look at a character more in depth and their abilities and in turn find a way to dismiss them that is when truely informative civil debates are formed and the most interesting.

LanceWindu
Not you too Ken sad

I just don't like em, too many fanboys masturbating themselves over their favorite characters.

King KAM
Wait wait wait, let me get this straight......

Someone who isnt a part of the verus forms in any way wants them gone, and his reason is that it makes the forums lo0k bad.

Doesnt the fact that someone who in no way shape or form starts a petiton to shut something down simply because he doesnt like the people that post in it? He says that they cant have a serious debate, and that most of the good threads go to waste, yet i post in the Vs. forums constantly and i have never seen you there. How do you know so much about something you arent a part of? Answer: you dont.

You dont have the slightest inclimation about the KMC versus forum, you are probably just mad because no one else wants to play, "kiss the person above you game", or "rate sigs with you". You have also bashed anyone and everyone who posts in the VS forums by saying and i quote, "VS forums suck". But how can healthy debating in which we discuss topics which riddle our minds ever "suck"?

Your and the people you side with have not 1 valid argument for closing the most popular forums on the site, and also have no right, you have freedom to petiton, but i have freedom of speech, and gathering, and if we choose to gather in the versus forum, and discuss WHATEVER we want, you are welcome to join us, but if you dont like them, simply dont visit

P.S.- You trying to get rid of something simply because you think it "sucks" sounds alot like what a man named Adolf tried to do to a certain people in the midd 1900's simply because he didnt think they belonged.

newjak86
I just don't like em, too many fanboys masturbating themselves over their favorite characters. Yeah you have some people like that. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
No that is where a match shows why we go there. A match does not become stupid so long as people bring new info and angels to look at it from. If anything that is when a thread truely becomes good because it is at that moment you are forced to step back and take a look at a character more in depth and their abilities and in turn find a way to dismiss them that is when truely informative civil debates are formed and the most interesting.

It doesn't, it becomes an impasse and it becomes boring. Storm Vs Dr. Doom is factual proof. EVERYONE was just posting saying "Come on, this is stupid." and it was stupid, undeniably.

Yet someone decided to do what I said above, and all of a sudden it had degenerated into an anal, pointlessly scientific debate devoid of any fun and enjoyment whatsoever. Why? Because someone wanted to look smart.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I just don't like em, too many fanboys masturbating themselves over their favorite characters.

What, and the Official Picture Thread isn't like that?

-AC

LanceWindu
What, and the Official Picture Thread isn't like that?

-AC

That thread too. stick out tongue

I could really give a rats ass about the Vs. forums though, but between the two choices I'd ditch them and kick the fanboys in the nuts.

BuzzKiller
No, it's not. I'll show you why:

You would never find someone trying to debate, seriously and scientifically, why Angola could be Brazil 8-0. Because anyone worth their salt, with intellect, knows it would very nearly never happen.

If you gave that to a comics debator, they would say "Yeah! They could do it! What if they took the ball around all the Brazil players and scored 8 times? They'd win 8-0!" Yes, they would if that happened, but it wouldn't f*cking happen.

Just like Gambit Vs Dr. Doom. "If Gambit did this, this and this, he'd win." Yes, but that would never happen. "How do you know?! It could, if he did all that." Yes, if he did, but he wouldn't because that's common sense.

Before you know it, a couple of morons decide to play devil's retard-ocate and it's got 12 pages long.

-AC

In the vs forums since I have been a member those get shut down quickly and the people making those arguments are ridiculed and laughed at.

In the same time in the sports forums some people completely sh*t on teams simply because they do not like them. How is this any different than someone arguing for a character simply because they really like them.

newjak86
It doesn't, it becomes an impasse and it becomes boring. Storm Vs Dr. Doom is factual proof. EVERYONE was just posting saying "Come on, this is stupid." and it was stupid, undeniably.

Yet someone decided to do what I said above, and all of a sudden it had degenerated into an anal, pointlessly scientific debate devoid of any fun and enjoyment whatsoever. Why? Because someone wanted to look smart.

-AC But I also don't see that thread around anymore do you because like most threads that reach a certain point. After awhile person like I said was not bringing in anything new or making anybody look at things from a different view and what happened to it like Most thread do it dies at that point never to be heard of again.

Also for the few threads that do go beyond that point they are generaly closed. So what your describing is a very off beat rare occurance as compared to the norm that happens.

even though most people know it not to be the common place thing and that most deabtes are rational and when nothing new is brought in the people let the thread die. wink

Adult Swim Guy
GET IT OUT OF CONGRESS!!lol jp

Alpha Centauri
That thread too. stick out tongue

I could really give a rats ass about the Vs. forums though, but between the two choices I'd ditch them and kick the fanboys in the nuts.

Why is it necessary to protest for it's removal though?

Originally posted by BuzzKiller
In the vs forums since I have been a member those get shut down quickly and the people making those arguments are ridiculed and laughed at.

In the same time in the sports forums some people completely sh*t on teams simply because they do not like them. How is this any different than someone arguing for a character simply because they really like them.

You're making an entirely different point to me. Read my previous post again.

Also for the few threads that do go beyond that point they are generaly closed. So what your describing is a very off beat rare occurance as compared to the norm that happens.

Maybe now it is, I wouldn't know about it now. I grew to dislike the place as a result, so I made my peace and left. I didn't stick around to moan.

-AC

Tha C-Master

-AC So this isn't because its "too scientific" for comics, but too scientific for the others to comprehend (more or less in certain instances)... that kind of argument could be reversed to say that the other's simply lack the knowledge in the first place. That matter is entirely subjective, and could go on for days. So I'm going to ignore that perspective, and give a different perspective.

The comic versus forum isn't a comic book... and things that would "never happen" in a comic book can happen there... superman would never kill batman in one panel of a comicbook, because noone would want to see that. But he could in a versus forum, in less than the time batman could react. Its a theoretical debate, and knowledge is welcome, as long as its true, and not hyperbolized anal-spouting.

That should about cover it, I'm off to sleep.

LanceWindu
Why is it necessary to protest for it's removal though?

You're making an entirely different point to me. Read my previous post again.

Maybe now it is, I wouldn't know about it now. I grew to dislike the place as a result, so I made my peace and left. I didn't stick around to moan.

-AC

For the bare fact that I can. yes

MJOILNIR
Well Im not a big visitor to the rest of KMC. . Im really not on the net that much to start with. When I do come here its mostly for the comics forums, VS. included. Thats pretty much it. Im known for over simplifying things and being a blunt person. If you dont want to read something, dont read it. It really is that simple. I work in a place that is ripe with bigitry and hatred, prison. Im hated there for me being white, my job and my uniform by people who dont even know me or who I am. I put up with it 5 days a week, eight or more hours a day. Now it seems Im looking at the same crap here. Get rid of em', they dont belong here, There not like us' .......Yea same thing....rediculous.

newjak86

-AC So you just admitted that you know nothing of the current statis of that forum and yet you are willing to come in here and talk about it without up to date info and then go around and badmouth it and talk about rare occurances and try to tell people that is who we are.

Especially since your trying to say we make lame threads that are stupid and that because that it should be closed. When you know nothing of the current threads and running of the place.

Alpha Centauri
So you just admitted that you know nothing of the current statis of that forum and yet you are willing to come in here and talk about it without up to date info and then go around and badmouth it and talk about rare occurances and try to tell people that is who we are.

Especially since your trying to say we make lame threads that are stupid and that because that it should be closed. When you know nothing of the current threads and running of the place.

What in the hell? I said keep it open and that trying to get it closed is wrong, and also stupid. What are you talking about you cretinous little beast?

I was posting in the comics forum a little short of a year before you, buddy. I'm not trying to depict it as anything other than what I knew of it.

The one thing that does seem to have remained current is the fact that the die hard regulars from that forum have this irrational belief that they are void of any picking or critique. I'm not saying it's the way I remember it, but I nothing I'm saying is false.

-AC

batdude123
There is no reason as to why the VS forums should be banned. The posters are there to have fun debating on which character (their favorites and what not) they think would win in a fight. How is that useless? It is enjoyable by MANY posters. It is filled the most intelligible, most lucid, and most creative minds KMC has to offer. That's more than I can say for the other forums here. If anything, KMC is what it is because of the vs. forums. It's their choice if they want to post there or not. If you don't want to, then fine, you don't have to. Just because you have a stupid bone to pick with the vs forums, doesn't mean you can have it banned. Why do you want to ruin the poster's fun? What have they done to you? I don't really see any logic in what you are trying to accomplish here. Frankly, I don't see ANY point in this. Just stay away from them, and stop complaining. Nobody is going around making an "Off-Topic Forum Ban Petition," because they respect your right to talk about random and stupid sh*t on the internet. Why deprive posters of what they want? KMC is more than what your wants are, and it is bigger than the off-topic forum. People should have the right to diversify themselves on different aspects of KMC. It's not just one, or the other. The vs. forums imo are better than the off-topic forum. If you don't think so, then fine, that's your choice. However, at least respect the posters enough to not take away something that they enjoy, just because you don't. It's very selfish if you ask me, and you need to just stay the hell away if you don't like it. You don't need to go around making bogus petitions that aren't going to amount to anything in the first place. It's in poor taste.

newjak86
What in the hell? I said keep it open and that trying to get it closed is wrong, and also stupid. What are you talking about you cretinous little beast?

I was posting in the comics forum a little short of a year before you, buddy. I'm not trying to depict it as anything other than what I knew of it.

The one thing that does seem to have remained current is the fact that the die hard regulars from that forum have this irrational belief that they are void of any picking or critique. I'm not saying it's the way I remember it, but I nothing I'm saying is false.

-AC Cretinuious little beast huh.
All I heard you say was that our threads are lame and stupid and from the way you were implying them it seemed as if you were against the VS forums. If this isn't so then I'm sorry that I believed it to be so doesn't change my thoughts on your notion of the forum though.

While you were a year before me all that means is that year has passed new faces have come and old ones have left and things have changed. Just because you were there a year before me doesn't mean you have anymore notion of what it is now than I do in fact I should have more since I still post there.

And we are not trying to be void of nit picking but someone has started a petition to have our forum closed and we are here trying to let people know that there is more good then the bad they throwing out.

Alpha Centauri
Cretinuious little beast huh.
All I heard you say was that our threads are lame and stupid and from the way you were implying them it seemed as if you were against the VS forums. If this is so then I'm sorry that I believed it to be so doesn't change my thoughts on your notion of the forum though.

No, you didn't hear me say anything.

What you did, is read what you want to read whilst skipping over my posts, after coming in here in some kind of kamikaze "DEFEND THE FORUM!" blind rage. I didn't imply anything in any way that would make you believe I wanted it closed, especially since I ACTUALLY said the opposite.

While you were a year before me all that means is that year has passed new faces have come and old ones have left and things have changed. Just because you were there a year before me doesn't mean you have anymore notion of what it is now than I do in fact I should have more since I still post there.

Which is exactly why I'm speaking from what I remember. I don't believe the forum has completely changed, I could probably go back and find familiar faults, but I'm not saying it hasn't changed either.

And we are not trying to be void of nit picking but someone has started a petition to have our forum closed and we are here trying to let people know that there is more good then the bad they throwing out.

It's not going to get recognised, this petition.

-AC

newjak86
No, you didn't hear me say anything.

What you did, is read what you want to read whilst skipping over my posts, after coming in here in some kind of kamikaze "DEFEND THE FORUM!" blind rage. I didn't imply anything in any way that would make you believe I wanted it closed, especially since I ACTUALLY said the opposite.

Which is exactly why I'm speaking from what I remember. I don't believe the forum has completely changed, I could probably go back and find familiar faults, but I'm not saying it hasn't changed either.

It's not going to get recognised, this petition.

-AC No what I did was read a bunch of posts from not only you but other people as well in a hurry trying to catch anybody will skip over some things.

And believe me I am all about blind rage just ask anybody on KMC that knows me and the first thing they will tell you is I'm just an illogical guy who tries to pick fights with people I don't even know.

Honestly I can this if your agreeing then welcome aboard and I'm sorry that I got you upset.

Yes you could fins similar faults doesn't mean they are as rampant as you once remember of course it all depends on what you go one looking for. If you go looking for those faults well guess what you'll find them if you just go one to have fun guess what you'll have fun. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
No what I did was read a bunch of posts from not only you but other people as well in a hurry trying to catch anybody will skip over some things.

Do you know who's fault this is? Because it's not mine.

And believe me I am all about blind rage just ask anybody on KMC that knows me and the first thing they will tell you is I'm just an illogical guy who tries to pick fights with people I don't even know.

You came in here in a hurry, defending the forum and you messed up. I said nothing untrue.

Honestly I can this if your agreeing then welcome aboard and I'm sorry that I got you upset.

You didn't get me upset. You made me laugh, you got everything wrong.

Yes you could fins similar faults doesn't mean they are as rampant as you once remember of course it all depends on what you go one looking for. If you go looking for those faults well guess what you'll find them if you just go one to have fun guess what you'll have fun. stick out tongue

Yes.

-AC

grey fox

vincent

You sir are ignorant , you claim the comic book versus forum has more posts then the Off topic forum and that we 'spam' too much .

A. The Comic book versus forum has 592,380 posts (currently) , the off topic forum on the other hand has 2,565,112 posts (currently) now ether your math really sucks or your being blind on purpose.

B. Our threads are apparently spam ? Well I really can't believe that from a guy who's made.....

Kiss the person above you Game. (Do It!)
Change The Lyrics a Bit.
Transformers, Cookie in Disguise
KMC Porn, 24 Hours a Day, 9 Days a Week.
Well, This made me Giggle like a School Girl.
The Porno Coffee Shop
Random things from Random Profiles
The "I'm Sorry" Thread

...you don't seem to practice what you preach Vinny wink

I conclude that Vinny is whining about absolutely nothing. He is the equivalent of David Ike . Ignore him at best , beat him at worst .

Tron
Originally posted by grey fox
You sir are ignorant , you claim the comic book versus forum has more posts then the Off topic forum and that we 'spam' too much .

A. The Comic book versus forum has 592,380 posts (currently) , the off topic forum on the other hand has 2,565,112 posts (currently) now ether your math really sucks or your being blind on purpose.

B. Our threads are apparently spam ? Well I really can't believe that from a guy who's made.....

Change The Lyrics a Bit.
The Porno Coffee Shop
The "I'm Sorry" Thread

I conclude that Vinny is whining about absolutely nothing. He is the equivalent of David Ike . Ignore him at best , beat him at worst .

laughing out loud

Sea King

Change The Lyrics a Bit.
The Porno Coffee Shop
The "I'm Sorry" Thread

well to me it looks like were all comeing up to bat for keeping the vs forums so all i have to say now is read the above quote and live with it because its true. cool

K.Diddy
beer Looks like little Vinny should of kept his opinions to himself

LethalFemme
Originally posted by K.Diddy

pretty mucherm

Leave the vs forum alone. They've done nothing to you if it's like that get rid of the Star Wars threads cause they make people look like nerds.roll eyes (sarcastic)

RedAlertv2
Does anyone else see the irony of this thread being posted in the OTF?

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by K.Diddy

Vinny Valentine dressed as Spider-Man VS The entire VS Forum .. . who'd win?? eek!

-Tired Hiker-

Oh you better believe it! yes That's why I love this place. smile

K.Diddy

All I know is, Vinny only posts in OTF so it's not really his place to say anything roll eyes (sarcastic) We do our thing and the comic book guy's do their thing, just leave it be

Raz is the man to decide what should and shouldn't be on here, not a 15 yr old kid roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imaginary
These VS forum are a complete Waste, its just a way for people to post 4 threads every day without getting in trouble for spamming.

No different than you in here Vinny erm Only difference is your threads get lots of posts....doesnt make them any better or less pointless.

But these Stupid Gaming ones and comic ones people are coming up with are a disgrace.

Agreed with this one though, but the forums have rules and mods who clean it up....so unless you're a regular poster in there, who cares?

Originally posted by batdude123
It is filled the most intelligible, most lucid, and most creative minds KMC has to offer. .

Also the most socks, trolls and spammers.

I dont actually care whether they stayed open or not as the actual forums are doing no harm, but when members, particularly in the SW one, start acting like idiots because they disagree with a mod's decision or a topic, it brings down the respect of the place.

/Mist

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Imaginary
No different than you in here Vinny erm Only difference is your threads get lots of posts....doesnt make them any better or less pointless.

Agreed with this one though, but the forums have rules and mods who clean it up....so unless you're a regular poster in there, who cares?

Also the most socks, trolls and spammers.

I dont actually care whether they stayed open or not as the actual forums are doing no harm, but when members, particularly in the SW one, start acting like idiots because they disagree with a mod's decision or a topic, it brings down the respect of the place.

/Mist is gay

I fully agreeyes

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Imaginary
No different than you in here Vinny erm

Exactly beer

Valharu
Vinny's been awfully quiet. I wonder where he is? no expression

grey fox
Originally posted by Valharu

Hiding under his rock preferably.

Valharu
Hiding under his rock preferably. No doubt his massive ego got a bit of a shock.

grey fox
No doubt his massive ego got a bit of a shock.

yes

RedAlertv2

Asleep?

But basically what Vinny is trying to say is:

OTF > Vs Forums

Even though I post in the OTF more than any of the Vs Forums, I still think Vin is wrong here.

grey fox
Asleep?

Hiding under his rock preferably.

-Tired Hiker-
I think Vinny is just joking with this, I can see how people may not like it, but it's the OTF so it's not like it's meant to be taken seriously. At least he's not doing this in the VS forum, which I think is as fine a forum as any, if people enjoy it, then it should stay.

Valharu
Asleep?

But basically what Vinny is trying to say is:

OTF > Vs Forums

Even though I post in the OTF more than any of the Vs Forums, I still think Vin is wrong here. As far as I understood things one's popularity does not dictate the coming's and going's of KMC. I'm sure Vinny has Raz's throne in his sights. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xavius
Vinny, your biased attitude towards the Versus forum bothers me.

I agree with you one hundred percent that the Versus forums is a stockpile of morons, but the forum presents a value of entertainment.

A load of rude, obnoxious and basically all around horrid debaters spend time ranting in their about their lopped personal opinions and proofless semantics . . .

BUT

Sitting here saying the OTF is better and may have a better purpose is such a load of shit. The OTF is FILLED with pointless shit and threads with less than TEN replies and the most ridiculously unfunny bullshit ever lingers among this forum.

The Versus forums (When utilized by the proper people whom do not abuse them) can be quite an entertaining and fun place to be. It's always good to see who can defeat who, and that's more of a relevant purpose IMO than some of the crap here.

Leo.M
No doubt his massive ego got a bit of a shock.

laughing laughing laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>